2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
24 members (johnesp, drumour, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, JohnCW, 7 invisible), 1,251 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1995354 12/06/12 09:44 AM
Y
OP Offline
Y
Hi everyone! Reposting this on the correct forum.
Adult beginner here looking to buy my first digital piano. First a little background about myself. I have a wide range of taste in music; from classical, to alternative, even to rap metal. But my prevalent taste in music has always been those that uses the piano. The songs that I love the most are sung with a piano. I have always been drawn to and fascinated with piano playing and music. So now the time has come for me to make my dream a reality, to be able to play the piano. To play the songs that I love.
I also grew up listening to my Father playing his classical and opera music in the house and I also would like to play him a classical piano piece down the road.

Now to the DP options. The Casio PX 330 or PX 350 or PX 735. You may wonder why these 3. It's because our local Casio store is the only one offering their pianos at an 18 month installment at 0% interest. I really can't afford a one time payment so I'm pretty much stuck with these.
Prices are the following: (converted to USD)
PX 330 - $978 (unit + sustain pedal only, no stand/chair)
PX 350 - $1321 (unit + sustain pedal only, no stand/chair)
PX 735 - $1247 (unit + 3 pedals + stand + chair)

I would like to ask for advise on what the best deal and piano is out of the 3.

I was opting for the PX 330 for the price and portability but I would have to buy an X stand for it, which basing on the videos I've seen, doesn't offer a firm support while playing - it shakes.
For the additional $250, the PX 735 is somewhat worth it because it comes with a stand, chair and 3 pedals. It also looks good in the living room. Although at the expense of portability. I've read that the PX 735 is a PX 135 with a built in case? So does this mean that the PX 330 is still better than the PX 735?
As for the PX 350, the price to benefit ratio really doesn't compare to the other two. Or am I missing some "improvement" that makes it worth getting?

Really appreciate the help! Thanks in advance! =)

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
This prices look a little expensive - where are you based?

James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Your finances are limited, so go for the best you can afford, but exclude all those nice to have features you will likely hardly use. Have you actually seen and touched any of these models in person?

Y
OP Offline
Y
I'm from the Philippines. We don't have an Amazon service or the likes here. We can order online but the shipping costs would put the price back up to the level of what is available locally. Also after reading the number of returns due to defects, I'd really prefer to test and check the DP in person first before buying.

So given the prices, does the PX 350 justify the $343 increase from PX 330? If I were to choose only between the two what do you guys recommend I get?
Lastly, given all the choices, should I get the PX 735? - better speakers, comes with a permanent stand, chair, 3 pedals + a 2 year free home service? with the other 2, i have to bring the unit over to the Casio store.

I don't really know any pieces to play so I'm limited to pressing keys randomly.. But I will check all 3 to see what I like in appearance and feel. Given my own opinion plus the recommendations here, I believe I'll be able to make a confident decision/choice.

A
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Yogimo13
does the PX 350 justify the $343 increase from PX 330? If I were to choose only between the two what do you guys recommend I get?

Personally, I think the PX350 is significantly better than the PX330 in action and also has a better piano sound. If the price difference is a stretch for you, I would suggest getting the PX150 rather than the PX330.

Online Content
Yes, I would opt for the PX-350 also.

James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
B
B
I guess its all subjective, but having owned a PX-330 and now a PX-350 I actually prefer the 330 for playing Boogie Woogie/Rock n Roll/Organ and the blues as the action is lighter.
But if I where in the market for a new Casio then obviously I would buy the PX-350.

Last edited by Bigmark; 12/07/12 06:43 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission