2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 8 invisible), 1,781 guests, and 319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
TrapperJohn,

Thanks for the link to the clip from the movie Phantom of the Opera!!!

Speaking about clips, I put together a playlist with all our youtube videos for this recital:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1D8C5C5BB3D22E40

Enjoy!

My piano channel on YouTube: Link
I'm getting close now...

01. wouter79 - La Poule (Nouvelles suites de pieces de clavecin, No.12) I love how you kept the staccato action locked in even with the tremendously difficult note clusters on the right hand!

02. dannylux / Mel - Bortkiewicz Lyrica Nova Op.59 No.3 Beautiful sound and execution. The flow was flawless across all of the trills, peaks and valleys of the piece.

07. SwissMS - Nocturne in Eb Op. 9 Nr. 2 Beautiful. This is one of the few classical pieces that I’m actually familiar with. You definitely captured the tinge of melancholy that he was after.

09. Diana - Raymond - Theme from Overture Well done Diana. Keep up the good work!

10. Recaredo (Ricardo) - Piano sonata No 25 Op 79. Second movement. Ricardo, this did not sound like it was above your level to me. Well played!

12. (Was)TrueBeginner - Goodnight Kiss I’m always so impressed to hear an instrumental original. There is always a story behind it somewhere. You haven’t shared the story (unless I missed it) smile . Nicely played!

15. Sam S - Prelude and Fugue X WTC1 Listening to you play this and reading your explanation reminds me of the shock that I got learning about Bach’s brilliance and finely tuned sense of the infinite from reading Goedel,Escher,Bach by Douglas Hofstadter. Great job.

16. Peyton - Mazurka #4 in A Minor I know I must be dreaming, but this has a very jazz feel to it, especially at the beginning and end. Is it the way that you are interpreting it, or the way it is written? Either way, I love it!

20. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Rigaudon & Entree Ah, Church bells in Italy with some classical music. I would have voted for that over my dog and kids yelling smile It sounded nice – keep up the good work!

21. timmyab - Moment musical Nr.2 Timmy, the untrained ear can’t detect those mistakes that you speak of. The timing all sounded just right to me.

22. Lady Chen - Nocturne in E minor, op. 72, no. 1 Another beautiful Nocturne. Truly evocative of the evening. Wonderful sound and well played.

23. MrPozor - Minuet in A minor - Z649 Pretty good for four months with no lessons! Keep at it. The good thing about taking a lesson or two is that it will embarrass you into not accepting a roadblock, because you have to show up the next week and show some progress smile

28. joangolfing - The Poet Speaks Yamaha GC1 - That is a jazz piano!! Just kidding (no I’m not), no really just kidding. It sounds great for Schumann, especially the way you play it. I hope you enjoy it, I enjoyed listening to you play it.

30. cscl - Bagatelle in G minor, Op. 119, No. 1 Welcome to the Boston suburbs! As people are apt to say out here - even applied to classical music – your performance was “wicked awesome”!

32. TrapperJohn - Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again (from "Phantom...") That is lot of key changes for a vocal song. They aren’t really modulations, but just myriad keys changes throughout the song. It makes for a naturally interesting instrumental arrangement without needing a lot of tricks, and you did a great job with it. Well done.

34. Andy Platt - Prelude in E Minor (Opus 28, No 4) Nice job Andy, the chords sounded together to me.

35. Newman - Desperado One of the great pop melodies of all time. If I could sing (like you), I would probably never leave the piano. They would have to feed me intravenously… It sounded great.

36. Copper - Ave Maria I’m not familiar with this version of Ave Maria, but it is certainly sweet and touching.

37. Jake S - Ah Vous Dirai-je Maman Fake out! What a playful quality to this number. How could you resist from throwing a blues lick in the middle of one of the variations and insisting that Mozart had written it that way! I think that mischievous devil would have done it today! Love it…

38. Augustina - Touched You nailed the New Age feel on Joe’s composition. Excellent flow.

40. Serge88 - What'd I say Oh yeah- got the blues riffs kickin’ in. Blues piano is not easy if you really want to do it up. I have some great online blues piano tutorials and you get nauseous just trying to look at all of the notes that the piano player is using. Not for the faint of heart at all. You’ve made a great start, I hope we hear more cool stuff.

43. ClavBoy - Prelude No. 1 C Major BWV 846 It sounds precisely played to me. It also sounds quite accomplished for ¾ of year playing.

The Melody Never Lies

Schimmel 120J

Learning To Play Jazz Piano After Age 50+

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
StarrKeys - thank you so much for your always erudite comments on my tune! Such lovely words to read after being away for a week!

CAS - Thank you, too! My mom did love it.

Think less - play more

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A
A
Greener- Shindlers List- I love this piece. I played it for the piano bar a few months ago. You did a fantastic job playing it!:)

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Listened to the last of the recital today...

38. Augustina - Touched This is so sensitively and beautifully played.

39. Sand Tiger - Ashokan Farewell You've come a long way in just a few months! Your hard work is very evident.

40. Serge88 - What'd I say This was fun to listen to -- catchy rhythm!

41. Starr Keys - It Goes Like It Goes That was beautiful. You sing it with such feeling, and reading your performance notes, now I see why. I'm sure your mother loved it!

42. CMohr - Imagination Happy Birthday to your mom! This tune sounds full of memories and nostalgia. Lovely.

43. ClavBoy - Prelude No. 1 C Major BWV 846 You've done very well with this. Keeping dynamics even on arpeggios is very difficult! I don't think it would be bad to try playing it with the pedal. You might like the effect.

44. Ken. - Light Blue This is an interesting piece. The chord combinations are cool. Very nice.

45. daveindenton - Theme from Schindler's List What expressive playing! Your performance is touching.

47. DadAgains_Daughter - Invention in F Major Your fingers are flying in this delightful performance. Thank you for participating!

48. DadAgain - Prelude and Fugue XX - A minor Oh wow, that fugue sounds tough! You handled this all so well. Nice work.

49. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - Dance of the Blessed Spirits Pretty piece -- nice job with the sight-reading.

50. Falmc - Sweet Sereny Your girlfriend must be thrilled to have such a beautiful song written for her. It sounds very nice. How did you like the guitar version?

51. Clemente - Andalucia That was great! Whatever is going on in the left hand sounds difficult, yet very cool! I really enjoyed this performance!

52. Norrec (Tim) - Beaming Sunlight Moving from Alfred's Level 1 to this was quite a step up, wasn't it? You played this very well.

53. notbach - To a Wild Rose (Op.51 No. 1) How pretty! Although it's a simple tune, you play it with such expression.

54. lyricmudra - Sheep May Safely Graze (from J.S. Bach's Birthday Cantata) I love this piece, this arrangement, and your playing of it! You play it so musically, bringing out its sweetness, highlighting each voice at appropriate places, and giving a simply beautiful performance.

55. RedKat - Waltz, B minor, Op. 69 n. 2 This is a lovely Chopin waltz. What a thrill to hear it played so well. Wonderful!

56. Grouchomarx - Hungarian Rhapsody 2 Lassan (no Friska) A very serious-sounding piece, which I have to admit I have never heard before, despite its renown. You bring out the different moods throughout so well. Impressive -- especially those runs about halfway through.

57. Tiago84 - Prelude in E minor (Op28 No4) I really like the dynamics you use in this piece. It all sounds so natural. Very well done!

58. AndyMc - Riverlights #1 Welcome to the recital Andy. I like your composition and playing! There is a certain peacefulness about this piece that I appreciate.

59. yohyrral (= Larry Hoy) - Three Themes for Piano What an interesting composition, and so much forward-moving energy! Your piano sounds great; there is so much depth to that sound.

60. BillM - Try A Little Tenderness Great combination of of piano and voice. Your accompaniment sounds pretty sophisticated here.

61. PianoStudent88 - Ivan Sings It's odd to say about a piece like this, but you really make it sing. Musical playing, indeed!

Mary Bee
Current mantra: Play outside the box.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] XVI-XXXVI
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
It's funny to think that up until a few years ago, I never had the slightest desire to play music for anyone besides myself. Then I discovered these recitals, started participating, and now I am hooked. I look forward to each recital more than the one before. Not only do I enjoy listening to so many different styles of music and types of performances, and hearing the music that inspires you, but I also enjoy sharing the music that I love with others. I love putting in the work that it takes to prepare for a performance. I like sharing what I'm learning with you. I have fun deciding on the piece I'm going to submit for the next one. I even feel good about facing and conquering the dreaded "red dot". So thank you to everyone who makes these recitals possible: Monica, for compiling all the performances, Sam for maintaining that wonderful recital index, Copper for keeping track of everyone's medals, and to all the ABF members who participate, either by playing or listening.

Special thanks to those who commented on my performance: SwissMS, PianoStudent88, Clemente, Bobpickle, Andy Platt, CMohr, AndyMc, Sam S, wouter79, Peyton, Cookie74, Inlanding, TX-Dennis, BillM, CarlosCC, Recaredo, jazztpt, jotur, and casinitaly. I understand the extra effort it takes to do this, so I want you to know I appreciate it. How nice it feels to know that people enjoyed what I had to share!

See you all at the next recital!

Mary Bee
Current mantra: Play outside the box.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] XVI-XXXVI
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Thank you CasinItaly and MaryBee for listening to my piece and your lovely comments. Yes, Mom loved it and seems to be doing okay. We are waiting for the doctor's results.

Clemente and Cmohr Thanks also for your heartfelt responses. Yes, Clemente, you did do justice to it, and your student's are lucky to have you (my husband is also a teacher, btw). I think if some of my HS teachers had a outlet for joyful emotional self-expression, we all would have been better off. Cmohr, I know we're coming from similar place at this recital, and it doesn't take any erudition to appreciate what speaks to the heart.

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Thank you Marybee for nice comments and for listening!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
F
F
Thanks to everyone who comented my Sweet Sereny piece im really feel so good when somebody give me that kind of feedback of my pieces.

@Starr: Keys Thank you so much for that kind of words but i think im not too skilled piano player, some pieces seem to be too difficult for me. i just like to play in tempo all the time.

@MaryBee: yes my girlfriend was wow!, the guitar version it is pretty nice but it has few chords and i never recorded it.

Last edited by Falmc; 09/06/12 04:01 PM.
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Thanks Recaredo, Marybee, Augustina, casinitaly, alsoTom and kennjazz

Recaredo, it's quite hard to find a decent performance of this piece on harpsichord but I think this one is pretty good

MaryBee, yes it sounds more modern probably due to me not using harpsichord and because of my good mics laugh

And yes also thanks to Monica, Sam and Copper for arranging this event!

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks for your comment, Kenjazz!

Wouter, you’re right, that version on harpsichord is excellent. Thank you for posting it.

A
A
I have really enjoyed listening to the recital. I'll listen to more tomorrow at work. I don't have time to comment on everyone's pieces. Hopefully tomorrow. I have enjoyed every single piece:) Also thank you for such wonderful comments on my piece!:)

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530
I wanted to thank everyone one more time who took the time to listen to my recital entry, Riverlights #1, and also to share Riverlights #2, which I just completed: http://tinyurl.com/d2nouub

Thanks!

"And the night shall be filled with music..." -Longfellow
http://www.lineandlandscape.com
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
Oh my, it's been so long since I've been on this forum, I barely remember how to post. Hope I did this right.

Anyway, I just listened to part of this recital while cleaning the house today, and I'd forgotten how good you all are. I just want to give a general thumbs up and thanks to all the performers for a very enjoyable performance!!

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by bluekeys
Oh my, it's been so long since I've been on this forum. . .

(Speaking with arms akimbo and foot tapping): Yes, it has.

Nice to see you here smile

Cathy

Cathy
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Nice to know you're back!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi, Bluekeys! Good to see you. How have you been? Still playing, I hope.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
Nice to see a few people remember me! Yes I still play, but not as intensely as I did. Too many other things going on now. My memorized rep is down to just a handful of pieces, but I'm getting a lot better at improvising. I only play about half an hour most days, and a lot of that is just doodling. Kind of cool though. I'm getting to the point where I can hear, or think, a melody and play it in in several keys. Sight reading ability is pretty much gone. I still have the Walter and the Yamaha, but I haven't tuned either one in about 6 months.

Hope you're all doing well!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
wouter79- very impressed at your playing after 2 and a half years practise!

24 Monica K.

It is like telling a story, when I listen to this piece, I can see some pictures in the air.

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission