2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Adam Reynolds, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, 9 invisible), 1,670 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1952439 09/01/12 05:47 AM
C
chris84 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hey guys,

I found out yesterday about a great deal on a Feurich 115 upright piano, 2590 euros including a piano bench, the first tuning and the transportation.

This is the model:
http://feurich.com/jart/prj3/feuric...15330&rel=en&reserve-mode=active

What's your opinion about this brand? Are there owners of Feurich pianos around here?

Thanks.

Masterwork Classics Level 4
-------------------------------------
Feurich 115 Upright
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by chris84
Hey guys,

I found out yesterday about a great deal on a Feurich 115 upright piano, 2590 euros including a piano bench, the first tuning and the transportation.,,,

What's your opinion about this brand?

The Feurich brand name is old in Germany, but pianos from China wearing the Feurich name are relatively new, so it's hard to say much at this point.

The first piano from Ningbo China offered in Europe was a 115 designed by Peter Veleksy when he was part of a Hailun partnership. That was almost 10 years ago. I don't know if this one is a total redesign or more of a refinement of the original design. The web iste says the concept is Rolf Ibach's, but 'concept' is a hard word to pin down. Certainly this one specs out differently from the original in some key areas.

Pianos manufactured by Ningbo/Hailun offer pretty good value for the money, and your price is certainly very low for a new piano with a fifteen year warranty. I can't comment on the tone and touch because I don't know the model. Even the original 115 was pretty scarce in the US. Retailers here seemed to prefer to market Ninbdo pianos in the 120 - 123 cm, size.

If it fits your budget and you like the tone, touch, and dealership, there's no reason not to buy it.

Will Johnny Come Marching Home?
The fate of the modern wartime soldier
4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
Along those lines, we carry the Hailun 116, derived from Peter Veletsky's design. I'm shure it is a cousin to the Feurich 115, but without knowing more I couldn't say if it is a closer relative...like a twin brother.

The larger models almost always lure our customers which is in keeping with turandot's understanding. Musicians are steadily impressed by the little dynamo. I would think that caught your attention in the Feurich.

Ningbo China does build to different specs for different markets (like the domestic Chinese market tends to have much lower spec models). That certainly complicates your job in Romania. I would contact the European distributor to see if they indicate any variation in models sold in say Germany vs. Romania.

Ningbo has quickly become a favorite supplier as well as business partner for older, established brands. This reasonably implies a preference for their quality given the abundance of price competitive choices for OEM in SE Asia.

Sam Bennett
PianoWorks - Atlanta Piano Dealer
Bösendorfer, Estonia, Seiler, Grotrian, Hailun
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta
F
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
F
BoseEric could answer this more definitively than I - but it is my understanding that the 115 is a completely new model designed by Herr Ibach, and is not closely related to the 116, which has been in the marketplace for several years. They are produced in the same factory, however - for what it is worth.

Amateur Pianist and raconteur.
4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Furtwangler
...it is my understanding that the 115 is a completely new model designed by Herr Ibach, and is not closely related to the 116, which has been in the marketplace for several years.
Cool. Thanks for the update.

Sam Bennett
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Well, it is certainly more than cosmetics in comparison to Veletsky's original prototype and the first production runs. The Feurich cites Paullelo's bass and treble strings, and Paullelo wasn't even part of the Hailun/Ningbo team back in those days. But the idea of a totally new design is hard for me to swallow, especially a totally new deign undertaken for an OEM client. My guess is that it's a variant based on Feurich's requirements and the contract price.

Whichever it is, if it's a legitimate Ningbo export model sold new by a legitimate and reputable dealer, it's definitely worth the OP's consideration at that price.

C
chris84 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thank you all for your replies.

Its definitely not a deal breaker for me if the piano is made in China as long as it has a great tone and touch, which I'll find out when I'll go and see it.

Untill then I'm still waiting for a Feurich owner around here who could share his/her opinions about this piano.

Feurich 115 Upright
4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
Untill then I'm still waiting for a Feurich owner around here who could share his/her opinions about this piano.
I've only seen 1 or 2 members so far who have shared about their purchase of a new Feurich from Ningbo. You may want to search and PM them.

Sam Bennett
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
I agree with Sam. It could be a long wait. Most of the membership here is based in the US and Feurich has only just started to test the waters here through one or two dealers.

Even if you find an owner, it will have been a recent purchase. New owners usually gush with excitement about whatever they've bought.

You definitely should go and see the thing for yourself and compare it to whatever else the retailer has in stock.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Man, doesn't anybody take a vacation?

As I understand it, the model 115 is indeed a completely new design. I know Rolf Ibach played a major role in its development. What the details of his involvement are, I don't yet know. I'm under the impression that some other European piano people were involved as well.

I just received the first 115's in this country and like them very much. In addition to great sound in a small(er) package, there are subtle details to the case design that give it a noticeable style.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
By The Way

New Feurich corporate website just went live (finally).

See some information on the model 115 there.

www.feurich.com

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by BoseEric
Man, doesn't anybody take a vacation?

Actually, it's my first day off work in 36 days. I just wanted to share part of it with you. whome

C
chris84 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Aliwally from D.C. bought a 122 this spring and seems like he's really satisfied about the touch and tone for that particular model.

Feurich 115 Upright
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Aliwally from D.C. bought a 122 this spring and seems like he's really satisfied about the touch and tone for that particular model.

I think everyone who has posted on your thread is aware of that factoid, but would encourage you to investigate in person the Feurich piano offered in your market before being swayed by other opinions. There are so many variables in pianos as found and in individuals' reactions to them that it would be silly to advise you to favor a piano from one manufacturer because someone else had bought one and liked it.

If you need more brand assurance even before looking the piano over, click on the Pianobuyer link in the left column. You will find a feature article on the new Feurich pianos written by a professional pianist who is a member here. You will also find a profile of the Feurich company.

If you do check the piano out in person, please describe your own experience here.

Good luck.

C
chris84 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Yes, I will definitely go and check out the piano before making the acquisition and will post my impressions here.

I read the article from the Painobuyer book and I found quite interesting.

Feurich 115 Upright
G
G
The new Feurich 115 Premiere has a very nice tone and a case design which not everybody likes. The touch is more on the heavier side. I like it very much and I think it´s much piano for little money. BTW, I sell them, so I am biased cool

Gregor

piano tech - tuner - dealer
Münster, Germany
www.weldert.de
C
chris84 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Great news people!

On Tuesday, 30th of October the Feurich 115 Premiere is gonna be delivered at my home.

I'll keep you posted.

Feurich 115 Upright
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hey guys,

I found out yesterday about a great deal on a Feurich ===SNIP===

What's your opinion about this brand? Are there owners of Feurich pianos around here?

Thanks.

Can't speak about the 115, but I can report on experience as an audience member at a house concert played on a Feurich 161. On the program - a Beethoven Sonata, two 20th Century pieces and 4 Etudes Tableaux of Rachmaninoff.

The room was rather long and narrow; there were about twenty of us in attendance.

In any case, I liked the sound of the Feurich 161 a great deal. It had a sweetly singing treble, fairly solid mid-section, and (rather suprisingly), more than respectable bass for a piano of its length. It's a different sound, but I liked it well enough to see it competing favorably with a S&S "M", M&H "A".

Being a well behaved guest, I restrained myself and did not touch the piano... so I can't report on the feel. I spoke with the pianist, asked her how she liked it, and she said it was "ok", "quite usable".

Andrew Kraus, Pianist
Educated Amateur Tuner/Technician
I Make Music that Lifts People Up & Brings Them Together
Rockville, MD USA
www.AndrewKraus.com
www.YouTube.com/RockvillePianoGuy
Twitter at @IAmAPianist

1929 Steinert 6'10" (Close copy of New York S&S "B")
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hey Andrew. Keith and Shaun at Piano Craft would welcome you to try the Feurich 178 and 218. Sorry but the 161 has been sold.

C
chris84 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Unfortunately there was a problem with the shipping and so I have to wait another week frown

Feurich 115 Upright
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission