2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (Barly, 1957, Animisha, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, 13 invisible), 1,916 guests, and 358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by Strings & Wood
Nothing new for me except scales and Hanon, so I will be in the audience this time around.

Hm. Is there not something from an earlier deadline that you could record? Maybe?

Cathy

Last edited by jotur; 10/17/11 12:39 PM. Reason: changed "reward" to "record" - a senior moment there :\

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Monica K.
...I've not yet managed to play through the piece I wanted to use for this recital once without a mistake. ...

I've given up on the idea of ever playing a piece without making a mistake. Even if all the notes are the correct notes, then the dynamics will not be smooth, or there'll be a small issue with the rhythm somewhere, or the melody won't quite standout in a measure.

That was the big lesson from playing live recitals. There's no stopping, no retakes.

Gary
I
I
Well... maybe this time I won't have the chance to participate in the recital, I have moved on recently of my parents home, and I didn't bring with me my keyboard, in my new job I begin the day at 7:00 am and finish 7:00 pm eek I was trying to buy a new digital piano, but nothing yet frown

I haven't practiced in about 2 weeks and I don't know how could response my hands... frown I'm really sad, actually got the songbook I wanted but I don't have nothing to play, I was thought in a song for the next recital after the last one and but now this time... maybe will be impossible... I'm really sad, I could introduce one of my compositions, but my old records use to have some mistakes yet

Well I have to do something for get a new piano soon and practice all the night for recover the lose time... cry

Greetings all the forum!!! smile

N
N
frown
Can you all please state what you record on and which in your opinion is the best machine to use?
Thanks all! smile

I may not play very well, but my heart is there!!!!!!
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Good luck, IRPRONI!

Gary

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by jotur
Originally Posted by Strings & Wood
Nothing new for me except scales and Hanon, so I will be in the audience this time around.

Hm. Is there not something from an earlier deadline that you could record? Maybe?

Cathy

I kind of like the "before edit". smile
Not without serious regression.

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
I have been working on memorizing two pieces by ear. The first one is an original arrangement I thought would be ready for this month's piano bar, but since half of it is vocal accompaniment and, with the exception of my husband, I haven't sung for anyone in 15 years, like the last recital, it's been tougher to pull together then I thought.

The second one, which was the one I intended to use for the recital, is a transcription of someone else's arrangement I heard on youtube which I'd been making good progress with. It's an alternative rock arrangement that required a lot more agressive chordal attack and repetition than I'm used to and which seemed to trigger an old carpal tunnel problem. Consequently, I had to slow down my work on it and save it for the January recital.

I'm determined therefore to use the first one, and with the vocal this time. smile

Last edited by Starr Keys; 10/17/11 03:08 PM.
A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Starr Keys
Consequently, I had to slow down my work on it and save it for the January recital.

Umm, you mean the February recital? (Or perhaps you are not talking about the ABF recitals).

I'm determined therefore to use the first one, and with the vocal this time. smile

Can't wait to hear the vocals smile

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Debussy, 1st Arabesque, warts and all.
A few days of additional practice and I'll turn the red dot on.

Formerly 1WeekPlayer. Currently practicing:
- Arabesque 1. Debussy
- Wiener Urtext Primo collection
http://www.youtube.com/mcasl
A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by mcasl
Debussy, 1st Arabesque, warts and all.
A few days of additional practice and I'll turn the red dot on.

Oooh, good, we might have two of the same if that's what I end up submitting! smile

Last recital there were two Claire De Lune ... that Debussy is a popular guy wink

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
C
C
Originally Posted by crescendo
looking forward to it

it's the first one since I registered grin

ditto

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by noahandgabrielsdad
frown
Can you all please state what you record on and which in your opinion is the best machine to use?
Thanks all! smile

I'm a big fan of the Zoom products as a user-friendly device that's a good value. I've used the H4 and the Q3 and love 'em both. heart

Q
Q
Thinking of doing this, though I am terrified of performance of any kind, even recorded. Will be some Bach invention, sinfonia, prelude, or fugue.

Bechstein Academy 210

Working on: Bach
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sam S
I've been working hard on sonatas by Scarlatti and Clementi - something new for me. They are very different pieces - the Scarlatti is graceful and pensive, the Clementi bold and dashing.
But I was so looking forward to another Mendelssohn! That's okay. I'm sure I'll enjoy either of these, too.
Except when I play them.
laugh

I've decided to do the Haydn Sonata I've been working on. My first attempt at recording pointed out some areas that need work (ornaments, especially!) and I definitely need to speed up the 1st movement. But it's coming along.

Mary Bee
Current mantra: Play outside the box.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] XVI-XXXVI
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MaryBee
Originally Posted by Sam S
I've been working hard on sonatas by Scarlatti and Clementi - something new for me. They are very different pieces - the Scarlatti is graceful and pensive, the Clementi bold and dashing.
But I was so looking forward to another Mendelssohn! That's okay. I'm sure I'll enjoy either of these, too.

Thanks MaryBee. Mendelssohn will return - when I improve a little more.

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hiya everyone!! Been really busy lately (but lurking a little), and plus I haven't really had anything new to say on some of these recent topics (w/out sounding like a broken record).

Anyway, I did a couple of test recordings over the weekend. Although I made lots of "notes mistakes", I was quite pleased with the musicality of the piece. smile

I'm not really a "50-takes-to-perfection" (that would drive me IN-sane) type...I know there'll be some mistakes but I "judge" both myself and others mainly by the overall performance. Not only that...this one will be tough - at my chosen tempo, it's a little over 5 min. (my 2nd longest piece yet) with 2 of the strains repeated 3 times.

...so.... if I do make it in with "that take", I'm happy to say it'll be just the 2nd time that I've made 2 consecutive recitals. I was de-railed previously by the last recital piece that I did. Now, I have this one, and 1/2 of another completed for Feb. I guess a good rule of thumb for making it to the recitals is to always have something in the polishing stages at least a couple weeks ahead of time, and something that's in process (well, duh).

Good luck everyone, and hope to see you all next month. grin

PS-I just noticed I'm inching closer to that 1000-post mark...yikes...lol

YouTube Channel
Scott Joplin Repertoire

Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life.
- Berthold Auerbach

[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by casinitaly
Originally Posted by mr_super-hunky
I'm planing on submitting Joe Bongiornos "Tears of Joy". Re-composed, re-arranged cover version of course. If you like delicate, flowing melodic tunes, this one will give you goosebumps.

Goosebumps....well, that's all well and good - and I have no doubt whatsoever that it will be splendid. However... I'm still waiting for you-know-what!!

Yes, oh yes...."I know what". Be patient, it's coming honey!

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by casinitaly
I'm planing on submitting Joe Bongiornos "Tears of Joy". Re-composed, re-arranged cover version of course. If you like delicate, flowing melodic tunes, this one will give you goosebumps.

Goosebumps....well, that's all well and good - and I have no doubt whatsoever that it will be splendid. However... I'm still waiting for you-know-what!!

Yes, oh yes...."I know what". Be patient, it's coming honey!

Well, dah-ling, you have to admit, it isn't like I nag you about it every day........ but you did promise and it has been quite a while. Sigh........

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member
Looks like I'll be missing this recital. We have some family health crises going on here, and have to be doing a lot of traveling back and forth. It's a very stressful time, so even if I did have something almost ready to record, I don't think my heart and mind would be in it. I will be listening to all of you, though, and look forward to hearing everyone's submissions.

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by CMohr
Looks like I'll be missing this recital. We have some family health crises going on here, and have to be doing a lot of traveling back and forth. It's a very stressful time, so even if I did have something almost ready to record, I don't think my heart and mind would be in it. I will be listening to all of you, though, and look forward to hearing everyone's submissions.

That is a difficult burden. Hope things improve soon.
Carl

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission