2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
67 members (bcalvanese, 20/20 Vision, booms, Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, crab89, AlkansBookcase, 9 invisible), 1,932 guests, and 272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 54 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 53 54
P
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
P
Hello there. I am a new member (just joined five minutes ago) and I'm very excited to join the pianoworld community here. A little bit about me: I have been playing piano for five years and I love it so very, very much. I practice between 2-3 hours on schooldays and 4-6 hours on weekends. My favorite composers are Chopin, Beethoven, and Rachmaninov (thus my screen name).
Thank you!
--M

F
F
Hi I'm new to this forum and I played the piano for 20 years by now. I began at 6 years with Thompson and Walter Carrol. In my early teens I played Sonatines and pieces by Debussy (suite bergamasque) and Rachmaninoff (some preludes). Then came the Beethoven virus and played a lot of him till it became to difficult. When I was 20 I gave a "Russian Recital" with pieces of Balakirev, Tschaikovsky and Rachmaninoff. Now six years later I played some Chopin over the years. After all nocturnes I'm currently working on his 3rd Ballade. I'm also working on the Grieg sonata. My goal is to play more by Chopin (scherzi, other ballades), late Schubert sonates (D958,D959,D960), Beethoven's Appassionata Sonate, Medthner Reminiscenza sonate and lots of other long and big pieces. My eventual dream is to play late Beethoven, major works by Liszt and somewhat all piano concerti ;-)

P
P
Hi all, first time poster and long time reader. I own a recording studio in Denver, am a rusted intermediate player and really love recording artists on our beautiful Yamaha C-7. I never give up on trying to capture a better recording than the last one I did. I have begun a blog on piano recording at rockyrecorders.com The first installment is on how to make a superior recording in a studio enviornment. Having worked with many solo pianists, I tried to outline some tips to save you money and help you produce a better recorded product. I also am a student of the various manufacturers of Grands and qualities of the various makes. A few years ago, I went on my own quest as far as NYC to decide which grand I would buy for my personal instrument. I played a lot of 6 plus footers before making a new purchase. Scary decision! Till later,
Paul

P
P
Awesome performance. those low notes really growled in pain at times.

M
M
Hi everyone
So this is my first post...
I'm from Australia and I'm 14 smile
Been playing piano for about 10 years and did my LmusA this year
My favourite composer is definitely Chopin, so I've really enjoyed listening to the International Chopin Piano Competition over the weeks laugh
Favourite pianist? this changes all the time, but currently, my favourite is Bernd Glemser

Currently playing:
Beethoven - Appassionata Sonata
Chopin - Nocturne Op 27 No 2
Chopin - Ballade No 2
Chopin - Etude 'Winter Wind'
Debussy - Jardins sous la pluie
Ravel - Sonatine
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by musiklover96
Hi everyone
So this is my first post...
I'm from Australia and I'm 14 smile
Been playing piano for about 10 years and did my LmusA this year
My favourite composer is definitely Chopin, so I've really enjoyed listening to the International Chopin Piano Competition over the weeks laugh
Favourite pianist? this changes all the time, but currently, my favourite is Bernd Glemser

Welcome to the forum smile
Where in Australia are you from?

Hello! I've posted a few things on this particular forum, although I spend most of my time at the Composers' Lounge or the general Piano Forum. I'm a musician and composer attending Concordia College in Minnesota for a composition degree. I play keyboards, percussion, and some limited vocals and guitar, and my main musical interests are New Age and Progressive Metal, although I really like any sort of music that makes me think. I am not a huge fan of "Western Classical" music, although I play and study a lot of it and recognize its significance. If you click on my signature, which is a link, you can visit my Youtube page to check out a lot of my original musical work. I hope to post here a little more in the coming weeks, although I'm not sure it's quite the right place! Anyway, thanks!

M
M
Sydney smile

Currently playing:
Beethoven - Appassionata Sonata
Chopin - Nocturne Op 27 No 2
Chopin - Ballade No 2
Chopin - Etude 'Winter Wind'
Debussy - Jardins sous la pluie
Ravel - Sonatine
U
U
Hi All,

I'm 31 and started playing when I was about 26 but stopped after a couple of years of self-taught delusion. I thought I could play pretty well but always had nagging doubts having not had any real guidance.

4 months ago I moved house, got the Piano out of storage and started playing again, from scratch, with a teacher. I realise now just how lacking in musicality all of my playing was. Whilst I can't play the things I played before yet, everything I play now sounds 100 times better than before.

I have an absolute renewed passion for the piano now. Perhaps part of this is that now I am married I have less time to practice (maybe 1 to 2 hours a day rather than 4 or 5) and so appreciate my time at the piano a bit more!

Nick

Restarted piano in September 2010 after previous misguided attempts to learn without a teacher.
S
S
Hi, all.

I'm 31 years old and just found this most excellent forum last week.

I had classical training from the age of six to 18. (In a Music School Preparatory program for high school). At that point I moved into jazz performance. So I have a pretty broad base, and have also taught on and off since high school.

Just recently I was able to "re-enter" the profession and got a job as a piano teacher in a local school. I am more than excited to get back to what I love doing. I spend most of my time here in the Piano Teacher's Forum, but if you want to drop me a PM and let me know about any interesting threads, please feel FREE! (I am a moderator at a separate forum so I'm intimately familiar with "forum life". smile )

F
F
Hiya! This is my first time ever being signed up for a forum and i'm clueless as to what to do. But i'm learning.

Anywho. My name is Fox. It's legit. I've been playing the piano since I was five and have always been looking for new material to play all the time so I signed up in hopes that I would find some new music to add to my repetoire. I pretty much like all types of music, jazz, funk, pop, boogie, ragtime etc. and if you might somehow be able to reccomend me any music that you yourself like or have some general knowledge of please don't hesitate to tell me or message me or reply to me or what ever you do on forum's to tell poeple stuff.

I need to find something clever to put here.

-Fox
M
M
Well hello der! Just joined the site today although I've been stalking it pretty hard the past week or so. I just purchased a Yamaha YPG-635 which I should be receiving this Wednesday. I also just purchased Alfred's Adult All-In-One, course 1 book (and CD). I also checked in to the respective thread in the Adult Beginners Forum.

My name is Matt and I'm 28. I come from a very musical family. Been playing guitar since I was 14 and drums since maybe 4 or 5 years ago. I know the basics of piano, but am here to learn to read music and tickle the ivory so to speak.

Good talk.

C
C
Hello,

I've actually been a member for a while, but mostly have been around the Adult Beginner's forum. I'm not really a beginner (anymore), since I played for a few years as a teenager and have been playing fairly consistently for the past 5 or 6 years. I have a Petrof Model IV grand piano, and I love it. I'm working on a few things right now, including Chopin Op. 28 No. 1 Prelude in C, Bach's WTC Prelude and Fugue in C, Elgar Chanson de Nuit (accompanying my sister in law, who is on violin), and some other stuff here and there.

One more thing, my favorite composer is Beethoven by far, but I also like Bach, Chopin, Mozart, Schumann (for the most part in that order), and also 20th century greats like Prokofiev, Shostakovich, Schoenberg, Stravinsky, etc.

Last edited by Cookie74; 11/19/10 02:53 PM.

" I wish you music to help with the burdens of life, and to help you release your happiness to others."

--Ludwig van Beethoven
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Cookie74
I've actually been a member for a while, but mostly have been around the Adult Beginner's forum. I'm not really a beginner (anymore).....

Welcome (although you're not new) -- we officially pronounce you a "Pianist." smile

And welcome to all the others who have posted here.
I wonder if maybe most of us members don't see this thread enough. I keep sort of forgetting about it.

I wonder if maybe, ironically, the fact that this is a "sticky" (i.e. at the top of the forum listing) prevents it from being noticed more! It makes it easier for new people to find it (which makes sense) but maybe harder for most of us to notice it. I'm not saying it should be un-stickied.....but, when I look at the Pianist Corner listings, what catches my eye most is the bunch of threads with new posts -- which are below the stickies, and I tend not to look 'up there' because the stickies don't have new posts as often. Of course I don't know that it's an issue for others too, although the paucity of replies to the posts on this thread makes it seem that it might be. I don't know any remedy, except maybe to somehow just remind people about this thread from time to time -- and I don't know how you'd do that either.

T
T
Hello, new member to the forums after purchasing a dp. Learned as a child on a rickety acoustic. Started out with high potential, playing Beethoven at age 9 in the 5th grade talent show. Over the years, school, work and life has gotten in the way of my love of piano, and consquently, my abilities stifled. Trying to get back into the swing. I developed the playing method of learning sheet music, but then laying those aside and playing strictly from memory. Discovered French composer Yann Tiersen from a movie or two a few years ago, who uses beautiful but relatively easy repetitive patterns. Been succesful with this composer's works and getting confidence back to acheive greater success than Ive had in the last decade with improving my skill level.

P
P
I'm a fairly long-time lurker, with occasional bursts of posting (now, for instance). I figured I'd might as well introduce myself properly.
I've been playing piano for about 10 years now...I'm a sophomore in high school. My favorite composers are Liszt and Saint-Saens, but I like just about anything. I do a little singing, too (mainly choral...Whitacre is by far my favorite choral composer).
I do a few competitions each year...enough to keep me busy. I have a hard time sticking on a piece, as I really love learning new things and experimenting (I was doing really well on La Campanella until I found Illustrations Du Prophete...still doing pretty well on it, but not making the kind of progress I was before). =P
And hopefully I'll be able to motivate myself to keep posting and not shrink into the shadows like I normally do. =)

Currently playing:
Saint-Saens Concerto No. 2 Mvmt 1 - Andante Sostenuto
La Campanella - Liszt
Sonata No. 6 - Beethoven
Sonata No. 2 Scherzo & Trio - Brahms
WTC Book I Prelude & Fugue XV - Bach
Excursions #1 & 4 - Barber
Sonata No. 2 Presto Assai - Kabalevsky
P
P
Hello, I have been playing the piano for 15 years! I really enjoy teaching it part-time. To find out more about me, please visit my page on YouTube; type pianist828. Thanks!

Hi All!

Just thought I would pop in and introduce myself. My name is Ashley, but you can call me Hoffy if you like! I have been on the search for a piano forum for a while…funnily enough, it took me a while to find this place (so please forgive me if some of my questions and queries appear elsewhere on the net)

Anyhow, just a bit about me. I am from Adelaide, Australia. I learnt piano when I was at school over 20 years ago and have hardly touched the keys since. This year, I have had my 5 year old daughter doing piano lessons, which has lit the flame again (OK, currently its probably only the pilot flame, but I am starting to play a bit more each day!). I also have a 7 year old daughter who is learning guitar, who has actually started teaching herself the piano, which I find very very cool!

As for instruments, I have an old acoustic, which was my grandparents. It’s a typical 1940's "Stencil Brand" piano (Eddyola with a Schwander action), very much in need of a good tune (otherwise its in pretty good condition). I also have a mid 80's Yamaha PSR, which is very shortly going to be replaced with a basic Digital Piano , either a Yamaha P95, Korg SP170 or Casio PX130 (Christmas present for the family).

Anyhow, looking forward to getting that flame well and truly alight again! Hopefully, all the info here will help.

Cheers
Hoffy (Ashley)

Help!
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi hoffy
I'm from Adelaide too (originally). Lovely place. And I learnt piano very badly many years ago. After 20 years break someone lent me a short cheap keyboard with no touch sensitivity... How funny to think that those first few weeks of dabbling on a useless instrument could lead to such an obsession! It's only a matter of time Hoffy grin

[Linked Image]
Composers manufacture a product that is universally deemed superfluous—at least until their music enters public consciousness, at which point people begin to say that they could not live without it.
Alex Ross.
Thanks for the welcome Canonie!

Cheers

Help!
Page 21 of 54 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 53 54

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission