2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, Barry_Braksick, 12 invisible), 1,851 guests, and 288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Dave Ferris,

I could not agree with something more than that statement. Other than the one where I said I wAs PErfect.... smile That would indeed eliminate trolling. I've been in here about 6 years now and the worst posts have come from people with screwy names that pop in, post something and pop out again just to watch what is said after that. Wish Frank would implement that one.

Jerry, not my real name in a fake world. haha

Jerry Groot RPT
Piano Technicians Guild
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Good point about using our real names... Of course, in some cases, even those who use their real names can get rather nasty at times. And, it is a nice option to be anonymous here if we choose.

Okay, my real name is Ricky Henson... no kin to Jim Henson, creator of the Muppets (though I wish I were smile ).

Why I came up with a silly forum name like Rickster when I first joined Piano World I'll never know. When I took Spanish in high school my class name was Ricardo; maybe I should have went with Ricardo or perhaps Rikki Tikki Tavi. smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Minnesota Marty
Wow!

It seems that this forum has been infected with the same malady which is common in the Tuner/Tech forum.

Bickering - Sniping - Rudness - Cheap Shots - Diarrhea of the Mouth - One Upmanship - Being an Authority on Everything - Vendettas
Hey Gang - Let's consider using some maners and being more civil.

When you feel the need to tighten the laces on your boxing gloves, take it into a PM sparring ring.

Gosh, Marty, that sounds like a lotta fun. Where do I sign up?

Aren't these moaning mona or in this case moaning marty threads really from people who can’t stand to be disagreed with?

They try to cover it up with calls for civility, etc, but at the end of the day they’re pretty much in love with their own opinions and thoughts and those of their buddies and by god they’re just damn sick and tired of anyone disagreeing with them.

Mike

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
In response to the Dave Ferris post, my local on-line newspaper converted from allowing anonymous or pseudonym posts to requiring posters to use their facebook names. The resulting change in the quality of the posting was dramatic (and positive). I would like to see that on PW. shocked

Dave Koenig

Dave Koenig
Yamaha M1A console
1927 Knabe 7' 8" grand
https://sites.google.com/site/analysisofsoundsandvibrations/
Platinum Subscriber
Platinum Subscriber
Originally Posted by Mike Carr
Wow!

It seems that this forum has been infected with the same malady which is common in the Tuner/Tech forum.

Bickering - Sniping - Rudness - Cheap Shots - Diarrhea of the Mouth - One Upmanship - Being an Authority on Everything - Vendettas
Hey Gang - Let's consider using some maners and being more civil.

When you feel the need to tighten the laces on your boxing gloves, take it into a PM sparring ring.

Gosh, Marty, that sounds like a lotta fun. Where do I sign up?

Aren't these moaning mona or in this case moaning marty threads really from people who can’t stand to be disagreed with?

They try to cover it up with calls for civility, etc, but at the end of the day they’re pretty much in love with their own opinions and thoughts and those of their buddies and by god they’re just damn sick and tired of anyone disagreeing with them.

Mike

Honestly Mike you cannot be serious. I can count less than 10 active members (people who have posted over time) since I have became a member of PW (in 1998) that have been rebuked by the owner of the site himself. Remember this?

Originally Posted by Frank Baxter
Mike,

If you were trying to derail this thread with your usual ranting, proffered as though they were expert advice and not just the personal opinions of someone who manages to find something negative in just about any post... you've succeeded. Congratulations, I'm locking this thread.

I'm tired of listening to you whine when you don't agree with someone on the forums, which seems to be most of the time. You are in my house when you are here, show some respect.

Consider that a warning, and know that I don't give multiple warnings.

If you remember I coaxed Frank into NOT banning you around that time Mike. There are moments that I regret that action.

The problem here is that sometimes you have good advice and sometimes you have good insight, but it is so filled with vitriol, bitterness, conspiracy theory, and suspicion (not just sometimes, but consistently). You tend to blur your perspective with unnecessary insults, inaccurate characterizations, and plain negativity that it is often difficult to get to any meat in your posts.

Mike, I have to say clearly that in this thread... and in many others... you are the problem.

I await your predictable insults and vitriol.

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
Visit one of our four locations
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Learn more about the Matchless Cunningham
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M

If you remember I coaxed Frank into NOT banning you around that time Mike. There are moments that I regret that action.

Aw, shucks, Rich, I had no idea. I didn't know you cared. It's truly humbling to have a giant of the piano industry in my corner. I think I'm going to cry. Is lunch still on?

Mike

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rich Galassini

I enjoy Mark's brand of commentary. He doesn't make me cry... how about you?

S
S
Originally Posted by Guapo Gabacho
Originally Posted by Rich Galassini

I enjoy Mark's brand of commentary. He doesn't make me cry... how about you?

Birds of a feather...

Rich, I couldn't agree with you more.

Piano Industry Consultant

Co-author (with Larry Fine) of Practical Piano Valuation
www.jasonsmc@msn.com

Contributing Editor & Consultant - Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer

Retired owned of Jasons Music Center
Maryland/DC/No. VA
Family Owned and Operated Since 1937.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Steve Cohen
Birds of a feather...

That's us I guess, not here for the profit it can generate.

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

7000 Post Club Member
Birds of a feather...

I rest my case.

Here is a prime example of the rudness and sarchasm which people seem to enjoy. And, I'm certainly not referring to Steve or Rich.

Marty in Minnesota

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.
Platinum Subscriber
Platinum Subscriber
Originally Posted by Mike Carr

Aw, shucks, Rich, I had no idea. I didn't know you cared. It's truly humbling to have a giant of the piano industry in my corner. I think I'm going to cry. Is lunch still on?

Mike

Actually Mike, my memory is not what it used to be. I checked my old PM's and I coaxed Frank and the mods. to not ban "TheSockPuppet", although I would have done the same for you. Your posts DO usually have good content.

Also, I would still enjoy meeting you for lunch. In my experience when people are face to face and speak directly many things are communicated differently. Even if you communicated in the same style it would be different in person. I think I would get along with you jst fine in person.

If you are ever in the Philly area, I would love to treat you to lunch. If I am ever in your neighborhood, I hope you would extend that courtesy to me there as well.

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
Visit one of our four locations
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Learn more about the Matchless Cunningham
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Well, I said I enjoy Mark and his far out opinions, and was attacked. If you don't like my posts dude, don't read them.
Birds of a feather...

I rest my case.

Here is a prime example of the rudness and sarchasm which people seem to enjoy. And, I'm certainly not referring to Steve or Rich.

Well, I said I enjoy Mark and his far out opinions and was attacked. If you don't like my posts dude, don't read them.

Guapo, it's Mike and not Mark... unless you know something we don’t.

I think Mike Carr knows he's on thin ice here with Frank. Maybe he enjoys living on the edge, I don't know. I too enjoy his post most of time, when he is not after his opponent with a vengeance. It is not about disagreeing here, it is how we express ourselves when we disagree… I also enjoy reading his stories when he’s in a good mood and in the mood to write. He has his strengths and weaknesses, just like the rest of us.

I suggest everyone go ahead and express themselves and get it out of your system… we are a community here, a family, if you will, and Frank is like the head of our household... this is his forum. From time to time, even family members get irritated and aggravated at each other, but we should still respect each other.

Mike, you are not banned yet, and like Rich, I’d hate to see that happen. Only you can avoid that action…

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Rickster, sorry for the name mistake and no I do not know the gentleman. It just racks my rectum to be jumped by the dealer clique for simply expressing my opinion, one without any snarking.

Last edited by Guapo Gabacho; 08/11/12 02:20 PM.

7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

7000 Post Club Member
Well, I said I enjoy Mark and his far out opinions and was attacked. If you don't like my posts dude, don't read them.

If you don't like my thread dude, don't read it!

Marty in Minnesota

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
"That's the second time you hit me dude",

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6lABHATFHw&feature=related

D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
Years ago after a recital of Chopin Etudes at the Dorothy Chandler, I was able to shake Maurizio Pollini's hand after he came from the backstage area to greet his admirers.

I said , "hey nice job on the tudes dude " ! Boy did he give me a strange look. I thought, what's up with that ? confused

D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
There is never any need to be impolite, even when using pseudonyms on an internet forum.

Originally Posted by PaintedPostDave
In response to the Dave Ferris post, my local on-line newspaper converted from allowing anonymous or pseudonym posts to requiring posters to use their facebook names. The resulting change in the quality of the posting was dramatic (and positive). I would like to see that on PW. shocked

Dave Koenig

Some of us are not on Facebook!

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Rickster
Guapo, it's Mike and not Mark... unless you know something we don’t.

I think Mike Carr knows he's on thin ice here with Frank. Maybe he enjoys living on the edge, I don't know. I too enjoy his post most of time, when he is not after his opponent with a vengeance. It is not about disagreeing here, it is how we express ourselves when we disagree… I also enjoy reading his stories when he’s in a good mood and in the mood to write. He has his strengths and weaknesses, just like the rest of us.

I suggest everyone go ahead and express themselves and get it out of your system… we are a community here, a family, if you will, and Frank is like the head of our household... this is his forum. From time to time, even family members get irritated and aggravated at each other, but we should still respect each other.

Mike, you are not banned yet, and like Rich, I’d hate to see that happen. Only you can avoid that action…

Rick

Ok, I just have to get this out! Frank is head of the household (you said, Rick!) and he has never, EVER given me an allowance! And, that is a fact, NOT an opinion .

There, I feel better.

I don't care too much for money. For money can't buy me love.
-the Beatles

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I've found that to be true too, greeting in person verses anonymous or even just on the net. In person, people are always nicer, well, most people anyway... smile

Jerry Groot RPT
Piano Technicians Guild
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission