2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, 12 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
jbitt Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I've managed to end up with two digital pianos: an MD Audio DCP-200 and a Yamaha YDP-101. I'm just learning to play, so i have no idea which one to keep and which one to get rid of. To me, the MD Audio's keys seem a bit clunky vs the Yamaha. It is my understanding that the MD Audio has graded hammer action keys while the Yamaha utilizes their Action Effect technology. Other than that, the MD has 64-note vs Yamaha's 32-note polyphony and the MD audio is brand new.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to which piano to keep and which to sell? Thanks in advance for your help!

Jamie

C
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by jbitt
I've managed to end up with two digital pianos: an MD Audio DCP-200 and a Yamaha YDP-101. I'm just learning to play, so i have no idea which one to keep and which one to get rid of. To me, the MD Audio's keys seem a bit clunky vs the Yamaha. It is my understanding that the MD Audio has graded hammer action keys while the Yamaha utilizes their Action Effect technology. Other than that, the MD has 64-note vs Yamaha's 32-note polyphony and the MD audio is brand new.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to which piano to keep and which to sell? Thanks in advance for your help!

Jamie

It's hard to say the Yamaha bust be at least 10 years old and I don't think it was top of the line when new. The M-Audio is not on anyone's "A List". However for your purposes either would work fine. In a year you can trade up to something else.

Both pianos make an attempt at having a piano-like key action but neaither is top-line.

Yamaha certainly has a reputation for reliability. M-Audio's reutation is mixed they make both some great gear and some junk.

Don't worry about polyphony. If you are just now starting it will be some time before you can need to play 8 to 16 notes all at he time time. Look at the music at the end of the next book. I doubt there are 16 notes before the pedal comes up. You can look and count. Even if you go past "note stealing" is only slightly annoying

I'd have to say to play the piano you like. You can like it for any non-logical reason. The point is that you will practice more on an instrument you like and that is what matters.

No one keeps digital pianos everever. Think of them like cell phones and computers. Play either one and in 6 months you will be educated enough to know what you like.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,259
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission