2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
34 members (Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, admodios, 9 invisible), 1,220 guests, and 341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 370 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 369 370
C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by Lain
Originally Posted by Recaredo
Besides motorcycles, the good times from old girlfriends are just for very adult public. I better leave it.

Good night!.

Good night!

Good night a ding ding ding ding ding!

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Magic Griffin, you know, I have allways thought Prince was underated on guitar. Dont know why that should be so, he should play guitar more often.
Thunderclap newman : something in the air.

And scott mackenize.. well what else? San francisco !!!

Excellent Rossy!! Talk about Memory Lane for me. Thanks!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
This will be my last post for the evening, and it will be somewhat different from most of my other posts. Once again, my eclectic tastes in music. I first heard folksinger Nancy Griffith more than 15 years ago during her TV appearance on Austin City Limits. Since then I have seen her in programs sharing the stage with such greats as Odetta, Tom Paxton, and many others.

Here is one of my favorites she sings, "Tecumseh Valley."

Good Night!

Last edited by griffin2417; 07/18/11 12:46 AM.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Good morning! It's Sunday morning and in my household we oftentimes like to relax, catch up on some reading, and listen to some classical music. I'll share just a few of my favorite selections. My first post today is Wynton Marsalls performing "Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F Major, BVW 1047: III: Allegro Assai" with the English Chamber Orchestra conducted by Anthony Newman. Later today I'll post some of my favorites from Memory Lane.

Here is Wynton Marsalis.
[video:youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPpqZXI_vP4&feature=youtube_gdata_player [/video]

Last edited by griffin2417; 07/18/11 12:54 AM.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

My next classical offering is admittedly not the best recording. However, I oftentimes enjoy listening because of the amazing combination of the voice of Kathleen Battle, accompanied by guitarist Christopher Parkening performing Bach/Gonoud's "Ave Maria" at the 1987 Grammy Awards.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
My final classical post is "Spanish Dance No. 1," a duet performed by guitarists Christopher Parkening and David Brandon.

Last edited by griffin2417; 07/17/11 09:06 AM. Reason: Typo

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Have a great day everyone! I'll be checking in later.

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Griffin - great posts thumb

I have always enjoyed the songs of Nancy and remember her appearances on a number of shows including ACL and The American Music Theater on the old CMT network some years ago - this was the show where they had dobroist Jerry Douglas and fiddler Mark O'Connor in the backup band!

And I swear I have a CD of Christoper and Kathleen around somewhere that I haven't heard in years (part of the large collection of Classical guitar recordings from the old days when I was trying to play this beautiful instrument).

Thanks for bringing these back for me!

Trap

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member
A
Happy Sunday!

If I didn't have to work today, I would sit back and listen to this man.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Well what bad night/mornings sleep that was for me, every sunday morning a neighbours dog wakes me very early, it yaps and yaps and yaps, for a couple of hours at a time.
Because this wakes me up before I am ready, I get angry just at the point between asleep and not quite awake.
At this point, I "Invent" things to deal with the dog,
Today I "invented" a "canine trebuchet" with the added lure of steak on the sling part.

Ah well, at least the bad feeling shakes of quickly once I am awake proper.

Pink Floyd, found on the albumn "relics" (but not this version) : Julia dream

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Thanks Rossy! Pink Floyd is definitely down Memory Lane for me. Right now, I'm just checking in and enjoying what wonderful music treats I'll get to hear today. I'll have some to share later.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by AimeeO
Happy Sunday!

If I didn't have to work today, I would sit back and listen to this man.

Thanks Aimee. Happy Sunday to you!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn
Griffin - great posts thumb

I have always enjoyed the songs of Nancy and remember her appearances on a number of shows including ACL and The American Music Theater on the old CMT network some years ago - this was the show where they had dobroist Jerry Douglas and fiddler Mark O'Connor in the backup band!

And I swear I have a CD of Christoper and Kathleen around somewhere that I haven't heard in years (part of the large collection of Classical guitar recordings from the old days when I was trying to play this beautiful instrument).

Thanks for bringing these back for me!

Trap

Thanks Trap! I'm glad you enjoyed my earlier posts. I also saw Nancy in an amazing performance on the Arts and Entertainment channel as well as Austin City Limits. She is not only an amazing singer, she really tells a story well!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
For this next piece of music, which I learnt to play a couple of months ago! I thought it important to mention just how the Penguin cafe orchestra came about;

Describing how the idea of the Penguin Cafe Orchestra came to him, Jeffes said:
“ In 1972 I was in the south of France. I had eaten some bad fish and was in consequence rather ill. As I lay in bed I had a strange recurring vision, there, before me, was a concrete building like a hotel or council block. I could see into the rooms, each of which was continually scanned by an electronic eye. In the rooms were people, everyone of them preoccupied. In one room a person was looking into a mirror and in another a couple were making love but lovelessly, in a third a composer was listening to music through earphones. Around him there were banks of electronic equipment. But all was silence. Like everyone in his place he had been neutralized, made grey and anonymous. The scene was for me one of ordered desolation. It was as if I were looking into a place which had no heart. Next day when I felt better, I was on the beach sunbathing and suddenly a poem popped into my head. It started out 'I am the proprietor of the Penguin Cafe, I will tell you things at random' and it went on about how the quality of randomness, spontaneity, surprise, unexpectedness and irrationality in our lives is a very precious thing. And if you suppress that to have a nice orderly life, you kill off what's most important. Whereas in the Penguin Cafe your unconscious can just be. It's acceptable there, and that's how everybody is. There is an acceptance there that has to do with living the present with no fear in ourselves. ”

Music for a found harmonium.!!
◄█▓▒░ EXCELLANT ░▒▓█►

◄█▓▒░ EXCELLANT ░▒▓█►

◄█▓▒░ EXCELLANT ░▒▓█►

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
For this next piece of music, which I learnt to play a couple of months ago! I thought it important to mention just how the Penguin cafe orchestra came about;

Describing how the idea of the Penguin Cafe Orchestra came to him, Jeffes said:
“ In 1972 I was in the south of France. I had eaten some bad fish and was in consequence rather ill. As I lay in bed I had a strange recurring vision, there, before me, was a concrete building like a hotel or council block. I could see into the rooms, each of which was continually scanned by an electronic eye. In the rooms were people, everyone of them preoccupied. In one room a person was looking into a mirror and in another a couple were making love but lovelessly, in a third a composer was listening to music through earphones. Around him there were banks of electronic equipment. But all was silence. Like everyone in his place he had been neutralized, made grey and anonymous. The scene was for me one of ordered desolation. It was as if I were looking into a place which had no heart. Next day when I felt better, I was on the beach sunbathing and suddenly a poem popped into my head. It started out 'I am the proprietor of the Penguin Cafe, I will tell you things at random' and it went on about how the quality of randomness, spontaneity, surprise, unexpectedness and irrationality in our lives is a very precious thing. And if you suppress that to have a nice orderly life, you kill off what's most important. Whereas in the Penguin Cafe your unconscious can just be. It's acceptable there, and that's how everybody is. There is an acceptance there that has to do with living the present with no fear in ourselves. ”

Music for a found harmonium.!!
◄█▓▒░ EXCELLANT ░▒▓█►

◄█▓▒░ EXCELLANT ░▒▓█►

◄█▓▒░ EXCELLANT ░▒▓█►

Outstanding! Thanks Rossy. I'm going to follow up and explore more of their music. Thanks for the introduction!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Rostosky, I saw this and thought you'd like it;

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I like this one:

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Oh forgot to say "Evening everyone :)"

C

Silver Supporter until Dec 28 2012

Silver Supporter until Dec 28 2012
C
Lead us into temptation. I wonder if I should have a medieval Dulcimer. Probably costs less than a Clavichord, which is also tempting. Anybody play a Dulcimer?

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
There was a small instrument similar to this in our local charity shop for a fiver, (£5) gutted i didn't buy it frown

Last edited by wayne32yrs; 07/17/11 03:04 PM.
Page 16 of 370 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,166
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission