2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
47 members (APianistHasNoName, Bruce Sato, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, AlkansBookcase, Carey, CharlesXX, 9 invisible), 1,871 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
OP Offline
M
My search for a DP continues. I'm gonna get a stage piano because it's easier to move and I get a similar or more advanced piano for less money.

This brings me to one of my finalists: Kawai MP10. I tried out the CA63 and CA93 but they were a bit too expensive. I liked them and liked how the keys felt.

My other finalist is the RD-700NX which I like a lot. The only negatives are the loud keys and the crappy warranty in the US.

Here are my questions regarding the Kawai:

1) I read of people receiving units that were either DOA or had other issues. Have people who bought the MP10 recently had any problems with it? Do you all still think the MP10 is a safe buy?

2) The Kawai warranty is 3 years parts/1 year labor. There's a Kawai dealer approx. 1 hour from where I live. Does Kawai do repairs at home or do I have to send it to them?

Cheers,

Nick

If you don't think too good, don't think too much (Ted Williams)
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
RE 1) I think the early teething issues have been solved now.
As for 2) ... no idea

"I'm still an idiot and I'm still in love" - Blue Sofa - The Plugz 1981 (Tito Larriva)
Disclosure : I am professionally associated with Arturia but my sentiments are my own only.
G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
Someone was just complaining about some buttons not working on a recent MP10 acquisition. I think shipping damage may occasionally still be a problem.

I wouldn't worry about it, though. Kawai fixes or replaces stuff that doesn't work. I had a broken MP8 and they sent someone out to fix it. In other cases they will replace it. But they always leave you happy. And I'm not aware of any complaints of working MP10's wearing out. If it works on arrival, you are good to go.

Having said that, I wouldn't worry about the Roland warranty if I were you. It's not a car. If it works for the first few months, it's not likely to break down for the next subsequent years.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I wouldn't worry too much about either of these two points, nor about the short US Roland warranty. There's lots of other things to worry about instead IMO.

G
G
@2 I have contacted Kawai US rep who said, that their sale network not necessarily overlaps with the service network. If you confirm with them, or with this shop an hour from your home, that they deal also with the repairs, you shouldn't be worried.
I would contact KawaiUS rep to check where is the closest technician that could potentially take care of your piano.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission