2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
46 members (AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, Carey, CharlesXX, 9 invisible), 1,289 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ChopinAddict
Have you got a mouse? I don't have a Mac so I cannot say much, but left-clicking usually means "clicking on the left button of the mouse". smile

See BDB's post. smile

(I'm not quite that stupid.) ha

(I'd know how to left-click with a mouse.)

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Maybe Jason has this mouse? smile
http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/

[Linked Image]

Music is my best friend.

A
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by BDB
Macs usually have only one button.

Those are the old ones which Apple -thankfully- have not made in years. The newer ones have both left and right click capabilities. But if Mark is still using an old one, then hit 'control' and click. That's the equivalent of a left click.

Jason
A
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
A
Maybe Jason has this mouse? smile
http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/

I've never cared for Apple mice, preferring a third-party mouse both at and home and at work.

Jason
D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Mark_C

Damon: I did what you said, and it seemed (almost) to work until the last part. I got it saved on my desktop....but then how do I get it into a post?

First you put the photo online. There are several places like "photobucket" (my favorite) or you can upload them directly to pianoworld with this link. Just fill in the form and click on the browse button to select the pic from your desktop to upload. Your pic will be at https://www.pianoworld.com/Uploads/files/*****.*** (the asterisks will be your file name) Don't worry if it gives you an error, it will still upload. The picture of bacon below proves it. You can quote this post and look at what I did.

[Linked Image]

B
BDB Offline
B
The Magic Mouse has only one button, but it can be used with touch-sensitivity for multiple functions. In any case, control-clicking is not what you want to do when taking a partial screen shot. You want to hold and drag over the area you want to shoot.

Semipro Tech
D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D

And also: The reason I said "almost" is: Suppose the portion of the score that you want to copy starts in the MIDDLE of a score line, and extends into the next line? (As was the case in the example I was using.) I couldn't get it to include the beginning of the second line; it would only include the portion of the second line that begins at the same horizontal point where I began copying the first line. (And likewise for all additional lines.)

Your best bet is to make sure all that you want fits in the rectangle. I don't know of a screen grabber that can be that specific. What I have done in the past was make a separate pic of the next line and post two (or more) pics

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Oh, it was just the first hit that came up when I entered MAc and two-button mouse. Maybe that's why:
Two-button click
Magic Mouse functions as a two-button mouse when you enable Secondary Click in System Preferences. Left-handed users can reassign left and right click, as well.
So basically one button but you can click on both sides of it. I think I have seen something like that before.

Apparently this is not necessary anyway, as Jason said new Macs come with a two-button mouse.

I assume Mac doesn't have a snipping tool like the new versions of Windows (otherwise it would have already been mentioned)?

[Linked Image]

Music is my best friend.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Damon

And also: The reason I said "almost" is: Suppose the portion of the score that you want to copy starts in the MIDDLE of a score line, and extends into the next line? (As was the case in the example I was using.) I couldn't get it to include the beginning of the second line; it would only include the portion of the second line that begins at the same horizontal point where I began copying the first line. (And likewise for all additional lines.)

Your best bet is to make sure all that you want fits in the rectangle. I don't know of a screen grabber that can be that specific. What I have done in the past was make a separate pic of the next line and post two (or more) pics

Two separate pictures can be put together in PhotoShop, but you need Photoshop or a similar program of course.
Or just draw a red line where you want to start if you want to start in the middle of a line (to make it clear).

[Linked Image]

Music is my best friend.

B
BDB Offline
B

Apparently this is not necessary anyway, as Jason said new Macs come with a two-button mouse.

New Macs come with the Magic Mouse, which only has one button. You can set it so that it works as a two button mouse.

Semipro Tech
A
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by BDB

New Macs come with the Magic Mouse, which only has one button. You can set it so that it works as a two button mouse.

Now I didn't say they came with two buttons. I said they came with left and right click capabilities. Jeez, guys, I hardly need a tutorial on Apple mice... wink

Jason
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Joel_W
Originally Posted by GeorgeB
your use of caps, bold and underlining is really makes you sound obnoxious

THANKS!

That just made my day. Lol!

Professional pianist and piano teacher.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission