Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!


SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
138 registered members (ando, 7uturu, alexcawley, anotherscott, Almaviva, Anita Potter, 41 invisible), 1,779 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 33 of 45 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 44 45
#2060816 - 04/07/13 03:08 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: CarlosCC]  
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 211
255 Offline
Full Member
255  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 211
Wanting to play complex pieces is what I think really discourages me, since it's obvious that it take years to play things by Scrjabin for example.

Last edited by 255; 04/08/13 06:28 AM.
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2060880 - 04/07/13 05:23 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,037
CarlosCC Offline
2000 Post Club Member
CarlosCC  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,037
Lisbon, Portugal
Thanks for your answers, 255.
I was trying to understand what was your "journey" with music; did you learn any instrument as a kid? Is it a recent hobby? Can you read any music? How many hours you play by week? ...?

btw: I think you need a king of guide regarding with the type of pieces you *want* to play now. Learning music is a step-by-step process, and I think you want to reach the sky in the first steps... smile


[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
#2060891 - 04/07/13 05:37 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: CarlosCC]  
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 211
255 Offline
Full Member
255  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 211
Originally Posted by CarlosCC
I was trying to understand what was your "journey" with music;

No journey at all.

Originally Posted by CarlosCC
I think you need a king of guide regarding with the type of pieces you *want* to play now.

I think I need to generate some income and get a teacher instead of writing on forums. grin

#2060893 - 04/07/13 05:41 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 966
dynamobt Offline
500 Post Club Member
dynamobt  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 966
NH
Marilyn Burris, new member here. I took lessons as a child from the time I was in kindergarten to high school. Played the organ at a church to earn money while I was in High School. Stopped playing the piano for years and years. Started back up about 10 years ago which is when I bought my Mason & Hamlim BB which was built in 1918 and rebuild in 1999. Stopped again for a while after feeling I was a bit overfaced. Started back up with a new teacher last summer. And, I'm loving it!! I'm playing occassional recitals. Learning new music at a pace that is comfortable for me. Looking forward to meeting people on the forum and learning from all of you.


1918 Mason & Hamlin BB
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
#2061163 - 04/08/13 05:39 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 525
PaperClip Offline
500 Post Club Member
PaperClip  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 525
Amsterdam, Holland
Hi Dynamobt, welcome to the forum!

255, welcome, a teacher sounds the best option for you. As a beginner it's hard to find the music you like and that is suitable for you to play. A teacher can do that for you. The right music will motivate you and a teacher will also.

The first year is the most difficult, because motivation will rise sky high and hit bottom low frequently. Then motivation will mellow out and will stick at high. At least that was my experience.


Chris

Playing since May 02 2009
#2061167 - 04/08/13 05:54 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,037
CarlosCC Offline
2000 Post Club Member
CarlosCC  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,037
Lisbon, Portugal
Hi dynamobt,
I can see how motivated you are! That's really nice!
Welcome to PW.


[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
#2062158 - 04/09/13 10:09 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: 255]  
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 935
Michael_99 Offline
500 Post Club Member
Michael_99  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 935
Canada Alberta
255,

I have read what you have said.

You have seen skateboarders practicing their routines over and over and falling and getting up and doing it all over again. Basketball players are shooting and missing all the time at the hoop and the wastepaper basket in school!! So practice is everthing. I can't afford a teacher either so I went to a music store and bought a 5 dollar first piano book "Leila Fletcher piano course 1" and worked through everyday and played all the tunes over 6 months and reviewed all the tunes I learned everyday and now I can read and play basic music. Until you get money for a teacher, it might be cool to slowly, and accurately learn the tunes in a beginner book like the one I mentioned and you will have learned the basics by the time you have got a teacher to help you with the stuff that follow.

The great thing about a basic method book like I mentioned above is that they are safe. You will be able to play the basic pieces and play them well. And by doing that you will learn to read and play music without looking at your hands because the book will tell you how to look at the music and play the notes. It is only 50 pages, and you are done with the basics, so it is a small investment of time and energy of learning to play the piano.

You can do all the piano stuff you like, but if you just spend 15 or 20 minutes a day working on the beginner book, that will give you the basics without a take up a lot of time.

There is NO benefit of just playing the same piece everyday or evertime. I spend about 15 minutes and go on to something else like a different piece or scales, etc. I know when my body and mind needs to quit and I do. It is very important to play the piano everyday, but it doesn't have to be more than half an hour in total.

#2062569 - 04/10/13 08:35 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 15
OakOMalm Offline
Junior Member
OakOMalm  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 15
Sweden
Hi Folks!

Looks like most of you are from the states but I'm from Sweden (so pardon my occasional gramatic slip ups since english isn't my primary language smile )

Took some clarinet lessons in my early teens back in the mid 80's. Was never any good at it but I did stick with it for 4 or 5 semesters.

Even though neither my parents, relatives nor myself have ever been any big fans of music in any form, I kind of got curious in recent years about what makes music tick, so to speak. Also got the idea that maybe I could learn to play the piano. Bought a cheap 61 key midi-keyboard a couple of years ago but sadly it has been sitting in a corner collecting dust most of the time.

Finally decided to make a serious attempt though and signed up for online sight reading lessons a couple of weeks ago. Been practicing for about an hour each day and so far I'm sticking with it.

My eye-hand-hand coordination leaves ALOT to be desired though. smile Can play most of the lesson material without problem from memory but trying to play while sight-reading is so distracting.


English isn't my native language so pardon any typos and grammatical slip-ups.

Interesting Fact: A mere 5% of the world's population has english as their native language.
#2062637 - 04/10/13 11:02 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,046
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,046
Australia
Just recently joined so a little about me:
I am originally from Scotland but have lived most of my life in Australia.
I have been playing acoustic guitar for 40 years but was never motivated to learn much beyond simple chords. The end result is now I have taken up piano I want to do everything the right way. Up until a few months ago I was an ultra runner and had worked up to and completed my first 100 mile event. Then the doctor told me the bad news I had to stop running or get a knee replacement. Probably just as well because now I spend so much time on the piano, or researching music I don't have time for sport.
My years of guitar gave me a bit of theory knowledge but I never attempted to sight read until I bought my piano five months ago. I have been improving but it is a slow process for all the hours I put in. That's why I think all those on the learning piano cycle are just like ultra runners - totally committed and rarely give up.


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2062642 - 04/10/13 11:14 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: 255]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,118
Polyphonist Offline
9000 Post Club Member
Polyphonist  Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,118
New York City
Originally Posted by 255
Wanting to play complex pieces is what I think really discourages me, since it's obvious that it take years to play things by Scrjabin for example.

There are complex easy pieces (well, not as complex as Scriabin, but you get the idea).


Regards,

Polyphonist
#2063816 - 04/13/13 01:18 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 245
JazzyMac Offline
Full Member
JazzyMac  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 245
World Traveler
Hello! I'm JazzyMac, 34, female (yeah I know...I love Jazz, and I love Macs, soooo)

Anyway. As a child, I wanted to play the violin because it seemed the cheapest instrument I could get into, and my parents wouldn't let me. All the while, I've always wanted to play the piano. I've loved music, but can't sing or play by any means. Finally this year, I realized I was old enough, and finally had the money to take lessons.

I can't wait to be able to play, play anything, read music, play with friends, play for family, just play!

I'm attending my third lesson next week, and doing what I can to learn these notes by sight. I've downloaded some apps, and I feel like my homework my instructor assigns me is getting easier and easier.

I have to say, I had a mini-meltdown after my second lesson; I felt I would never get the concepts that seemed so simple and didn't touch my keyboard for two days. Of course I'm over that now. For now.

#2063818 - 04/13/13 01:22 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,046
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,046
Australia
Welcome JazzyMac, as quite a novice myself (although probably a bit further on) I look forward to hearing how you are progressing.

Me


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2063831 - 04/13/13 02:44 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: earlofmar]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 623
Dwscamel Offline
500 Post Club Member
Dwscamel  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 623
I'm a student and I love the piano. My goal is to have a job that allows me to pay the bills and study with an excellent piano teacher. I'm lucky to have friends studying at conservatories who can help me with basics sometimes, but I'm 100% focused on affording a teacher in the next three years so I don't waste any more time.


Beethoven - Op.49 No.1 (sonata 19)
Czerny - Op.299 Nos. 5,7 (School of Velocity)
Liszt - S.172 No.2 (Consolation No.2)

Dream piece:
Rachmaninoff - Sonata 2, movement 2 in E minor
#2081900 - 05/13/13 01:01 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 1
MissMaybe Offline
Junior Member
MissMaybe  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: May 2013
Posts: 1
Northeastern USA
Hi! I'm really excited to have found this forum! I am MissMaybe, a 20-something web developer, crafter, reader, and all around geek.

I took 8 years of classical piano lessons from the age of 12, and at the end of them was playing around a level 8/9. I abruptly stopped my private lessons my second year of college because I was confused and overwhelmed with the whole concept of starting an adult life. I told myself I was only "taking a break" and would start lessons back up again after a few months, but I never did and I regret it frequently.

This forum appeared in my hunt for tips on how to relearn the piano. I sit down and plunk out show tunes every few weeks, but it's nothing compared to what I used to and still could be doing. Last night I went back to scales and was shocked and extremely frustrated at how far I've strayed (I was stumbling on a basic C scale! Aahhh!!!). So here I am, jumping back into the world of piano before I fall behind too much more! smile

Looking forward to reading and contributing!

Last edited by MissMaybe; 05/13/13 01:29 PM.
#2082009 - 05/13/13 05:18 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,046
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,046
Australia
Welcome MissMaybe, I hope your return to piano isn't too fraught. Good luck and looking forward to hearing your progress and posts


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2082040 - 05/13/13 06:38 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 16
niluh01 Offline
Junior Member
niluh01  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: May 2013
Posts: 16
Hello Everybody

I am a twenty year old student studying Politics. I am originally from Austria and have played the piano since I was 12. However, since our family was moving a lot around, I played on and off. Now I have decided to take a teacher again and become more serious. I joined the forum as it provides lots of information and it's great to find so many peopel sharing the same passion. I am also keen to join the recitals on PW. smile


Life's tradegy is that we get old too soon and wise too late. - Benjamin Franklin
#2082077 - 05/13/13 07:56 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,046
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,046
Australia
Welcome niluh01, hopefully you and MissMaybe will catch up soon enough to your old levels. I can well understand how moving around, going to college/university can play havoc with your piano playing.
Looking forward to reading and listening to your contributions


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2082283 - 05/14/13 06:15 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,037
CarlosCC Offline
2000 Post Club Member
CarlosCC  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,037
Lisbon, Portugal
Hi MissMaybe, JazzyMac and niluh01 and welcome to PW!
Good luck! Have fun!


[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
#2085680 - 05/20/13 10:46 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 1
AmyH Offline
Junior Member
AmyH  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 1
St. Louis
Hi all,

My name is Amy. I'm 41 and live in St. Louis, MO. I've been happily (mostly) married for almost 22 years. We have a son, 14, who will be starting high school in the fall. I worked for many years as a programmer, until an illness forced me to stop working permanently.

I started playing piano when I was 5, and stopped when I was 13 to pursue horseback riding. I was pretty serious about it then, and competed in horse shows until I had a bad fall at age 22.

I recently began playing again. My next door neighbor knew someone who was giving away a nice Baldwin Acrosonic. I had been thinking about playing for a while, so I told him I wanted the piano. I've been playing for about 4 months now, and just started taking lessons again. I was pretty shocked at how much I remembered.

Looking forward to participating in this forum!

Amy


#2085700 - 05/20/13 11:18 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,037
CarlosCC Offline
2000 Post Club Member
CarlosCC  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,037
Lisbon, Portugal
Hi AmyH, and welcome to PW!
Nice to know that you decided to play piano again. Looking forward to reading about your progress.
btw: What kind of music do you like to play?


[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
#2085745 - 05/20/13 12:54 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 79
DashanDad Offline
Full Member
DashanDad  Offline
Full Member

Joined: May 2013
Posts: 79
Iowa
I’m reconditioning a Betsy Ross Spinet that is already in pretty good interior shape for my daughter. It was a free piano but we went on a piano hunt when her keyboard broke and this practically fell out of the sky for us. It isn’t our final destination piano but I don’t want to feel rushed to buy a piano. I want to make an educated purchase and get a better sense of how it will go with the little one. I’m thinking used Yamaha studio or institutional. Unless the right baby grand presented its self. I like the history of the turn of the century pianos and day dream of owning a reconditioned grand.

She is 5 and bi lingual Russian/English. She likes the piano but we do have the practice fights. I grew up with a grandfather that was an excellent player but didn’t have the interest to learn until the opportunity was gone… with his pianos in the estate sale. I later regretted that.

I’ve been piggybacking on my daughters lessons and letting her teach me how to do it. I used to teach ballroom and there is nothing that helps solidify learning like having to teach it to someone else.
My focus right now is getting her going and taking my first exam for business statistician’s problem solving (6 sigma/quality process analyst). Hopefully that will precede a move up the food chain and serious piano shopping can commence. Test is June 1.
Then I’d like to look at self study materials and the occasional lesson myself.

#2085771 - 05/20/13 01:29 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 54
carolinagirl Offline
Full Member
carolinagirl  Offline
Full Member

Joined: May 2013
Posts: 54
Hi! I guess since I have been posting here for a week or so, it's time to formally introduce myself. I am married, 54 years old with two grown kids and 3 grandkids. I live on and run a small farm (more of a homestead) where we raise a lot of our food (sheep, chickens, veggies, beef, etc). I have wanted to play the piano for years. Every time I here someone playing, I think how much I'd love to be able to do that. So finally I am!

Last month I bought a Yamaha CLP 440 and I have taken 3 lessons so far. My teacher says I am catching on very fast. I am interested in playing Classical and Boogie Woogie. I know....sort of like opposite ends of the spectrum. I can play a simplified version of 12th Street Rag at a decent tempo and can play the beginning section of Fur Elise along with quite a few other beginning type songs. I am enjoying it very much!

I am very happy I discovered this forum. I am really quite amazed at how thorough many of the answers are! Many of you are excellent teachers and very generous with your time, judging by the detailed answers I have seen here. I am looking to learning all I can from this group.

Cindy


Yamaha CLP 440 Delivered on April 16 2013
Started playing piano April 16 2013
#2085795 - 05/20/13 02:30 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: OakOMalm]  
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 407
Goof Offline
Full Member
Goof  Offline
Full Member

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 407
UK
I'll probably be shot down for what I write here:
I don't bother much about sight reading because, I know the method of constructing major and minor scales,and thus key signatures. I do not bother much about time as I play for my own pleasure.
BUT I do carefully go through each piece and work out and write in the best fingering before even trying to learn it.
I do make certain that I have heard the piece a few times and like it so much that I will enjoy learning it. It may take me an age to learn the piece but it is great when I can playthe whole thind at any reasoable speed and THINK about how I will vary tone and anything elce, sometimes with my eyes shut just for fun.

#2085883 - 05/20/13 04:39 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Goof]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,046
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,046
Australia
Originally Posted by Goof
I'll probably be shot down for what I write here:
I don't bother much about sight reading because, I know the method of constructing major and minor scales,and thus key signatures. I do not bother much about time as I play for my own pleasure.
BUT I do carefully go through each piece and work out and write in the best fingering before even trying to learn it.


No one will shoot you down on this forum Goof, we are all very different in our approach to our learning.


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2085884 - 05/20/13 04:41 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,046
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,046
Australia
Welcome aboard DashanDad and carolinagirl, look forward to hearing how your journey's progress.


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2086113 - 05/21/13 03:58 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,037
CarlosCC Offline
2000 Post Club Member
CarlosCC  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,037
Lisbon, Portugal
Welcome to PW, DashanDad and carolinagirl!


[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
#2088972 - 05/26/13 01:02 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 7
Pivotal Offline
Junior Member
Pivotal  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: May 2013
Posts: 7
Hi guys, after reading a slew of threads on this forum over the past few days I decided to join in on the fun and hopefully contribute to the valuable resource that is Pianoworld.

I'm 25 and reside in Sydney Australia. I've decided to start playing the piano within the last few months where I've been making slow but steady progress through self teaching. It has been a very rewarding experience so far.

Very happy to be on board and looking forward to learning and sharing with you all.

#2089323 - 05/26/13 05:16 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 7
Dumik Offline
Junior Member
Dumik  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: May 2013
Posts: 7
Hi everyone! I´m 20 years old guy from Finland. I started to play the piano about 4 months ago (end of January) and i´m playing like 70% by myself and 30% with my mom, who was a pretty good pianist when she was young. At the moment i´m playing with cheap digital piano(Hemingway DP201), which does its job, but of course i`m dreaming of an acoustic piano. So far I haven´t studied any music theory apart from notes, I just like to play more than study. I started my piano "career" by picking one nice piece and just playing that with my moms help. It took me quite a while to learn that piece, but in the end i managed to play it pretty nicely. I feel that it was really useful to learn that piece because I learned a lot just by trying play it over and over again. I also learned some notes and I could learn my next pieces much faster than that first one. So far I have learned almost 3 pieces. I know that its not very fast learning process (like 1.5 months/piece), but I´m playing only 30-60 minutes per day, because I have a lot of other studying to do. And those pieces are pretty hard, at least for me, so let these be my excuses. So far I have enjoyed piano so much and I feel like my passions is growing every day and its very hard to think something else than piano.

I´m very happy that I found this forum because there are not that many places in the internet where you can talk with other people who are also beginners with piano.


#2089589 - 05/26/13 10:47 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,046
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,046
Australia
Welcome Dumik, you will find it very common to take quite a time to learn new pieces. This has been a great revelation to myself initially thinking just pure enthusiasm would get me through.

As you said you are learning something important from each new piece you choose. After playing for only six months myself I love how almost every day I can learn something new. I wonder though if these might by the halcyon days when advancement seems fast.

Must be fantastic to be able to play piano with your mother (or any family member). I trade daily emails with my brother who is also learning but on the other side of the world.


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2090906 - 05/28/13 08:58 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,046
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,046
Australia
I have already introduced myself on this thread a while back, but I received this youtube clip today a friend had put together, and I thought I would share it with my new piano friends.

In 2012 we trained and competed in Australia's toughest ultra marathon, 175km of torture.
The race finish is a little signpost which you kiss (not compulsory). I am the one photographed almost falling over as I kneel to kiss the post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=onWcOqrmcTQ


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 33 of 45 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 44 45

Moderated by  BB Player, casinitaly 

UK Members
Please check in
UK Members & Friends
Checking on our members and friends from the UK. Please Check In When Able
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.


Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas


(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
1989 Yamaha G2R Grand Piano
by Darrel. 05/24/17 10:35 AM
Review of Pollini and Perahia at Carnegie
by pianoloverus. 05/24/17 08:00 AM
Practicing scales plus.
by happyhacker. 05/24/17 05:08 AM
More? Or less?
by Jolly. 05/23/17 09:10 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics179,855
Posts2,629,333
Members87,864
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Report Problems With New Forums
Report Problems with New Forums Here!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |


copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0