2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (AndyOnThePiano2, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, 12 invisible), 2,120 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 74 of 370 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 369 370
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Evening all, hope everyone's good, I'm still hanging around, just been up to stuff!

Rossy, tell me about it, xmas stuff out for sale already, jokers, xmas cards are already out in the shop I work in, not looking forward to when it's dark when I've just finished work, how dismal!

Anyways, I must put the supper on, (cheese, leak n mackrell fishcakes, fries n peas (or beans, I havn't decided yet))

Completely random, but here's my vid for tonight..........

A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member
A
Aren't families fun?
Rossy, when in Mississippi (except the coast, which is almost normal), be sure to talk real slow. Say "Come own" instead of come on, when asking someone to follow or stop messing around. My family spent a few years there. My brother still speaks as if he spent his whole life there, instead of about 6-7 years. I have been know to hang up on him when his pauses are too long, and say that it was so quiet I thought the phone was disconnected.
New Orleans has its own speech patterns. Many residents pronounce "er" as "ah." The chant for the NFL team is "Who Dat?", meaning "Who is that?" They even fight for legal ownership of this mispronounced/misspelled phrase. Sometimes they are confused. The full chant is "who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?" And when they won the superbowl, the fans were still confused and started saying "We dat." I assume that means they beat themselves?
Oh well, at least the food is good.

Here's Jackson (which happens to be the state capital of Mississippi). I happen to like the Reese Witherspoon/ Joaquin Phoenix version from "Walk the Line."

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

Hi everyone! I actually got to have a break at work today! I am hoping that's a good sign that I am slowly getting caught up with my workload.

Enough of this winter and Christmas talk already!! I live in Minnesota and I'm only 800 kilometers from the Canadian border. We're already getting our seasonal warnings about what's ahead. The temps are only around 11 degrees celsius this evening, and we've already started putting on the winter storm doors. Aimee, the Simon and Garfunkel post is too real for me. You do raise a good point about not even getting to experience the change of seasons in New Orleans. We do get to enjoy beautiful fall colors here. I can already see the leaves starting to change colors in very early stages. That is exciting and fun to watch.

I'm done for now. I'm hoping I can squeeze in a few posts on Thursday. However, if you don't hear from me, don't panic. I'll just be working a longer day than today and will post another day.

Rossy, good luck on your phone visit with your Dad.

Good night!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Good Morning!

Here is a related video, if you are interested.

I kinda prefer this next version though . . .(It's a good replacement for your morning cup o' coffee) . . . (I am not sure who's hair is nicer, Dave's or Nancy's?)

(Fun Fact: The guy who owns the rights to "These Boots are Made For Walking" has legally forbidden them from ever playing or recording this song ever again)

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Thanks for the wise words folks, and the best wishes Griffin.
AimeeO , that speech does sound complicated, and I would have to study it a lot before attempting it!!

Funnily enough our lad has his own language, I feel confident that someone must understand it, but its certainly not usually us.

He once said something in answer to a quite simple question, this is what we heard:

"Gronty gurble Pimble bus" Both me and mrs R definately heard him say it, and now we say thats his language, we reckon that his mates must understand grontygurblepimblebus, but we have difficulty.

Text speak is bad enough but teenage mumbling with added slothfull speech apathy is awfull.

And from mumbling to not talking at all....

From the edinburgh fringe festival 2011 one of the funniest acts...

Watch this and wait till the boy gets some folk up on stage at around the 2 min mark (approx)

The boy with tape on his face....enjoy.

Last edited by Rostosky; 09/22/11 04:21 AM.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi folks.

You can imagine how difficult it is "English listening" for non-native speakers.

Anyway, tomorrow is Friday and we could go to a cabaret. Why not?. I've never visited a cabaret, but it has to be funny.

There are several videos on Youtube about the famous Infernal Galop by Offenbach. This version is very good (conducted by Karajan), and the images from the video are still prudent. It’s curious to see how the tastes have changed throughout the time.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
PPP,I prefer nancys version as it was on the radio a lot when I was a kid, me mam used to sing it..

Recaredo,,,,,,, yes, lets so totally go there!!!!

There is nothing better than talented ladies is corsets and stockings, dancing in heels and showing us their undercarriage now and again....

For sheer style and decadence that has never been topped, lets so go Weimer days, oh please bring back the bright young things,
nothing quite compares... well done Recaredo, what a good kickstart to today!!!

Here is my offering.

Last edited by Rostosky; 09/22/11 10:14 AM.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Has everyone seen the new post by PianoWorld, about adverts appearing in peoples posts, if you go back to the begining of this thread, they run all the way through. Piano world reckon that if you edit your posts, then the adverts disappear, but in the older posts, we can't edit them!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Evening Wayne, havent you got adblock? I have!! anyways dont worry none!! hey I just watched a sean bean film, it was a "historical horror" called simply "black death" and obviously set in medieval times..
really really good riveting film.. (btjunkie)

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
lol, watched Sucker Punch lastnight, was watchable, but not really my cup of tea, my dad would probabily like it though! so think I might give "black death" a miss, thnx for the suggestion anyway, we don't often watch films, just occassionally.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
ah, when I thought about it afterwards Wayne, I realised that it may not suit..oops soz an all that.
Black Death is completey different, it has a hint of wicker man about its plot. i wont say more than that dont want to spoil it.

So, what music are you practising at the mo?

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I’ve read the post by PianoWorld. I’ve felt better, as I saw myself as a "sandwich poster" grin .

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Why are you all not running Adblock?? its a free to download firefox add on... dont tell me you are still using internet explorer? run firefox and adblock and you get no adds .... and firefox will block pop ups...

Recaredo, what is a sandwich poster? seriously I dont know...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Downloaded that AdBlocker and it's sort of working, cheers. Errrrr what music am I currently practicing......Lady G - Edge of Glory, almost finished, I do keep going back to Moonlight Sonata and am making progress, to be honest I don't mind if that one takes me a couple of months to do a decent job! In addition, I go back to older pieces I already know, to develop/improve on them!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I downloaded simple adblock for ie9

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Excellent Wayne, glad to hear you are sticking with moonlight! Do you know what a sandwich poster is that recaredo just called himself....???

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I imagine a sandwich advert appeared in his post! (You knew that lol)

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
You could enlighten us with your alternative theories Rossy

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Just change the word “poster” for “man”

[Linked Image]

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
No wayne straight up, I cannot see adds... but will come up with an alternative theory on Recaredos sandwich poster post.

Recaredo said "I see myself as a sandwich poster" so logically he must have just been about to post a sandwich to a friend in the postbox, when he caught sight of himself in a mirror, and had a moment of self realisation, seeing his reflection, and the sandwich poster in the reflection being himself.

I do not know what was in the sandwich that he was posting, i can only hazard a guess, my guess is that the sandwich contained a mixture of seafood, (probably puffa fish, you know the dangerous stuff that only licensed chefs are allowed to prepare as mistakes kill people) and some sort of peppers, and mayonaise, but not cheap stuff, home made probably, with some seasonally available greenery, in a freshly baked wholemeal bread that has sesame seeds on top and is a curly sort of shape, with some olive oil spread instead of butter.

Like i say its just a guess, my other guess would have to be BLT on white bread. a more simple guess and not as elaborate as the first guess and therefore easily dissmissed as unlikely you may say.

Recaredo is a very complicated person and may have a totally different explanation for calling himself a sandwich poster that no one will ever get to know about, because it may be a familly secret and just mentioning it may get him dis-inherited from the estate of livestock he may be due in the future if he behaves and does well in business.

I dont really know.

Page 74 of 370 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission