2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
30 members (Charles Cohen, Burkhard, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, cmoody31, 20/20 Vision, admodios, 9 invisible), 1,231 guests, and 330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
G
Give the reader a little more intelligence and allow them to decide for themselves the *worth* of the given content of a particular poster. When people jump all over these two, frankly it gives me pause to go back an reevalutate Iyi or David Smith's post thinking maybe I dismissed it too readily. Certainly, if others are giving it so much attention, maybe there is more in their post then I caught on first reading.

Steve Cohen-
It's threads like these, and your constantly calling other posters *trolls*, and rude behavior to them, let alone your CONSTANT SELLING that has this reader currently weighting your contributions much below those of Iyi and David Smith. You are your own worst enemy! eek

Gardener--
Two roads diverged in the woods and I ... I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.(R. Frost)
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
C'mon KB-- we all know you're really Jimmy Hoffa...

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by KlavierBauer:
Good God, there's a clear difference between Iyi and I... I can speak English!
Ummm, ummm, shouldn't that be a clear difference between Iyi and me? :p

Sacred cows make the best hamburger. - Clemens
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Nina:

shhhhhhh!

Matt G:
You are correct sir, and I have remedied the problem.
I didn't say I could write very well....

KlavierBauer

S
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
S
Sorry, no relatives in Seattle. "Cohen" is a pretty common name.

Piano Industry Consultant

Co-author (with Larry Fine) of Practical Piano Valuation
www.jasonsmc@msn.com

Contributing Editor & Consultant - Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer

Retired owned of Jasons Music Center
Maryland/DC/No. VA
Family Owned and Operated Since 1937.

I
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I
To all of you who think I am KB, please don’t be paranoid. laugh laugh laugh
I understand where the assumption is coming from. I never attacked him or had a harsh debate with him.
I have a reason, in my opinion his one of the few members who offers honest and valuable information, besides being realistic in regard to piano‘s categories.
There are other members who also offer great opinions and other who eloquently bent, stretch, spin and twist the true; I have a problem those.
Ok, now is clear there is only one Iyi. cool

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
There's only one? Thank, God! What was that that people used to say about Leonard Bernstein?

Lucy

Member, Red Piano Club
Member, 100 post club

Email: femmedada@aol.com
F
F
smith I understand plays contra-buffoon in his local symphony.

I
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I
smith I understand plays contra-buffoon in his local symphony
I was looking at your profile: Fourthfinger...between the black keys.
Ok.ok
MHH let me guess?
You play fagot at your local symphony. laugh

Gardener wrote:
Give the reader a little more intelligence and allow them to decide for themselves the *worth* of the given content of a particular poster. When people jump all over these two, frankly it gives me pause to go back an reevalutate Iyi or David Smith's post thinking maybe I dismissed it too readily. Certainly, if others are giving it so much attention, maybe there is more in their post then I caught on first reading.
I gave you credit for more intelligence than that.

Why do people have conniptions when these two (and you always see one with the other)post some of there more idiotic stuff?

Very simple. When someone gives bad - and I mean bad, not just differing - information to prospective buyers(which is the thread type they always show up in ), it results in harm to the prospective buyer if they actually follow this advice. Sometimes it results in the buyer trying to find a price that does not exist -Smith is famous for this - or it results in a buyer not considering an appropriate manufacture, or even range of piano manufacture.

Now, of course, some may think this is fun, or maybe they just laugh and go on. But what about the poor buyer who is now armed with lousy information for their piano purchase? To them, it's not too durn funny, but can turn into a snowball of a problem. These buyers come here because they DON'T know, and they NEED help. Sure, caveat emptor applies to the information on this board, but should we tolerate the dissemination of bad information, just because it is the new members responsibility to figure out who the "white hats" are?

And finally, this is THE most visited piano forum on the internet. I'd like to think that it is also the best. And when they help drag it down, it may be funny to some, but it reflects badly on all.

I'll step down off of my hickory stump now...

TNCR. Over 20 years. Over 2,000,000 posts. And a new site...

https://nodebb.the-new-coffee-room.club

Where pianists and others talk about everything. And nothing.
I
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I
Posted by Jolly:
Very simple. When someone gives bad - and I mean bad, not just differing - information to prospective buyers(which is the thread type they always show up in ), it results in harm to the prospective buyer if they actually follow this advice. Sometimes it results in the buyer trying to find a price that does not exist -Smith is famous for this - or it results in a buyer not considering an appropriate manufacture, or even range of piano manufacture.
Jolly recommending a better quality piano it is not bad stuff, actually in the long run, is beneficial for the buyer.
Instead of what a lot of you do, suggesting them to buy crap and making people believe with prepping those pianos will perform close to a quality instrument.
The bad stuff starts when we get insulted by some of you. Show me one post I call somebody idiot, imbecile or stupid as you and many others do.
Maybe harsh or peculiar but without insults unless somebody started

S
OP Offline
S
VERY well said, Jolly.

Piano Industry Consultant

Co-author (with Larry Fine) of Practical Piano Valuation
www.jasonsmc@msn.com

Contributing Editor & Consultant - Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer

Retired owned of Jasons Music Center
Maryland/DC/No. VA
Family Owned and Operated Since 1937.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I suggest we do with iyi and with D Smith the same thing we did in the end with mystic--we became friends with him--and he completely stopped posting.

Just a thought.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by iyi bir piano:
You play fagot at your local symphony. laugh
This is exactly why no one likes you. First off, your jokes (after which you always include a smiley emoticon) AREN'T funny.

Worse, they are insulting.

And you wonder why no one takes you seriously.

penny

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Didn't know it was common. I had never heard the name before, outside of this forum.

For off-topic discussion, please feel free to visit www.coffee-room.com
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Maybe Tom is right. But doesn't anyone else sense that there is an isolated person behind the pugilistic facade who is using a perverse approach to making contact? Maybe he needs to consider that it is rarely established here that one is completely right or completely wrong. He needs to consider honing his social skills and acting less like the provocative, attention seeking schoolyard bully. I feel sorry that he sells himself so short.

Lucy

Member, Red Piano Club
Member, 100 post club

G
G
Jolly-
I understand where you are coming from and agree. I just think Iyi and David Smith do THEMSELVES in by their posting style--it results in a dismissal for they have quite a crass way of expressing themselves. But when people on the forum then debate with them it ends up giving a new reader the idea that 'geesh, these guys must have hit a nerve on this subject' resulting in lending credence to an otherwise dismissable post.

What I mean by giving the reader credit for a little more intelligence is.....those who are in posting wars with these two aren't the only ones who see them as you do, or Steve Cohen, or lb etc. From the way I've always read them, I would think very few could see them any other way.

Originally posted by Jolly:
I gave you credit for more intelligence than that.
So you can now return to your previous interpretation of my thinking skills without fretting. laugh

Gardener--
Two roads diverged in the woods and I ... I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.(R. Frost)
Gardener wrote:
So you can now return to your previous interpretation of my thinking skills without fretting.
Sorry, my interpretation has always been that you are a thinking, independent minded person. :p

I understand what you are saying, and I see merit in the viewpoint.

It is just so frustrating to let some of the wilder statements go unchallenged...

TNCR. Over 20 years. Over 2,000,000 posts. And a new site...

https://nodebb.the-new-coffee-room.club

Where pianists and others talk about everything. And nothing.
When types like iyi bir, David Smith, Sadam Hussein et al, appear on this Forum, I respectfully suggest we should not even merit their pathological folies with as much as one single response.

Every textbook about psychology of the mentally impaired would suggest that prolonging or encouraging those specific stimuli directly associated with or actually reinforcing the condition of neurosis becomes sadly counterproductive to the very prospect of recovery and/or healing of the patient in the end.

Hospital staff:

SILENCE.....

... PLEASE !!

norbert

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Norbert,

You are right on (as usual) wink !

Lucy

Member, Red Piano Club
Member, 100 post club

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,166
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission