2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (1200s, clothearednincompo, FredrikNilsen, busa, Doug M., 36251, Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, 6 invisible), 1,147 guests, and 257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Hey, thanks for this post. It was very helpful. Yamaha S90XS looks like a good keyboard.

The S90Xs is a great board and I used to use one on stage before the XF came out ...its got a few drawbacks mainly relating to the small display being difficult to see on stage it does not have all the pianos of the XF or the ability to sequence or write custom arp's or access to KARMA which is another reason why I like the XF better these days.

Will re-evaluate my decision on the Kronos after reading some posts here. It looked like a mighty fine keyboard though.

Unfortunately sometimes looks can be deceiving.....the Kronos has great pianos, dp's, synth engines (although to standard patches aren't great.) but poor guitars, pads, strings etc. But when you look at all the quality issues and bug's along with the lack of a editor and any communication from Korg about the long list of issues and bugs, some of which are hardware not software related and the terrible RH3 action. I feel its just too much of a risk to advise anyone to purchase one. Maybe in a couple of years when they have fixed the quality issues and the action it will be a more mature product and a better choice.

"I'm still an idiot and I'm still in love" - Blue Sofa - The Plugz 1981 (Tito Larriva)
Disclosure : I am professionally associated with Arturia but my sentiments are my own only.
A
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Dr Popper
The S90Xs is a great board and I used to use one on stage before the XF came out ...iit does not have all the pianos of the XF

Really? I thought they both had two acoustic piano samples... the CFIIIS (same as the Motif XS and MOX) and the S6 (not in the XS or MOX). Does the XF have some other acoustic piano not in the S90XS?

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by anotherscott
The S90Xs is a great board and I used to use one on stage before the XF came out ...iit does not have all the pianos of the XF

Really? I thought they both had two acoustic piano samples... the CFIIIS (same as the Motif XS and MOX) and the S6 (not in the XS or MOX). Does the XF have some other acoustic piano not in the S90XS?

Yes its got the famous and fabulous S700 piano sample set as a free add on. A far nicer sound in either sample or real life slab of wood format then either the CF111s or the S6B. Coming soon are more even newer acoustic pianos which will also be free updates and they sound pretty great too !

"I'm still an idiot and I'm still in love" - Blue Sofa - The Plugz 1981 (Tito Larriva)
Disclosure : I am professionally associated with Arturia but my sentiments are my own only.
K
K
Originally Posted by anotherscott

Yes its got the famous and fabulous S700 piano sample set as a free add on. A far nicer sound in either sample or real life slab of wood format then either the CF111s or the S6B. Coming soon are more even newer acoustic pianos which will also be free updates and they sound pretty great too !

My regular S90 has the same triple strike S700 sample in it as well and I do have fun playing it even today. However the S90 that I have has 64 polyphony while the S90ES and S90XS both have 128 which makes a difference when adding pads to the piano sound since you will less likely hear not cut-off's. What I had to do with my S90 for gigs is buy the PLG-150AP which added an extra 64 polyphony CFIIIS new concert grand triple strike sample set which was a great addition to my regular old S90. I also have in there the PLG150-VL which I use with a breath controller for expressive modeled sounds of wind instruments like the V-piano.
You can read more about the S90 series below.
http://www.sninety.com/

Last edited by Kona_V-Piano; 10/27/11 12:52 AM.

Roland V-Piano, Yamaha CLP990, Yamaha S90
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
My regular S90 has the same triple strike S700 sample in it as well and I do have fun playing it even today.

I'm not surprised I actually think its a nicest piano sound ever to go into a DP. I am actually thinking of buying a S700 (a real one) I love the slab so much.

Originally Posted by Amon
Hey guys, thanks for the advice. I have decided to go with the Korg Kronos. Unless, someone can convince me Yamaha Motif XF is the way to go. Roland Jupiter didn't feel like it was the type of sytnh I was after and Nord 2 is almost $1200 more than the Kronos.

As I just recently started playing the keyboard and currently own a Casio CTK 4000, I actually don't understand half the stuff you guys mentioned and don't really know how a good professional keyboard should sound and work.

However, hopefully the Korg Kronos won't let me down!

Thanks

Good choice. I have owned a Kronos 88 since July. Best board I have ever owned. I just sold my Motif as the Kronos sounds so much better. I have had no issues with it. The RH3 works fine for me.

Taking it to a recording studio this weekend. Looking forward to recording the pianos.

Best of luck with it.

Kurzweil Forte
Hammond SK-2 with Neo Ventilator
Yamaha CP-4
Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2
Roland Axe Synth
Lenovo X230 tablet running Brainspawn Forte
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission