2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (bwv543, Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,172 guests, and 282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Thanks to all for your nice comments on my piece...

As an additional token of my appreciation here for your listening pleasure is Broadway star Linda Eder with her version of this beautiful song:

Trap

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
15. (Was)TrueBeginner - Sandy
Great composition and performance!! I really liked this.

16. BenPiano - Poem
Lovely piece Ben! Your recording is great too as you captured the sweet sound from your Kawai very well here. Not difficult to learn??? It looks like you are playing from memory also. Amazing is all I can say! It is pieces like this that makes PW so wonderful!!

17. Monica K. - Opening
It is a true pleasure to hear your Mason & Hamlin sing pieces like this. I have never played a Glass piece but I think I will have to add that to my list as it is the type of music I love to play myself. Great work as always Monica. Your playing always looks so effortless!

18. cgyan / Iain - Morning Light
This is true perfection Ian! Your slow animation of the moon/sun is simply brilliant. For those of you who have not seen this video, take a look at it as it is fantastic! I have come to expect excellent performances from you but I think you raised the bar even higher with this professional arrangement for piano and orchestra. Thanks for sharing!!

19. Jazztpt (Russ) - You See
An amazing composition Russ! Your love of your DP shines thru in this lovely performance!! Amazing that you added improvisations in it too!!

20. Inlanding - Glen - Angle Eye and Morning Greets the New Day
Great work Glen! Your Jazz music is so great to listen to!! Loved it.

21. Andy Platt - Gavotte and Variations
Great performance of a piece that seems to be quite difficult! Some of the sections seems to be quite the challenge to get right and you do a great job here!!

22. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Romanza and The Little Music Box ?
Lovely, but short, pieces! I especially liked the music box. I think the tempo is just right. I also loved the pictures you added in your video. It adds a great dimension to your performances.

23. SandTiger - Shimmer
No audio feedback during the recording?? Amazing. I liked it!! Great job!

24. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Meditation
Fantastic job here Mike! This is not an easy piece and you really make it shine with this lovely performance!

25. Hawgdriver - Nocturne in B flat minor, Op. 9/1
3 years experience??? Did you do anything else than playing during these years? This is simply a fantastic performance and I love how you handle the dynamics so well in this piece. May I ask why you record to a zoom here? The recording quality is top notch. I am just curious.

26. MusicaMusique - Je t'aimais, je t'aime, je t'aimerai
This is a great performance of a piece that sounds very difficult. Loved it!!

27. kenjazz (Ken) - Waltz For Debby
Ken, we have all come to expect great performances from you and your magical studio. This piece is no exception. The fact that this is your own arrangement makes it even better. I love the warm sound your music always has. Your recording quality is amazing too. That Schimmel of yours is a musical gem!!

28. MaryBee - Bagatelle No.25 in A minor (Fur Elise)
A very familiar piece and you do it great justice in this lovely performance.

29. Allard - Before the Last Leaf Falls
This sure does not sound easy to me. Great performance of a lovely piece!! I can't believe you only have played the piano for 1 year. Amazing and keep up the great work!!

30. Jazzwee - Blue Monk
Wow - a live performance!! I love how you hear the audience in the recording. The fact that this is an improvisation is amazing. I loved it. I just wish we had all been in the venue to hear this live!! A great applaud to you and your band members for this fantastic performance!!

31. zrtf90 (Richard) - Romance Sans Paroles, Op. 17 No. 3
Lovely piece and an equally lovely performance. Are you saying that this DP is from 1989??? It sounds fantastic to me. You play this piece very well!!

My piano channel on YouTube: Link
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
32. TX-Dennis/Dennis Turner - Be Thou My Vision
What a lovely piece and you play it really well. A great this with these recitals is that you get introduced to so much great new music!!

33. Serge88 - My Way
A great rendition of a true classic!! Great playing as always Serge!!

34. LizAnne - Elegy Op.183, No.2
Great performance here LizAnne. Dynamics can be very difficult on a DP but you pull it off very well here!

35. MrPozor - The Doll's Funeral
Great performance and video MrPozor. Your Petrof piano sounds fantastic!

36. lyricmudra - Consolation No. 3
I expected this to be a top notch performance and you sure did not disappoint me here. A great video too. It is a true pleasure to see a master like you at the piano!!

37. TrapperJohn - I'll Be Seeing You
This piece is new to me and I really liked it. Your playing is very relaxed and I can tell that you really enjoy playing this piece. Great job!!

38. DadAgain (& DadAgains Daughter) - Rondo Op163 #6
What an amazing performance. I can't believe that this was the first attempt. Both of you are very talented for sure!

39. Ganddalf - Prelude Op.45
Great job here Ganddalf! And this is your first recording??? Please record more and share with us as your playing is simply fantastic.

40. Sam S - Prelude Opus 28 number 15 (Raindrop)
Lovely performance and it is great to finally hear your rebuilt Bechstein. It sounds fantastic!! Great job Sam!!

41. joangolfing - Elves' Dance
Great performance of a piece that sounds quite difficult. Thanks for sharing!

42. Copper - What a Wonderful World
What a wonderful sound! I love how soft you play this here. Great job!

43. Starr Keys - Broken Hearted Me
Amazing playing and singing Starr Keys!!! I loved your slide show too as it adds even more depth to this performance.

44. Valencia - Work in Progress --Chopin's Etude 25/11
Even you are not done with this I think it is great. You play very well!!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
24. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Meditation I like how you take your time with this piece, allowing us to savor the rolling chords and romantic melody.

25. Hawgdriver - Nocturne in B flat minor, Op. 9/1 Oh, so lovely! From that delicate beginning on to the more deeply intense second theme, you've given us a beautiful and inspiring performance.

26. MusicaMusique - Je t'aimais, je t'aime, je t'aimerai This is such a pretty piece, one I've never heard before. Thanks for playing it for us.

27. kenjazz (Ken) - Waltz For Debby I really enjoyed this! I liked that I could kind of follow the melody through the piece. Nice playing.

29. Allard - Before the Last Leaf Falls This sounds quite sophisticated for an "Easy Piano" piece. You play it very well, with nice dynamics and phrasing. Very impressive.

30. Jazzwee - Blue Monk Where's my drink? smile It really makes the listener feel like they're there with the crowd enjoying a drink, dinner, and good music. Liked your sorta solo there about mid-way through. Fun to listen to!

31. zrtf90 (Richard) - Romance Sans Paroles, Op. 17 No. 3 A sweet piece that is new to me. I like how you bring out the melody, yet support it so well with the arpeggiated chords and dramatic dynamics. Very pretty.

32. TX-Dennis/Dennis Turner - Be Thou My Vision I love this melody. You give it a plaintive, almost haunting feel here. Well done!

Mary Bee
Current mantra: Play outside the box.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] XVI-XXXVI
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
46. Coldsalmon - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2 - I'm very sorry to hear you lost a loved one due to Sandy. frown Your experience on the piano is right around mine. I've tried this a couple of times - yikes! Incredible that you're playing this so wonderfully! I'm hoping your next piano gets to play with you! smile

47. windywindy - Love Is All Around - hehe, your 8 month (and many years on and off) experience threw me for a loop. Clearly you have a lot of talent and experience with the piano, and it showed with your submission for this recital! smile

48. Teodor - Tereza's Inspiration (Original Piece) - You have been clearly inspired for your creation - you will make a fine teacher for your students!

49. BillM - When You Wish Upon A Star Bill, very nice - and incredible!

50. Bessel - The Happy Farmer (Returning from Work), and Wild Horseman - Despite your reservations, I think you played these well beyond you experience listed. Well done!

51. PianoStudent88 - Minuets BWV Anh. 114, 115 - Well done! These Baroque pieces are not easy at all. I hacked these two pieces up when I started, but never was able to string a repeat together, nor trills, nor both of these pieces combined (as you did). To put all of this together like you did is an accomplishment you should be proud of! smile

52. Mar_red - Dom (Home) / Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Medley. - Great selections - my foot was tapping as I smiled! smile

53. Sam Rose (Shmuel R) - Solfeggietto (Solfeggio) in C Minor - Wow - nice one Sam! ... (still in awe!)

54. Norrec, Tim - Solitude - Nicely done - these more modern pieces are harder than they appear!

55. Mile Hi Steve - Halloween Potpourri - very seasonally appropriate - nice!

Learning to play since June 2009.
My piano diary on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/afpaSTU1096
[Linked Image] <- 10+ ABF recitals
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
12. Jake S - Prelude no.4 in E minor Very impressive you've been playing for 10 months and you tackled Chopin! This piece looks easy to play, but like with all of Chopin's work, especially those one-pagers, is always subject to ability the mood of the moment. I really look forward to more of your playing.

13. Wj3 / Walt - Bethena Scott Joplin's Bethena is one of my favorites. This is wonderfully done, very carefully played as it is clear you are listening to the music as you play... I look forward to hearing the full version next time.

14. ladypayne - Early Winter Each one of your originals gets more and more intricate. Your creative powers are growing by leaps and bounds. Excellent original composition.

15. (Was)TrueBeginner - Sandy This piece sounds like it could be a clip used for a movie soundtrack. It has a familiar ring to it, but couldn't place it. Really well put together, it paints a very good picture in my mind's ear.

16. BenPiano - Poem This piece is wonderful, Ben. I've had this music for a long time and have only played at it. I am always impressed by your abilities, then considering you've three and a half years under your belt, it's even more impressive. Great work on such fine melody.

17. Monica K. - Opening Never heard of Philip Glass before, so thank you for introducing a new composer. You did a wonderful job working the triplets against straight eighths. It is reminiscent of a wind chime with the constant repetition and you do bring that out very well. You hold your hands in such a wonderfully relaxed position - good work.

18. cgyan / Iain - Morning Light Iain - you knocked this one out of the park! Your sense of dynamics makes it so clear you are listening to the music as you play, then syncopating your playing with the echo effects really makes this even more wonderful and interesting. It creates a wonderful mood and you paint so many colors with this piece. Thank you!

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
4. Original - composition or improvisation –

4. Peyton
14. Lady Payne
15. (Was) True Beginner
19. JazzPt
20. Inlander
23. Sandtiger
48 Teodor
55 Mile High Steve

Peyton -- I believe this could be a message from space, since I don’t even think this could be notated within for a humans to read and, except for seeing it with my own eyes, I’d find it hard to believe it was possible for them to play. If the physicist and ancients are right about sound being able to raise up to a higher level of consciousness and transform us on a cellular level, this sounds like what a higher intelligence would create for that purpose in order to communicate with us. LadyPayne – I think its interesting that your compositions sound so much more classical than I remember your covers of others ever did. You play very emotionally and do your wonderful music justice with your piano skills. You’re world travel must have inspired you, your music has become so rich and exotic. JazzPt - your original composition and performance reminds me of the days I used to frequent Yoshi’s, one of the largest venues for well known jazz artists in the country. You sound like some of the artists I heard perform there. So, hip, so cool so sophisticated and yet emotional. I’m glad you finally got an instrument that is up to the standard your talent deserves. Inlander-Glen -- you made me think of two teachers, Cheryl and my husband, because the former is an ESL teacher and you speak piano as a second language and because the latter teaches poetry and you speak that language like a poet. You improvise better than most songwriters compose. Amazing with all your affliction and performance handicaps that you should emerge capable of this level of performance. You are an inspiration to us all!! (Was) True Beginner, you must have been very calm in the eye of the storm because that is what this composition sounds like. A calm eye turned on a disaster on too massive a scale to fathom in personal terms. It has a timeless quality though and resonates a collective sadness in such a way that one could imagine it as the soundtrack to a film about the exile of people from their homes or from watching the slow occupation and devastation of their lands in archetypal scenerios of terrorism or war, whether due to natural or man-made causes. Maybe “Diaspora” would have been a better name for it. SandTiger, very sweet and playful piece. I like the counterpoint and music box quality. Great way to teach yourself theory, develop your ear and improve your piano skills all at the same time. I assume that’s how all the Masters did it. Teodor, you are so versatile, I can see all your skills coming into play here, your classical piano, your lyrical expression via your singing and your collaboration with other musicians …With the right lyrics this sounds like it could become a classy alternative rock band’s hit song. Mile High Steve—Wow Tom O’Horgan meets Andrew Lloyd Webber meets the Rocky Horror picture Show and I don’t know what else in the New Age. Creative enough to raise the dead!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
45. jotur/Cathy Turner - Alexander's Ragtime Band
Great playing. I am glad that your system worked so that you could capture this performance!

46. Coldsalmon - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2
Fantastic plaing of a great classic!! I can tell that this song has matured in your fingers as you make you piano sing in this performance.

47. windywindy - Love Is All Around
I am not familiar with this music but I liked it. Great job!

48. Teodor - Tereza's Inspiration (Original Piece)
Great piece and great playing! I am glad that you finally got a recording that you are happy with!!

49. BillM - When You Wish Upon A Star
There are so many great performances in this recital but I think this piece is my absolute favorite! Your voice and playing are top notch as always Bill. It is also great to be able to see you play to see how relaxed you are in front of your magical piano.

50. Bessel - The Happy Farmer (Returning from Work), and Wild Horseman
Great performance! I really liked it!

51. PianoStudent88 - Minuets BWV Anh. 114, 115
Great performance of a quite difficult piece!! Great flow in your playing.

52. Mar_red - Dom (Home) / Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Medley.
I am not familiar with this music but I really liked both. Great performances too!

53. Sam Rose (Shmuel R) - Solfeggietto (Solfeggio) in C Minor
Well… There is not much to say about this other than you are extremely talented Sam! Great job and thanks for sharing!!

54. Norrec, Tim - Solitude
What a lovely piece this is! You play it so well. I really like how you play it so softly!!

55. Mile Hi Steve - Halloween Potpourri
Amazing Steve!! What a great ending to a great recital!!I love how you were able to mix all these instruments so well into this piece. Fantastic job!! Thanks for sharing!

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
>> Marybee wrote:
23. SandTiger - Shimmer What a sweet composition! The tune is appealing, and it has some interesting rhythms going on, yet it seems to be at a level that would not be too difficult for an older beginner. Have you written it down, or was it played by ear?
>>

Thank you for the compliment Marybee. My process is to play a bit, record a bit, then work on the piece. When I get near a version that I want to share live or online, I write down a rough sketch of the piece in ABC notation. With the written ABC sketch plus a recording, I can reconstruct a piece. The ABC conveys the notes and chords to be played, and the recording has the phrasing and timing.

I am weak at reading regular sheet music, and weak at identifying rhythms from any kind of notation. It is a labor intensive task for me to get anything written down in traditional sheet music format. On the rare occasions that I do transcribe, I type it up in ABC format and using a website to translate that into a sheet music PDF file.
http://www.concertina.net/tunes_convert.html

My weaknesses with learning from sheet music, is one reason I started writing my own music. My weakness became a strength.

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Some more comments:

21. Andy Platt - Gavotte and Variations
What a lovely theme and very well played , nice dynamics nand control of all those scales, that's a lot of music to learn, very well done.

22. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Romanza and The Little Music Box Two lovely pieces ,the Romanza sounds familiar to me but I am not sure where I would have heard it before. I was particularly taken by the Little Music Box. Nicely played.

23. SandTiger - Shimmer
A sweet little composition, well done.

24. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Meditation
One of my favourites of the recital , what beautiful music and wonderfully played. Such rich chords played with full tone. This had me checking out youtube for some more Cecile Chaminade music and there are a few pieces there, what a shame she is not better known,thanks for your wonderful performance of this lovely piece.

25. Hawgdriver - Nocturne in B flat minor, Op. 9/1
I am not a classical player so I can't comment on Interpretation of Chopin but this sounds mighty fine to me, you have a lovely touch and after just 3 years and without a teacher this is remarkable playing. Wonderful piano sound on the recording too.

26. MusicaMusique - Je t'aimais, je t'aime, je t'aimerai Very soothing melody and playing, little bit of background noise on the recording which is a shame, played by ear, very good indeed.

27. kenjazz (Ken) - Waltz For Debby
This is one of my favourites too which I have been playing a lot lately - I really like the Tony Bennet/Bill Evans version too - great that you created your own arrangement , you have a talent for that Ken , something I struggle with. This is a really nice version with good melodic & swinging impro that fits the mood perfectly. Great stuff.
By the way I wish I had your bass player :-)

28. MaryBee - Bagatelle No.25 in A minor (Fur Elise)
When I was a school all the kids that played the piano (not me unfortunately) used to bash out the first few bars of this so yes everyone plays it and its well known but you don't often hear it played as well as it it here, you absolutely brought it to life.

29. Allard - Before the Last Leaf Falls
Very even playing on both hands with nice use of dynamics, very well done.

30. Jazzwee - Blue Monk (to do)
Man that is a funky Blue Monk, never heard it like this before. After a tentative start you really got into your solo, nice playing Jazzwee. Great band you have there.

Jazztpt

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I was unable to participate in this recital due to a major health crisis, but I did listen and I wanted to compliment everyone that took part. There is amazing talent on this forum, and it is so fun to hear what everyone has been up to!

01. CarlosCC - Canzone Popolare (Francia 1500ca) - Original extended cover This is a truly beautiful piece very well played. Your extension was seamless and extended the theme beautifully.

02. jaredm2012 Jared Miller - To Zanarkand Very impressive for five months experience! You have a nice touch and great expressiveness.

03. cebukid - Bach Invention 1 in C-Major (BWV 772) Yes! Inventions are tricky hard. You did a great job with this. The voices are clear and well balanced.

04. Peyton - Message From Space: Waiting for the Sun You have such a creative flow. Beautiful, relaxing music with a touch of mystery.

05. wouter79 - Les Baricades Misterieuses I am not familiar with Couperin, but judging by this piece I would like to learn more about his music. I like the use of pauses and phrasing. Well played.

06. Amaruk - Summer '78 Your melody floats above the busy left hand accompaniment very nicely. Beautifully played.

07. dannylux / Mel - Kosenko Consolation Op.9 No.1 Very nice, relaxing music. You gave it a floating airy quality. Very nice!

08. Greener / Jeff Green - Little Preludes No. 2 (BWV 934) & No. 4 (BWV 936) I love the little preludes! I have discovered that these are much more difficult than they appear on the page. I like your interpretation of both. Very nicely played.

09. Riddler (Ed) - Chelsea Bridge Very nice arrangement with some interesting harmonies. I like how you create and resolve tension throughout.

10. timmyab - Arabesque no 1 It sounds like you managed to capture the relaxed, floating feeling that this piece needs. Very nice Debussey!

11. Mr Super-Hunky - Nothing Else Matters-original cover You created an absolutely beautiful arrangement, very full and expressive. Capturing the heart of all the instruments with the piano is quite an accomplishment.

12. Jake S - Prelude no.4 in E minor This is such a hauntingly beautiful Prelude, and you captured its feel well. Nicely played and great progress in 10 months!

13. Wj3 / Walt - Bethena Pretty waltz rhythm. You gave it a nice upbeat interpretation. Nice!

14. ladypayne - Early Winter I always look forward to your original pieces! I like the variation in tempo and feel that you give this piece. Wonderful.

15. (Was)TrueBeginner - Sandy Another original! It sounds like a rainy day mood. I am always blown away with the originality of people on this forum. You did a beautiful job with this.

16. BenPiano - Poem The poem sounds like nostalgia, reflections of the past. Very nicely played.

17. Monica K. - Opening The back and forth polyrhythms give the piece a surreal feel. You keep the energy moving forward throughout the piece. Very nicely played.

18. cgyan / Iain - Morning Light What a gentle piece. I like the quiet, reflective feeling that you gave it. A joy to listen to!

19. Jazztpt (Russ) - You See A very nice traveling piece with lots of interesting variation that holds together very well. Very nice.

20. Inlanding - Glen - Angle Eye and Morning Greets the New Day (to do) Nice swing rhythm in the first piece. Very fun. The second one is a nice contrast to pensiveness. Very nice composition very well played.

21. Andy Platt - Gavotte and Variations Excellent job, Andy. I heard very well balanced voices and very nice ornaments. 6½ minutes of such intricate music is quite an accomplishment. Beautiful.

22. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Romanza and The Little Music Box Very sweet little pieces, well played. The winding of the music box was a nice touch!

23. SandTiger - Shimmer Very pretty composition! You have made so much progress in 8 months.

24. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Meditation Very full, rich sound! Very well played.

25. Hawgdriver - Nocturne in B flat minor, Op. 9/1 Beautiful, sensitive Chopin! You really managed to capture the heart of this piece.

26. MusicaMusique - Je t'aimais, je t'aime, je t'aimerai This is a very nice arrangement for playing by ear. You captured the beauty of the piece. Nicely played.

27. kenjazz (Ken) - Waltz For Debby You created quite a lot of variations and different feels in this piece, and it works very well. I like the gentle beginning working into something more lively. Good listening!

28. MaryBee - Bagatelle No.25 in A minor (Fur Elise) Beautiful interpretation of this well known piece. You gave it a sensitive, gentle touch that really touches the heart. Beautiful touch on the chromatic run in the transition back to the theme!

29. Allard - Before the Last Leaf Falls You are doing very well for one year of experience. You have a nice touch.

30. Jazzwee - Blue Monk Wow! A live performance! It felt like being there. Very fun!

31. zrtf90 (Richard) - Romance Sans Paroles, Op. 17 No. 3 This is a lovely piece with a very nice singing melody over the constant base rhythm. Beautifully played.

32. TX-Dennis/Dennis Turner - Be Thou My Vision[/b) Very powerful and uplifting piece played very well.

[b]33. Serge88 - My Way
Very nice arrangement of this “classic”. Nice listening.

34. LizAnne - Elegy Op.183, No.2 Nice playing of a haunting little melody. Your dynamics are great!

35. MrPozor - The Doll's Funeral Well done! You captured the march and the solemnity well!

36. lyricmudra - Consolation No. 3 Beautiful job! This is my favorite Liszt. Many people rush it, but you gave it gorgeous dynamics. It really touched me.

More to come tomorrow--

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
I always read all the comments - it's so nice to see how interested people are in the music. So thanks not only to those who have listened to my piece, but to all of you who are taking the time to comment on those pieces which moved you, and to encourage all those of us who submitted. Bravo!

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
More 5 comments.
I plan to do all the comments today. I have greatly enjoyed this recital!

31. zrtf90 (Richard) - Romance Sans Paroles, Op. 17 No. 3 - Richard, you're right: this piece is beautiful, and you played it very well. Nice rithm along the entire piece; It's very engaging. Congratulations.

32. TX-Dennis/Dennis Turner - Be Thou My Vision - Dennis, this is a beautifull melody. It is very quiet and intimate, and I can detect some Irish tones. I loved it.

33. Serge88 - My Way - Serge88, When a song is well known (like this) it becomes difficult to make it attractive, but I think you managed to do an excellent job with this cover and this piece have become even more beautiful. Good cover, good sound, good interpretation. Very, very good!

34. LizAnne - Elegy Op.183, No.2 - I think the dynamic is not "learned". You "feel" it. And this can only be achieved with hard work, dedication and passion. And you have reached it! Congratulations.

35. MrPozor - The Doll's Funeral - I've had the opportunity to play on a Petrof, but I'm no expert to tell you if the piano needs tuning... The sound is fine, and It seemed to me you played well this sad piece of Tchaikovsky. Congrats.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
36. lyricmudra - Consolation No. 3 - ...Sure that you conquered it! It should not be easy to play this, but I can realize how much dedication you put on this interpretation. You love this piece, right? It's wonderful.

37. TrapperJohn - I'll Be Seeing You - TrapperJohn, I can see the love you have for this piece. I understand perfectly what you mean by "labor of love"... it happens to me often. Congratulations for having achieved your goal. Very, very good!

38. DadAgain (& DadAgains Daughter) - Rondo Op163 #6 - What a duet! It's very rhythmic and well played. Congratulations to both.

39. Ganddalf - Prelude Op.45 - This is so good that I could stay and listen to you for hours. Love it.

40. Sam S - Prelude Opus 28 number 15 (Raindrop) - Sam, your Bechstein sounds great! And you played this piece very well. Congratulations.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
41. joangolfing - Elves' Dance - I did not know this music of Edvard Grieg and your Yamaha Grand Piano has a wonderful clean sound. As your interpretation. Love it.

42. Copper - What a Wonderful World - I love this melody. It's in my never-ending-to-do list, but after hearing this, maybe it go to the beginning of the list. Congratulations!

43. Starr Keys - Broken Hearted Me - I think it's a very intimate interpretation, as the story behind it. Loved the paintings. Nice job.

44. Valencia - Work in Progress --Chopin's Etude 25/11 - The spirit of the recital is to show our progress, whatever it is the phase where we are. An advice? Keep your love for music alive and keep working. Congrats.

45. jotur/Cathy Turner - Alexander's Ragtime Band - I love ragtime music and this is one is spectacular. I was transported to the beginnings of the last century. Nice job! Congratulations!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
46. Coldsalmon - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2 - Sorry about your new 1953 Baldwin... This piece is played in a wonderful way and you keep me meditative throughout the entire piece. I have little more to add. Just, wonderful.

47. windywindy - Love Is All Around - Sonny Curtis is a singer, right? I didn't know this but I enjoyed your interpretation. The music is lively and popular. Congratulations.

48. Teodor - Tereza's Inspiration (Original Piece) - I hope you have been as inspired as I was when I heard this piece. It is very beautiful and you did it justice. Congratulations.

49. BillM - When You Wish Upon A Star - Billm, I'm always waiting for your pieces. To me, you're already a "classic" in these recitals. I am your fan. I have nothing more to say.

50. Bessel - The Happy Farmer (Returning from Work), and Wild Horseman - Bessel, this is a funny and clever tune. I was "joyful" after hearing your interpretation. Congrats!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
My last comments.
But first, I want to thank everyone who made this recital. It was excelent!
And I'm going to comment all the kind words I read about my piece. Thanks!

51. PianoStudent88 - Minuets BWV Anh. 114, 115 - I remember to listen this piece when I was in Munich (Germany) and I visited a museum dedicated to music. This is a famous Minuet and you played it with "dedication". Congrats.

52. Mar_red - Dom (Home) / Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Medley. - B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l I loved your piece of Kazanecki! And the theme of Christmas is excellent. You show great mastery of the piano. That's incredible, really nice work.

53. Sam Rose (Shmuel R) - Solfeggietto (Solfeggio) in C Minor - I do not know how you can play so well all these notes ... You must have invested a lot of work in this piece. Congratulations!

54. Norrec, Tim - Solitude - You played this Solitude with gentle, and it's beautiful! I'll be mindful of Michiru Oshima. Thanks for bringing this to us.

55. Mile Hi Steve - Halloween Potpourri - That's a great production! Nice work with all those instruments variations. The ambience is perfect for an haloween season. Good work!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by jotur
I always read all the comments - it's so nice to see how interested people are in the music. So thanks not only to those who have listened to my piece, but to all of you who are taking the time to comment on those pieces which moved you, and to encourage all those of us who submitted. Bravo!

Cathy

This comment reminds me of racing motorcycles. There are the riders, (one group), the mechanics (usually a different group), and then there are all the spectators, (yet another group still). In addition, there are the organizers, administrators, and race officials.

It's up to everyone to do their respective part and I think they are. Even to the point where there is overlap of duties all over the place.

The only shortcoming would be if your not pulling your weight.

Bottom Line: The performers and administrators seem to be doing all the work. Lurkers, we would LOVE to hear from you too. If your not performing or contributing in any way to these recitals, PLEASE show your appreciation to the amount of time and effort put into all of these performances by acknowledging the performers in some way. The positive feedback and constructive comments means more to us than you could possibly imagine.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mr Super-Hunky
Originally Posted by jotur

Cathy

(...)
Bottom Line: The performers and administrators seem to be doing all the work. Lurkers, we would LOVE to hear from you too. If your not performing or contributing in any way to these recitals, PLEASE show your appreciation to the amount of time and effort put into all of these performances by acknowledging the performers in some way. The positive feedback and constructive comments means more to us than you could possibly imagine.

thumb +1

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
G

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member
G
43. Starr Keys

This is a really great tune, Starr Keys. The cocktail jazz stylings are very effective. I know how tricky playing and singing business can be and have much respect for you that can do it this nicely. I sure wish I could. Nice performance.

44. Valencia

Thanks for sharing this, Valencia, in it's interim stage of development. It is surely to become a production for you and will be interesting to see the progression. I think you will surprise yourself positively, when bringing it up to the tempo you want, once you have more comfort with it. It is coming along nicely.

45. jotur/Cathy Turner

This really sounds like a fun piece to play, Cathy. I bet a real hit and very much appreciated by the assisted living/Alzheimer's audience. Good for you in reaching out to these folks with the joy of music. I've tried to volunteer for such venues myself, but seems it is not so easy to do here in Canada. However, if it ever does come about again this is clearly the perfect material I will need to get up to speed with. Thanks for this, Cathy.

46. Coldsalmon

Nice playing Coldsalmon. I am working on this exact piece myself (albeit slowly) as it keeps getting pumped in priority for easier pieces to learn. I think it will be worth it in the end though. I especially think so now after hearing you play it so nicely. Hope I can do as good a job. This is an impressive performance, and way more impressive at 3.5 year in. WOW, good for you.

47. windywindy

This is a fabulous tune and really comes off nicely on piano. Great choice and very well done. At first I was mixing this up and thinking "theme from Taxi", but then realized "Mary Tyler Moore". That's why it brings back such fond memories. Love the tune ...

48. Teodor

Nice playing Teodor. I don't know much about composition myself, but good for you in putting this together. There are some very interesting elements to it and it establishes a nice mood for me.

49. BillM

Some very heart felt expressive singing, Bill. What continues to amaze me each time I hear you though, is playing such a rich accompaniment at the SAME TIME. A lot of practice me thinks ... good for you, Bill. Some fine entertainment here.

50. Bessel

These are clearly not easy pieces to learn and play well, Bessel. Sounds like some tricky syncopation, particularly in the Wild Horseman piece. I think you are doing a commendable job with both of them, and they are also nice selections. Great job.

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission