2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (Carey, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, 11 invisible), 1,914 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member
My favorite piano of the entire showroom was a restored Steinway B, a piano that only my sentimental attachment and loyalty to my little M&H A prevents me from saying that I'd gladly upgrade to. But it had such a beautiful singing tone, well balanced between treble and bass.

Is this piano creeping into your thoughts now that you are home?

Thanks for the Cunningham review.

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
LOL. No, I am quite monogamous in my romances, either human or piano. grin Plus, now that I'm retired and have no income, it's not very practical to contemplate plunking down many thousands of dollars just to upgrade a piano that I'm really very happy with. Let's just say my hubby was quite relieved to hear that I wasn't bowled over by the Bosie Imperial.

Platinum Subscriber
Platinum Subscriber
Originally Posted by RickG1
Rich was very kind to me when I visited the store a few years ago. It is amazing the quality and quantity of pianos at the store. I hope to get back again as my daughter is living in Narberth after living in Haverford.

Well I found this photo of your visit Rick. I appreciate the fact that got right to work finishing a piano for us!

[Linked Image]

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
Visit one of our four locations
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Learn more about the Matchless Cunningham
Well, I see that I'm not the only member here with lots of glowing white hair. smile

Nice photo, Rich. It's nice to see what other members here look like.

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member
I usually do not reveal what lurks under my "Pianer Plunker" BB cap.

Marty in Minnesota

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
I had the same impression of the Bosie Imperial when I had the opportunity to try one.

It was certainly beautifully constructed and assembled but in the end it was just another piano with a sound you either like or not.

Laugh More
Yamaha G7 - Roland FP7 - Roland FP80
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
What a wonderful and semi-accurate post! I must say, ever since I first visited Rich back in 2006, I have had nothing but good things to say. Whenever anyone asks me about buying a piano, I typically point them to Rich first. Though I'm sure not enough people ask me for Rich's liking.. wink

I will say, however, that you must not have taken the trip through North Philly to get there.. like their own website says: "Do NOT depend on a GPS system." laugh

Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.
Platinum Subscriber
Platinum Subscriber
Originally Posted by Derulux
I will say, however, that you must not have taken the trip through North Philly to get there.. like their own website says: "Do NOT depend on a GPS system."

This is true Derulux. From Center City Philly one can take a route along the river (Up Kelly Drive) and drive past nothing but beauty, which is the fastest way... or one can sit at lights all the way up Broad St. through North Philadelphia and see nothing beautiful, which is the shortest way by mileage.

The Broad St. route is actually shorter, but it has lights at every block (not well timed I might add) and brings you right through Philly's worst area.

So if you are coming from Center City, follow our directions on our website. wink

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
Visit one of our four locations
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Learn more about the Matchless Cunningham
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
I always enjoy your posts, Monica, and especially this one. It seems to me that you write in a voice about forty years younger than than the age of your physical body--- now that I see your photo, I can see that spritely young personality twinkling through your expression. That is the age that counts. And no, I'm not asking.

What you said about gnashing was clearly figurative--- but watch it, dear. I've been seeing quite a lot of a handsome young dentist recently--- no, if only it were--- and he has cautioned me about gnashing, and grinding too. Let's just say it's expensive.

Cunningham's introduction of an upright that was half piano and half computer struck me as a brilliant idea--- with the screen built right into the music desk--- and I've wondered how it has fared in the marketplace. Such a device could save the piano, if it could be fashioned with enough adaptability to meet the pace with which digital devices evolve (compared to the slower evolution and longer lifespan of the piano with which they are paired). It could have the power to beguile the young away from their PlayStations. I wonder if it would take a partnership with one of the big makers to have the resources to float such a venture. Yet, Kawai has not even seen that it is worth its while to market their existing half-and-half adaptation of the K3 in the US, though it's available in some other countries; I can't even think of the name they call it, just now. Maybe someone like Roland, who is pretty well along with the music/computer aspect yet has no competing acoustic piano product, would be the sort of partner.

A lady such as yourself need not depend on the impression her blouse makes, to beguile or to be perceived at her proper value. Piano store owners have kids, too, and they have their share of mishaps. If it came down to it, as long as the ice cream and chocolate sauce stayed on your blouse and out of their pianos, I think they'd be happy enough to see it there (or overlook it there), and happy enough that you brought your daughter. And I would also say, don't be so sure your musical voice is not worthwhile. There will always be people who can out-play us.

When I was 16 years old, my mom took me into the voting booth and we cast the ballot together in a state-wide election. What a contraption that mechanical voting machine was! And do you know, over the years since, I have never failed to vote in but one election. When parents think their kids don't take these things in, my mind goes back to the occasion.

Thanks for your wonderful post, Monica.

Clef

I am really glad you got to visit Monica.

accompanist/organist.. a non-MTNA teacher to a few

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)
D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Rich Galassini
The Broad St. route is actually shorter, but it has lights at every block (not well timed I might add)

I think this is understated! laugh

Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission