2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, Burkhard, benkeys, 17 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 252 of 370 1 2 250 251 252 253 254 369 370
Griffin, thank you for the video of Adwadagan Pratt ... that was truly outstanding ...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Great postings, everyone! PJ - love those Muppets! thumb

Well, I tink I saw my first hummingbird of the season today..:)

HUMMINGBIRD (Seals & Crofts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98LaApCB4l8

Last edited by Elssa; 05/21/12 01:40 AM.
Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Another light has gone out! frown

Requiescat Robin in pacem.

This has always been my personal favourite BeeGees song.

Richard

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Richard, you beat me to it. Yes, we are losing so many great people.

I also love that pre-disco era. Great song and footage.

Currently working on: F. Couperin - Preludes & Sweelinck - Fantasia Chromatica
J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
1930s upright (piano) & single manual William Foster (harpsichord)
[Linked Image]

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Thank you for the BeeGees post, Richard. So sorry for the loss of Robin, a great artist.

R.I.P.

Carl

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Gawd, I remember hearing this on the radio oh so many years ago.

Currently working on: F. Couperin - Preludes & Sweelinck - Fantasia Chromatica
J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
1930s upright (piano) & single manual William Foster (harpsichord)
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
It is Victoria Day in Canada today, so I figured I should post something in the spirit of it. Check out this brilliant, and very strange, outtake from Gould's recording of the uber-famous Goldberg Variations.

P.S. If you don't know a Quodlibet is a contrapuntal combination of two distinct melodies, which in this case is the God Save the King and the Star Spangled Banner.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks for posting the Robin Gibb videos.. All their music is so amazing and much loved. heart

Well, here's something I've been trying to play on piano lately..

Do You Know Where You're Going To? Diana Ross

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I really really am sad that one of the brothers Glibb has died. i am so sad I have wept real tears made of blood from my ears and eyes and anoos.

Obviously the reasoning behind this latest and apparently retarded bout of sadness is due to selfish self interest by yours truly and not motivated by any real sense of loss for another human soul that has recently exited this mortal coil.

I say self interest., yes I am sad that we will obviusly be hearing nothing but glibb brother grim in the near future on the radio, telly, and they will probably make a sqeaky dog toy no doubt in the shape of a man with very small testies, vis a vis one robbing glibb brother.

The money raised will go towards the upkeep of robbing glibbs eternal falsetto vocal chords that have allready been torn out by scientists and encapsulated in resin as a future warning to sperm doners not to attempt heeby geeby songs without wearing a truss.

I am still enjoying the fact that elvis the "King" passed away while trying to pass a large one on the toilet with a burger in his hand, now that they have stopped playing his songs all the time on the radio and telly, but it took much too long.

And I cant wait around for very long for this glibb thing to recede into the background clatter of the twenty first century mainly because i am getting on in years and my brain cannot contemplate either a heaven or a heck with robin glibb in it, in effect I am now more terrified of dying than I was as a small child.

I dont know whether to be good or bad anymore, supposing I am good and glibb is up there when I die? Then what? can I ask the almighty if I can go downstairs instead?

But then again, if I carry on being a very bad man and glibb is downstairs when I die, then I have effectively wasted my whole lifes labours to achieve a warm afterlife with people i care about all around me.

OOOH fantasic, glibb being a catholivc may have gone to purgatory or limbo, both of these places I have no intention of visiting due to misapprehensions about seating arrangements.

Limbo sounds really bad for me pesonally because of my bad back, I cant bend down very far.

Purgatory sounds bad as well in fact in sounds so bad that it may be good enough for the sadly departed and not so very vocal now are we glibb brother, and especially so if I keep being bad because I will go downstairs instead hopefully.

Except of course it troubles me that Michael Jackson may be downstairs because of some stuff he got away with when he was nearly still alive on this earth to do with paying parents off for silence.

This is confusing, I just considered being good at the last moment to get a ticket to heaven, even if its just in the stalls, but then remembered donny osmond will be there, unless of course he really was too friendly with his sister as folk have allready sussed.

Muat remember to talk to PPP about how to become an atheist, it appears so much safer in the long run, and the dead stay dead which for me personally is a big plus.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
Originally Posted by Rostosky
I really really am sad that one of the brothers Glibb has died. i am so sad I have wept real tears made of blood from my ears and eyes and anoos.

Obviously the reasoning behind this latest and apparently retarded bout of sadness is due to selfish self interest by yours truly and not motivated by any real sense of loss for another human soul that has recently exited this mortal coil.

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by KeysAngler

[/quote

[Linked Image]

Last edited by piano joy; 05/23/12 09:05 AM.

I don't care too much for money. For money can't buy me love.
-the Beatles

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Methinks there is a certain guy in the Walsh countryside who loves Robin Gibbs as much as he loves hearing my jazz! I guess I can live with that.

Okaaaaay, quickly moving along! I've only got time for one post today. Too many other things to do. Here is Marvin Gaye with "Got to Give it Up"

Carl

R
R
My jaw just dropped watching this supernatural performance:

[video:youtube]NY5WPFLTFGY[/video]

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Sorry dudes and dudettes but you would not want me to lie would you?

I did not like robin glibb or any of the heeby jeebies at all even when they had just been created in the lab and hadnt yet done me any personal harm. (that came later)

Robin used to steal my sisters pants off the washing line, I was allways chasing him away and it wore me out as he was very fast at leaping garden walls.

He never gave them back or said he was sorry even when he got to be the richest man in the world by singing at folks so much they gave him money for old rope, which incidently , he gathered when he was younger by stealing folks whole washing lines as well as ladies pants.

once when I shouted after him "go away you strange man and leave my sisters panties alone" he started singing the very beginings of "staying alive" back at me.

I dont like bullies, especially pant stealing bullies.

AND the song "staying alive turned out to be a big lie after all didnt it? as he didnt, which has just been proved beyond reasonable doubt by his recent failure to stay alive.

I dont like lying pant stealing bulllies.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Sorry dudes and dudettes but you would not want me to lie would you?

I did not like robin glibb or any of the heeby jeebies at all even when they had just been created in the lab and hadnt yet done me any personal harm. (that came later)

Robin used to steal my sisters pants off the washing line, I was allways chasing him away and it wore me out as he was very fast at leaping garden walls.

He never gave them back or said he was sorry even when he got to be the richest man in the world by singing at folks so much they gave him money for old rope, which incidently , he gathered when he was younger by stealing folks whole washing lines as well as ladies pants.

once when I shouted after him "go away you strange man and leave my sisters panties alone" he started singing the very beginings of "staying alive" back at me.

I dont like bullies, especially pant stealing bullies.

AND the song "staying alive turned out to be a big lie after all didnt it? as he didnt, which has just been proved beyond reasonable doubt by his recent failure to stay alive.

I dont like lying pant stealing bulllies.

Rossy, I can certainly handle you're not liking Robin G. and my jazz. After all this is RST, and I can go right ahead playing some of those things knowing there are others who may like it (or not).

As for the history with Robin that you mention I can understand these deep seated feelings you are harboring. In all truthfulness, however, I've told you a million times not to exagerate! laugh

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Just heard this one on the radio... haven't heard it for a long time and thought I'd post a YouTube video. Hope you enjoy it. smile

Aretha Franklin - I Say a Little Prayer

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rupak Bhattacharya

WOW!! She is amazing Rupak. My device prevents me from seeing the name of the pianist. Who is she?

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Good morning! Elssa, I loved the Aretha Franklin post. I thought I'd follow it up with something from Otis Redding. Here's "Try a Little Tenderness."

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

I only have time for one more. I've always enjoyed listening to this one by King Harvest, "Dancing in the Moonlight"

Off to work I go! Have a good day everyone!

Carl

R
R
Originally Posted by griffin2417
Originally Posted by Rupak Bhattacharya

WOW!! She is amazing Rupak. My device prevents me from seeing the name of the pianist. Who is she?

Neither the video nor its description show her name. There are several other video of her performances from which I got her name: Hiromi Uehara.

Page 252 of 370 1 2 250 251 252 253 254 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission