2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (brennbaer, Bellyman, Barly, 1957, btcomm, Animisha, bobrunyan, 14 invisible), 1,996 guests, and 343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
N
N
Thanks for the comments everyone. I wanted to respond to two in particular,

Originally Posted by Monica K.
52. Norrec (Tim) - Beaming Sunlight I didn’t recognize the title of this piece, but when I heard you play it, it was immediately familiar. (I know it by the name “Rakuyou”). Gorgeous melody. I play it with a lot more pedal than you do, but then again, I play everything with a lot more pedal. whome

It's funny you should mention more pedal, becaue when I was having trouble getting it to sound good while recording I turned to the pedal as a 'crutch'. I found I didn't have to be very fluid because if it took longer to get to the next key it didn't change the sound much. I recorded a version like this but it felt like I was cheating, so I kept at it till I could get a decent normal recording. I did find one spot that the pedal was unavoidable, where my left hand had to go from G in the middle C octave down to the last D on the keyboard(my keyboard only had 76 keys). The pedal made a huge difference here and I can't see anyway to keep the piece sounding 'right' without it.

Originally Posted by PianoStudent88
52. Norrec (Tim) - Beaming Sunlight. An intriguing little piece. Welcome to the recital, and congratulations on stepping beyond Alfred's 1, and on recording! For your next step with this piece, you might want to experiment with the balance of the hands: make the LH softer and let the RH sing out more.

I agree on the balance of the hands, though I think it comes across worse in the recording then in person. That was the first thing I noticed when I listened to the MP3 instead of the keyboard, but decided to leave it as was(time was running out). I've also listened to your recording of Ivan Sings multiple times now. A few more listens and it'll be getting added to the "to learn" list. This list is getting very long now.

I suspect I won't do a write up of all of the entries because my feedback would be the same for all of them, "Sounds good, I have to raise the bar for the next recital."

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
54. lyricmudra - Sheep May Safely Graze (from J.S. Bach's Birthday Cantata) I haven't heard this for so long - thank you for choosing this piece! You have the perfect touch for Bach - light and exact. This was a delightful listen of a beautiful melody and performed with assurance.

53. notbach - To a Wild Rose (Op.51 No. 1) You've put such a pleasing feeling into this piece. I've always liked this one and your interpretation is no exception. Beautifully done, especially on short notice! Lovely!

52. Norrec (Tim) - Beaming SunlightCongrats on your first ABF recital! Very pleasant listening! It's charmingly played. Since I'm not familiar with the original - maybe a little pedal to make everything flow more evenly? Other than that, splendid work. Keep it up!

51. Clemente - Andalucia Oh, I love this melody! Nice job with the left hand throughout - pretty tricky, but you kept that important rhythm flowing nicely. Excellent on the hight register second section. Your piano sounds wonderful! All around, pretty impressive.

Think less - play more

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
6. Mr Super Hunky -- There is love (The wedding song)

I enjoyed your noodling! Great job and I commend you for learning a song by ear.

7. SwissMS -- Chopin Nocturne in Eb Op. 9 Nr. 2

Beautifully and sensitively played! I thought you did a great job with the pedaling too -- sometimes waltz patterns can be difficult to pedal.

8. CarlosCC -- Ambers

Very pretty melody -- thanks for sharing!

9. Diana -- Raymond - Theme from Overture

Wow, 5 months experience, really? You're doing great! Your precision and attention to detail is admirable. I wish my students could do that after 5 months smile.

10. Recaredo (Ricardo) -- Piano sonata No 25 Op 79. Second movement

Nice job! I don't think it sounds too hard for you at all. Something that will help in the beginning section (and when the same theme returns later on) would be to bring out the notes on the main beat and make the other notes softer. For example, in the RH in the first bar there is a dotted quarter, quarter, eighth, quarter, eighth. Try making the eighth notes softer than the quarters and see if you like how that sounds.

Well, after a day and a half of reading, watching, listening and writing... all extremely enjoyable, this is what I think...

01. wouter79 - La Poule (Nouvelles suites de pieces de clavecin, No.12)
This sounds like a fun piece to play. Excellent dynamics and interpretation. You did make it sound like a “poule.”

02. dannylux / Mel - Bortkiewicz Lyrica Nova Op.59 No.3
I can see why, as you said, you have submitted four of his compositions. This is a beautiful melody. You play this composer’s music very well.

03. BenPiano - Prelude Op. 17 No 6
Scriabin is not an easy composer; which is the reason a shy away from his music. You handle him well. I liked what you said… “It is Scriabin, so it doesn’t really matter.” laugh

04. Jazzwee - Invitation
You never disappoint with you your jazz pieces. This is yet another interpretation of yours that I totally enjoyed. It is obvious that the people at the church enjoyed it as well.

05. Inlanding - Glen - Warum? Op 12 No 3
Wonderful melody fron Schumann. You did capture it and your abilities are just fine. Your Dad is proud, I am sure.

06. Mr Super Hunky - There is love (The wedding song)
This is a beautiful, soft piece. You played it very well, so your “noodle method” does work!

07. SwissMS - Nocturne in Eb Op. 9 Nr. 2
This is a great performance this beautiful (not easy at all) piece. Thoroughly enjoyed your performance. Just like you, I started taking lessons again in 2011. smile

08. CarlosCC - Ambers
I love this type of music. It relaxes me…great for a rainy day listening, at least for me. smile This type of music is not easy because you need to get the “mood” (for a lack of a better word) across to the listener. You accomplished just that.

09. Diana - Raymond - Theme from Overture
For having taken lessons for only five months, you have done an excellent job!

10. Recaredo (Ricardo) - Piano sonata No 25 Op 79. Second movement.
You have got talent! I think that creating this sound after one year and six months of playing is awesome!

11. Jazztpt - Lament
Even if you had not said that that the tune was inspired by the loss of someone close to you, that emotion came through in your playing. I enjoyed very much listening to your music. Loved the title, by the way.

12. (Was)TrueBeginner - Goodnight Kiss
What a lovely melody you composed. Lovely performance as well!

13. kenjazz - A House Is Not A Home
WOW! Professional quality stuff. Loved you arrangement of the arrangement. cool It does not feel like a first attempt at anything. You simply nailed it.

14. Amaruk - Sur le fil
Yes, you did the piece justice with your performance. Wonderful melody, and it does sound challenging at times.

15. Sam S - Prelude and Fugue X WTC1
You are right… Bach is so clever… and difficult, I have to add!! I know about those trills as well; they kill me every time. Very enjoyable performance!

16. Peyton - Mazurka #4 in A Minor
This piece brings back memories of Smirnova. This was the first piece that I tackled with her after coming back to taking lessons again. I loved listening to you play it… and you are right, it is difficult… especially since most of the thing is supposed to be played legato without pedal. Yikes!!!

17. ladypayne - A New Change
You wrote a beautiful melody and I enjoyed listening to your performance. I also enjoyed the Alaska story. smile

18. Riddler (Ed) - Slaughter On Tenth Avenue
Great performance, and I am sure that Mrs. Calabash would agree. thumb

19. Greener / Jeff Green - Schindler's List - Theme
I liked your performance of this theme, and I also enjoyed the information you offered about the film. Good stuff!

20. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Rigaudon & Entree
Loved your idea of “a puzzle fitting together.” You played this very well.

21. timmyab - Moment musical Nr.2
I have always liked all of the 6 Moment Musicaux of Schubert. You did a great job playing No.2!

22. Lady Chen - Nocturne in E minor, op. 72, no. 1
This is one of my favorite Chopin Nocturnes. I agree about the life experience part… in comes in handy while playing this sort of music. You played it very well, and I know that the piece is quite difficult.

23. MrPozor - Minuet in A minor - Z649
Four months of self-teaching. Well, you did progress just fine for being self-taught for only four months!

24. Monica K. - Fairy Tale
This is the type of music that I like for down time, or when I want to relaxand enjoy my surroundings. You just accomplished that with your playing. I smiled when you said that it looked easy on paper, but… LOL! That always happens to me. blush

25. Cookie74 - Invention No. 4 in D minor
Another Bach very well played. Excellent!

26. Mile Hi Steve - Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
I have always admired people who could play difficult by ear…and not just the melodies, but intricate harmonies and accompaniments. I enjoyed your playing very much.

27. Bobpickle - June (Barcarolle)
None of the Tchaikovsky “Seasons” is easy. Therefore, “June” is not an exception. Your interpretation of this challenging piece is awesome for only 8 months experience.

28. joangolfing - The Poet Speaks
Beautiful performance of this lovely Schumann piece.

29. Mar_red - Rosemary's Baby - Lullaby
I do like your rendition of this piece. It is a beautiful tune and you played it very well.

30. cscl - Bagatelle in G minor, Op. 119, No. 1
Beautifully played! Good luck in you new home/city!

31. jotur/Cathy Turner - Dill Pickle Rag
LOVE… LOVE ragtime music! You have inspired me to revisit this genre. Excellent playing! BTW, I am glad that no one died in the library. LOL!

32. TrapperJohn - Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again (from "Phantom...")
“then in the solitude of the cemetery with snow beginning to fall…” What an image that was. It helps in listening to your performance and experiencing the mood. Loved the story and the lyrics. Excellent!!

33. knotty - Petite Fleur
You have a very, very professional sound. Somehow the melody sounded familiar. I like the “Latin Jazz flavor,” or as you put it, “bossa.” I like Sydney Bechet’s music very much. I came across his stuff while I was in college.

34. Andy Platt - Prelude in E Minor (Opus 28, No 4)
You played this very well!! Excellent execution of the base chords; which is what moves this piece forward… it is all in the chords of the left hand. My wife is learning this piece at the moment. I will ask her to listen to your performance.

35. Newman - Desperado
I liked your playing and your singing. Very well done!

36. Copper - Ave Maria
I played Burgmuller when I started in the 70’s, but I never came across this beautiful piece of his. I enjoyed listening to you play it.

37. Jake S - Ah Vous Dirai-je Maman
Playing the 12 variations separately and then merging them is quite all right. I know that for me it would be a monumental undertaking to record thirteen minutes of continuous playing without making mistakes; with the red dot capturing my every move. Yikes! eek You did an awesome job with these (not so easy) variations.

38. Augustina - Touched
Nice, soft, calm interpretation. I enjoyed your playing. I did not notice anything wrong with the tempo or the rhythm.

39. Sand Tiger - Ashokan Farewell
Wow! You have been playing for 5 months and you transcribed this piece. Hats off to you. You did very well!!

40. Serge88 - What'd I say
Playing it half the tempo of Ray Charles gives it a distinct flavor, which I liked. I liked the drum track as well. Excellent performance!

41. Starr Keys - It Goes Like It Goes
Loved your playing, your singing and your photos on the video. Wishing your Mom good luck with the results of that procedure.

42. CMohr - Imagination
Lovely tune. Lovely interpretation. Happy Birthday to your Mom on her 90th birthday. My Mom is 92. smile

43. ClavBoy - Prelude No. 1 C Major BWV 846
Very good! When I learned this piece, for some reason, I found it horrible to memorize… and it is not easy either. You played it very well.

44. Ken. - Light Blue
Challenging Thelonious Monk. I tried ‘Round Midnight and dropped it because I found it too difficult. blush I enjoyed your playing very much.

45. daveindenton - Theme from Schindler's List
Played with emotion! Excellent performance!!

46. MaryBee - Sonata in C minor, K.457, Mvt.1
It was a pleasure listening to you play this Mozart piece. Laughed at your comment about the “drunken uncle singing.” laugh

47. DadAgains_Daughter - Invention in F Major
Really good!! If this is now, just imagine how and what she will be playing in a few years time!

48. DadAgain - Prelude and Fugue XX - A minor
Well played Bach!! This stuff is never easy. Just like in your case, trills are also my Nemesis. I enjoyed your performance.

49. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - Dance of the Blessed Spirits
I have only heard this piece orchestrated. You did an excellent job with this piece!

50. Falmc - Sweet Sereny
You composed a very beautiful melody. I am sure that it sounded just as beautiful in its original form for the guitar.

52. Norrec (Tim) - Beaming Sunlight
How nice and soft… I enjoyed listening!

53. notbach - To a Wild Rose (Op.51 No. 1)
Beautiful piece of music. You played it very well.

54. lyricmudra - Sheep May Safely Graze (from J.S. Bach's Birthday Cantata)
My wife has many Bach favorites, this is one of the top ones. Very enjoyable performance.

55. RedKat - Waltz, B minor, Op. 69 n. 2
One can never go wrong with Chopin, and this is a favorite. Excellently played!! I agree with what you say about the length and the red dot pressure. eek

56. Grouchomarx - Hungarian Rhapsody 2 Lassan (no Friska)
A very nice interpretation of this famous Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody. I enjoyed it very much.

57. Tiago84 - Prelude in E minor (Op28 No4)
Five months!!! Simply beautiful playing!! In five more months you will be playing his Ballade No.1! This is another one my wife needs to listen to.

58. AndyMc - Riverlights #1
Your composition and your playing are both beautiful. I admire the talent for creating original compositions. This is excellent.

59. yohyrral (= Larry Hoy) - Three Themes for Piano
Another original talent to be admired. You said, “played by ear.” I do not know if it means that you never put pencil to paper and wrote this down. If that is what you meant, you should think about writing your music down. cool

60. BillM - Try A Little Tenderness
I liked your rendition of this old standard without the Otis Redding finale, as you said. As always, you singing and your playing are very enjoyable.

61. PianoStudent88 - Ivan Sings
I am not familiar with this work by Khachaturian. I did like the way this sounds, and that reflects on the way that you played it; which is excellent. Now I am curious about the rest of the pieces in the set. I will look it up.

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to all the performances and reading the information accompanying each of the entries. I missed out on that the last two times. Hopefully, life will not get in the way of this much fun again... just hoping... Thank you to all the performers. WELL DONE!!

Clemente

Be careful about wanting to reach the top because once you are at the top, the only place left to go is down.

[Linked Image]

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
31. jotur/Cathy Turner - Dill Pickle Rag

The title cracks me up! laugh
The performance is spot on. thumb

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Inlanding, SwissMS, Tiago84, Clemente, and Strings & Wood - thanks! If people tap their feet or laugh I feel like I've done half my job laugh I debuted this in real life for the Alzheimer's unit on Sunday and they liked it, too smile

Thanks again.

Cathy

Cathy
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
13. kenjazz - A House Is Not A Home Oh yeah! This is what it's all about! cool I loved every second. I love how you varied your approach while staying within the same context - very tasty improv, and some really nice fat chords thrown in. (I'm a huge Hazeltine fan, too.) Just fantastic! Encore!

14. Amaruk - Sur le fil Beautifully performed! Really great cross hand work making those high notes give off the faint echo. I love the somewhat wistful/mysterious mood of your playing in this piece.

15. Sam S - Prelude and Fugue X WTC1 For a work in progress, it's coming along spectacularly! The transition to the presto: (loved the presto!) - I bet Bach didn't play it the same way every time smile. Good control. My favorite part is the fugue. You really played this smoothely and let each voice sing - just wonderful! (No video? I was waiting to follow along. laugh )

16. Peyton - Mazurka #4 in A Minor A favorite mazurka of mine, but there are so many favorites.....I think you definitely put your personal stamp on this one. Super interpretation. You made it danceable and dramatic at the same time. Loved it!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I was sorry to miss out on this one, but work coupled with my son's Little League Summer schedule has been somewhat overwhelming recently. I'm starting a vacation now, and my son's Little League team lost last night in the semifinals, so I should have some time to listen and comment.

01 wouter79 - La Poule (Nouvelles suites de pieces de clavecin, No.12), Rameau
A beautiful performance at a nice lively tempo, wouter. Nice clean recording and playing.

02 dannylux / Mel - Bortkiewicz Lyrica Nova Op.59 No.3, Bortkiewicz
Lush, romantic, beautiful. A moving performance.

03 BenPiano - Prelude Op. 17 No 6, Scriabin
An interesting piece. With its dissonant harmonies I imagine learning it is challenging. You play it well.

04 Jazzwee - Invitation, Bronislau Kaper
The piano is a bit overwhelmed by the bass and drums in this recording, but it sounds good. I am reminded of a jazz ensemble performance at the college I attended (many years ago). The performers answered questions afterward. A trumpet instructor asked Dick Hyman if he thought the piano was too loud in the mix. Hyman's reply was classic. "I guess that depends on whether you're a piano player or not."

05 Inlanding - Glen - Warum? Op 12 No 3, Schumann
I really enjoyed the way you bring out the different voices in this piece. Nice.

06 Mr Super Hunky - There Is Love, Paul Stookey
This is a truly beautiful song. I like your version. It's lush without becoming overwrought.

07 SwissMS - Nocturne in Eb Op. 9 Nr. 2, Chopin
Beautiful! This is one of those pieces that, well played, can bring a tear to my eye. You did.

08 CarlosCC - Ambers, Helen Jane Long
I am not familiar with Long's work, but this is nice. Weell played with feeling and a deft touch.

09 Diana - Raymond - Theme from Overture, Ambroise Thomas
I didn't think I'd heard this one, but it does sound familiar. Nice timing throughout, Diana.

10 Recaredo (Ricardo) - Piano sonata No 25 Op 79. Second movement, Beethoven
Learning new music is never a mistake, Ricardo. That you put your heart into this shows in the dynamics.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
#56. groucho- Hey, mighty fine playing. Especially with only a few years under your belt.

#55. redKat- I never tire of listening to this waltz. I agree, just a beautiful piece. You do a real nice job with it. Great feel and nice rubato.

#54- Lyricmudra- Wow...You play this so well. I'd love to hear it again when you feel you are finished. Seems pretty perfect already.

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member

50. Falmc - Sweet Sereny Lucky friend to have a song written for her! What a perfectly lovely melody. Your "accompanists" were just right, too. But it's too short - I wanted it to go on. I enjoyed this very much - a beautiful song you've written!

49. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - Dance of the Blessed Spirits I know this, but didn't know the title. Great job getting this recorded and sight reading to boot! You definitely put the right feeling into the piece. Lovely melody and very nice playing.

48. DadAgain - Prelude and Fugue XX - A minor Oh yes it is musical! This P & F sounds so "Bach-y tricky". You did a fine job keeping it moving. I think the voices stood out individually, too. Impressive.

47. DadAgains_Daughter - Invention in F Major Amazingly fabulous! You're going to give Dad a run for his money. laugh It sounded just perfect. Brava!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by SwissMS
51. Clemente - Andalucia I am not that familiar with Lecuono. The Spanish flair came through well. I like the varying dynamics and tempo. Nicely played.

Thank you very much SwissMs. Lecuona was a great composer who wrote beautiful music and I am trying to learn as much of his music as I am able to learn, or rather, handle at my level.

Originally Posted by PianoStudent88
51. Clemente - Andalucia. Oooh, dramatic and fascinating from the very first chord! Thanks for sharing this piece.

You are very welcome, and thank you so much for your comments. Andalucía is one of Lecuona's better known pieces.

Originally Posted by Monica K
51. Clemente - Andalucia Oh, this one really took me back. "Andalucia" was my signature solo piece back in my long forgotten accordion days. I had no idea there was a piano solo version of it. The piano version sounds even tougher than the accordion version, and that was tough enough. I'm impressed.

Monica, thank you so very much for commenting. I am so glad that you are familiar with this piece. I did not think that anybody would be! smile Andalucía was originally written for piano solo. You will find transcriptions for every possible instrument solo, bands, orchestration, you name it, it is out there. I would have loved to listen to it being played on the accordion. You are right, it is challenging on some spots, but I am sure that the accordion transcription was just as challenging... as all of his music is. If you would like to compare the accordion version to the original piano solo version, take a look at my video of it. I included the score right alongside my playing.

Originally Posted by Sam S
51. Clemente - Andalucia Loved the video with the split screen - except there were some buffering problems. Your playing was great. Of course if you put the music up there, then I have to comment - you didn't really speed up the middle section. Now I never would have known about it or missed it if you hadn't included the music!

Sam, thank you for taking the time to view the video and for commenting. I do not know what I did while exporting the movie. Usually, when I do this with enough time, I tick the radio button to make it compatible with Web streaming. I do not know if I did that this time because I was rushing. I recorded in the early afternoon the day before the deadline (It said that I had 20 hours to upload my entry). Then I uploaded the film to my computer, separated the audio from the video, sent the audio to Piano World and started working on the video. I had included a link to the video to my web site, and the video was not there yet. So, I quickly finished working with the video (scanning the score, adding it to the video, etc), and uploaded it to my web site without taking precautions for easy downloads, etc. I am sure that the fault for the buffering is on my side. Sorry about that. blush

You are absolutely right, I did not play the second section "molto vivace." I once heard a pianist do this, and I made fun of him... and now I did it, but I am not a professional; and he was! LOL!! I am glad that I included the score because that gives the viewer a chance to see what was played correctly and what was not. In the coming weeks, I plan to correct this and bring it as much close to perfection as I am able. My teacher is coming back from Russia at the beginning of September and my piano lessons pick up again on 9/6. Once that happens, I will have to concentrate on the stuff that she left behind as homework when she left at the beginning of July. It includes some Brahms and more Lecuona, and although I will keep playing this piece until I totally own it, my true focus will be on the other pieces.

Originally Posted by CMohr
51. Clemente - Andalucia Oh, I love this melody! Nice job with the left hand throughout - pretty tricky, but you kept that important rhythm flowing nicely. Excellent on the hight register second section. Your piano sounds wonderful! All around, pretty impressive.

Thank you, CMohr. I am glad that you love the melody. It is catchy. smile Yes, it does get pretty tricky at times, but it is doable. Back in December I was saying to myself that this was beyond me. In January I was saying that I would never be able to put the two hands together and make it sound right because of all that polyrhythm stuff, and now it is at least at a pleasant-sounding level. If you like the melody enough to learn the piece, send me a PM...then go to my web site and get the fingering! laugh

Clemente

Be careful about wanting to reach the top because once you are at the top, the only place left to go is down.

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
02. dannylux / Mel - Bortkiewicz Lyrica Nova Op.59 No.3
I don’t know what I was expecting when I saw the title of your submission but I sure wasn’t prepared for such a wonderful, lush, romantic and well played recording. This is an outstanding effort.

03. BenPiano - Prelude Op. 17 No 6
Another well crafted and nicely executed selection and performance. You obviously put quite a bit of effort into your submissions and it shows.

04. Jazzwee - Invitation
I like the “live” recording – I felt like I was among the appreciative audience. Next time why not see if someone could take a video as well – I’d love to see you jamming with your band.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I’m in awe of your pianistic versatility. As with your original works and your fine interpretation of piano standards your skills and love of music show in the way you can make this somber piece sing.

06. Mr Super Hunky - There is love (The wedding song)
I always enjoy listening to your instrumental piano stylings of popular tunes. I’m a huge Peter, Paul and Mary fan (my mom and dad allowed me to take the bus into downtown D.C. to see them in the very early sixties – I still remember it clearly). You captured the spirit of this very nicely – your “noodling” is quite impressive.

07. SwissMS - Nocturne in Eb Op. 9 Nr. 2
A stately and graceful performance of this classic. Your piano has a ringing quality in the higher registers that is very pleasant.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
08. CarlosCC - Ambers
The fact that you could deliver such an emotional performance of a piece that you are not totally in love with says a lot about you as a performer. Well done.

09. Diana - Raymond - Theme from Overture
I like the crispness of your attack. A confident performance for someone playing only 5 months. Very nice.

10. Recaredo (Ricardo) - Piano sonata No 25 Op 79. Second movement.
I’m glad you decided to give this a shot. Your performance is quite polished and moving. You should be proud of achieving such a fine result for a “stretch” piece.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
D
D
Originally Posted by CMohr

47. DadAgains_Daughter - Invention in F Major ..You're going to give Dad a run for his money. ...

"Going to"? No need for the use of future tense here! At the moment I can read better than her, my interpretation on romantic works is better and there are things that I've worked in the past I can play that she cant get anywhere near - but on the stuff she works on, once she's at 'performance' level I cant beat her technical ability!

Defeated by an 8 yr old.... make me sad and proud all at the same time! :-p

Parent....
Orchestral Viola player (stictly amateur)....
Hack Pianist.... (faded skills from glory days 20 yrs ago)
Vague Guitar & Bass player.... (former minor income stream 15 yrs ago)
Former conductor... (been a long time since I was set loose with a magic wand!)
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
#48. DadAgain- I'm going through the pieces at random and felt in the mood for some Bach... You gave me what I was looking for. There is just something so rich and satisfying about Bach. The different voices in this are so complicated but so cool. Nicely done.

G

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member
G
57 Prelude in E minor (Op28 No4) - Chopin - Tiago84
What a great piece to be working on in your first year, Tiago. I'm just realizing now about the two entries of this piece on this recital. See what I wrote for Andy about what this piece does to me. Two is better than one, when it comes to this entry, for me. I just love this composition. A fine example of less is more. Fabulous job, great selection, I really liked it.

31 Dill Pickle Rag - Johnson, Charles L. - jotur - Cathy Turner
What a fun piece, Cathy. Really catchy sound that is bound to put a smile on the face of anyone entering the room I'd say. I like it. I like it a lot. Thinking of venturing into the Rag realm myself now. Thanks very much.

60. Try A Little Tenderness - BillM
This singing business Bill, adds a really great dimension. The feeling you put in to your pieces really comes through, in a great way. Great singing, great accompaniment, great job. Very inspiring ... I'd love to also give a try, but a bit nervous about. Good for you though. I always look forward to seeing you take the stage in the Bar ...

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Well done Glen. The piano sounds really nice. Is this your S&S?

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
42. CMohr - Imagination
There is no doubt we like the same melodies. You have picked another good one.

24. Monica K. - Fairy Tale
A very delicate softness to this performance.

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Big thank yous to SwissMS, Pianostudent88, Clemente and Strings&Wood for listening and commenting on my tune. I sincerely appreciate it! (*Hey Carl, we missed you again this time!)

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission