2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, Animisha, 14 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
C
Well,it didn't work. I already re-sized about six other pictures, but I am doing it wrong. Any advice?

C
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
C
I tried something different: I put a few pictures on the Picture Gallery here on the forums because I don't know how to attach them here. Hopefully, if you are interested, you will take a look. If someone knows how to attach them here, just let me know.

B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by Chopinlover49
Well,it didn't work. I already re-sized about six other pictures, but I am doing it wrong. Any advice?

Upload them to something like bluemelon.com and then come back to Piano World. Reply to the topic. At the top of the text field, click the button that's fourth from the left. Click one of the choices, and then enter the image URL.

C
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by beethoven986

Upload them to something like bluemelon.com and then come back to Piano World. Reply to the topic. At the top of the text field, click the button that's fourth from the left. Click one of the choices, and then enter the image URL.

I guess I don't know the terminology. Remember, I'm an old guy. What buttons at the top of the text field?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
The posted on the forum pictures are Here

Beautiful piano! Don't give yourself an injury right off the bat! wink Looks like that was quite the move! Congrats!

Becca
Began: 01-12-11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX
C
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
C
My grand-children came over and washed their hands, played the piano, and were delighted! They have only had three lessons so far, so they are doing Mary Had a Little Lamb, and so on. Still, each played for over an hour and had to be dragged away so the next could play. I think this was money well spent. Even the six year old, who hasn't had lessons yet, was dying to play it.

A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
My grand-children came over and washed their hands, played the piano, and were delighted! They have only had three lessons so far, so they are doing Mary Had a Little Lamb, and so on. Still, each played for over an hour and had to be dragged away so the next could play. I think this was money well spent. Even the six year old, who hasn't had lessons yet, was dying to play it.

So how loud is it in your small room?

P
P
Chopinlover49,
It is beautiful! It's wonderful that your grandkids are enjoying it, too. Don't forget to take pictures of them with your new piano--they'll love looking back at the pictures someday.

My shoulders killed me once, and I realized I was sitting just a little too low, so I was lifting my shoulders up as I played. So, watch that you aren't lifting up your shoulders or tensing up.

Enjoy your beautiful piano!
Kathy

"[Linked Image]"
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Congratulations!!

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Great photos of the move!

How does it sound?

W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
+ 1 Congratulations and thanks for posting the photos and I'm curious how it sounds in the small room.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
C
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
C
That could be my problem. I will raise the bench some more and try it. Thanks!

C
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
C
With regard to the sound in a small room, it's not bad. I still haven't put up curtains, wall hangings, pictures, etc. Still moving my things down from our old house. I have played mostly at half-stick or lid down. My wife says the piano is louder outside than in the house. (This is a second-floor bedroom.) Actually, the piano needs to be tuned and voiced as the upper half has gone a bit sharp and it is a little brighter than it was when I tried it out. I suspect the move and sitting overnight in a cold trailer might have something to do with it. When all is done, then I will be able to tell you more, but right now I am enjoying it even though it needs tuning.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by scepticalforumguy
Originally Posted by pianoloverus
Originally Posted by Playagain
Now I'd like to hear about your BB delivery story, pianoloverus! Is there an old thread?
Yes, but I have no idea which thread has the story and it's a too lengthy to retype.

How about trying in four sentences or less? Kind of like the contest where novelists have to write a complete novel in a day, and they only get the theme the day they begin.

1. First time it didn't fit in the elevator despite my measurements to the nearest inch, scale drawing of the elevator, and assurances from dealer.

2. Lid was removed to shorten it by a couple of inches and the movers came back a few days later with the piano and lid wrapped in some kind of protective bubble wrap.

3. Made it into the elevator(not the type where ceiling can be removed)with only a few inches to spare.

4. Ahead of time request to not have the piano tilted on the lyre resulted in having one mover crouching under the piano with the piano on their back while the third leg was being installed. First two legs had attached with no problem, but the third leg had one of the movers yelling "It doesn't fit!". Had visions of piano crashing to floor and a dead mover lying underneath it. Was about to call NCIS and...

(Sorry, I ran out of sentences and can't finish.)

Last edited by pianoloverus; 10/21/12 07:53 PM.
P
P
Pianoloverus,
Thanks for posting part of your piano move! Very interesting, and I'm sure that was stressful!
Kathy

"[Linked Image]"
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
With regard to the sound in a small room, it's not bad. I still haven't put up curtains, wall hangings, pictures, etc. Still moving my things down from our old house. I have played mostly at half-stick or lid down. My wife says the piano is louder outside than in the house. (This is a second-floor bedroom.) Actually, the piano needs to be tuned and voiced as the upper half has gone a bit sharp and it is a little brighter than it was when I tried it out. I suspect the move and sitting overnight in a cold trailer might have something to do with it. When all is done, then I will be able to tell you more, but right now I am enjoying it even though it needs tuning.

Good to hear (except for those outside the house :D)

Of course it needs to be tuned, they all need that after transport. I think the first impressions are almost always right on so you're probably fine!

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
The adjustable-height bench is especially a good idea, since your grandchildren will want to play the new Mason. Finding just the right height for yourself will help your shoulder, as long as your playing posture is satisfactory--- but that is a big subject, which can wait until after the first tuning, or longer.

A nice piano is one of the best investments you could have made for your retirement. But wait--- you say your wife is already complaining because it's too loud outside the house?

Hmmm...

Clef

C
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
C
Not complaining--she just encouraged me not to play later in the evening so the neighbors won't be bothered. The houses here are a bit closer together than our old house. We had a lot more privacy in the other home. Still, I doubt if the neighbors will hear me.

C
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
C
Obviously, the piano will get its first in-home tuning soon, and until it does, the upper registers are a bit sharp (the piano was moved a long distance and spent a rather cool night on a trailer before coming into the house, but even as it is, it plays very nicely and has a pretty tone.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by scepticalforumguy
Originally Posted by Playagain
Now I'd like to hear about your BB delivery story, pianoloverus! Is there an old thread?
Yes, but I have no idea which thread has the story and it's a too lengthy to retype.

How about trying in four sentences or less? Kind of like the contest where novelists have to write a complete novel in a day, and they only get the theme the day they begin.

1. First time it didn't fit in the elevator despite my measurements to the nearest inch, scale drawing of the elevator, and assurances from dealer.

2. Lid was removed to shorten it by a couple of inches and the movers came back a few days later with the piano and lid wrapped in some kind of protective bubble wrap.

3. Made it into the elevator(not the type where ceiling can be removed)with only a few inches to spare.

4. Ahead of time request to not have the piano tilted on the lyre resulted in having one mover crouching under the piano with the piano on their back while the third leg was being installed. First two legs had attached with no problem, but the third leg had one of the movers yelling "It doesn't fit!". Had visions of piano crashing to floor and a dead mover lying underneath it. Was about to call NCIS and...

(Sorry, I ran out of sentences and can't finish.)

Hi PL,

You know, my story is pretty much the same in many ways--except with these changes:

1. I had arranged with piano movers that swore up and down that they could fit the BB in my elevator if my SK2 fit in because they took my word that the pianos were the same width. I did tell them the SK2 was tight, and the previous movers refused to move a piano in that elevator again without me signing a waiver. The current movers also didn't come to measure first.
In the meantime, I had the dealer measure the width of the keyboard end. He said it was 61". I went to Kawai website and the Mason websites multiple times to check the width, not having measured the SK2 myself before it left my apartment. It turns out that the SK2 is 152cm, or 5'1" wide at the keyboard (anyone see the first problem here?) In the meantime, the Mason website CHANGED the width of the BB specs from 59" to 62.75"!!!!! Not sure when, but it did. This was all before the move. Needless to say, I was now very worried.
In any case the movers showed up. Halfway into the elevator (five guys on the job) the guys on the outside of the elevator yelling ITS NOT GOING TO FIT!!!!!! The guy on the inside yelling back YES IT IS--HE HAD A 6'6" IN HERE BEFORE!!! I didn't bother correcting him that it was a 5'10"

And....they made it fit! Although, they did drop it a few inches when unloading from the elevator. It was on a pallet though, and only the tail dropped. No cracking sounds so hopefully nothing was damaged.

and 4: They also had difficulty with the third leg with the one guy yelling IT DOESN'T FIT!!!! and the boss yelling back YOU NEED TO LINE UP THE BOLT and the first guy yelling I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING all the while the other two holding onto the piano so it doesn't crush the leg installer.

Its all good now. I too have played about 10 hours since I received it last Saturday.

Recordings of my recent solo piano and piano/keyboard trio jazz standards.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission