2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
58 members (36251, BMKE, 5stringbanjo, AndrewJCW, accordeur, 18 invisible), 958 guests, and 338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1835356 01/30/12 10:34 PM
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Had an opportunity to stop by Cunningham Piano today - Rich asked me to service a Hammond organ for a client of theirs. Rich was away today so I didn't have the pleasure of meeting him, but did meet many of the people there and look around the showroom. What a place!! Lots of really great pianos and really nice, helpful people.

You've got a first class operation there, Rich!

Ken

Hammond Organ Technician
Piano Torturer
Platinum Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Platinum Subscriber
Dear Ken,

Never in a million years would I have thought that I could use your services like we did yesterday. Thank you!

For anyone who is not aware, Ken Knapp IS Dr. Hammond Organ. If you own one, know of one, or need some troubleshooting, Ken is your man!

I am sorry I couldn't be here to meet you in person, Ken. I know you were focused on the organ repair, but I hope you at least walked part of the showroom. Did you meet the staff? Did you get upstairs to the recital area? Did you tour our rebuilding facility in the other building?

Thanks again,

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
Visit one of our four locations
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Learn more about the Matchless Cunningham
Online Content
It’s nice to read about these “close encounters of the Piano World kind”. laugh

There is no doubt that Ken knows his stuff when it comes to electronics and repairing electrical keyboard instruments in particular. The way I see it, any time you are in a business where you fix something and help people solve problems, that is a good business to be in.

Besides all that, Ken is nice guy! smile

I wish I could visit Cunningham Piano myself! If I’m ever in that neck of the woods, I just might stop by.

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
T
T
What a cozy affectionate business relationship here between the salesman and the moderators.

Platinum Subscriber
Platinum Subscriber
Originally Posted by TheSockPuppet
What a cozy affectionate business relationship here between the salesman and the moderators.

Dear Sock,

I don't think I have ever met a person through PW that I did not like. I have never used Ken before, but if I have the opportunity, I will again. He is professional... and he signs his posts with his real name. smile

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
D
Del Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D

Oh, we’ve definitely uncovered a conspiracy here. Ken visits Rich’s store and comments about it! Terrible! To make matters worse they both sign their actual names—but have we seen their legal birth certificates?—and they both have indicated their industry affiliation. We’re really going to have to watch out for these guys!

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Research, Design & Manufacturing Consultant
ddfandrich@gmail.com
(To contact me privately please use this e-mail address.)

Stupidity is a rare condition, ignorance is a common choice. --Anon
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Yes! *gasp* I think I might repair an organ tomorrow.. or not.. Maybe Rich will demo or sell a piano. I tell you, nothing gets past Mr. Sock Puppet. I hope I never have such a sour attitude... Thanks Del! laugh

And thank you Rickster and Rich! I did get a chance to meet many of the staff, a bunch of kind gentlemen and lovely ladies. Why they offered us refreshments even after it was established that Jason and I were not there to buy a piano!!! Probably because of our cozy affectionate business relationship!! LOL!

I saw the downstairs showrooms and was impressed with them and did not realize what was upstairs. Did not get to see the rebuilding shop, but that can be for next time. It's too bad it's a 3 hour drive one way.. smile

PS - Everyone should check out Mr. Sock Puppet's videos from his link in his sig. He might not say who he is but I enjoyed his playing! smile

Last edited by Ken Knapp; 01/31/12 08:11 PM.

Ken

Hammond Organ Technician
Piano Torturer
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
oh man...another "Cunningham is so great" and "Rich is so nice" thread...

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by BoseEric
oh man...another "Cunningham is so great" and "Rich is so nice" thread...

*ROFL*

You're a pretty nice guy yourself, Eric! smile

Ken

Hammond Organ Technician
Piano Torturer
T
T
Allow me to paraphrase the thread above.

Ken writes:

Rich was away today so I didn't have the pleasure of meeting him. What a place!! First class operation!!

Rich answers:

Never in a million years would I have thought that I could use your services like we got from Ken today. Thank you! Ken Knapp IS Dr. Hammond Organ. Ken is your man! I am sorry I couldn't be here to meet you in person, Ken.

So Rich (salesman) hires Ken (moderator) and Ken immediately plugs him on PW. One unfamiliar with the situation might think of this as tit for tat.

D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
I'll vouch that Rich is a great guy. And, I am very thankful for all the work he does promoting music. Everything from pop and jazz to opera. Rich and Tim seem to be the only people who are putting out an effort at the grass roots level in tri-state area. Again, something I am very thankful for.

"Imagine it in all its primatic colorings, its counterpart in our souls - our souls that are great pianos whose strings, of honey and of steel, the divisions of the rainbow set twanging, loosing on the air great novels of adventure!" - William Carlos Williams
Online Content
Well, the sock is right… I’d do business with Rich or Ken in heart-beat! In fact, I feel like I can trust either of those guys with the greatest of confidence. I’d call that a cozy business relationship. Hey, that’s what you want in a business relationship, is it not? Don’t you want to be able to trust someone who you deal with in business? Someone you know a little something about?

Rich probably doesn’t need the services of a professional organ technician on a regular basis… he knew about Ken through Piano World. Ken knows Rich through Piano World. What the heck is wrong with that? Fact is, I’ll bet Piano World is one of the best business networking forums on the Internet in regards to pianos and the piano industry? Is that a form of advertising? No; it's a form of networking.

Most people join Piano World to ask questions and learn more about all things piano related. The wealth of information from piano industry professionals, technicians, musicians and piano enthusiast is enormous. That is networking.

There are some of the best piano industry professionals in the world who are members of "Piano World". This is a high class forum with high class members… well, mostly. smile

Rick

P.S. Oh yea, I’m not done having my say yet… why is it that some members have to pick on the moderators when they post a thread or have something to say that is not directly related to moderating? The moderators are members too.

Okay, I’m done now… smile

Last edited by Rickster; 01/31/12 09:16 PM.

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Sock,

Well, one could look at it that way. smile Perhaps one could also look at it as, "You were not there, sorry I missed you, nice place.." too.

But no matter, no harm, no foul. smile

Last edited by Ken Knapp; 01/31/12 09:16 PM.

Ken

Hammond Organ Technician
Piano Torturer
Platinum Subscriber
Platinum Subscriber
Originally Posted by Ken Knapp

one could look at it that way. smile Perhaps one could also look at it as, "You were not there, sorry I missed you, nice place.." too)

That is the way I took it Ken. Thanks again.

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
T
T
Not being a moderator or site owner it is not my place to determine the appropriateness of this post.

But it may help reveal where the true loyalities of the moderator are.

I can still hear the smooching noises between Ken (moderator) and Rich (salesman) from here.

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Not being a moderator or site owner it is not my place to determine the appropriateness of this post.

I can still hear the smooching noises between Ken (moderator) and Rich (salesman) from here.

Well, I have tried to be kind and understanding and give you a gracious way out.. But (dontcha love these buts?), you do seem INTENT on making a mountain out of a molehill. You do seem intent on stirring up controversy. You do seem intent on impugning innocent people's reputations.

All that seems to have been revealed (once again) are your motives.

On this we can agree.. You're right. It isn't your place.

P.S. If this WAS a back scratching session then I would thank you for getting it carried from a simple couple posts to more than a dozen and keeping it at the top of the forum. *wink* *wink* *nod* *nod* laugh

Last edited by Ken Knapp; 02/01/12 09:18 AM.

Ken

Hammond Organ Technician
Piano Torturer
Online Content

Sock, though you are entitled to your opinion, you've gone too far. I don't know what your problem is, but you've apparently got a problem here...

Your comment is beyond absurd and ridiculous. Quite frankly, I think you owe Ken and Rich an apology.

I’m not going to lock this thread for Ken’s sake, but I would caution you to be careful what you say from this point on or you will see what else moderators are capable of…

Rick

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
thumb Rick.

I'll vouch for Ken and Rich both and I've never even met them! But I have read a lot of their posts and they know what they are talking about.

Jerry Groot RPT
Piano Technicians Guild
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rickster

Sock, though you are entitled to your opinion, you've gone too far. I don't know what your problem is, but you've apparently got a problem here...

Your comment is beyond absurd and ridiculous. Quite frankly, I think you owe Ken and Rich an apology.

I’m not going to lock this thread for Ken’s sake, but I would caution you to be careful what you say from this point on or you will see what else moderators are capable of…

Rick

Hmm, I seem to recall that this thread was locked yesterday. Curious. Anyway, I do not think that TheSockPuppet is being malicious, perhaps a bit sarcastic but not malicious. He seems to be pointing out that a conflict of interest might be perceived by those that do not frequent this forum as much as many of us do. I have never met Ken but I have met Rich and visited his establishment. Given that experience and how well this site is administered, I would not give the possibility of any funny business going on a first thought, let alone a second.

Now this thread is back at the top. So Ken, you are welcome.

Online Content
Originally Posted by the nosy ape
Hmm, I seem to recall that this thread was locked yesterday. Curious. Anyway, I do not think that TheSockPuppet is being malicious, perhaps a bit sarcastic but not malicious. He seems to be pointing out that a conflict of interest might be perceived by those that do not frequent this forum as much as many of us do. I have never met Ken but I have met Rich and visited his establishment. Given that experience and how well this site is administered, I would not give the possibility of any funny business going on a first thought, let alone a second.

Now this thread is back at the top. So Ken, you are welcome.

The nosy ape, you too are entitled to your opinion. However, I must say that I did perceive the sock’s comments as both insulting and malicious. Either way, it was uncalled for and way out of line and I still think he owes Ken and Rich an apology.

As far as the sock’s notion that Ken’s efforts in repairing a Hammond organ for Cunningham Piano and then posting some positive comments about Cunningham Piano’s operation here on the forum having the appearance of a conflict of interest, how so? Do you and the sock think somehow the fact that Ken is a moderator and did some work for another forum member, that is a conflict of interest? Do you think that Rich bribed or otherwise encouraged Ken to post this thread? Give me a break!

I’m quite sure Ken charged for his services; and, it’s a good thing, because he doesn’t get paid for being a moderator.

As far as the thread being locked for a period of time, there is logical explanation for that too… Ken locked the thread about the same time as my last post, where I said I would not lock the thread for Ken’s sake. Ken went back and reopened the thread.

So, there you have it… is that a conflict of interest somehow?

I have nothing against TheSockPuppet… but any more hideous and insulting comments like the one he posted will likely result in some form of forum disciplinary action by the moderators… (Speaking for myself).

Rick

Last edited by Rickster; 02/02/12 01:05 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How old do you think this piano is? (from hammer felt wear)
by 88Key_PianoPlayer - 08/10/22 09:20 PM
what might exist (a keyboard view)?
by keystring - 08/10/22 05:49 PM
Petrof with pianodisc
by AndreaH - 08/10/22 03:46 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics214,335
Posts3,215,354
Members106,056
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission