2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
47 members (Craig Hair, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, Davidnewmind, 4 invisible), 1,250 guests, and 275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 138 of 370 1 2 136 137 138 139 140 369 370
L

Silver Supporter until Jan 05 2013

Silver Supporter until Jan 05 2013
L
I LOVE that video of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps!" But I admit, this version will always be one of my faves.
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nr7v5lLQhHQ[/video]
(not sure if I did that right - first time I tried).

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
LisaE , wellcome, you got it right first time!! Most of us spent ages figuring it out! lol.

Eglantine bought "something" for her Granma for christmas from M&S and me and Mrs R got to talking about what this could be?

Which Brings me to My Christmas warning about "Pants" to all men.

This is how we got there: Mrs R buys her pants from M&S and thought that was what M&S was for..buying pants.
So, she thought Eglantine may be buying Pants for Granma.

This is Rossys warning.
There are three main "types" of pants at M&S.
These being: "elderly ladies pants" ( often very large with heavilly elasticated areas and often thermally insulated)

"Wife and girlfrined pants" These are hard wearing/durable, last forever and ever, turn instantly grey first wash, are relatively inexpensive and come in packs of three.

Then there are "Sexyfuntime Pants"

Here is the jist of Rossys warning:

Never, ever, under any circumstances, not even for a joke, Buy Grandma "sexyfuntime pants"

The worse case scenario for doing so, is that Grandma will be pleased and put them on for christmas day, and show you. ( Sometimes elderly ladies go a bit strange without any sherry)

Never ever, under any circumstance buy wife or girlfriend "sexyfuntime pants" for christmas or any other occasion, as this is a total waste of money....
This is not how to do it at all..

To get wife or girlfriend in "sexyfuntime pants" you have to employ extreme trickery and deep psychology.. This is how its done:

You say " Oh, look at Beyonce, ( or christine aguilaria or Lady Ga ga or britney spears) I bet you have to have a specially shaped body just like hers to be able to wear those sexyfuntime pants"

This should Illicit a response something like this ; " no you dont, anyone could wear those sexyfuntime pants"

Then you have to argue a little ( not too much, you dont want "girlmood" to happen) You just say " You saying you could wear the sexyfuntime pants?"

If the answer is again "yes anyone can wear them"

You have to say "I'm not to sure about that, I dont really understand these things, I'd believe it if I saw it"

Next time you are in town, anywhere near sexyfuntime pants shops, you say, "hey look theres those sexyfuntime pants you reckoned anyone could wear"

And this is how it must be done, just buying sexyfuntime pants and wrapping them up in christmas paper with ribbons and bows and handing them over will result in dissapointment and maybe a yuletide arguament.

What will also never, ever work in the sexyfuntime pants department is saying " If you wear these you will look like britney spears" that is a totally disastrous approach and may result in personal injury.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Go to google.. Type in; let it snow , then hit enter... and just watch! there is a blue button with "defrost" on it if you need to see what you are doing afterwards!

Wow how pretty is that?

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Haha that was neat. Thanks for pointing that out..

BTW: I loved your pants post! LOL Too funny and very true!

Becca
Began: 01-12-11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
try;

Definition for english person

in google lol wink

Last edited by wayne33yrs; 12/19/11 03:44 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
LMAO I choked on my tea over that!

Becca
Began: 01-12-11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013
500 Post Club Member
crazy

A serious question: in which order to put the CDs. I'm just unboxing around 1,300 of them now, with Ikea Billy shelves to put together...

I always used to do strictly alphabetic, but I'm veering towards alphabetic within genres, so as to have genres together, given the numbers.

Currently working on: F. Couperin - Preludes & Sweelinck - Fantasia Chromatica
J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
1930s upright (piano) & single manual William Foster (harpsichord)
[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
How did you find that one out Wayne? It does sort of sum us all up though!...lol.

I remember walking back from the stones at stonehenge one year to a field we were parked up in, allong a little lane, as we walked back a bunch of students was walking towards us...
One guy was talking and the others were listening, as they got closer I heard him say this..

" blah BLAH (couldnt hear the story) , and i didnt want everyone to think I was a C***" at that point we were right next to them.
I couldnt help it, I just said as we passed "why not?"

about six seconds passed for it to sink in, and all his mates fell about..

i think it worked on a few levels, first off , what does it matter if folk do think you are a C...?
and secondly, was he being a c.... but just didnt want folk to think that?

The next time we saw them, this guy pointed at me and said "theres that guy that called me a c..."
But, his mates started arguing with him... " no he didnt, he just said why dont you want folks to think you are?"

A big difference, but hilarious.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Eglantine, it doesnt matter, your harpsichord is most important, dont be ana. just stick em randomly so you get nice surprises when you go looking...
Alphabetical is like trainspotters... very organised but they were anoraks!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Mrs R says by colour, your supposed to do it by the colour of the spine! thats a total girl answer.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Pmsl @your POSTS Rossy, and the google thing, I saw on Facebook a bit back wink

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Eglantine, it doesnt matter, your harpsichord is most important, dont be ana. just stick em randomly so you get nice surprises when you go looking...
Alphabetical is like trainspotters... very organised but they were anoraks!

I agree!

Last edited by wayne33yrs; 12/20/11 05:58 PM.

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wayne33yrs
try;

Definition for english person

in google lol wink

OMG!! laugh I just took a little break from my household chores, and decided to see what's happening on the thread here. Mischief abounds at Google! Too funny! I'll bet the folks at Google are tearing their hair out trying to fix this one!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Well thanks dudes, I am feeling better mostly, it was one of those three day colds...lucky for me.

No, what I was thinking is that if we dont get stupid, like really quickly , we are in danger of having a serious christmas, as there are only a few days left.

OH, anyone fancy a competition,? See who can do the MOST posting actually on Christmas day, to sort of prove who couldnt care about christmas the most???

After all everyone says its about friends and not material stuff, which I agree with, so, My fiendish friends are here, So I for one will be...
Unless PW is actually shut on christmas day? (I know the local garage is for half a day)

Last edited by Rostosky; 12/19/11 06:49 PM.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by LisaE
I LOVE that video of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps!" But I admit, this version will always be one of my faves.
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nr7v5lLQhHQ[/video]
(not sure if I did that right - first time I tried).

I can see why you like this Lisa. Fun! Welcome to this thread. I hope you will do more posts now that you're a pro at posting!! smile Rossy is right. I had all kinds of problems imbedding YouTube videos.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Well thanks dudes, I am feeling better mostly, it was one of those three day colds...lucky for me.

No, what I was thinking is that if we dont get stupid, like really quickly , we are in danger of having a serious christmas, as there are only a few days left.

OH, anyone fancy a competition,? See who can do the MOST posting actually on Christmas day, to sort of prove who couldnt care about christmas the most???

After all everyone says its about friends and not material stuff, which I agree with, so, My fiendish friends are here, So I for one will be...
Unless PW is actually shut on christmas day? (I know the local garage is for half a day)

I'm glad you're feeling better Rossy. BTW, I would have an unfair disadvantage in your proposed Christmas Day competition. I have guests coming, and we are doing ALL of the cooking! That's why I'm busy cleaning right now. Surely won't have time when we have to be cooking.

In fact, I may be so busy, I may not be able to post at all. I am distraught over the fact that I won't even get to do my weekly Classical Sunday postings. I've never missed -- even when I was sick. Oh well, we aren't even a year old on this thread. Exceptions will happen.

Last edited by griffin2417; 12/19/11 07:02 PM.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Eglantine
There was a lovely documentary about George Harrison on BBC4 just a couple of weeks ago....

Great news about the harpsichord Eglantine! Your recollection of Michelle brought up some fond memories I have of that song. In fact, I kept humming it through the day as I did my house cleaning. Rather than subject you to my humming, this is for you! Enjoy!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
well i too am the one doing the christmas dinner cooking , as i allways do all the cooking. But, I can still have my laptop on in the living room and when I bimble in from the kitchen, i can just do a pre-basting post. Then at some point there will be garbage on telly, so a quick post garbage and pre more garbage post.
then there will be unwrapping pressies, and as i am not having any pressies, I can do a quick "not unwrapping pressies like everyone else"

Also, when folk dissapear up to the toilet, after eating to much, I can do a quick "everyones in the toilet so I am not being unsociable "post.

surely christmas day has moments of sheer boredom for others? if so, this is when you can post.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

You're giving me some ideas Rossy! However, I won't make any promises yet about posting on Christmas Day.

In addition to cooking, I've also agreed to play some Christmas music on the piano! What was I thinking to have agreed to this!?! I will insist that the guests sing along so I can let their voices bury any mistakes I might make playing! laugh I have been practicing, however.

I must admit, I do have some Christmas music I had planned to post on Christmas Eve. I'll reconsider. I don't always post on Saturdays.

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I'm off to sleep now folks, good night everyone...sleep well dudes and dudettes.

Page 138 of 370 1 2 136 137 138 139 140 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission