2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
27 members (clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., David B, Fried Chicken, AlkansBookcase, 8 invisible), 1,163 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
OP Offline
G
This is sorta a follow-up to another post I made earlier...

I was at a shop where the salesman demo'ed a CP-179 (which sounded big and full), then moved over to a CN-43 (which was fairly flat in comparison)...

I was thinking that the biggest difference was the power in the low-end.... so that got me thinking if you could add a sub to the CN43?

The CN43 has line-out/line-in jacks... Could you add a subwoofer to play the low-end and use the cross-over in the sub to filter-out the lows and feed only the mid/highs back to the piano (sorta like a home theater sub)?

Anybody done this before?

Last edited by Go Lobos!; 05/12/12 11:02 PM.
P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
As for a decent subwoofer, add this setup to your piano:

http://www.klipsch.com/promedia-2-1-computer-speakers

It will shake your ******* walls... crazy

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
You could add a complete sound system (not just a subwoofer) to replace the CN43's internal speakers. A pair of speakers and an amplifier can be had for under $100, which will far outperform the internal speakers.

G
OP Offline
G
Yeah, but that's a little different from what I'm asking....

I'm asking if you can supplement the internal speakers with a sub... but do so using the line-out/line-in loop to relieve the internal speakers of having to reproduce the bass frequencies by using the band-pass filter of the sub.

Yes, you can add a sub. But you'll still be stuck with the internal speakers.

For the price of a new sub you can buy used equipment to build a complete sound system that will perform even better.

Example: I bought a 5-channel receiver to drive a pair of 3-way towers (10" woofers) plus a pair of bookshelf speakers plus stands for the bookshelf speakers, all for $197. The sound is better than you'll get in any console, with or without an added sub.

G
OP Offline
G
Well, the reason I'm asking is specifically for the console pianos... I don't have a lot of space where it's going, and having a bunch of additional speakers in addition to the console piano is probably not gonna work. So, if I can add a small sub (I already have an extra one of these lying around) to fill-out the bottom end then that might be better.

The other alternative would be just to get an M6/M10 and get a good stand and monitors (or amp/speakers) which are not too big and put them all together. That "functionally" might be better, but for the room where this would go the console would look better and be simpler (since my kids will be using it).

Back to the main question... Can you add a sub in the loop and use the crossover in the sub to relieve the speakers in the piano from having to reproduce the bass portion of the signal?

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission