2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
31 members (crab89, CraiginNZ, bwv543, Cominut, Colin Miles, Andre Fadel, BWV846, Animisha, 9 invisible), 1,226 guests, and 272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
cheers fella... I'm hoping to be as happy with it as you seem to be... been struggling with a budget chase digital for two years... after my heights of a lovely challen baby grand this thing has been horrendous... but if it wasnt for the lows we wouldnt appreciate the highs i guess :0)

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Just sold my CA93, CA95 on order, sight unseen.

Jon ...

Kawai CA67
A Tired, Retired, Dreamer ...
J
OP Offline
J
Congrats McBuster...let us know and send us pics!

D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
I just want to be clear about one feature of the CA95.

I believe it has been suggested that the sound engines for the CA65 and CA95 are identical so that if you are using headphones only with them, you are getting the same sound with each.

Is that true ?

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
P
P
Originally Posted by McBuster

CONGRATS!!!

I would love to see a comparison between CA93 vs CA95, this time from you (RM3 vs GF to be more specific).

D
D
Hello Justplay,
Wow, beautiful piano; good luck with it! On the pictures it looks like you have placed the CA 95 directly against the wall.
I wonder if there is a minimal distance to keep the backside from the wall, for having optimal profit of the low and midrange tones from the soundboard? What is your experience? I have a relative small room, so if I buy such a piano I'am almost obliged to put it directly to the wall. If the sound is influenced badly by such a position, maybe I better by a CA 65.
I hope you will shed some light on this matter. Thank you.

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by dmd
the sound engines for the CA65 and CA95 are identical so that if you are using headphones only with them, you are getting the same sound with each.

Is that true ?

Yes, that is correct. Plus, the LetOff Feature is standard for both. Outside of some Techy features, the main difference is the Soundboard/Speakers/Transducer, Amplification Section and instead of a Modesty Panel, there is an enclosure for the speakers/soundboard.

Jon ...

Kawai CA67
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Pelota

CONGRATS!!!

I would love to see a comparison between CA93 vs CA95, this time from you (RM3 vs GF to be more specific).

I did some lengthy comparisons in another post. Search for them ...

Jon ...

Kawai CA67
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Dutch Dhamma
I wonder if there is a minimal distance to keep the backside from the wall

First, there is a setting for near a wall, or in an open room.

I would recommend about 6", but I would wager even 2-3" would be fine and not muffled. How many upright acoustics do you know of that are slammed right up to the wall and more than a few folks got some nice sounds from them?

Jon ...

Kawai CA67
J
OP Offline
J
Hi Dutch Dhamma,

I keep the piano about 3 inches from the wall. The reason for that is the cord is behind the piano as well as the outlet and I don't want the cord to come anywhere near the soundboard. And I say this, if you can afford the CA95, get IT. It is not big or overbearing in the small room I have and the acoustics are just fine like they are. There is an adjustment on the piano where you could choose, "From the Wall", or "To The Wall" settings. I don't think that those are the names, but you know what I mean. I sampled both settings and they both sounded the same, but that may be because mine is nowhere near the wall. The sound is perfect with it being about 3 inches from the wall.

Good luck! You wont' be disappointed. I still can't believe I haven't played my acoustic grand since I got this keyboard. I just love it; as you can tell..lol

D
D
[quote=McBuster] the CA65 and CA95 are identical .... the main difference is the Soundboard/Speakers/Transducer, Amplification Section and instead of a Modesty Panel, there is an enclosure for the speakers/soundboard.

What you call the Modesty Panel is from my aesthetic point of view, my main objection against the CA 65. I don't like that big empty space below the speaker cabinet. It looks cheap. €800, cheaper then the CA 95 smile

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
My point was, the 65 has a piece of plywood in front of your knees that does nothing for the sound. The 95 has an actual enclosure about 6" thick the midrange speakers point into. This makes it look and sound alot more like a "real" piano.

Jon ...

Kawai CA67
D
D
Thanks for your response Justplay. Tomorrow I wil visit a Kawai dealer nearby who has the CA 65 on stock, unfortunately not the CA 95. For the CA 95 I have to go to another dealer. I like the closed cabinet of the CA 95 also much more then that of the CA 65. But the €800, difference....... But then again if I have 10 years or more fun of the instrument I wil have long forgotten the €800, I think.

D
D
My point was, the 65 has a piece of plywood in front of your knees that does nothing for the sound. The 95 has an actual enclosure about 6" thick the midrange speakers point into. This makes it look and sound alot more like a "real" piano.

Yes, Jon. I fully agree with that, the CA 95 looks much better and more like a real piano.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yes, that is correct. Plus, the LetOff Feature is standard for both. Outside of some Techy features, the main difference is the Soundboard/Speakers/Transducer, Amplification Section and instead of a Modesty Panel, there is an enclosure for the speakers/soundboard.

This is correct. In addition, I should point out that the CA95 allows the 'Line In' audio to be mixed in with the instrument's sound when using the USB audio recorder (WAV/MP3). More than just a minor software tweak, this actually requires a more complicated hardware configuration internally, increasing production costs.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by gvfarns
Originally Posted by Brometeo
I have tested new Kawai CA95 and agree with Justplay. Control is better than in CA93. Model that was in shop had tapping keys that I don like. Touch is very good except for that little detail. The "tap, tap" when fingers pulse keys is very annoying. When I had a Kawai CA63 felt the same. I think that it depends of specific piano. Some are more precise and some have lazier keys that taps when you press quickly. I am not sure about it.

Hmmm, when I first read this I was thinking it was the letoff simulation you are referring to, but the CA63 doesn't have that, so I guess that idea's out the window. Unless the tapping you describe actually came from a different source in the two pianos.

@gvfarns,

Not to worry, as my new CA95 has none of the issues mentioned above, so if you still are still thinking of considering it, I would keep it in mind. It is an incredible digital all in all, as I don't believe you would be disappointed with either the sounds or action, as it is very good piano, indeed.

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Kawai James

This is correct. In addition, I should point out that the CA95 allows the 'Line In' audio to be mixed in with the instrument's sound when using the USB audio recorder (WAV/MP3). More than just a minor software tweak, this actually requires a more complicated hardware configuration internally, increasing production costs.

Kind regards,
James
x

James

The Line In being Mixed was one of the "Techy Features" I referred to ... tee hee hee

Jon ...

Kawai CA67
J
OP Offline
J
Kawai James, can you please elaborate on that line in and Mp3 statement. What do you mean, can you give an example please?

Thanks much!

Online Content
Justplay,

The CA65 and CA95 both feature 'Line In' jacks, allowing you to connect an external audio device such as a computer or another instrument to the CA's amplifier and speakers.

However, the additional features of the CA95 allows this external audio to also be captured using the USB recorder, allowing both the piano's sound and the external sound to be mixed to the same MP3/WAV file.

An example of this might be if you wish to record piano and vocals/guitar to an MP3/WAV file at the same time, thus negating the need to use a separate mixer/recording device.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
S
S
As with so many other Kawais, this appears not to be for sale in the US (at least I don't see it advertised online). What's the US equivalent? Where can I order this without having to talk to a person?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission