2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (bwv543, Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,172 guests, and 282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 78 of 370 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 369 370
A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member
A
Anyway, off to the grocery store. I will check in a bit!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Ah, I can always make £15 dissapear!! as for 15 pounds, wow that aint much, especially if you needed five to begin with!
that just leaves ten, and whats ten pounds, its only five bags of suger or a large bag of potatoes ( in the uK we get spuds in five pound bags and ten pound bags)

yes actually, I have to agree, continuinly carrying an extra two bags of spuds around could be bad for your heart.
Therefore,
Rossys health advice for today: start smoking again for health reasons.

Does BJ thomas mean the same in the usa as in the UK?
just wondering because Griffin isnt saying and he said it to begin with.

While you are at the grocery store could you pick me up a pack of twenty, and hold them for me for a few days?

I totally trust you not to smoke more than half...

Last edited by Rostosky; 09/27/11 03:02 PM.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Back to serious...........

If you check out anything at all today or this week...
do check this out....

It's totally beautifull.. in my honest opinion...

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Back to serious...........

If you check out anything at all today or this week...
do check this out....

It's totally beautifull.. in my honest opinion...

Incredible.

"You are the music while the music lasts" - T.S. Eliot

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Griffin, (lol) are you sure you are allowed to say "BJ thomas"
on the pw forums? I wasn't quite sure what that may mean in The uSA..

Rossy, I just checked in and could barely contain myself! laugh The only answer I can give to the question (without getting into too much trouble) is "It depends on who you are hanging out with in the good ole USA!" grin

I'll leave it at that!

Last edited by griffin2417; 09/27/11 03:58 PM.

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
you laughed so much you said roosy!! hey that can be a new saying.."I laughed till I roosyed myself" lol Pity Wayne is absent... did you check out the moonlight sonata above??

Beethoven called it quasi una fantasia, this guy makes it ethereal...

It actually brought a few tears to rossys eyes, its unusual to have something that you love anyway suddenly unexpectedly bettered...

well done this guy......

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Yeah, now I wish I hadn't corrected it after I read your response. We do need to have Wayne weigh in on this one too! I'm sure he'll have some interesting thoughts laugh

I've got a short thing to finish right now. I'll be back shortly after I have a chance to hear Moonlight Sonata. Looking forward to it!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Catch you later Griffin... I am off for an hour or two to see if I can fashion an adequate sounding kick drum in abelton.... hmmm, I know what I want it to sound like, but getting what I want is proving tricky...

My guess Is AimeeO didnt make it back from the grocery store without ciggys and now she is racked with guilt.. Rossys fault..
OR,
she bought so many groceries, she couldnt carry them home, and is waiting for a pensioner to appear that she can rope in to carry them in return for a ciggerette.

Or she got early onset alztheimers and forgot what she was going to the shop for , and went ten pin bowling instead because its more fun.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by AimeeO
Don't worry Griffin - I quit 2.5 years ago. I'm not going to do it. But I've been extremely honest with myself since quitting, and I know I miss it. I'm really too cheap to go back, anyway. I look at how much they've gone up in price since I quit and I think it's crazy.

Aimee, congrats on 2.5 away from the cigarettes!! It's quite an accomplishment. I know what you mean about the prices going up. I quit in the 1980s. I'm absolutely amazed at what they cost today!!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Rossy, I loved the Moonlight Sonata! I agree that it's very beautiful! I'm going to check out some of the other things this guy performs when I get more time this evening. Thanks!

Good luck on your efforts with the kick drum sound. One day, you and Wayne are going to have to help me understand more of the electronic side of things with the piano.

I'm holding off for several months until I get closer to my retirement. Right now, I barely have enough time to practice and rebuild my repertoire! I'll check in later!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
night night dudes and dudettes,
sleep well..

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Good morning everyone! It's sunny in my part of the world right now. I'm going to have a busy day. I may not have much time to post. However, I must do this post. It makes me smile and brings me tears of joy. It's all about friends, and I'm definitely thinking about my friends I'm getting to know on this wonderful thread as well as my friends here at home. This one post is for all of you!

Have a wonderful day!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Griffin. Thanks for your beautiful post. Have also a wonderful day you too.

BTW, I loved the videos of Rossy about the glass harp. It's absolutely impressive!

Sadly I’ll never play a glass harp, but in contrast, I’ve ever interested in playing piano four hands; it has to be funny. I wish that I could do it someday.

It would be fantastic to play one of the Slavonic Dances by Dvorak on its original version, for example:

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Evening all, looks like I missed all the fun yesterday! I did get chance to see the moonlight sonata last night however, how cool is that! Coincidentally, the first one you posted Rossy, I saw on TV the night before last, on a program about most viewed YT clips!

As for BJ Thomas, this is my first encouter with him, HONESTLY, but I must say, he sounds multi-talented (he can also sing)!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Recaredo, lovely piece of music... But rossy has to argue with you, but only for your own good: Never, never ever say "I will never play glass harp or armonica" You just never know what will happen in life, you cannot tell what is round the next corner.
One day you may just be bimbleing allong minding your own business and thinking of sandwich choices, you may turn a corner in an unfamiliar town, or a girl may invite you to her flat, and guess what?

There, just round that corner eminates a beautifull sound, you go over attracted by the beauty, after all, you have nothing better to do at that very moment, and there is a guy playing the glass armonica, you watch, he finishes and you say thank you and start a conversation... he asks if you would like a go, as he was just about to pack up for the day anyway...he shows you where the notes are, which are sharps and which are flats...you are amazed and enjoy it.

Or the girl that invited you to her flat... as you are walking there you mention the piano, she asks if you play, you say yes... she says I play an instrument, but doesnt say what... when you get to her flat, you are amazed at the table containing the glass armonica.... again you get to have a go..

One of the most oddest things in this world I have found in all my travels and tribulations, is that just when you think it is immposible that something could happen... it does happen....
In fact, just when you are not expecting that something like this could happen, is exactly when it is most likely to happen.

Mark my words, there will be what folk will call "co-incidental" happenings of glass harmonicas soon enough.. I just bet you.

Spain is a country that has a very good supply of wine glasses, which means there will be many folk who have got into this,in different ways.

But, it might not be tommorrow, or next week, it will be when you have probably just forgotten all about it...

Rossys prediction of the week: Recaredo will one day get the chance to have a go on a glass harp /armonica, probably just when he isnt expecting to.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wayne32yrs
Evening all, looks like I missed all the fun yesterday! I did get chance to see the moonlight sonata last night however, how cool is that! Coincidentally, the first one you posted Rossy, I saw on TV the night before last, on a program about most viewed YT clips!

As for BJ Thomas, this is my first encouter with him, HONESTLY, but I must say, he sounds multi-talented (he can also sing)!

You handled that response beautifully Wayne. wink I knew you would!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Hello folks. I'm on my lunch break, and just checking in. Recaredo, I really enjoyed the Dvorak piano duet. It's too bad we can't do a virtual piano duet in the future. Unfortunately, I have plenty of work with the piano pieces my teacher gave me to work on during the summer while he was on leave. YIKES!! I've still got my work cut out for me!

Rossy, I have to get back to work. However, I'm looking for an Andean post I think you might enjoy. We'll see how much time I can squeeze in today. If not, we'll get to it another day!

Aimee, I hope you're feeling better.

Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday everyone!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I think griffin just said "wayne handled thomas well" but I can't be certain.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Some Theramin, its strange and unusual, its also like a sort of magic instrument. In fact, you know how your not meant to look at your fingers when playing the piano?

Well, with the theramin, theres no where to look at... how odd is that?

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Oh dudes and dudettes, listen to the backing in this track and tell me you dont have one big grin afterwards...
From a very long time ago indded,
The memphis jug band......
Enjoy...

Page 78 of 370 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission