2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (Animisha, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 13 invisible), 1,868 guests, and 261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
"SH, ever think of being a moderator here for a living? I hear they make big bucks and you would be great at it.".

Hehe, no. Why would I want to do that? It has got to be an incredible amount of work (to keep up with all the threads) for no credit. Plus, We've got a good mod in Greg. (Come to think of it, I haven't seen YD around here in a while. At least not since the bikini panties photo he posted).

Just sayin'.

MaryBee, I'm almost encouraging a battle of the wits which would include our friend Trapper. Only thing is you know it will be ongoing as in never-ending. This is a good thing and could be a ton-O-fun considering the participants involved which has me thinking...

How about an end of year ABF roast? I'm not sure how it will go down or be run but you can sign me up for that now! It's probably best not to highjack the recital thread (which yes, I know I'm in the process of doing), so maybe we can talk about this as a new topic. {I'm already thinking up roast stuff now!)

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mr Super-Hunky
...Don't get worked up over Trapper. He really has no negative intent towards anyone here.

...Just toss a pie at him when he's not lookin'. (hint... insult Karen Carpenter tunes)!

No negative intent? Ha! Just keep thinking that... smirk

And blueberry or cherry pie preferably...but insults to Karen will earn you a severe tongue-lashing mad

Originally Posted by MaryBee
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn
I long ago stopped reading these threads in their entirety - I was just scanning thru looking for something unusual and interesting [...]

Does that mean we shouldn't bother commenting on your recital submission, since you likely aren't reading those comments? Or are those are the "unusual and interesting" things you're looking for? wink On the other hand, maybe there are other people interested in reading the comments on your piece. confused Oh, wait... you probably won't be reading this post, so I shouldn't even bother asking. laugh

But yes, I am reading this - mostly because you quoted me - which is not only an indication of highly discriminating good taste but which constitutes an "unusual and interesting" post in and of itself thumb

And please keep the complimentary comments on my Recital submissions coming in - I'm as starved for ego-boasting encouragement as just about everyone else smile
Besides, I need something to quote and comment on in these Discussion threads...

Last edited by TrapperJohn; 11/29/12 08:30 AM.

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
This is my last group, but I’ll be going over the list of submissions one more time to make sure I didn’t miss anyone.

8. Classical Beginner and Intermediate:

Well, I was going to try to generalize about all of your progress, the way Richard did, but I don’t have his qualifications to do this and I was just so impressed with all of your performances in this ecital…

8 Greener
12 JakeS
13 Wj3/Walt
16 Ben Piano
21 Andy Platt
22 CasinItaly
25 Hawdriver
34 LizzAnne
35 Mr. Pozor
46 Coldsalmon
50 Bessel
51 PianoStudent88

8 Greener - Your becoming quite the Bach player. Count ’em folks—three by Bach! You could have had us at one! Nice balance between the voices. Great job on all of them.
12 Jake S – Prelude -- Very nice job for such a short tutelage.
13 Wj3/Walt – Very nice start on this piece. It’s clear you get Joplin. I think once you can pick up the tempo a little, you’ll be give able it that little bit of extra energy it needs IMO.
16 Ben Piano – What a lovely little waltz! I think you have exquisite taste and always enjoy your selections. Your performance of this one makes me wish I had time to go into the index and listen to some of your earlier ones. I’d love to hear the “story” behind it sometime.
21 Andy Platt - I like the counterpoint melodies in this piece better than I do in a lot of Bach pieces. Seems very challenging, especially some of those bass lines. And at going on 7 minutes, with so many varied techniques involved, this is most impressive. If I’d heard this before setting up my categories, I probably would have put you in the advanced category.
22 Casinitaly – I envy your control with dynamics and phrasing – great use of rubato. Taking these and the tone you bring out in your melodies, especially in the music box piece, you really make me feel the music viscerally, which isn’t something that always happens when I listen to this type of music.
25 Hawgdriver – It’s amazing to me that you can maintain this level of performance for over five minutes after only three years. I hadn’t listened to a lot of classical piano music before I came here, but I am really enjoying it now and its hard for me to imagine how it gets better than this with or without a teacher— i.e. many have teachers for the length of time you’ve been playing and don’t sound this good.
34. LizzAnne – I know how you feel having to restart. I’ve done it twice in my life and I never picked up dynamic control very well either. Looks like you’re doing it right this time. It’s a simple piece but I found it very moving and part of the reasons was your shaping of the phrases through your dynamics—I could see your struggle to control them, and you often won it.
35. Mr. Poznor – Only 7 mos.? Congratulations on your perseverance. You really have some skill and technique to show for it. Nicely done.
46. Coldsalmon – Well after experiencing another beautifully played nocturne after Hawdriver’s, I had to go look up the definition. The first I found pertaining to music—not artwork—was “An instrumental composition of a pensive, dreamy mood, especially one for the piano.” I thought your performance did great justice to this definition and I’m not trained enough to notice the mistakes. I’m sorry about your piano, I lost one in similar dramatic circumstances so I know the pain, but the good news is: Agrosonics are cheap and easy to find. Your next one will be even better.
50. Bessel – I really enjoyed the energy and emotion you brought to this piece. Whatever it lacked in precision, it certainly made up for in liveliness. I don’t think you should be so hard on yourself. Sometimes we can accomplish a tremendous amount in a short time, sometime not so much in a longer time. And sometimes playing with energy and abandon is more important and sometimes playing with precision is. We need to learn to do both.
51. PianoStudent88 – You’re really becoming quite skilled at trilling. Not easy given the tempo of these pieces. Thanks for your heard work.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
43. Starkeys- Wow Starkeys... That is a very touching presentation on youtube. Wonderful playing and singing.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Starr Keys

CebuKid – Quite an about face – from Joplin to Bach. Great finger action!--I'm sure Joplin didn't hurt in this respect.

Hahahaha, thanks for noticing Starr Keys. smile
I admit, I am very much a one-trick pony and probably wouldn't have taken up piano again if it weren't for Joplin and ragtime. It's still very much my favorite genre.
I played light classical as a kid (from the John Thompson books), and dabbled a little in my adult career. Believe it or not, several recitals ago, I played Chopin...didn't turn out so well, though.

Now...I do plan to play a Joplin piece again come the next recital, and last I checked, I believe I still have the most Joplin submissions..lol. I will probably reprise one that I haven't "officialy" played yet for a recital. Stay tuned. smile

YouTube Channel
Scott Joplin Repertoire

Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life.
- Berthold Auerbach

[Linked Image]
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Peyton, thanks for your very kind and generous comment on my video performance. I can't wait to tell my sister that a real artist described her paintings as beautiful. Oh, wait, she can read it herself since you posted it on my Youtube. Special thanks for that!

Originally Posted by CebuKid
I ...probably wouldn't have taken up piano again if it weren't for Joplin and ragtime. It's still very much my favorite genre. 

CebuKid, I enjoyed reading your comment on my comment. I know what you mean about taking up piano because you are obsessed with one style or composer and if it weren't for that not bothering. I feel that way about cocktail-jazz.

Last edited by Starr Keys; 11/29/12 10:54 PM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
And please keep the complimentary comments on my Recital submissions coming in - I'm as starved for ego-boasting encouragement as just about everyone else smile
Besides, I need something to quote and comment on in these Discussion threads...
Ha ha! Will do, TJ. We want to keep you coming back. grin

Mary Bee
Current mantra: Play outside the box.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] XVI-XXXVI
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S

And, yes! Henry - one of my all time favorite heros (along with Darth Vader and Scrooge).

You forgot the Grinch! laugh Just try not to steal Christmas--and I won't complain even if the only holiday music you let us listen to is from The Carpenters' Christmas albums. smile

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Here's some more:

11. Mr Super-Hunky - Nothing Else Matters-original cover
You know, a simple arrangement of this song was the first piece of sheet music I ever tried to read. I gave up after the first few bars and starting working on the first ballade. I don't know what the heck is wrong with me...
I love what you did with this. There's so much going on, and you do it all so effortlessly that I forget I'm listening to a submission on the ABF. Thank you!

12. Jake S - Prelude no.4 in E minor
I love this piece! I'm going to learn this piece soon hopefully. Firstly, for 10 months you're doing very well. This was quite a pleasure to listen to. As far as constructive criticism goes, I would say the rhythm should be more consistent. It slows down and speeds up too much. Don't worry though. I did the same thing at your level of experience (and I still do it now sometimes. Ouch). If you did a bad job, I'd just say something nice and leave it at that, but since you did this so well I thought I'd throw something constructive in as well. Thank you!

13. Wj3 / Walt - Bethena
I'm not familiar with this piece, but I enjoyed your performance. The recording quality wasn't great. Not sure why, but it made it harder to hear what you were doing. Anyway, I hope to hear you playing the unsimplified version soon! Thank you!

14. ladypayne - Early Winter
The beginning sounds familiar. This is a very fun sounding little piece. I love the the idea of making stuff up. I wish I could do the same. I enjoyed listening to it. Thank you!

15. (Was)TrueBeginner - Sandy
This piece sounds quite melancholy. I think Sandy is an appropriate name for it, considering it left quite a few people very unhappy (though probably not you, since you got a day off).

16. BenPiano - Poem
Your playing always intrigues me, no matter what you are playing. Your recording sounds nice, nice camera angle on your video (as usual) and your playing is beautiful and quite elegant. Not much else to say. I enjoyed it, as always. Thank you!

17. Monica K. - Opening
Woah. A 3 against 2 clinic. I'm not watching! I'll keep my awful timing , thank you very much wink
Seriously though, this is so wonderful. And I love your piano too. I'm going to come and take it, and that's final laugh
Thank you!

18. cgyan / Iain - Morning Light
I watched your video on YouTube, so I looked at your channel. You managed to rack up almost 400 subscribers and almost 200,000 video views in 3 years of playing! And people seem to like your videos too! All mine get bombarded with dislikes, so I'm a little jealous. You've covered so much music too. I'm inspired to work harder now. On to your playing, it was great, and I love the little effects you added in. Very creative! Thank you!

19. Jazztpt (Russ) - You See
This is awesome. I have no ear developed yet for this kind of music, but it sounded really strong to me. Thank you!

20. Inlanding - Glen - Angle Eye and Morning Greets the New Day
Wonderful playing. I'm glad you're recovering from your injuries. I don't hear anything in your playing that would give away your lack of practice either. Also, your lunch is making me hungry. I have no idea what it is, but it sounds delicious. I wish I had more to say, but it becomes difficult to find something new to say piece after piece when I am unfamiliar with the music. I enjoyed listening. Thank you!

And I'm tired. Enough for now. Major props to all of those who crank out the responses fast and furious within the first couple days. It takes so much energy out of me!

Playing since age 21 (September 2010) and loving it more every day.
"You can play better than BachMach2." - Mark_C
Currently Butchering:
Rachmaninoff Prelude in C# Minor
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
More comments on comments:

Monica K. - Monica, the problem was exctly the few bars of the original piece. I felt that I needed to make something longer. I'm sure lot's of people could do this, inclundig, you. Thanks for your comments.

Starr Keys
I tryed to do not "destroy" the mood of the original melody. Thanks for your comments

Andy Platt - It wasn't easy but "Original extended cover" was the better description I could use. Because, it's that all. I also was amazed that the melody is so old. Fortunately Ludovico regained this tune... we could have missed this "pearl". Thanks for your comments.

Peyton - I did not had any intention to put a "sad" feel on it... That's why I love PW comments: each one has is own opinion, and all of them give me a different perspective of it. Otherwise it was impossible. Thanks for your comments.

CMohr - CMohr, I think you get the idea. It was just "musical ear" and I'm going to write it down. Thanks for your comments.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
A
A
I've been slacking! Time for some more comments.

25. Hawgdriver - Nocturne in B flat minor, Op. 9/1
I hope I can play this well in two years. Chopin music looks and sounds so interesting, but far too hard yet.

26. MusicaMusique - Je t'aimais, je t'aime, je t'aimerai
This is a nice tune. I appreciate the high tones.

27. kenjazz (Ken) - Waltz For Debby
Your geek alert goes completely over my head, but fortunately the song doesn't. I don't listen to jazz... perhaps I should!

28. MaryBee - Bagatelle No.25 in A minor (Fur Elise)
Supposedly everyone knows and plays this piece, but this is the first complete recording I've heard outside a tutorial video I'd attempted earlier. Your interpretation is beautiful!

29. Allard - Before the Last Leaf Falls
I'm still amazed I managed to record this without mistakes. Even content with it until compared to the original played by David Lanz, which is played a bit slower and infinitely more expressive. Still, getting somewhere. Thanks everyone for their nice comments!

30. Jazzwee - Blue Monk
Sounds like everyone was having a great time. I hope the food was as good as the music smile

31. zrtf90 (Richard) - Romance Sans Paroles, Op. 17 No. 3
I'd never heard of this composer. It really is (not just 'normally'!) a beautiful piece of music.

32. TX-Dennis/Dennis Turner - Be Thou My Vision
See, worship music isn't so bad when people aren't singing. The music is soothing. Probably sounds a little easier than it is.

33. Serge88 - My Way
This is sweet. I expected something... stubborn, from the title.

34. LizAnne - Elegy Op.183, No.2
I believe this has been said already: the volume is very low. Good thing I'm listening in such a quiet office, this friday afternoon, or I'd miss it all! It sounds good enough, but the dynamics you set out to work on are scarcely noticeable.

35. MrPozor - The Doll's Funeral
Tuning? A few notes did sound rather off... and yet, it sounded exactly the way it should. Who would rent a perfect concert grand for their doll's funeral?

David Lanz - Skyline Firedance Suite
Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy 7 Main Theme
[Linked Image]
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
I just started reading through the myriad comments left by others on my submission. There are a great many and I am grateful to those that decided to acknowledge listening. Your encouragement and kind words are very much appreciated. It is an honor to be able to share music with you. Thank you for your music!

30. Jazzwee - Blue Monk Great playing, Jazzwee. The interaction from the crowd must have energized you and your band, as it sounded like you guys got tighter and tighter as you played. What great fun that must have been for you. That bass player did really well, too - he's got some chops. Your solo and comping really made Blue Monk sing. Great gig, great job!

31. zrtf90 (Richard) - Romance Sans Paroles, Op. 17 No. 3 Faure is a wonderful composer and you played his music wonderfully.

32. TX-Dennis/Dennis Turner - Be Thou My Vision Dennis, your playing improves with every submission here and in the Piano Bar. Your control of the left hand dynamics against the right are spectacular.

33. Serge88 - My Way I like your arrangement of My Way. I never heard the original, but I've heard Frank Sinatra's renditions by the hundreds. Good work.

34. LizAnne - Elegy Op.183, No.2 A very pretty piece of music. One would never know you weren't taught how to control dynamics, because even with your electric keyboard, you are able to squeeze dynamics very well. I like that piece of music and your playing.

35. MrPozor - The Doll's Funeral It is amazing to me you are able to play this well after being self-taught for seven months! I hope you find a teacher you can mesh with and move forward quickly. You are very talented. You already know about the piano - tune it.

36. lyricmudra - Consolation No. 3 This is a beautiful interpretation. You have such an affinity for the piano and you play so very relaxed - a fine example of very fine technique. I am really looking forward to hearing more of your music - this is one of the more beautiful Consolation 3s I've heard. Your delivery struck a chord with me. I viewed each one of your YouTube videos and your playing is absolutely - I loved especially your Scarlatti - Thank you!

37. TrapperJohn - I'll Be Seeing You Very nice playing, TrapperJohn. I am so glad you shared this wonderful melody and arrangement. You are clearly connecting with the music as you play it. Bravo!

38. DadAgain (& DadAgains Daughter) - Rondo Op163 #6 That was a great deal of fun to hear. It really sounded as though you and your daughter were having such a good time playing together

39. Ganddalf - Prelude Op.45 This prelude is not familiar to me, so this was a real treat! Your playing is very smooth and confident. I am simply not familiar enough with the piece, nor am I skilled enough as a player to give you any suggestions about your playing, except that I'd like to be able to play as well as do you.

40. Sam S - Prelude Opus 28 number 15 (Raindrop) This is a piece that always captures my imagination when it is played well. The pictures you paint with it are broad, vibrant, and intense. I very much liked your transition to the repeat at the 5:00 mark. I hope you are enjoying playing your 1927 Bechstein L as much as I enjoyed hearing you play it.

41. joangolfing - Elves' Dance The title is descriptive of how you play this piece.

42. Copper - What a Wonderful World I really love this tune.

43. Starr Keys - Broken Hearted Me There are many things about your piece I find quite amazing. It is dedicated to your sister, her trials and tribulations, and to her art. This speaks volumes about you. This is aligned with what you did last year, another piece dedicated to your family. Secondly, your chord voicing are much more sophisticated than in the past - a great sign you are really listening to what you are playing as your formulate your arrangements. Lastly, but not least of which is your magical voice. You sound much more polished and confident. The combination of your connecting with the music, the emotion and commitment to dedicating the energy to creating such music and the enthusiasm for putting this together is so very commendable. Thank you for your music.

44. Valencia - Work in Progress --Chopin's Etude 25/11 Winter Wind is such a difficult piece and I find it amazing you are putting it together. I can only imagine this piece injuring me. Look forward to hearing you play it again after you've been working on it for a bit longer.

45. jotur/Cathy Turner - Alexander's Ragtime Band I really enjoy your playing, Cathy. Your sense of time is excellent and your enthusiasm for this music shows in every note. I look forward to seeing/hearing you play this in-person! What a gift!

46. Coldsalmon - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2 Very nicely done. Your sense of rubato is in all the right places. I am sorry to hear about your Baldwin's demise as a result of Sandy's wrath. It sounds to me you are playing this music with that in mind, a sense of longing for calm. Your rendition of this very beautiful Nocturne is a joy to hear.

47. windywindy - Love Is All Around This piece brings back lots of memories as I recall it used as a theme song of for a sitcom. You play it with a great deal of energy.

48. Teodor - Tereza's Inspiration (Original Piece) Very nice, Teodor. Your use of the sustain pedal helps to hold all the notes together very well. Good composition and I look forward to hearing it again as you expand on the idea.

49. BillM - When You Wish Upon A Star Bill, once again you bring the best from your choice in ballads. I like the magical sound you create. It has such a professional sound to it, so patient and polished.

50. Bessel - The Happy Farmer (Returning from Work), and Wild Horseman Great job on bringing the melody in the bass to the fore. Schumann is one of my favorite composers. This is even more special, considering you've been playing for two years.

51. PianoStudent88 - Minuets BWV Anh. 114, 115 I always enjoy these melodies and you play them quite well, clearly articulating the voices. Good work.

52. Mar_red - Dom (Home) / Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Medley. Congratulations on playing your first piece from sheet music. You did quite well. Yes, you got my foot tapping with your Christmas song and it did put a smile on my face!

53. Sam Rose (Shmuel R) - Solfeggietto (Solfeggio) in C Minor I still work on this piece when I can and it is difficult to keep the fingering even while exemplifying the dynamics and notations. The key to this is to avoid playing it too fast. You play very well, indeed.

54. Norrec, Tim - Solitude When I saw Solitude, I was expecting to hear Duke Ellington, but your rendition by another composer was very refreshing. Thank you for the introduction.

55. Mile Hi Steve - Halloween Potpourri I really liked the medley you put together. It almost has a rock feel to it with the electric organ voice you chose. It's really nicely done and has a good feeling of intensity to it. I like the ending!

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
V
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
V
BenPiano, Bessel, Starr Keys, Inlanding, Mr. Super-Hunky, Cebukid, lyricmundra,Windywindy, jotur, Ganddalf, Sam S, BillM, jazzwee, Richard (zrtf90), casinitaly, MaryBee, SwissMS, TX-Dennis, Andy Platt, Greener, CarlosCC, Amaruk

(Hope I didn’t miss anyone!) Thank you everyone for listening to my submission and for your kind and generous comments! I’m so surprised at how encouraging an experience this recital was. Especially given what I played. After submitting it I was freaking out thinking I’d made a mistake in hitting send….. but all that was for nothing! smile This is a lovely, friendly and encouraging corner of piano world. I’ve copied all your comments to a file to keep so thank you for taking the time to write to me. smile I hope one day I can submit the piece in full (even if it is on the very slow side).

BenPiano
-If you are interested in giving this piece a go, I really recommend Paul Barton’s youtube tutorial. I’d post the link but I don’t know how to do that. He’ll get you going on the first page. He breaks it down and makes it seem so simple that it is hard to resist giving it a go! Just be sure to take care of your hands, and don’t over do it, no matter how much fun you are having, as I really injured my hands by overplaying when I first started this piece.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
A very long time ago TJ did actually read a thread of mine before commenting on it.
He then commented in a very unhelpfull way that made me cry tears of blood and juicy stuff from my eyes. I was in a state of deep disturbia and emotional crisis because of TJ.

I was guilty of taking what he had to say without any pinch of sodium chloride whatsoever and became a psychiatric patient for a month as a result.

He made me start my own thread immediately, I had no preparation for this and was at a total loss what to do or say in the thread, However I can now bask in the glory of self agrandisement as the thread has had over three million views.

I think TJ may account for three of those views but seruptishussly ( I aint gonna even try and spell that one)

Then all of a sudden Karma came a knockin and TJ had a terrible heart operation that stopped me arguing with him because he may have kicked the bucket suddenly and it would have been my fault and everyone would have said I was out of order and jeezus wouldnt allow me in heaven and I would have to go to pergatory for ages where there would be no lesbians to watch and get off over and things.

Imagine my surprise and delight to find he was fully recovered and I could start again even though folks may advise me against going "full on" about "golf mockery" and stuff.

I now sell TJ viagra over the internet and amphetamines to help him catch the ferrets in the first place.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Catching up...............

31. zrtf90 (Richard) - Romance Sans Paroles, Op. 17 No. 3
"It is normally a beautiful piece of music...." it still is in this performance, the odd note here and there but played with a lovely relaxed feeling, Faure could certainly write a good tune.

32. TX-Dennis/Dennis Turner - Be Thou My Vision
Sweet and restful.

33. Serge88 - My Way
What a nice arrangement, well done.

34. LizAnne - Elegy OP.183 NO 2
Well done , I hope you continue this time, why waste the work you have done so far. Nicely played too.

35. MrPozor - The Doll's Funeral
Excellent after 7 months self teaching. Your piano sounds like it might be oldish but it has a nice warm tone.

36. lyricmudra - Consolation No. 3 (to do)
Well all I can say is stunning, wonderful playing.

37. TrapperJohn - I'll Be Seeing You
I play this occasionally(from a lead sheet)and I am rather fond of it,nice to hear someone else's idea on it, I play it a bit slower than this, very nice indeed.

38. DadAgain (& DadAgains Daughter) - Rondo Op163 #6
You must have lots of musical fun in your house, it comes across in the music.

39. Ganddalf - Prelude Op.45
Thanks for sharing your music, more stunning playing.

40. Sam S - Prelude Opus 28 number 15 (Raindrop)
I really enjoyed it, a pleasure to listen to , thanks.

Last edited by jazztpt; 12/02/12 04:20 PM.

Jazztpt

Just wanted to say thank you to those who have given additional comments on my recital performance: Amaruk, SwissMS, CarlosCC, MaryBee, Inlanding, jazztpt . Your words have certainly been most generous and encouraging. Thank you for taking the time to listen and to share your thoughts! :-)

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member
19. Jazztpt (Russ) - You See Wow! Fantastic composition and playing. I love the intro and how you moved through a myriad of emotional phrases. Awesomely beautiful!

20. Inlanding - Glen - Angle Eye and Morning Greets the New Day Loved, loved "Angel Eyes"! (I liked your new band, too! laugh ). I just wish this was much longer. Nice groove you got going there. "Morning..." is quite the contrast. I always feel, while listening to your original compositions, that you are really immersed in whatever you play. A heartfelt composition full of imagery. Excellent! Glad you're able to get some playing and recording done.

21. Andy Platt - Gavotte and Variations You have such a nice feel in this piece. The perfect delicate touch that fits the music so well. Such clean left hand playing that perfectly compliments the whole. I love how the variations become richer as the piece evolves. Beautifully played.

22. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Romanza and The Little Music Box Wow Cheryl, your approach into "Romanza" was perfect. I think this piece, more than any other from you, really shows how far you've come and improved. Really nice touch and feel for the piece. You come across as being very comfortable with your playing. The "Little Music Box" was an appropriate ending touch to your medley. Nice video, too.

23. SandTiger - Shimmer Excellent little composition - so great for only 8 months experience. You did make this fun to listen to. Really nice work!

24. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Meditation Your performance felt like I was listening to a full orchestra. Your playing, so full and rich made for a very moving performance. Just stupendous! I loved it.

25. Hawgdriver - Nocturne in B flat minor, Op. 9/1 I think Chopin's nocturnes are my favorites. Your performance gave me chills - absolutely wonderful - the dynamics are spot-on, the phrasing perfect. All made this exceptionally moving. Standing O!!

26. MusicaMusique - Je t'aimais, je t'aime, je t'aimerai A lovely piece and lovely playing! A new one for me. I really enjoyed the delicate melody overlaying the strong bass. Nicely done!

27. kenjazz (Ken) - Waltz For Debby Another one I was looking forward to hearing. Great story, too. This is so well put together - fantastic arrangement! I love your transition from the waltz feel to the 4/4 swing. You carried the listener along with you for a most enjoyable ride. Very cool ending. I loved it!

28. MaryBee - Bagatelle No.25 in A minor (Fur Elise) I have to say, I was also really looking forward to your entry. I still love this piece and I love your interpretation. Your transitions are flawless. It all flowed from one section to the next perfectly. This was so enjoyable, MaryBee! Lovely touch throughout, too.

29. Allard - Before the Last Leaf Falls Really nice performance. I've always enjoyed Lanz and you've made this piece enjoyable. Played with confidence and a very nice feeling for the music. You've made it sound as if it's not an easy piano arrangement.

30. Jazzwee - Blue Monk First, really good recording! Oh man, this is outstanding. Blues may not be your forte, but one would never know it form this performance. Your solo really stood out. Some killer runs in there! I love that you're sharing these live performances with us all, you obviously have fans here and there. You just keep getting better and better. I loved every second. A multiple listen for me. (I had to share your recording with others here. It was a big hit!)

Think less - play more

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
My last comments..............

41. joangolfing - Elves' Dance
Yes your piano sounds nice and crisp, nice use of dynamics you obviously enjoy this music, well done.

42. Copper - What a Wonderful World
Very tenderly played but I think you could have laid back a bit more on the melody at the beginning.

43. Starr Keys - Broken Hearted Me
So much emotion in your music , you really have a story to tell. Really enjoyed the video presentation, some wondeful art. I was impressed with

your piano arrangement too , lots of variety. Sometime soon you should get into a studio and record a few of your songs.

44. Valencia - Work in Progress --Chopin's Etude 25/11
Don't think I have heard this before, very interesting, some good playing too.

45. jotur/Cathy Turner - Alexander's Ragtime Band
Last recital I said you inspired me to have a go at some ragtime but I never got around to to it, this time you gave us a link to the music so I have had a go and I need to practice, its difficult. Neeless to say I really enjoyed this, you play with such joy.

46. Coldsalmon - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2
Sad to lose your new piano but in context its not the worst that could have happened, still I feel for you. You play beautifully I am jealous, wonderful performance - 3.5 years! talent.

47. windywindy - Love Is All Around
I think contemporary pop songs are hard to play on the piano, I don't know this one but you play this well,maybe relax a bit more at the beginning but thats possibly the old red dot, well done.

48. Teodor - Tereza's Inspiration (Original Piece)
Very nice new age type piece very well played.

49. BillM - When You Wish Upon A Star
I love this one too, I play it a lot, not as well as this though,lovely accompaniment to your singing Bill.

50. Bessel - The Happy Farmer (Returning from Work), and Wild Horseman Your analogy with the wild horse made me laugh so thanks for that. The playing sounds very confident to me so not sure why you have doubts, very good.

51. PianoStudent88 - Minuets BWV Anh. 114, 115
Confidently played, hadn't heard the Gminor version before, I enjoyed it.

52. Mar_red - Dom (Home) / Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Medley. Dom was lovely and Santa reminded me that Christmas is nearly here and I need to break out the Christmas songs, great fun, thanks.

53. Sam Rose (Shmuel R) - Solfeggietto (Solfeggio) in C Minor Great technical facility and I enjoyed watching too, wonderful.

54. Norrec, Tim - Solitude
Very nicely played, you play very well after such a short time.

55. Mile Hi Steve - Halloween Potpourri
What a great piece to end the recital , dramatic, entertaining and an excellent arrangement.

A wonderful recital, thanks to the organisers for giving us a place to perform.

Jazztpt

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
And some thanks:

Jazzwee, casinitaly,jotur,zrtf90, Allard,Kenjazz ,Sam S, BenPiano, WindyWindy , BillM , TX-Dennis , MrSuper-Hunky , Ganddalf , AndyPlatt , Greener , CebuKid , Peyton , MaryBee , CarlosCC , lyricmundra , bessel , Amaruk , StarrKeys , SwimMS , Inlanding , SamRose , CMohr.

Many many thanks for listening and for taking time to comment, your comments will spur me onto the next recital. By the way my new piano plays itself :-)

Kenjazz - yes I think I wrote this when I was listening to a fair bit of Chick Corea , that Spanish phygian sound. Nothing special about the title , I was looking for something to call it and I have a piece by Azimuth called "see" so just added "You" to it. I suppose it could mean
"You See" I can play the piano a little bit :-)

BenPiano - "But by the end, from a listening perspective, my eyes were wide open and I was wondering where to bury the bodies!" I can assure you there are no buried bodies anywhere. I guess you didn't care for it Ben but at least it conjured up an image for you even if it wasn't the one intended :-)

Peyton-you're very kind - "I wish I could watch you play" - have a look at my YouTube channel, there is a version of Emily , my first submission to the Bar. I think(hope)I have improved a bit since then though.
Emily - YouTube

I plan to do videos for future recitals, just been too lazy before.

StarrKeys - "So, hip, so cool so sophisticated and yet emotional." Aahh StarKeys , you flatter me no end, must show this to my children (and wife) who all think I am an old stick in the mud with that funny music I play and listen too :-)

See you all at the next recital.

Last edited by jazztpt; 12/08/12 10:52 AM.

Jazztpt

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
For your additional listening/viewing enjoyment - and for your comments if desired (all very nicely done!):

Erik Satie Recital Thread

Trap

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission