2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (accordeur, antune, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, brennbaer, APianistHasNoName, 11 invisible), 1,875 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1813591 12/28/11 06:31 AM
OP Offline
Aside from haunting the forum/s daily, I make good use of PMs (which is on "the other guy's" server, that he pays for).

To be fair about it, is buying something from their store, the best or easiest way to financially help out PW?

Pat / a budding, old(er), R&R keyboardist---

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Back in the good old days laugh there was a way to donate to PW, and if you wanted to you could display a bronze, silver, or gold bar beneath your username to show at what level you had paid. And I thought for awhile there was still a way to donate, but the bars aren't available any more. But now I can't find a way to donate.

So maybe buying something is the best way. Maybe someone else can find a donate button.

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Ah! I found it! In the upper left of the screen there's a Piano World Home link. On that page, in the center section, down towards the end, there's a bunch of little words that are links, and one of them is "donate". Frank has a Paypal account set up there.

But I don't know if there are medals any more.

Cathy

Cathy
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
OP Offline
Cathy,

Not concerned in getting a "gold star" on my homework, to put on fridge at home, in this case. LOL!

But, have thought about this recently; if someone pays for our home here, the least we can do, is "show some love" for the guy running the ol' homestead.

We're here gabbing about piano, & not practicing; but it keeps us off the streets, and from becoming shady characters. You know how musicians are, if left with too much free time on their hands. We come here, to loiter. ;-)

Thanks,
--Pat

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Yeah, this is an area where I think Frank has really hurt himself in the transition to the new software. Having the "badge" on the avatars (which was optional; people who donated could choose not to display the badge) served a useful psychological function of establishing donating as normative; the more people who donated, the more others were subtly reminded of the option of donating.

It also helped to remind the regular donors to keep donating. grin I like to donate every year, but without the badge (which let you see when you donated last by scrolling over it), I forget when the last time I donated was. hmmm... must go check. whome

Frank really ought to set up an automated system that sends out reminders to donors after a year has passed.

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by 6070sMusic
Aside from haunting the forum/s daily, I make good use of PMs (which is on "the other guy's" server, that he pays for).

To be fair about it, is buying something from their store, the best or easiest way to financially help out PW?

Pat / a budding, old(er), R&R keyboardist---

What a wonderfully refreshing attitude:
There's something here of value to me... it comes free... I should support it.

Three cheers, Pat.

"Wide awake, I can make my most fantastic dreams come true..."
- Lorenz Hart
L
L
In the upper left of the screen there's a Piano World Home link. On that page, in the center section, down towards the end, there's a bunch of little words that are links, and one of them is "donate". Frank has a Paypal account set up there.

Thanks Cathy I found it and made a donation.

I'm new to piano and have found lots of good information and also some new perspectives.

Lyn

C

Silver Supporter until Dec 28 2012

Silver Supporter until Dec 28 2012
C
The donation link was easy to find, and easy yo use. So I will continue with one time donations. I find useful info here almost every day, so it is nice to give something back. Thanks to PW I know everything I need to know about buying a piano, so my next donation will be when I get my next piano. Hopefully in a couple of months.

N
N
6070's:

What is PM. Another forum?

Neal

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Monica K.
Yeah, this is an area where I think Frank has really hurt himself in the transition to the new software. Having the "badge" on the avatars (which was optional; people who donated could choose not to display the badge) served a useful psychological function of establishing donating as normative; the more people who donated, the more others were subtly reminded of the option of donating.

It also helped to remind the regular donors to keep donating. grin I like to donate every year, but without the badge (which let you see when you donated last by scrolling over it), I forget when the last time I donated was. hmmm... must go check. whome

Frank really ought to set up an automated system that sends out reminders to donors after a year has passed.

hmmm...my badge seems to have made the transition.

Thanks for the reminder... I need to check as well, I am sure it has been at least a year.

Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Thanks everyone, your support is genuinely appreciated.

The link to our Donate & Support Options is in the links at the bottom of every page of the forums (apparently where nobody looks :-)

It's been an off year for us so every little bit helps.

It may not look it with the ads on either side of the forums, but I can tell you if it weren't for them we might be out of business.
Our regular yearly classified ads are down, as are sales in our store.

I've considered putting out an appeal for donations, but it didn't seem like the right thing to do with all the more worthy causes out there looking for funds.

It used to be (years ago) that Piano World was just a hobby and I could underwrite it when necessary. Now that it's my full time job it's more of a challenge to attract enough business to keep everything going.

Monica K., I might be able to bring the badges back, even though it would be a manual process.

So if you want to help folks, please see our Support Page.

You can also help by suggesting to your local dealer, tuner, teacher, that they advertise in our classified ads sections.

Thanks again everyone.

I hope you all have a Happy - Healthy - Musical New Years!

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Frank,
I am not sure why I still have my original badge, but another good feature of the badge- is when you click on it, it will take you right to the donate Subscribing Member page. Now, if we could just get one click shopping! smile

Also, I agree with Monica on the yearly reminders.

PS,
I just clicked the "Support" link, and see it is a much more streamlined process than the link connected to my badge.

Managing a website most be a bit like untangling fishing line!

Last edited by Strings & Wood; 12/29/11 10:51 AM.

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Hi everyone. If it had not been for this thread, I would not been made aware of the donation needs of PW. Thanks for letting me know. BTW, making a donation online was pretty easy with this set up!

Carl

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Thanks for your help everyone.

By the way, if you'd like one of the bronze, silver, or gold bars displayed under your name, you can either donate via our store, filling in all the details ...
http://www.pianosupplies.com/pianos/Forums_Subscriber.html

Or if you've already donated (or prefer to use the support page) , just let me know webmaster@pianoworld.com and I'll try to add the bar as soon as I can.

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Thanks for the reminder, everyone! I'm glad to help out one of my favorite places to be.

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]

Thanks, Frank. I renewed my donation through the subscriptions page; please add a badge when it's convenient for you. smile

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Thanks Monica K.,
Badge added.

I'll try to get to the other kind folks who stepped up to help soon.

If you "subscribed" to the forums but didn't get your badge yet, please send me an email including your forums name, real name, and the email address you use to access the forums.

webmaster@pianoworld.com

Thanks Everyone.

Best,

Frank B.

This forum and membership levels could be really overhauled.

A super forum, great domain name.. but the overall experience and design could do with lots of work. Much more $$$ could be derived from the (in general) financially and intellectual superior members of this forum and subsections.

Anyone teaching or offering services like this, or spamming their "learn piano" services should be required to pay.

Perhaps I should turn the business brain off, and get back to the music.

but, to the guy who owns this domain.. you could be making bucketloads, but probably don't have the energy, time or coding skills to make this website a retirement nest egg frown

Look at the niche site (BASENOTES.NET) for an idea of how an overhaul can change the fortunes of the admin team.

My 2 euros smile...

Last edited by starbug; 01/01/12 05:57 PM.

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013
500 Post Club Member
Hmm, I can't see a 'Forum Member Number' anywhere.... though the donations form says - several times - it's essential. Does anyone have info on this?

Currently working on: F. Couperin - Preludes & Sweelinck - Fantasia Chromatica
J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
1930s upright (piano) & single manual William Foster (harpsichord)
[Linked Image]

Click on "view profile", Eglantine, and it will be right there at the top of the page. smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission