2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
30 members (Animisha, brennbaer, Cominut, crab89, aphexdisklavier, fullerphoto, admodios, busa, drumour, Foxtrot3, 4 invisible), 1,182 guests, and 269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 142 of 370 1 2 140 141 142 143 144 369 370

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Griffin, Fridge-wise I'm now on level 4, out of 5 levels. Does that sound suspiciously like something Scientological?
There was a tub of lovely juniper and dill Baltic herring that seemed to emit sticky stuff over a wide area... Someone, somewhere has probably done a scientific study of just what perils may be found in the domestic fridge...

I can strongly recommend Bush for household chores. She even sings about a washing machine!

Currently working on: F. Couperin - Preludes & Sweelinck - Fantasia Chromatica
J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
1930s upright (piano) & single manual William Foster (harpsichord)
[Linked Image]

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Are we talking about the same kinda mince pies, Griffin? This is shortcrust pastry in mini pie shapes with a mix of dried fruits etc. for filling? You're welcome to some, if so.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2174/unbelievably-easy-mince-pies

That's actually NOT a good recipe: half the fat should be lard, and then you get an excellent pastry. It took me most of my adult life to discover this.

J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Ah Fridges and Kate Bush.. well there are quite a few "connections" there.

It was a fridge that killed off my elderly aunt Kathleen.
To me as a youth she seemed an immensly strong albeit stick like Auntie.
However, whereas we may look in the fridge and err on the side of caution when faced with something that may have been in the fridge too long, by ditching it, or noticing that the fridge does not seem as cold as it should, elderly folk are oft known for their "make do and mend" Circa 2nd WW attitude and are loath to throw alleged "good food" away.... Apparrently it was this 2nd world war attitude that finally did for Kathleen.

As you may know "Kate" is oft used as an abreviated form for kathleen, catherine , etc and is a very old name, My great Gran was called Kate, (hence her daughter being Kathleen)

Coming to Kate Bush and just why you probably will never get to see her:

Miss Bush, retired to a lovely country property whose grounds reach down to a beach, and became reclusive.
She has a "beach-house" which because of its seclusion, was being used by local adolescent boys and girls to "get to know each other better and enjoy the fruits of love"

Catching a bunch one night Miss Bush sort of flipped and went "on one" calling in a firm to install security cameras in her beach house in an endeavour to stamp out these nocturnal festive frivolities.

On learning of this Authoritarian attitude adopted by Miss Bush, Rossy had to ask these questions:

(a.) What good would the camera do?
(b.) Is she watching every night, and then calling the police and saying "(whiney voice) Theres people doing it in my shed again"
(c) Is she only watching for her private viewing pleasure and not calling the police?

And does she know that many teenage boys only bought her albumns, well, because of "that" Poster?

Rossy should turn into the Roving reporter again and go interview her for PW.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Which poster would that be, Rossy? smirk

Here's Bush's original dance:

and here she performs strage things with a double bass:

Could this have been the thing that set off Madonna, Gaga and all the rest? (see 0.58 etc).

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Ah, this poster Eglantine: [Linked Image]

Allthough for some reason she tried to say, "No, I was wearing one of these":::

http://allisonbrowningbeauty.wordpr...-in-the-70s-two-nipples-were-not-enough/

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

I used to watch this show just for the music! Anyways this is good background for the present wrapping marathon I'm currently engaged in. UGH. Started last night and still have more to go.

This is an awesome place to be. Where else can I go that Rowlf and Simon and Garfunkel are not only known, but loved? You guys rock.

I'm going to go and wake up and do more dreaded wrapping.... I'll read and catch up with you all later....

Becca
Began: 01-12-11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
BeccaBb, One amazing thing to come out of Canada, was the series LEXX ( worship his divine shadow)

Here is Kai, the dead, ex assasin of his divine shadow, playing the last of the brunnen G song on piano in a pub....

Do you remember this series?

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Help! What do you give two biologists for Christmas? I'm lost...

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I can help out there Eglantine, I have just had a bad cold that is nearly gone, If I sneeze few times on a saucer with agar and some sugar on, and keep it warm, I could cling film it up and send it on...
Biologists like these sort of things I believe.
Alternatively , I could send some Rossy DNA, it is very rare and would provide months of interest, It would give them Months of decoding work, and could be used for making Rossy test tube babies.
( this has nothing to do with rekindled interest in the kate bush poster)
Rossy: allways trying to help.

I am not cooking tonight, I will be cooking all day tommorrow , so its dial a kebab time.

Last edited by Rostosky; 12/23/11 02:37 PM.

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

Hi Everyone! I haven't started the fridge cleaning yet. Been a bit lazy. However, I'll be swinging into action soon. Right now I'm still I'm enjoying the time and will be posting a few tunes later. Hmmm, I think I'd better deal with that fridge first, however.

Carl

L

Silver Supporter until Jan 05 2013

L
Finally on vacation until Jan. 3. Now time to catch up on all the Christmas stuff I've been putting off. Just arrived home with a trunkload of groceries and the requisite Christmas alcohol. Now all I have to do (after i find room for all the groceries, which will likely necessitate cleaning out the fridge first) is bake some Nanaimo bars and shortbread cookies, wrap a gazillion gifts and clean the house - no biggie. Perhaps I should sample the alcohol first though, just to help with getting in the Christmas spirit...although the snowfall we had today has finally made it look pretty, while causing a dozen accidents around town. Was thinking of this song on the way home. A bit of a different view of Christmas. I loved Chris deBurgh in my angst-ridden teen years and have most of his records on vinyl, then cassette tape, then CD. I hope he appreciated my contribution to the taxes on his castle.
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dlq6YxmBM7Q[/video]

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
#cleanoutmyfridge is now trending on twitter.

Only kidding!

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
LisaE, Rossys recomendation: drink the alcohol, forget the cleaning. It will only need doing again anyway. Its holiday time!! Chris did not appreciate your tax money for his castle, he has not invited you over to stay as long as you wish...
Rossy has done this, Rossy totally promised on another thread shamelessly entitled "2nd composition" ( to be found on the next page over ) That if rossy ever gets not famous but earns a few quid from his music, then he will buy a ruined mansion or ruined castle, with big fireplaces and will have pianos, and everyone is welcome to come and stay for as long as they wish and play pianos...

SO, you could start up an Adult-angst, and love rossy and his music, so when he does do an albumn, then your tax money for the albumn will be spent by rossy on something that could benefit you...

Chris doesnt care, and he is short. And allthough the tune to "lady in red" was good, the intention and idea behind it was about menstruation, chris never tells folks this, and lets the tax payers think its just about a red dress.

I am not like that, my pieces of music have titles that are long enough to explain things quite thoroughly.

I am not jealous of chris, I feel confident that he will stop beating dwarves with the medication that has been prescribed.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Well it's Christmas Eve's Eve and there is so much music I want to play I think my head is going to explode. How about something Orchestral to begin.

(I hate it when a porch fence can play scales better than I can!)

L

L
I LOVE Christmas Eve in Sarajevo. Funny, just heard it on the way home from shopping! I like the accompanying video!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Well posted polly! I would like to do that one year and borrow young rossys 20kw PA system to emphasise hacking off the neighbours to the max... You have given me the ammo for a plan now!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
WHERE IS WAYNE? if he says he has been cleaning out his fridge...I wont believe it! lol.

"Thanks for inviting us over for christmas dinner rossy, is there a vegatarian option?"

"yes, they can F*** off"

Will do a video of the venison the butcher has just delivered, its big, its bold and its looking yummy.

L

L
You are right, Rossy, Chris is short - and I hated "Lady in Red" - the radio played it ad nauseum - and it's de rigeur at every bloody wedding I've been to. Like Elvis and Gordon Lightfoot, I prefer his "old" stuff. And I did hear he cheated on his wife while she was bed-ridden after being thrown from a horse, so that kind of cast a pall over my affection for him. I am perfectly happy to contribute in any way I can to the purchase of a castle I can come visit and play on a grand piano in a grand foyer (it WILL be a grand piano, I assume?) I've only been "across the pond" once, to London for my honeymoon (Gawd knows that wasn't yesterday!) and would love to see the rest of your lovely isles. Let me know when your CD hits the stores/iTunes, and I'll be happy to purchase it. If I like it. And it's not too expensive.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Thanks LisaE !! I bet chris was the one who put a blackthorn under the saddle in the first place..(An old traveller/gypsey trick, it doesnt bother the horse till the weight of a rider pushes the thorn into its hide , then the horse goes mental, with the rider losing the ability to control it, then you get to buy the "unstable horse" cheap...)

And yes the Music room will be full of grand pianos, proper ones as well (not steinways) like say collard and collards, and bechsteins, and pride of place a pair of Broadwoods. And maybe a couple of Cramer uprights in the bedrooms, in case you get ideas in the night.

Rossys first CD will be cheap enough even for the poorest pocket, and will be available direct from Rossy, no middle mens "tax" to pay. It will come with a unique artwork 12x12 booklet like the old vinyl used to, and a picture of Rossy doing something illegal but amusing. And will be signed with a personal message to the buyer...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
˛.°★。˛ °.★** **★* *˛.
˛ °_██_*。*./ \ .˛* .˛.*.★* *★ 。*
˛. (´• ̮•)*˛°*/.♫.♫\*˛.* ˛_Π_____. * ˛*
.°( . • . ) ˛°./• '♫ ' •\.˛*./______/~\*. ˛*.。
*(...'•'.. ) *˛╬╬╬╬╬˛°.|田田 |門|╬╬╬╬ .
¯˜"*°••°*"˜¯`´¯˜"*°••°*"˜¯ `­´¯˜"*°´¯˜"*°••°*"˜¯`´¯˜" *°Merry Christmas smile

HELLO!!!! Evening all!

Been really busy, still am lol, just callin' in to say hi!

The Piano tuning went GREAT, loved the whole process. Found out more info about my piano, like how to take the keys out etc, and on the first key there was an engraving of the maker of the keyboard! So looking into identifying the piano! The tuner made a couple of minor repairs, FOR FREE. He said that my piano is in real good shape and made particularly well for it's type! I'm a happy chappy! He's also been reserching it's origin for me and emailing me, how cool is that! The best Xmas Pressie, EVER!

The only down bit is that since the tuning, I've had no time to really sit and play it properly, but had a tinker and it actually feels like a "different" piano, might take me some getting used to, I dunno.

Gotta nip back out in a bit, will be around for an hour or so wink

Page 142 of 370 1 2 140 141 142 143 144 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission