2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (AlkansBookcase, brdwyguy, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, clothearednincompo, bcalvanese, booms, 10 invisible), 1,967 guests, and 273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Don't expect a dealer to make you a favorable offer.
Instead, turn it around the other way.
You ought to make the offer yourself.
"I don't think a local dealer will offer me a price I cant refuse."

D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Don't expect a dealer to make you a favorable offer.
Instead, turn it around the other way.
You ought to make the offer yourself.

A reasonable offer might be just splitting the difference between what the online price is and the local price. If they will do that, I think I would go for it.

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
shokz, I too would recommend purchasing a piano from a local dealer, or at least a store within driving distance. Not only will you be supporting the UK economy, you will be minimising the risk of potential damage incurred from international shipping.

And as everyone will tell you, it's absolutely essential to play-test a wide range of instruments before making your purchasing decision - regardless of whether it's a Yamaha, Kawai, or Roland.

This link should provide an idea of the Kawai DP dealers in your area.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
S
shokz Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Kawai James
shokz, I too would recommend purchasing a piano from a local dealer, or at least a store within driving distance. Not only will you be supporting the UK economy, you will be minimising the risk of potential damage incurred from international shipping.

And as everyone will tell you, it's absolutely essential to play-test a wide range of instruments before making your purchasing decision - regardless of whether it's a Yamaha, Kawai, or Roland.

This link should provide an idea of the Kawai DP dealers in your area.

Kind regards,
James
x

(thanks to everyone again for the replies)

The closest dealer is about 15 miles away, I can get access to roland and yamaha models, Its just the Kawai that's a bit difficult

Piano; YDP161
15 miles away = difficult?

Originally Posted by Brian Lucas
I think Kawai is a lot like Kurzweil.

With the greatest respect, Kawai is nothing like Kurzweil.

The only thing the two companies have in common is the initial letter.

James
x

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thomann is not always the cheapest store. I bought my CN33 from a local store slightly cheaper than at Thomann. On the other hand I agree with James. It’s a good value to have a nearby store if you get some issue with the instrument. This can happen with any brand.

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E

Tut. The youth of today. Even shokz's jobseekers would cover the bus ride. Or 15 miles is within cycling radius. Or in a mate's or family member's car. 15 miles = NOT difficult! And well worth it if it means you can try and maybe subsequently choose the right piano.

shokz - put yourself about a bit and try out some pianos! Shops will make you very welcome and you can start to form some of your own opinions about the different pianos.

Good luck,

Steve

N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
I have a KDP80. After about four months it developed clicking keys. I put up with it for a while but it became a distraction.

I contacted Kawai Australia who promptly sent out a technician who explained the problem re greasing of the mechanics. He put additional white grease on every key. Fixed.

While it would have been preferable for there to have been no problem. It was fixed quickly and courteously.

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
Originally Posted by EssBrace

Tut. The youth of today.

Agreed!

Come on shokz, you lazy bugger, get your bike out!

[Linked Image]

Cheers,
James
x

S
shokz Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Haha,I walk everywhere I go, and 15 miles is alot of walking distance, my bike is not in working order,and I dont like public transport, one they are expensive and second you can find some dodgy people in there sometimes. So if I was going to go I'd walk it wink Lets see where life takes me

Piano; YDP161
Based on your posts, you've been looking for a piano for at least three months. It won't take that long to go 15 miles to a piano dealer. If walking suits you, fine. If not, and you don't like public transport, then aren't taxicabs available?

Originally Posted by Brian Lucas
I think Kawai is a lot like Kurzweil.

With the greatest respect, Kawai is nothing like Kurzweil.

The only thing the two companies have in common is the initial letter.

Nonsense, James, they both share a similar vowel sound at the end!

shokz, folks here just don't want you to suffer buyer's remorse. Most of us have been there, and I don't recommend it. Only you can be the judge of whether a 30 mile round trip is too much for you.

O
O
I have a feeling that the problems with the MP10's has to do with rough handling during shipping.

My CN43 was put together and pre-tested before being delivered by a piano moving company.

She's perfect.

J
J
One single positive vote for Kawai Ca63 - awesome DP so far. Obviously no statistics to argue the op's point, but I fully agree with the general observation that far more negative comments are posted to forums than positive supportive ones regardless of the subject.

Between the drums, guitars, and my CA63, I am in desperate need of more hands!
A
A

As the guy who posted the "Received my second damaged Kawai" post I should probably mention that despite of this I'm still looking for a MP10/CA93/CS6. Only this time I'll try getting one from a local dealer rather than ordering online, in an attempt to minimize the shipping-damage factor.

Seeing these trucks come and go throwing that big MP10 all over the place I'm 87.56% sure the damage on these instruments was a resulted of shipping, not an inherent production issue.

Although damaged I did get to play around with the first MP10 and I did get a very favourable impression. The issue with that particular instrument was the one of the "piano" buttons not working, everything else was fine.

In fact, when I eventually receive a working Kawai I will post the news here, hopefully contributing to restoring the somewhat bad rap Kawai is getting around here.

By the way, I ordrered from Thomann. I've found their custommer service to be excellent. But as I said, I'll try a local dealer since I suspect that door-to-door shipping of heavy instruments is not a great idea.

In terms of Kawai statistics on this forum, we should bear in mind that finding a Kawai dealer is probably harder than finding a Roland/Yamaha dealer ( I guess), meaning more people will have to resort to online ordering, again increasing the chances of shipping damage. At least that's my theory, partly based on my own diffculties in finding a local Kawai dealer.

Now, if I could only get to learn in detail the difference between the MP10 and CA93 and CS6...

Anders

S
shokz Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Anders M

As the guy who posted the "Received my second damaged Kawai" post I should probably mention that despite of this I'm still looking for a MP10/CA93/CS6. Only this time I'll try getting one from a local dealer rather than ordering online, in an attempt to minimize the shipping-damage factor.

Seeing these trucks come and go throwing that big MP10 all over the place I'm 87.56% sure the damage on these instruments was a resulted of shipping, not an inherent production issue.

Although damaged I did get to play around with the first MP10 and I did get a very favourable impression. The issue with that particular instrument was the one of the "piano" buttons not working, everything else was fine.

In fact, when I eventually receive a working Kawai I will post the news here, hopefully contributing to restoring the somewhat bad rap Kawai is getting around here.

By the way, I ordrered from Thomann. I've found their custommer service to be excellent. But as I said, I'll try a local dealer since I suspect that door-to-door shipping of heavy instruments is not a great idea.

In terms of Kawai statistics on this forum, we should bear in mind that finding a Kawai dealer is probably harder than finding a Roland/Yamaha dealer ( I guess), meaning more people will have to resort to online ordering, again increasing the chances of shipping damage. At least that's my theory, partly based on my own diffculties in finding a local Kawai dealer.

Now, if I could only get to learn in detail the difference between the MP10 and CA93 and CS6...

Anders

Thanks Anders, Im having doubts ordering internationally, And Im glad you mentioned that you ordered from Thomann!! Because that is one of the main place I was considering ordering from. I think International might be too risky, Im going to try and buy one from the UK

Piano; YDP161
T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
Based on your posts, you've been looking for a piano for at least three months. It won't take that long to go 15 miles to a piano dealer. If walking suits you, fine. If not, and you don't like public transport, then aren't taxicabs available?

30 miles in a taxi? Not a viable option for most people, perhaps. Shokz, why don't you fix your bike? I couldn't be without mine for a day. And you really would benefit from trying these keyboards out first, if only to confirm our opinions here - or to refute them.....

Roland HP 302 / Samson Graphite 49 / Akai EWI

Reaper / Native Instruments K9 ult / ESQL MOR2 Symph Orchestra & Choirs / Lucato & Parravicini , trumpets & saxes / Garritan CFX lite / Production Voices C7 & Steinway D compact

Focusrite Saffire 24 / W7, i7 4770, 16GB / MXL V67g / Yamaha HS7s / HD598
G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
If I were you, I'd get over my fear of public transportation and take a dang bus, or get a ride from a friend. When I lived in Chicago and had similar circumstances to what it sounds like you have, I did both of those in order to get to piano stores.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission