2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (AndyOnThePiano2, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, 10 invisible), 2,116 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#175455 08/11/08 05:01 PM
R
RSW Offline OP
OP Offline
R
It’s a bit confusing to piano buyers when the piano company has been changing hands several time. Maybe someone could help me…

I’m looking at black Baldwin upright 44” model E100 serial 1576644 MSRP of $6495; but offered at $3699 in Costco. When I go to the www.baldwinpiano.com the E100 model wasn’t even listed. They said that it's the new name for the retired 560E series. It’s manufactured in Nashville, TN… yet, Baldwin’s factory is supposed to be in OH. Baldwin piano is famous for being a bit mellow in tone. This piano is VERY bright in color… it’s not bad, though… just not the typical Baldwin. THAT’S what made me think of “is there something that I don’t know about this piano?”

Should I focus on a used Yamaha build 1970 - 1980 build in the prime years of Yamaha quality for that amount of money?

Any helps would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

rsw
R
R
RSW-You are partially correct about most of the information that you posted, so, maybe I can help clear a couple of things up.

First of all the company has not changed hands several times. The company was sold to Gibson in 2001 and has remained there since that time. The Baldwin model E-100 that you have seen is not the replacement of the 560 series, it is simply a different series altogether. It features the Stealth action and twin peak balance rail as well as a 25 year warranty. Its cabinet design is similar but comes in three different finishes. High Polish Ebony, High Polish Mahogany and High Polish Cherry. The Baldwin piano has never been manufactured in Nashville, that is where the corporate offices are. The manufacturing facility for this model is in Trumann Ark. and has been for 31 years. The factory that was located in Ohio has been closed for over ten years now, but, it never manufactured this particular model. The reason it is not on the website is because it was a fairly new model that came out in 2006 and was never placed on the website. This piano is superior to a used Yamaha and the price is exceptional. Yes, I would buy it over any other piano in its similar price point becuase I worked at Baldwin for many years and I know it is not only a great piano but, at the price you quoted a great buy as well.

Hope this helps

Ric Overton
ric@pianosd.com
PianoSD-San Diego

Ric Overton
Ric@PianoSD.com
http://PianoSD.com
R
RSW Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Ric, Thank you soo much for your input. It's great to hear that from person who had worked with Baldwin piano. I really appreciate it.

Best,

RSW

rsw

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission