2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
41 members (busa, clothearednincompo, Doug M., 36251, Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, benkeys, Burkhard, 5 invisible), 1,125 guests, and 256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
N
Newman Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
N
Greener - Your dad was a pianist also? (Funny, I'm the only musician in any of my family). Nicely melodic in the most part but I can't say I understand where that trill part comes from at 45 secs and 54 secs.
Allard - a nice tune ... has the ring of a movie theme to it.

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
TX-Dennis: Here's that rainy day
What a great performance! I loved it. It is great that you can play it so relaxed because your playing sounds so natural and very professional! I just which this peice was much longer.

Allard: Leaves on the Seine
Great job! This piece is new to me but I loved it. I like how your fingers are so light and seem to dance to the music! One week to learn? That is amazing!!! I also look forward to hear more from you here in the piano bar.

Greener: Goodbye
Another great performance Greener! It is seems to be quick a tricky arrangement your dad put together... I loved it! Thanks for sharing!

Here is my latest piece; Yann Tiersen's Childhood from the German movie 'Good Bye Lenin'. My youngest son helped me out with the intro:

[video:youtube]q8gaCaNHzoA[/video]

My piano channel on YouTube: Link
M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Allard
Recorded this one a little while ago: Leaves on the Seine. This is another one of David Lanz's songs arranged for easy piano (i.e., for me).

Looked harder than easy piano (for me anything over 2 mins is hard lol)...nicely done...

M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M

Amaruk

Enjoyed this, love the video production as well...

M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Greener, interesting piece, although sad at times it jumped to an up beat tempo. Was this in different keys?

A
A
Amaruk, such a nice video. It really gives meaning to the piece.

David Lanz - Skyline Firedance Suite
Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy 7 Main Theme
[Linked Image]
Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Newman that was excellent! I really enjoyed listening to it this morning. Thanks!!

Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
KenJazz - Theme from Mash. How nice to hear that classic again. Interesting how you slowed it down!

Ladypayne very nice. I thought both versions were quite nice but neat to see the comparisons.

Greener - Jeff, this is a very unique form. It must have been very identifiable as a signature sign-off for your Dad. Great job carrying on the tradition!

Allard - Very nice job on Leaves on the Seine. Wonderful accomplishment for the time you put in. The sky is the limit from here! There is a lot of white space on your video. Take a look at the "video master" Aramuk to maybe be more centered on the shot.

Aramuk - That movie keeps paying rich dividends. Another beautiful production. Thanks

The Melody Never Lies

Schimmel 120J

Learning To Play Jazz Piano After Age 50+
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Nice job on Childhood, Amaruk. Very cool video, too.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

G

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member
G
Nice piece and playing Amaruk, and terrific video effects as always.

Thanks everyone for listening, and nice comments on the Goodbye piece. I hadn't thought of it as a tribute. Rather, just another piece I know. Although it does hold some significance for me.

Originally Posted by Newman

I can't say I understand where that trill part comes from at 45 secs and 54 secs.

It is just part of the arrangement. Although, I will agree that I think I have a bit of a hard time pulling it off as well as intended. Is this what you mean? Otherwise, it is just a (not sure what it is called chord shake) on Fm7 and then Abmaj7.

A
A
Kenjazz, I shot that video to try out my new iPad's camera. It was taken in portrait mode rather than landscape - hence the black on both sides. I'm afraid I don't have the equipment necessary to take a decent shot, though. Just tried my webcam but its microphone is horrible. The webcam software won't read the audio interface, either. And I can't position the iPad anywhere to get a better angle or distance. This is one reason why I haven't recorded any other songs in the last month. Any idea how to make an affordable recording setup?

[Linked Image]
N
Newman Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
N
Amaruk - Very fine. That was mesmeric. I'm really enjoying the YT material now and pressed play on your video with great anticipation. I can see why you have devoted so much effort to his work.

(BTW I've been learning Coma. While I can't play it fluently yet I've got all the parts)

I just went to itunes to maybe buy some YT ... but actually prefer your sparser single piano versions.

Last edited by Newman; 11/11/12 10:43 PM. Reason: re itunes

N
Newman Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by Greener
... It is just part of the arrangement. Although, I will agree that I think I have a bit of a hard time pulling it off as well as intended. Is this what you mean? Otherwise, it is just a (not sure what it is called chord shake) on Fm7 and then Abmaj7.

Not quite what I meant. The student/songwriter in me listens to music and tries to understand "where it comes from" in terms of style, structure, anticipating the melody and so on. The chord "shake" (is that what it's called eh?) took me by surprise.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks all for the nice comments on my Childhood video!

I'm afraid I don't have the equipment necessary to take a decent shot, though. Just tried my webcam but its microphone is horrible. The webcam software won't read the audio interface, either. And I can't position the iPad anywhere to get a better angle or distance. This is one reason why I haven't recorded any other songs in the last month. Any idea how to make an affordable recording setup?

Allard, again, I loved performance and for learning this in one week is simply fantastic!! Regarding your set-up, I think if you just tilt your camera (landscape) you should be all set with your ipad. In my video I use two ipod touches (4:th gen) and one ipad (2:nd gen). The ipods are mounted on tripods using $15 adapters (Link). The ipad, which captured the low angle, is sitting on a chair close to the piano. But there are tripod adapters for ipads as well.

Last edited by Amaruk; 11/11/12 10:29 PM.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Newman, thanks for those kind words! I don't know what it is with Yann Tiersen's music that keeps me coming back for more... I am glad to hear that my piece inspired you to play Coma!

Kenjazz, I shot that video to try out my new iPad's camera. It was taken in portrait mode rather than landscape - hence the black on both sides. I'm afraid I don't have the equipment necessary to take a decent shot, though. Just tried my webcam but its microphone is horrible. The webcam software won't read the audio interface, either. And I can't position the iPad anywhere to get a better angle or distance. This is one reason why I haven't recorded any other songs in the last month. Any idea how to make an affordable recording setup?

Good feedback from Aramuk on the video. If you just want a good audio recording, a lot of us use those little Zoom recorders. I've heard you can pick an older model up for under a hundred bucks now (mine is an H2 which is as old as the hills). The mixing software is Audacity which is free to download and use. That is a pretty cheap solution!

The Melody Never Lies

Schimmel 120J

Learning To Play Jazz Piano After Age 50+
A
A
Thanks for the feedback. smile

The Zoom recorders seem a bit more expensive than what I want to commit to this, but I'll check the local stores if they have any sort of tripod to mount the iPad on. For this video I had the thing balancing against my computer's screen - not exactly safe and stable. laugh

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Allard - a very musical and enjoyable performance.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Greener - I really liked this one - it has a kind of bluesy swing that is very appealing.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission