2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, fullerphoto, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, 5 invisible), 1,152 guests, and 290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 53 of 370 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 369 370
A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Not sure which version (Liszt version or the Liszt/Horowitz interpretation). Will investigate later. Fiona is a bit of a trollop when it come to working with people.
Enchiladas sound yummy, Griffin! and everything tastes so much better when you grow it yourself!
How is Moonlight coming along, Wayne? I need to properly relearn it.

We too need groceries. It isn't my turn to go this week. Tonight, we're having pizza. Rossy, all this talk of custard is making me want to make some this week.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Seeing how nobody told me what an enchilada was I went and googled it, obviously it took me to wiki, where there is a picture of enchiladas, that look tasty, I will get some tommorrow or tortelas, they look similar.

I noticed on wiki it said next to the picture "with mole sauce" I jest not...

Now in wales, moles are tricksy little fellows to catch indeed. I do want my first enchiladas to be just so, and authentic, so, (as if I have not got enough to do tommorrow what with fixing the toilet syphon, picking up the laptop from town, getting a weeks shopping in, making custard out of a packet (to eat some and to send the rest to Adeltrout von rutzen)
Not forgetting hoover bags, (thats why the quick hoover at the last min before mrs R's parents came went a tad wrong)

Now I have to get the spade out and start digging up the municiple lawns and the local golf course in the hunt for "Moles"

I dont know how you find time Griffin.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Way back when, thanks to Delia Derbyshire we have this...
But, if you think it was just done on some very early synthesiser, you would be wrong, it was much much more complex than that, in fact it would defy most folks patience to understand just how it was done let alone do it....

If you would like to know how it was done read here....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_theme_music

or just enjoy an iconic piece of tv theme....

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Seeing how nobody told me what an enchilada was I went and googled it, obviously it took me to wiki, where there is a picture of enchiladas, that look tasty, I will get some tommorrow or tortelas, they look similar.

I noticed on wiki it said next to the picture "with mole sauce" I jest not...

Now in wales, moles are tricksy little fellows to catch indeed. I do want my first enchiladas to be just so, and authentic, so, (as if I have not got enough to do tommorrow what with fixing the toilet syphon, picking up the laptop from town, getting a weeks shopping in, making custard out of a packet (to eat some and to send the rest to Adeltrout von rutzen)
Not forgetting hoover bags, (thats why the quick hoover at the last min before mrs R's parents came went a tad wrong)

Now I have to get the spade out and start digging up the municiple lawns and the local golf course in the hunt for "Moles"

I dont know how you find time Griffin.

Sorry Rossy, I'm just about to sit down to dinner. I'll tell you more later about these fabulous enchiladas my other half is just about take out of the oven. Don't worry about the mole. In Spanish, mole is pronounced (mo lay). It's a rich sauce involving tomatoes, and some chocolate. It's excellent. Leave those other moles alone! They are all wrong for this Mexican taste treat!

I've just been called for dinner. I will have more info for you later.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Rossy, I'm just now getting back after spending some time with my other half. I neglected to get a photo of our dinner table. We were both too hungry and wouldn't wait. Since you've seen the wiki description of enchiladas, you've got a general idea. Essentially, enchiladas are tortillas stuffed with any number of combinations, and then covered with a variety of sauces

There are either flour or corn tortillas wrapped around a filling. Tonight, we used flour tortillas which were filled with a mixture of low fat cream cheese, chunks of chicken, onions and pinto beans. They were the fillings for our tortillas. They were assembled into a rectangular baking dish. Our sauce is made with a variety of green chilli peppers, cilantro, tomatillos, poblano peppers, onions, all purred and heated into a sauce. The sauce is spread onto the bottom and top layers of the stuffed tortillas. The enchilada casserole is baked for about 35-40 minutes. I'm not an expert on this. I'm sure I've left out some important ingredients such as spicing.There are lots great recipes on the Internet. There are also corn tortilla enchiladas. That's what I make for a spinach enchilada with sides of pinto beans and Spanish rice. It's what I serve to my vegetarian friends. Wayne, I'm sure you'd approve.

Well, I guess my enchilada comments will have to be my final post instead of music! As they say in Mexico,

Buenas noches!

Last edited by griffin2417; 08/23/11 09:03 AM. Reason: Corrected Spanish spelling

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Dang, reading all this I'm hungry again... laugh

Anyways, one more for the road smile

N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
Way back when,

Rossy, I saw the very first episode of Dr Who and still watch it!

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi guys!

About ancient dances, one of my favourites is La Folía. One can find many versions and variations from this dance. I especially love the Trio Sonata, composed by Vivaldi about this music.

I hope you enjoy it.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Hello Everyone! It seems I got OT last night with a posting about enchiladas instead of music. I hope I didn't make you too hungry Elssa! laugh Loved the Bill Withers posting.

Recaredo, I loved the Vivaldi posting this morning. I had not heard it before. Thanks.

Rossy, you said you don't know where I find the time to garden. I don't find the time. My partner is retired, and has an interest in gardening. I participate by helping prepare and dig the beds up for the new growing season. Also, as I read your food favorites yesterday, my arteries started clogging up just reading it! Dude, get thee to a nutritionist! There is help for this condition! Of course this advice comes from me, who consumed 2 cream cheese filled enchiladas last night! I'm a great role model for you. smile

Well, I am very short on time today, and I'm on my lunch break. Here's my first Oldies post, "Keep a Knockin!," by Little Richard.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Time for a little Doo Wop! Here is Little Anthony and the Imperials singing "Tears on My Pillow."

That's all I have time for today. I'll be lurking, however. Have a great day everyone!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by AimeeO
How is Moonlight coming along, Wayne? I need to properly relearn it.

I love it AimeeO, I've tried a couple of classical pieces, but get bored because I don't particularly like them, this one however is a completely different ball game, I'm planning not to give up on this one, it has even managed to over shadow Lady G (for now)!

Hello to everyone else, hope everyone's having a good day smile

Rossy if it's not too late, while at Morrisons, look out for the old el passo corn tortilla dinner kits (the one where u need to add cheese and chicken) it comes with a chunky salsa, they were on offer last time I went, half price!

They were tops, shared them with the neighbour, who also gave them a good rating!

Last edited by wayne32yrs; 08/23/11 01:55 PM.
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
OK, so I just noticed that this thread keeps appearing at the top of the ABF forum because so many people are obviously fascinated by what goes on in here. If this keeps up it will rival the Chopin thread, which I don't have time to read either.

Can someone please summarize what all 1049 posts are about? Because I don't think I have enough time left in my ever-shortening lifetime to catch up.

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I think Rossy should answer you on that one! I don't think summing up this topic is possible!

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Griffin, anything with cream cheese is good for you. I don't care what anyone says. That and puff pastry.

Wayne, Moonlight is rather addictive. It makes me feel like I can actually play something. It made me so full of myself that I decided that I was going to play all three movements. I kinda crashed through the second movement, and couldn't even play the first measure of the third. Every once in a while, I think, "Oh, I've gotten so much better!" and pull it out again, and am quickly humbled.
I think Gaga would understand your neglect. Did you see where Rossy was clamoring for a mashup? Maybe you can compose Moonlight SoGaga for him for the holidays.

Sam, since this is Rossy's serious thread, I am sure he will do the honors of filling you in when he shows up.

I just remembered this band.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
AimeeO, don't know if you saw this on a thread a bit back, but I think this is my favourite gaga piano mashup. I'm gonna give this a go at some point, I did make a start, but it got put to one side, (not forgotten though)

I wonder if Rossy is still in Morrisons cafe with Mrs R, hope he didn't buy much frozen stuff, it may defrost in the trolley locker, I wonder if Mrs R has the key to the trolley locker on a band around her ankle, like when we used to go swimming?

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
gotta post this...

C
C
Originally Posted by Sam S
OK, so I just noticed that this thread keeps appearing at the top of the ABF forum because so many people are obviously fascinated by what goes on in here. If this keeps up it will rival the Chopin thread, which I don't have time to read either.

cosign

crescendo

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
There are a few folks left in the world who do not know what this thread is about, so before I tell all the dudes and dudettes what went very wrong yesterday I will answer the "what is this thread about?" question.

Answer (a) : Lots of things. (mainly serious as in the threads title, but sometimes not so serious ,just for a change)

Answer (b): Sharing folks reminiscences of music they have and do love , discussing it with others, exchanging pieces of music with each other that folks may not have heard before, generally being extremely friendly, and not arguing at all.

Answer (C) Lady ga ga is as welcome as Bach, as is anything or anybody that gives musicall pleasure to others, or generates interest in music for others.This includes every and any genre of music, from any culture, at any point in History.

Answer (d) Finding our inner fish. Not the most easily understood answer and also not really relevant.

Yesterday went horribly wrong dudes and dudettes, having walked all across town, (about four miles) to get to Focus, we find that focus is shut, it has gone bankrupt.
There is no focus anymore.
This means for the part we want, we have to go even further on another day.

On our massive and unproductive walk yesterday we walked over the new bridge that spans the river Towy, and as we walked over it feeling despondant....this song came to mind....

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
There are a few folks left in the world who do not know what this thread is about, so before I tell all the dudes and dudettes what went very wrong yesterday I will answer the "what is this thread about?" question.

Answer (a) : Lots of things. (mainly serious as in the threads title, but sometimes not so serious ,just for a change)

Answer (b): Sharing folks reminiscences of music they have and do love , discussing it with others, exchanging pieces of music with each other that folks may not have heard before, generally being extremely friendly, and not arguing at all.

Answer (C) Lady ga ga is as welcome as Bach, as is anything or anybody that gives musicall pleasure to others, or generates interest in music for others.This includes every and any genre of music, from any culture, at any point in History.

Answer (d) Finding our inner fish. Not the most easily understood answer and also not really relevant.

Thanks for the explanation - that certainly saved me a lot of time. In appreciation, here is something that gave me musical pleasure today, once I got over the severe reaction to all the pink.

[video:youtube]yzC4hFK5P3g[/video]

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
There are indeed some very unique elements in that song Sam,not least of which is the magicall cupboard on the wall that things seem to come out of, like the bone at one point.
I wish there was a translation of whats going on!
wellcome to the thread, and thanks for adding to the mystique!!
Excellent.

Page 53 of 370 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission