2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
72 members (Charles Cohen, AlkansBookcase, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, bcalvanese, booms, Bruce Sato, Carey, 10 invisible), 1,927 guests, and 262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Piano*Dad
I think there is a reason why no moderator has (yet) weighed in suggesting the thread is either off course or at risk of crossing any lines. As far as I can see, we're not actually near any red lines.

So far, all this thread seems to have is a bunch of people talking about a YouTube video, and a bunch of people talking about talking about a YouTube video. And a bunch of people talking about talking about talking about a YouTube video.

So somebody passed off a commercial recording as his own. Big whoop. Recordings on YouTube get mislabeled all the time. There's no quality control on posts or comments, so I think every YouTube video should be viewed with a bit of healthy skepticism.

Also, since YouTube's user account data isn't public, speculating on the identity or motive of the person who posted this video seems a bit silly. At best, you'd be right but unable to prove it. At worst, it turns into a witch hunt and damages a lot of reputations along the way.

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed
Um, Kreisler, the plagiarism case is the other thread .....

We Busted A Youtube Faker

grin

Originally Posted by Kreisler
....So somebody passed off a commercial recording as his own. Big whoop. Recordings on YouTube get mislabeled all the time.....
Also, since YouTube's user account data isn't public, speculating on the identity or motive of the person who posted this video seems a bit silly. At best, you'd be right but unable to prove it. At worst, it turns into a witch hunt and damages a lot of reputations along the way.

Wrong thread, Kreisler!! ha

(It's OK -- I kept getting confused about which was which too!) smile

BTW, we did prove it. grin

edit: I see that P*D beat me to it.... ha

Last edited by Mark_C; 09/16/11 03:56 PM.
Haha! It's hard to tell after so many pages. They start to look the same to me. laugh

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed
Haha! It's hard to tell after so many pages. They start to look the same to me. laugh

I can't tell you how many times I clicked on this one thinking it was that one. Or was it that one thinking it was this one....

BTW let's not let this get lost just because of where K put it: grin

So far, all this thread seems to have is a bunch of people talking about a YouTube video, and a bunch of people talking about talking about a YouTube video. And a bunch of people talking about talking about talking about a YouTube video.

P
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
P
She can certainly play the notes with speed. The B section is way to heavy handed and not voiced well at all. The whole piece feels rushed and not very beautiful. But hey, do you think this anonymous woman has any clue that her playing ability is being picked over and read by hundreds of people? I say knock it off.

Originally Posted by PianogrlNW
.....But hey, do you think this anonymous woman has any clue that her playing ability is being picked over and read by hundreds of people? I say knock it off.

We pretty much did. smile

But y'know, she might mainly be glad just at the fact that she's being seen, heard, and discussed.

That's what I'd put my money on.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by PianogrlNW
She can certainly play the notes with speed. The B section is way to heavy handed and not voiced well at all. The whole piece feels rushed and not very beautiful. But hey, do you think this anonymous woman has any clue that her playing ability is being picked over and read by hundreds of people? I say knock it off.

But YOU just did the exact same thing before you told everyone to knock it off!

"And if we look at the works of J.S. Bach — a benevolent god to which all musicians should offer a prayer to defend themselves against mediocrity... -Debussy

"It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right."

♪ ≠ $

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission