2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, fullerphoto, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, 4 invisible), 1,228 guests, and 291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
G

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member
G

Thanks all for listening and nice comments on my last entry. See I have more catching up to do already and will try and keep pace this month.

Welcome, Debbie. It's always great to see new folks joining and glad you've taken the stage.

Originally Posted by slpianoproject
Greener - ... Where you get this tune? From sheet music or by ear? Never heard it. Its good!

None of the above actually. More like "monkey see, monkey do". I was shown how to play these pieces years ago and later made into a medley. Not unlike learning from YouTube tutorials I suppose.

If interested in either, you should be able to find arrangements for them, I would think, fairly readily, as neither are too obscure. The proper name for Windmills is "Windmills of Your Mind" and even Sting has taken a crack at this one.

Thanks for your interest.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Greener - I enjoyed your Come Rain or Come Shine. I am a big fan of these old standards and like the updating you gave this one. Your piano has a a cool sound.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Tx-Dennis - you have an authentic Piano Bar style of playing that is very easy on the ears. Love the arrangements and your elegant performances.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Greener - like Tx-Dennis your recording makes me feel like I am in a Piano Bar. I like the way you approach this piece - sophisticated but not over powering. Very Cool. Congratulations on your 500 posts.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Debbie - I watched both of your videos and enjoyed them very much - I'm partial to videos where you can actually see the artist, not just their "dancing hands". You have a very relaxed playing style. Very impressive work after being away from the piano for so long.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
ladypayne, your hymn arrangement is strikingly pretty. Nice job.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

A lot of good music to catch up on!

Greener - Nice medley on Windmills/How Insensitive. I would never have thought to put those two together. You kept the bossa rhythm going and that last transition came out nicely!

Tx-Dennis - Three of my favorites in one fell swoop! You brought some different arranging ideas to them all. They sounded great. Loved it...

Newman - I know what you mean about the pop melodies all seeming to conform to the chord triads. Those moments of discovery and clarity make learning music a lot of fun, don't they?

Slpianoproject - Welcome to the piano bar! Songs Without Words Op. 30 No. 1 was gorgeous and full sounding. That piano is some instrument. I love how the camera work caught the reflection not only of the keys, but of the hammers. The whole setting is very Zen...

Weiyan - Minuet First Lessons in Bach was very well played. Keep up the good work.

Cyan - Just a bullet-proof, beautiful treatment. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie - Welcome also to the Piano Bar! Good job on the two pieces and on overcoming your nerves. I hope to hear more from you in the future.

Ladypayne - Come Thou Font of Every Blessing was inspirational and well played. The images were breathtaking.

The Melody Never Lies

Schimmel 120J

Learning To Play Jazz Piano After Age 50+
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Hi everyone - haven't been visiting too often for the last couple of months. I had been spending far to much time sitting in front of my computer on this and other forums so I decided to take a step back. I also have a new piano smile so it is getting played a bit more than the old one.

When I started posting to the Piano Bar I set myself a target of posting something every month for a year with the aim of having something to work towards and improving my playing. Last November I also started contributing to the ABF recital, both these things have helped with my confidence and I feel my playing has improved.

Anyway, I am not here to tell my life story but to thank everyone for their past encouragement and always kind comments, I can't tell you how much the feedback here has helped me, on a number of levels.

I probably won't be dropping by the bar too much from now on but do intend to partake in the quarterly recitals, so I'll see you all there.

Happy playing.

Jazztpt

Originally Posted by jazztpt

I probably won't be dropping by the bar too much from now on but do intend to partake in the quarterly recitals, so I'll see you all there.

I, for one, will miss your wonderful contributions. Have fun with the new piano!

The Melody Never Lies

Schimmel 120J

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by kenjazz
Originally Posted by jazztpt

I, for one, will miss your wonderful contributions.

Me too!

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Jazztpt,
Congratulations getting a new piano!! Too bad we don't get to enjoy it here but I am glad that you will continue to take part in the quarterly recitals... the next one being just around the corner....

If you get a chance, please share some pics of your new piano as we all love to hear piano stories!

Last edited by Amaruk; 10/17/12 07:57 PM.

My piano channel on YouTube: Link
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hi, there are many good music this month. Thank for all viewers and contributors.

This is my second submission this month:

First Lessons in Bach
6. Minuet

https://www.box.com/s/nmbzgevzdp6jmwkzpr8l

Thank you for listening.

Working on:\

J.S.Bach Prelude in C Min: No. 2 from Six Preludes fur Anfanger auf dem
Am Abend No. 2 from Stimmungsbilder, Op. 88
60s Swing No. 1 from Swinging Rhythms
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Here's one you might remember.

It Had To Be You

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
BillM, a nice rendition of a classic from Casablanca, more of this.
Weiyan, I notice improvements in your playing, nicely done. Maybe you're hitting some of the notes a bit too hard, however the first step is to get the timing right and worry about the dynamics when the timing is satisfactory. At least that's what some people say.

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
BillM - Another great classic with your distinctive vocals. You just keep banging out one hit after another. Well done.

Weiyan - You continue to progress with each submission. Good job bringing out both left-hand and right-hand melody lines in the Bach minuet. Nice work.

Liebestraum 3, Liszt
Standchen-Schubert/Liszt arr
Sonata Pathetique-Adagio LVB
Estonia L190 #7284[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
BillM: Your are a professional singer. Thank you for your comment. I didn't pay attention to dynamic and missing out the dynamic marks in the score. Just learn to keep the fluency at this moment. I hope there are improvement in coming days.

JimF: Thank you for your encouragement.

Working on:\

J.S.Bach Prelude in C Min: No. 2 from Six Preludes fur Anfanger auf dem
Am Abend No. 2 from Stimmungsbilder, Op. 88
60s Swing No. 1 from Swinging Rhythms
N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
I recorded this one last week but didn't think it was any good. I listened again just now and figured ... it's an odd song, an odd melody, it's my own odd arrangement of it plus I've tried to play a little differently. What do you think?

Walking on the spot (Neil Finn)

Last edited by Newman; 10/19/12 09:31 PM. Reason: details

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
Bill - I think you and I like all the same material. That's a nice version (as always).(The version I'm most familiar with is Nilsson). I was listening to 'Crazy' the other day on the train on the way to work - both the Willie Nelson and Patsy Cline version. Hearing you do 'It Had To Be You' - I think you'd do 'Crazy' well.

LadyPayne - an interesting arrangement ( a wee Scots influence in part of that tune)

MusicaMusique - welcome

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
Originally Posted by Newman
I recorded this one last week but didn't think it was any good. I listened again just now and figured ... it's an odd song, it's my own odd arrangement of it plus I've tried to play a little differently. What do you think?

Wow, Newman - pitch perfect, and awesome range! You've really got an instrument made for rock ballads. You should do more with it. It sounded great.

BillM - Love this song (It had to be you). Nice arrangement, vocal and self-comping. If you are going to do a video, you should have some adoring beauty that you are singing this to in the shot wink

The Melody Never Lies

Schimmel 120J

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Newman, I enjoyed Walking On The Spot, nicely done.

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission