2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
37 members (Charles Cohen, Animisha, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, 9 invisible), 1,137 guests, and 316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
OP Offline
L
Hi, I was wondering if my digital piano Clavinova CVP 503 (http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musi...talpianos/cvp_series/cvp-503/?mode=model) would adequately power my headphones.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Can you not plug in the headphones and find the answer yourself?

L
OP Offline
L
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I just ordered them, and they will not come for another week or two.

D
D
I seem to recall when I tried them (well, the K701, which I believe is just a different color) that they had similar power requirements as my HD600s. Going off of that then yes, you should get adequate volume from your piano.

With that said, if they behave anything like my headphones then you'll probably like them a lot more with an amp (even a cMoy or FiiO amp would probably make a pretty big difference, my cMoy certainly did).

Sorry I don't have more specific information; I've only actually used the K701 for music to compare to my HD600s, and recall them needing a similar volume level from my amp. I'm curious what you'll think of them for piano, especially if bass notes sound good since that was my main issue with them (quite detailed but completely missing bass on my setup).

Playing since April 2010.
Kawai MP10
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks for your input. I may just buy an amp if it will really make a noticeable difference (I will see if I can borrow my cousin's E7-9 set). As for the bass, my piano contains an equalizer that can adjust the lows and highs pretty well. Regardless, the Q701s will be a big improvement from my cheap $50 cans.

D
D
Certainly true on the EQ part; and it'll be good if you can try out the E7 and E9. When I tried the K701s I was expecting it to have a little less bass than my HD600s but (again, at least with my setup) it was almost completely lacking. I also rather sensitive to sibilance so they just weren't for me. Still, coming from $50 cans I suspect you'll enjoy them greatly and, if you don't mind the treble, they are certainly excellent at detail retrieval.

Playing since April 2010.
Kawai MP10

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,166
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission