2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (amc252, 20/20 Vision, benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, 15 invisible), 1,995 guests, and 314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
While I am listening to Lennon.... oops... I mean Newman sing Imagine for the third time I'll share one more piece that I recorded last night. This piece is also from my 'Good Bye Lenin' series of Yann Tiersen covers. For some reason this piece was removed from the latest version of the soundtrack CD for this movie.

[video:youtube]_5MZ7Ewvh3k[/video]

My piano channel on YouTube: Link
N
Newman Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
N
Amaruk Mmm I like that too. Could be another good one for me to learn.

Thanks for the compliments ... you are very kind. I'll find another Lennon one to do for you.

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by CebuKid
My daughter is actually between teachers right now, but here was something my wife recorded from her camera phone. smile

I'm proud to say she has maintained this piece in her repertoire...now if I can only get this talented kid to practice more!! (lol) mad

Well done...I wish I could get my son to play.

Your Joplin was excellent...I love You tube as a way to hold onto pieces that I elect not to maintain.

A
A
Mr Super Hunky mentioned Cristofori's Dream on the recital discussion thread. I had tried learning the song some eight months ago, my second real song, after To Zanarkand, but found it too challenging beyond page 4 (of 9). I couldn't manage the octaves, 10-wide broken chords or even reading notes above and below the lines. So I shelved it.

My easy piano book has a simplified version. Too much so: the broken chords so characteristic of the song were replaces by two-note blocks, octaves replaced by single notes in the melody, and the middle part much shortened. I restored the chords to sound more like the original but left the short middle part alone. It sounds something like this now:

David Lanz - Skyline Firedance Suite
Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy 7 Main Theme
[Linked Image]
K
K
Huh, well, I guess everybody has already left November's piano bar so I can sit down and play some of practice pieces. :-) This one is called Out-of-tune piano and it was written by Emil Hradecky just for beginner players like myself. It's available in his A little jazz album book. In my performance I'm afraid of not enough tempo (should be faster), instability of tempo (still learning) and 2 wrong hits, but posting this anyway to share something after a year with piano -- more or less live recording of part of practise session rather than a specially crafter performance for recital.
Recording is done on Motorola Droid 3 with RecForge Lite application so the sound is neither the best...

https://www.box.com/s/a7gv4sphenpj87vvy2ec

Karel

Last edited by KarelG; 11/22/12 12:10 PM.

November 2011: piano entered into my life.
N
Newman Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
N
Hmm Yes, its seems we've been abandoned!

K
K
Newman -- very nice smooth playing and nice singing. Pleasure the hear.

November 2011: piano entered into my life.
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
I've been slightly out of commission these past few weeks, but I wanted to comment on some of these fantastic Piano Bar submissions before too much time went by.

BillM~ I like your version of Smoke Gets In Your Eyes very much. The accompaniment is spot-on and your voice control with this song is wonderful. This is now added to another one of your keepers!

Weiyan~ You are developing some good finger control as demonstrated in your Bach playing. Look forward to hearing it once you get it up to speed and steady tempo.

Cebukid's daughter~ played Schumann excellently. The trading of the left and right hand melody lines are really well done. Bravo!

Cebukid~ Weeping Willow Rag is fantastic! You keep the upbeat and down beat going so very well. What a joy to hear. It is clear from the sound you are enjoying playing the piece - almost as much as I enjoyed hearing it!

Pavel~ Thank you for your Chopin. You picked a beautiful melody and play it superbly.

Teodor~ Thanks for the tutorial. I am much more interested in hearing you perform the song in its entirety. Your voice is very musical sounding.

Newman~ Your accompaniments are getting much richer and more refined. Your voice fits, Imagine, perfectly. Your growing confidence shows with each submission. I really like this skill of accompanying yourself as you sing - fantastic!

Amaruk~ Your enthusiasm for Yanni Tiersen shows in all you play. You have a fine connection to his music and play it very expressively. I really enjoy it.

Allard~ Never heard of David Lanz. You play your version quite nicely. It sounds as though you are really connecting with the music's dark intent.

Karel~ Fine work on the slow blues tune. Really good work after only a year? Fabulous, indeed. Look forward to hearing more.

Glen

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
P
P
Glen, Amaruk, Newman, thanks a lot for you comments and listening smile
I became Chopin addict..I have to listen Chopin's music every day. Now I am learning the easiest Nocturne - no.21 C minor posth. Hoping to be able to make solid recording till the end of the year . It would be nice end of my 1st year piano learning. smile

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
CebuKid - You must by very proud of your daughter - she is a chip off the old block. How wonderful to share your love of piano with her.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
CebuKid - I am glad you are maintaining this Joplin piece - a real crowd pleaser. Your piano on this one has the perfect tone - kind of honky tonk although I don't remember it normally sounding this trebly. Did you do something to the audio to give it that sound?

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Newman - kind of cool what you did to the piano accompaniment on Imagine. I love this song, in fact I also covered it in a recent recital. Love your vocal. This has a slight country flair to it that is quite different and fun. Very creative!

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Amaruk - You got so much emotion out of this short piece - very well played, as usual.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Allared - I do think I have heard this done in an earlier recital. You play this quite nicly with good balance between the left and right hands. Your piano has a pleasing tone in the higher registers.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Originally Posted by Newman

Imagine

I kinda like it (hope others do too).

Newman-

The recital has been sucking the commenting energy out the second part of the November piano bar. But I must comment on what a nice job you did on the vocals for Imagine. The best piano comping job for a vocalist on this song ever (IMO)is by a guy named Mike Orta for a singer named Nicole Henry. Just gorgeous, but not ridiculously inaccessible. Check it out. I've always wanted to do a purely instrumental version based on the way that he does the comping, but I never got around to it. Really nice job!

The Melody Never Lies

Schimmel 120J

Learning To Play Jazz Piano After Age 50+
G

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by Newman
Hmm Yes, its seems we've been abandoned!

Not abandoned ... however a greater focus (for me) has been placed on the recitalists this month, and the November Bar has been a lot to keep up with, in addition to this. But, I am listening to all and very appreciative of the fine playing, and playing/singing entries from everyone. So another group applaud, if that is ok.

Plus, getting some Christmas stuff polished for you all, as I know you are all getting pumped for Christmas carols. But, will spare you for now and save for the December bar smile .

A
A
I've been so busy the last few months I haven't even had time to play the piano! I even had to quit my piano lessons a few months ago. I finally have a few minutes to listen to some of the piano bar!:)
Newman- I was just expecting to hear the piano on this song Then came your beautiful voice Wonderfully done!:P:P
Weiyan- pretty Nicely done
KenJazz- Pure Imagination- Great!:)
Theme from Mash: Another song well played
LadyPayne- Mickey Mouse March: I love this song!:) Awesome!!
Amaruk: Yann Tiersen- Coma: I loved the video! Very pretty song.
Bill: It was a very good year- This was a very relaxing song to listen to, and I love listening to you sing:)

Last edited by Augustina; 11/28/12 12:29 AM.

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530
N
Newman Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by kenjazz
[quote=Newman]

The recital has been sucking the commenting energy out the second part of the November piano bar. ...

Yes, I understand. I looked into the last recital but found it too overwhelming to listen to it all. For me the pace of the Piano Bar is much easier to handle. and thanks for the feedback.

N
Newman Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by Inlanding
Newman~ Your accompaniments are getting much richer and more refined. ...

Glen

Do you think so? Thanks. Lately I've found it hard to hear me progress ... but maybe I am.

N
Newman Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by BillM
Newman - kind of cool what you did to the piano accompaniment on Imagine. ...

Thanks Bill. Yes, I was working on the original arrangement with the little run and could play it but was noodling around as usual and stumbled on the chord pattern.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission