2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (Carey, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 13 invisible), 2,110 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
@Justplay,

Also, your setup looks very nice with the CA95!

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Very nice thank you for sharing (and persistence).

P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Justplay
Lol....not what I call easy, but it works..

Thank you.

Please note:

Also, if you copy the entire URL with the [img] ... ... [/img] on both sides, you will see that your photos appear directly in the post.

If you copy only the middle part ... http://i.imgur.com ... then you will have just the links to click on, as you did.

It's really your choice as to how you want to post them.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Thanks for posting the nice pictures Justplay - it looks like a really great setup, with the Macbook and workstation (Korg PA3x?).

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks guys.

Yes Kawai James that is the Korg Pa3x.... I love it as well.

After trying out keyboard and arrangers... I finally found the perfect setup. I would tell anyone that's considering an arranger ensemble keboard like the Yamaha CVP or Kawai CP, that having the two units separately is the way to go! If you have the space, the money is actually less than buying the one unit with it all in one.

I'll have to post some music soon!

This is normal. You just ignore the error message and you get an email.
Originally Posted by Justplay

J
OP Offline
J
Mac, mac, mac,...I did ignore it and got an email and that is the email I got...

That's a web page, not an email. ??

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I get an error every time I upload a pic. Reported it a while back, no change, not sure what's going on but it must be very confusing for noobs.

Perhaps the files are too large?

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
The files upload just fine. After uploading, the web site directs you to a non-existent page, hence the error. Just ignore the error.

You'll get an email that supplies the URL for the uploaded image. (But you MUST supply a valid email address on the image submission page.)

Yes, it's confusing. But ... just ignore the error page. That's all.

P
P
If you say the GF action is not lighter than my CA93's RM3, then I think I just found the answer I was looking for.

J
OP Offline
J
It's not lighter or heavier...it's just so easy to control the sound. It is as smooth as butter and the control I have any instrument voice that's being played amazes me.

In my opinion, the CA93 is a 6.5 in terms of touch, control and feel, and the CA 95 is a 10.5. I have played this little guy for hours and have recorded both on the board and into logic on my mac and I can't believe how much better my music sounds simply because I can control the piano.

I kinda had a scare today...lol I plugged in a piano light and the cord was against the soundboard, which who would think it would be a problem, but I started to hear a buzz, especially when I played the lower bass notes. I thought, that's new..WTH...hum. Then I realized it started after I plugged the lamp, so I moved the cord from touching the back of the piano at all and WaLah... It's gone away. So the lesson is let nothing touch the back of the piano especially the soundboard or you will get a sympathetic vibration that you might like much.

Good Luck! Go for the CA95... You will not be disappointed!

I have tested new Kawai CA95 and agree with Justplay. Control is better than in CA93. Model that was in shop had tapping keys that I don like. Touch is very good except for that little detail. The "tap, tap" when fingers pulse keys is very annoying. When I had a Kawai CA63 felt the same. I think that it depends of specific piano. Some are more precise and some have lazier keys that taps when you press quickly. I am not sure about it.

Kawai CA99
C
COG Offline
C
Hi Justplay!:)

compliments for the piano! I have just purchased the ca 65, so I can understand your enthusiasm!! and I am very happy with it! smile

kind regards

Fabio

G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by Brometeo
I have tested new Kawai CA95 and agree with Justplay. Control is better than in CA93. Model that was in shop had tapping keys that I don like. Touch is very good except for that little detail. The "tap, tap" when fingers pulse keys is very annoying. When I had a Kawai CA63 felt the same. I think that it depends of specific piano. Some are more precise and some have lazier keys that taps when you press quickly. I am not sure about it.

Hmmm, when I first read this I was thinking it was the letoff simulation you are referring to, but the CA63 doesn't have that, so I guess that idea's out the window. Unless the tapping you describe actually came from a different source in the two pianos.

J
OP Offline
J
I am extremely picky about key action noise and my Kawai CA 95 has none, no tapping, no thumping no bottoming out. It is quiet and smooth. I have taken back and sold many pianos because of the noisy action and had resigned to playing digital pianos with headphones, but the headphones became such an annoyance, so I have been waiting for a digital piano that has a decent piano voice through speakers and this piano exceeds all expectations. I own a grand piano and love it because it feels so alive, but I have not touched it since I got the Kawai CA 95.

Just this morning I took a peek at my grand and said, "I'll be back little one, but not right now".. I know that sounds weird, but I do treat my grand piano as if it were real.

I now have a digital piano that feels and sounds like an acoustic and can't take my hands away from it.

The inspiration that is coming out of me when I sit at the Kawai is almost miraculous because every time I sit at it and play, I write a new song.... I'll take that any day!

Last night my spouse was in bed reading while I was playing the Kawai and thought I was playing the grand...

I'm not a dealer or a prop, I am just a very discriminating consumer and I will buy the Kawai CA units every time they upgrade. It's unimaginable for me right now to think of any improvement on this CA95, but if they come out with a new model...I'm sold!!!

I think Kawai has made a turnaround and even though their quality has always been good, I think they are leaping to a higher level of excellence and the quality is now great! I'm sure that's a philosophy that is carried over to their acoustic line and all the other digital they make.

Good luck!

Last edited by Justplay; 09/20/12 09:34 AM.
Originally Posted by gvfarns
[quote=Brometeo]
Hmmm, when I first read this I was thinking it was the letoff simulation you are referring to, but the CA63 doesn't have that, so I guess that idea's out the window. Unless the tapping you describe actually came from a different source in the two pianos.

Perhaps "tapping" is not a good term for refering my feeling. It seems that some Kawai keyboards (my last CA63 and tested CA95 at least) have an initial touch (when finger hits the key) that feels like if wood piece is not firmly disposed. The effect is evident when you hit keys quickly and without subtlety; when playing softly the keyboard respond well enough.

This is the only reservation I have with Kawai CAs. My current CA93 doesn't show this behaviour and I am very happy with it. Perhaps it can be adjusted by a technician.

Greets.

Last edited by Brometeo; 09/20/12 03:45 PM.

Kawai CA99
Mine is being delivered Saturday or Monday (yay)

J
OP Offline
J
Congrats, in advance...you wont' be sorry!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission