2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (Colin Miles, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, ChickenBrother, 9 invisible), 2,084 guests, and 316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I
infraxo Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I started piano in Jan 12.. been self teaching all aspects here and there. I used to be an avid FF player, and loved FFX... maybe someone can appreciate this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy1MlxWofQA

Last edited by infraxo; 10/28/12 03:55 PM.
R
R
Awesome! I started around the same time as you and I'm also self teaching, this was one of the first songs I looked at but I never finished learning it. I pretty much grew up on this game. I first played it when I was 14 and was very captivated by the story and the characters. I never finished the game either, now that I think of it. lol. I need to start finishing some of my projects. blush
I did make it to the end though, I just didn't have my characters built up enough for the last fight.

I
infraxo Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thanks mate. That's a really cool coincidence! lol I haven't learnt the rest either.. I hope I do. It's a nice one

J
J
I love this piece! To Zanarkand was the first piece I learned to play fully. It is so much fun to play, and is great to play just for fun when you need a break from intense practice. I think I'm going to submit it in this month's recital =)

Gold Level Forums Subscriber Until Aug 29 2013
Gold Level Forums Subscriber Until Aug 29 2013
As far as I’m concerned, this is the only version of To Zanarkand you’ll ever want to listen to repeatedly. thumb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLU2xQ4nkk4&feature=relmfu (the audio isn't that great in this video)

The entire album is amazing, and I don’t think I’ll ever hear anyone render these pieces as movingly as Aki Kuroda does. She tears your heart out and puts it back in, only to tear it out again with the next song.

This is not to say, of course, that others can't play it well. It was this version that made me decide to buy a piano and learn to play in the first place:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKeCByl9URg&feature=channel_video_title
It still brings tears to my eyes. smile

"Music is something so innocent and pure, it makes a person completely naked - in music you cannot lie." - Alice Sara Ott

Playing since December 6, 2011.
B

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
B
Probably the best performance of anything I've listened to by someone playing for 10 months - nice work.

J
J
Yea the Piano Collections version is fantastic! I really want to learn it, but as of right now those 16th note/triplet arpeggios in the left hand midway through the piece are quite beyond me! I also desperately want to learn the Piano Collections version of Eternity from X-2. That's what really made me want to seriously learn to play piano.

F
F
It's not what got me into the piano, but years ago To Zanarkand was definitely a piece that developed my ability to play left hand arpeggios quickly.
It's also smarter than most of what I was learning back then, it changes key a couple of times, it uses some off scale chords I think.

I totally forget how to play it now, I've lost interest in it - it sounds too "Japanese", too Yiruma...ok maybe that's going too far.

I
infraxo Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thanks mate that's very encouraging

I
infraxo Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I'm so surprised that so many of you guys have heard of it!

B

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by infraxo
I'm so surprised that so many of you guys have heard of it!

waltzforluma (youtube pianist)'s cover of FFX's Piano Collection's "Besaid Island" was one of the performances that inspired me to learn to play the piano I had sitting in the other room. I think for video game players, especially, the album contained some excellent and appropriately popular piano arrangements.

M
M
I was never a big FF game fan, though I have played a few, but hearing so much about the music on the net and forum make me think I should get a hold of some of the scores. Not really ready for them yet but they seem interesting and it can't hurt to try.

Ferry & Foster upright

Alfred's self teaching - Book 1
Started Mid September 2012
End Sept - Page 39
End Oct - Page ??
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Nice playing infraxo!
I'm in the self-learning side too, therefore I can appreciate your effort on this.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
J
J
Originally Posted by MonkeyMark
I was never a big FF game fan, though I have played a few, but hearing so much about the music on the net and forum make me think I should get a hold of some of the scores. Not really ready for them yet but they seem interesting and it can't hurt to try.

You should! To Zanarkand is a lot of fun. I spent pretty much the whole summer working on it, but once it started coming together it was a blast and I felt like I was playing something "real," unlike some of the Alfred stuff I was going through. And the piece isn't quite as tough as it sounds (or looks).

N
N
Oh, that's a fun piece to play, especially when you get to those arpeggios at the end. laugh

Follow my mixed gaming and musical ambitions through my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/NTMihaila

My cover of Inuyasha - Every Heart: https://youtu.be/-rFKbUoO7bM

Currently working on Fantasie Impromptu and Animenz's Owari no Sekai Kara.
M
M
To Zanarkand (the easier OST version) was the first real piece I learnt to play! smile

I did it all without a teacher, actually, until I started on my second piece. Which was You're Not Alone from FFIX.

I love sight-reading! One day I will master it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Acrozius?feature=mhee

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission