2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, 13 invisible), 1,873 guests, and 261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I
OP Offline
I
Hi to all, i am from Argentina, south america. I recently buyed a Kawai K3 new in february 2011.

I waited until the first tunning for 6 months in april of 2011 and i saw a problem with the repetition on the piano, doing trinos for example or repeating a note quickly doesn't sound or fails...

The other things in the piano are nice, the sound, the touch, etc, but it has these problem.
The technician of BReyer(the reseller oficially in Argentina of Kawai) told me that the piano needs to get softer using it a lot, or something like that, that i need to play a lot in order to fix these problem.

Two months ago the technician come again, and the problem still continue, but he told me now that it's a wet problem with the ambience, but i always have this problem playing, so WTF?

Another problem is that the Breyer company when i buyed the piano don't give me the chair of the piano, they told me that in the aduana(customs) not let it go inside the country, so they bring us the piano without their bench....

I want to talk with oficial kawai US in order to complain about all these problems i have, because i think they are treat me like a stupid...Anyone know a mail or something?

And why i am having this problem with trinos and repetition in same pieces? What i need to tell to the technician in order to fix my problem?

Thanks a lot sory my bad english.
The piano was made in 2010 in Indonesia(all parts of japan, but it was assembled in indonesia.

M
M
The repetition has to do with the Key Action. They're designed differently for verticals and grands with grands allowing faster action. You're tech may be able to adjust the action on your K3. I have a similar issue on my K8. I've noticied certain keys allow me to re-trigger faster without releasing all the way up, while on others I can't and the key has to come all the way up to reset. I'm hoping my tech can adjust this. But I won't know till next month when he visits.

My music_website at http://www.OdysseyofaG.com
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
The link you are asking for is http://kawaius.com/. You may have to fish around for awhile to find the right person to speak to, but don't worry--- you'll get there.

If you think the tech they've sent doesn't know what to do for you, try finding one who is better, on your own. Brand new pianos usually benefit from four service calls in the first year, less later. Anyway, talk to the manager, not the munchkin next time.

The company prides itself on its excellent customer service, so you should let them know your experience.

You communicate well in a second language, and you don't sound like a stupid to me.

Clef

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
The problem you described is partially attributed to the design of the action in *upright* pianos. One way to counter this problem is to check the regulation and bring the let-off or escapement closer to the string.

This is just in case that you find the technical information hard to convey. El afinidor tiene que asegurase de que el ciclo del mecanismo este bien sincronizado. Parte del problema puede ser que los martinetes se esten desenganchando de el mecanismo prematuramente. Normalmente se tienen que desenganchar aproximadamete tres milimetros antes de tocar la cuerda. En relacion con el banco, dile a Gustavo que se deje de *****, dicele que todos los pianos vienen con banquito. Que no me rompa las..

Send me a private message if you need some extra info.

*Edited by moderator; the word used in Spanish could be interpreted as profanity*

Last edited by Kurtmen; 10/24/12 02:43 PM.

San Mateo Piano
Kawai Piano Dealer San Francisco Bay Area
www.sanmateopiano.com
P
P
Last year, we got four new K5 Kawais at school and all of them have this action problem: trills and all kinds of ornaments, repeated notes,... it's just frustrating, because the action is so slow. The Tech worked on them, they're a little better, but the old, worn out uprights feel still so much better to play.

The piano keys are black and white,
But they sound like a million colours in your mind.
(Katie Melua)
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
"...*Edited by moderator; the word used in Spanish could be interpreted as profanity*..."

Upright?

Clef

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
The action regulation of this piano needs to be done correctly, and I am afraid there is nothing that Kawai in the US can do to help with a piano sold in Argentina.

I had already advised the piano owner via e-mail a few days ago that his dealer needs to be pressed to correct this for him.

Don Mannino RPT, MPA
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Jeff Clef
"...*Edited by moderator; the word used in Spanish could be interpreted as profanity*..."

Upright?

"Spinet" laugh

(Yes I realize the K3 is not a spinet.)

1950 (#144211) Baldwin Hamilton
1956 (#167714) Baldwin Hamilton
You can right-click my avatar for an option to view a larger version.
I
OP Offline
I
Hey thanks to all for the answers, the technician will come again the next week i think, so i'll keep us posted.

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
"...The action regulation of this piano needs to be done correctly, and... his dealer needs to be pressed to correct this for him."

The best advice from the best person. The good news is, that this is something that can be set right, within the instrument's capabilities. The challenging news is, that finding the technician who can give your piano the continuing care it needs, well, it's a challenge the world around.

Who knows, you may have such an advanced technique that you really need a grand action to support it; some very famous names have come from your part of the world. But, Chopin did ok with the uprights of his day.

Clef

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
OK the word I used it is of casual use in Argentina and not necessarily mean spirit but otherwise. Almost as saying "come-on stop messing around". However is true the word can have different nuance in other Spanish speaking countries.

Danke
Viel Glück.

San Mateo Piano
Kawai Piano Dealer San Francisco Bay Area
www.sanmateopiano.com

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission