2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
48 members (Craig Hair, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, Davidnewmind, 4 invisible), 1,265 guests, and 277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Digite1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
thanks for the help, the nord, well it troubles me too get something that as sluggish action when the other two have actions that semi-good, even though any of them would be an upgrade from my current yamaha ypt-210.

A
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Digite1
the nord, well it troubles me too get something that as sluggish action

Personally, I did not find the Nord action sluggish. That's one of my issues with boards that have "heavier" actions... they tend to be more sluggish as well. (That's not to say a light action can't be sluggish, the Roland FP-4F being an example of that, but I don't put the Nord in that category.)

M
M
I own a Nord Piano 2, after purchasing a Kurzweil PC3 that I loved but returned because it was just too large and heavy to be a useful gigging board, and I must say the Nord far and above outperforms the kurzweil. The piano sounds are amazing, it is light and looks good. You can replace every sound on the board. The action is light...perhaps a little lighter than I would generally prefer, but it makes no difference on my playing (in fact I think I play some classical pieces better on the nord than I do on my ydp-181).

I tried the cp5 in the store and I was just underwhelmed. Not much to say about it.

I had been eyeballing the rd700nx for a long time before I even considered a stage piano and going into the whole thing, honestly I thought that was the one I was going to buy. I would need to re-evaluate it again and although the keys are by far the best of the 3 boards, I still think I prefer the nord overall.

Are you going to be gigging or is this just for home\occasional practice use? I actually advise you to look at the Kurzweil PC3's if you don't mind something very big, the amount of sounds and quality of the samples really justify the price, not to mention a great keybed for a synth.

Another option like I did is to buy one test it out, return it then buy another...(keep in mind you might lose $25-50 on restocking fees). But if you go through some place like american musical or sweetwater that has an easy payment plan (no credit application required) and a 45 day return policy...you cant go wrong.

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by Kawai James
emenelton, the Nord Piano 2 can also utilise samples from the extensive Nord Sample Library, allowing you to pick and chose exactly what sounds are loaded onto your board.

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/main.asp?tm=Sound_Libraries&cllibr=Nord_Sample_Library

Cheers,
James
x

James,

Thank-you for pointing that out. At one point I owned a Stage and a Wave. The Sample Library and Piano Library at that time were separate and could not be mingled.
Even with the ability to load those samples, if the OP needed an all-rounder, I would think the NX is the way to go. For a piano only board however........

Still love my ES6!

M
M
Originally Posted by emenelton
Originally Posted by Kawai James
emenelton, the Nord Piano 2 can also utilise samples from the extensive Nord Sample Library, allowing you to pick and chose exactly what sounds are loaded onto your board.

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/main.asp?tm=Sound_Libraries&cllibr=Nord_Sample_Library

Cheers,
James
x

James,

Thank-you for pointing that out. At one point I owned a Stage and a Wave. The Sample Library and Piano Library at that time were separate and could not be mingled.
Even with the ability to load those samples, if the OP needed an all-rounder, I would think the NX is the way to go. For a piano only board however........

Still love my ES6!

To me the non piano samples are much better on the Nord than the Roland. I see the Roland as more of a home digital piano that is portable, and the nord as a professional gigging machine. I haven't gotten to play around with the Roland enough, but that's the impression that I got.

Last edited by mrsneakyz28; 09/05/12 11:30 AM.
D
Digite1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
we have a problem, i'm fourteen and for me, it's tottaly worth it for my parents not so much.

D
Digite1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
yes i'm goign to be gigging, but i realy don't care about height, nad i alredy sure i'm getting a kurzweil pc3 just that i'm goign to get the 61 keys version for synch porpouse.

D
Digite1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
how are the the samples, better are there samples of like strings, and stuff or justpianos and organs?

M
M
how are the the samples, better are there samples of like strings, and stuff or justpianos and organs?

The samples of strings, guitars, and orchestral instruments are in my opinion better than the piano and organ samples on the pc3.

D
Digite1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
i didn't ask the question proprely, how are, or what instruments are on the NORD sample lybrary (online) not in the pc3.

M
M
Strings, Orchestral, Guitars, Bass, etc.

Why don't you take a listen for yourself:

The NP2 ships with all of the piano library sounds preloaded,and also includes a disc with the different sizes of each sample. They upload new ones sometimes that you can download for free as well such as the new Bright Grand

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/main.asp?tm=Sound%20Libraries&cllibr=Nord_Piano_Library_v5

It also ships with several other samples preloaded, but not all of them. The entire sample library is included as a disc with the piano as well however.

Click on the links for each set of instruments to take a listen:

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/main.asp?tm=Sound%20Libraries&cllibr=Nord_Sample_Library

D
Digite1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I realy want to thank all of you for helping me in my hard desision, well i think im gonna go wich the nord piano 2, it's good it's beutiful, light and the sounds of the sample and piano lybrary are absolutly gorgeus, lets hope i don't change my mind until april. i think this board must alredy have a lot of reviews but when i get it i will write one myself.
but i have one question what is a good amplifier for this D.P.?

Last edited by Digite1; 09/06/12 06:58 AM.
D
Digite1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks for the help, i thats good to know.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I think this board must alredy have a lot of review but whe i get it i will write one myself.

May I ask where you are based, and if English is your first language?

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
A
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A
i didn't ask the question proprely, how are, or what instruments are on the NORD sample lybrary (online) not in the pc3.

Kurzweil has many more sounds than Nord, but there are quite a few sounds available on the Nord that have no equivalent on the Kurzweil. In general, I'd say the non-piano sounds of Kurzweil are stronger than Nord, though Nord is particularly strong in vintage keyboard sounds (mellotrons and other old keys).

You can see all the available Nord sound on their web site, in the Sample LIbrary section. You can see the sounds in the Kurzweil by downloading the "Objects List" manual from their web site and looking at the listed Programs.

M
M
Just to be clear the Nord Piano 2 is our recommendation (MSRP $2995 USD) not the Nord Stage 2 (MSRP $4,000+) probably just a typo, but just wanted you to be aware of the difference. The stage is a more synth oriented board, you will find the action on the NP a good bit better..

Now I am currently going through the debate over speakers, etc. for this. No amp is needed if you have powered speakers. I just went and took a listen today to some various setups from studio monitors, to hifi, to powered PA's...and I must say I was blown away by the Electro Voice ZX A1 (the powered version). This is a an 8" powered PA that runs about $500. Honestly 1 would be more than enough aside from not being true stereo. But until you could afford 2, 1 would certainly suffice (2 is really overkill for the home, but who says there's anything wrong with overkill?) It has a full range feature which really does a nice job replicating the piano sounds and can be mounted with a sub (which again is really not necessary).

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-ELE-ZXA1-LIST

D
Digite1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I live in portugal, so english is not my first language.

D
Digite1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I meant nord piano 2, i dont know where nord stage 2 came, because i saw the price difference, and if i had the money to buy a nord stage i would rather buy a v-piano.

A
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by mrsneakyz28
I must say I was blown away by the Electro Voice ZX A1 (the powered version).

I agree, it's a very nice sounding amp. If you don't need tons of volume, that's the way I would go as well. The QSC and Yamaha equivalents go louder, but don't sound as neutral. And while the OP isn't very concerned about weight, I like how light the EV is as well.

D
Digite1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks for your help, i am still not sure about the amps, but i will consider your suggestion.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission