2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, Burkhard, 16 invisible), 2,121 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Dave:

All I'm asking is if there was an arrangement made to get a new keyboard. The keyboard was to be made by Kluge in Germany and your cost was to be Euro 2000,00

This was agreed between you and Brodmann.

Is this correct?

Norbert

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Norbert
Dave:

All I'm asking is if there was an arrangement made to get a new keyboard. The keyboard was to be made by Kluge in Germany and your cost was to be Euro 2000,00

Is this correct?

Norbert

No, Norbert, it isn't.

When I have written by my hand to the factory, I have asked for a "replacement keyboard", without mentioning a particular keyboard factory brand (perhaps the dealer made that, but I don't) and without knowing whether it was possible.

And I remember that I have been surprised (not in the sense of "happy") when the CEO said: "We usually use Kluge keyboards and we pay 700-800 Euro for it" because Kluge it's not only for Artist series, but also I haven't asked for it directly.

I could suppose now that it's the dealer that has made some "messes" behind me, not the factory.

D
OP Offline
D
It was honestly incredible to me that a fine person like the factory CEO could made broken promises.

And now it all going to add up: the dealer has made perhaps a lot of strange things or requests in my name to the factory (it's in his own "style") making a great mess.

Frankly: whatever keyboard the factory could give me, I would be grateful.

I just want an un-reworked keyboard because those technicians "killed" my grand piano keyboard saying that it was cheap, bad worked and practically useless.

D
OP Offline
D
The factory chief technician last e-mail of March proves that we had not yet talked about price or anything else:

Dear Davide,

Christian has forwarded me your mail.

Don't worry we haven't forgotten you! Your keyboard has been ordered and I spoke with Kluge last week
at Frankfurt. They are working flat out at the moment and have some back orders to get through before they
can do yours, so we must be patient a while longer.

As soon as I have more details, like the final price including shipping, then I will send them to you.

Where would you like the keyboard sent to? Please let me know the shipping address and a telephone number
as well please.

I will keep in touch and let you know more soon.

With best regards,

Colin.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Davehammerklavier
It's very simple and quick:

- the first time I was very disappointed by the OFFICIAL distributor broken promises (of months):
I felt the factory offer just teasing

- the second time I said Yes, but no one have come. They said after "When he will be in Italy", not "We send you a technician".

I repeat: I'm nobody's fool.

Hi Dave,

Nobody is calling you a fool. I would think that Brodmann should have sent a tech out by now. That seems to be a big disappointment. Maybe Norbert can get the guy to come quicker?

It just seems absurd that if you've had a faulty keyboard and maybe other issues, that no one can help you if the local distributor is not useful.

What else can be done?

Recordings of my recent solo piano and piano/keyboard trio jazz standards.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Dave:

Is this correct?

Norbert

Norbert, is this normal? Why can't his keyboard be replaced if it was faulty, even after he tried to get a number of techs to fix it? Is Brodmann unaware of the problem somehow? Or is it that since the other techs got involved they (Brodmann) feel that they are no longer responsible?

Recordings of my recent solo piano and piano/keyboard trio jazz standards.

Dave said this:

- the first ("famous" and very costly) technician I called, re-worked the keyboard in a so bad way that now it's simply worse than new

Did Brodmann accept this "worse than new" keyboard replacement request from you as a warranty claim?

Why then was there mentioning of a price to you at all?

Norbert

Last edited by Norbert; 05/13/12 10:23 PM.

D
OP Offline
D
What I don't understand is why Dave had earlier agreed to pay anything for a keyboard that was not the same as in his piano.

How did this come about?

Norbert

Because I EVER WANTED FOR AN ORIGINAL KEYBOARD FOR MY GRAND PIANO.

(HOW can I say something if you understand something else?)

PLEASE: read again my words above and after (if possibile, if you want, if you can) try to help me because I'm desperate.

(HOW can I say something if you understand something else ever?)

Because the accounts given to me what really happened here are very different from yours.

Obviously one needs to hear from those directly involved in the conversations that were going on between all parties - you're only being the one part.

Regretfully I can't help in this case any longer.

God knows I tried....

Norbert frown

Last edited by Norbert; 05/13/12 10:28 PM.

D
OP Offline
D
Dave said this:

- the first ("famous" and very costly) technician I called, re-worked the keyboard in a so bad way that now it's simply worse than new

Did Brodmann accept this "worse than new" keyboard replacement request as a warranty claim? Why then was there mentioning of a price to you?

Norbert

Because I ASKED PERSONALLY TO PAY THE NEW KEYBOARD FOR A MATTER OF RESPECT, FOR PREVENTING THE DANGER OF BEING REGARDED AS A NUISANCE (they are very busy people) AND REMOVE THE POSSIBILITY OF MORE WASTING OF TIME.

D
OP Offline
D
(HOW can I say something if you understand something else ever?)

Because the accounts given to me what really happened here are very different from yours.

Obviously one needs to hear from those directly involved in the conversations that were going on between all parties - you're only being the one part.

Regretfully I can't help in this case any longer.

God knows I tried....

Norbert frown

Today the scenery is totally different (At least to me) and I see your reasons (but only now I can do this).

I understand also why the other accounts have ever been so different from mine: they are busy people and the dealer words and the mine have become the same voice for the factory, even if they were very different.

So, the parts involved have been 3: the factory, the dealer and I. Have you listened to all three? The dealer part lacks obviously... (and I cannot be responsible of his words, but only of mine: it's legally a fact)

Well, anyway... if even after a quite complete clarification (or "revolution") as the one of today, nothing can be done as well, I swear I'll jump from the bridge

(With my grand piano) smile

D
OP Offline
D
P.S.

Regardless of the parts involved, the e-mail of Mr.Taylor proves that there has no have been any agreement yet on the price. This fact suggests that there is still confusion somewhere, perhaps in the factory memories. It's understandable.

I could consult a lawyer: I'm in the right.

D
OP Offline
D
P.S. 2)

If the factory has said me "2000 euro" for the keyboard, I would say "no, thanks, doesn't matter", because in Italy it costs the same, even something less (1650 euro to be precise and for a correct designed one).

Yes, I asked to pay, but I expected to pay for a "trade price" (the "700-800 euro" that Mr. Hoferl said me for example).

You see, I thought it was honest: I don't ask You a warranty support (no price-charge), but as the factory pays it (naturally with shipping and other "disturbs"...).

So there's definetely something wrong in the accounts they have reported.

Good evening.

B
BDB Offline
B
We should be clear about this. There is nothing wrong with the keyboard in the photograph. Even with carefully dried wood, there can be stresses that can cause the keys to deform a bit after they are cut apart. The tolerances in manufacture account for this, and for changes in humidity that can cause the wood to move later. The key pins keep the surface of the keys in the proper relation to one another in the front where it matters. There can be more variation in the back, where it does not. The problem is not with the keys, it is with the person worrying about them.

Semipro Tech
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by BDB
We should be clear about this. There is nothing wrong with the keyboard in the photograph. Even with carefully dried wood, there can be stresses that can cause the keys to deform a bit after they are cut apart. The tolerances in manufacture account for this, and for changes in humidity that can cause the wood to move later. The key pins keep the surface of the keys in the proper relation to one another in the front where it matters. There can be more variation in the back, where it does not. The problem is not with the keys, it is with the person worrying about them.

(You read what you like to read)

I kindly ask the Moderators to do something.

D
OP Offline
D
Anyway.

I see that a (legally warnered) distributor has gone "ahead" and told strange things and requests to the factory. I foresaw it: when I told the factory how the dealer delivered me the piano (an adventure) and at what price, they have grown cold.

So the dealer has tried everything possible to misrepresent me and unfortunately the factory believed him.

However I'm son of a quite respected family (and we are all uncensored, the dealer are not) and I don't care anymore. My father will buy a new keyboard for my birthday.

I'm just disappointed. A year to know that kind of things. It's just shocking.

Accordingly, if necessary it will be a pleasure to speak about the matter in court.

To me this topic can be closed, good evening you.

A
AJF Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
BDB may be terse in his responses but if YOU Davehammerklavier take the time to READ what BDB is saying (in the THOUSANDS of posts on this forum) you'll see that he quite often knows what he's talking about. What would you like the moderators to do? You're the one 'swearing' you'll 'jump from the bridge'--maybe the moderators should direct you to a forum that helps people who are emotionally unstable?

Jazz/Improvising Pianist, Composer, University Prof.
At home: C. Bechstein Concert 8, Roland RD88
At work: Kawai GX2, Dave Smith Prophet Rev2 16-voice
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by AJF
BDB may be terse in his responses but if YOU Davehammerklavier take the time to READ what BDB is saying (in the THOUSANDS of posts on this forum) you'll see that he quite often knows what he's talking about. What would you like the moderators to do? You're the one 'swearing' you'll 'jump from the bridge'--maybe the moderators should direct you to a forum that helps people who are emotionally unstable?

You're wrong. I was just playing down...

D
OP Offline
D
(As above: don't worry!

the matter is finally clear: that was my first target.

I'm not interested in the keyboard anymore).

Thanks, best wishes you

B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by AJF

I often disagree with BDB, but not in this instance. There's nothing evident in that picture that would warrant an entire new keyboard.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission