2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
50 members (Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, AlkansBookcase, Carey, CharlesXX, 10 invisible), 1,784 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 32 of 370 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 369 370

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Excellent Wayne! We posted about the same time. I'm off to my piano. Thanks.

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Great posts folks, as usual, well I am off to bed, but first I will say that the film "Watchmen" was excellent and did the graphic novel as fair a justice as any film is likely too, AND it had some good music in it, Dylans "the times they are a changing" and Hendrixs version of "all allong the watchtower" so all in all a most pleasent film.

And dr.Manhatten was an excellent shade of blue, just as he is meant to be.

Here is a picture of silk spectreII from this most excellent movie....

Unfortunately,they were going to ask Milla Jovovich to play this part, but then decided they wanted someone less well known, I will of course complain on Millas behalf, and then email her again to let her know I am fighting her corner,despite the restraining order.
Hopefully, Milla will then invite me over for dinner and say things like "Rossy I am so proud of you, how can I repay you?"

And feed me expensive chocolates that she bought from Harrods,and ask me to play her expensive piano that is a proper German one.

Anyways (again) here is a pic from the film that hasn't got Milla in it but nearly did, and would have if they had consulted me. [Linked Image]

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I would like to share some more Schoenberg with you. On various other posts - usually ones that have topics like "what is the most beautiful this or that" - I have posted this video, and nobody has ever even acknowledged it, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. Perhaps it is because they see the name "Arnold Schoenberg" in the title and just move on.

Personally, I think that this piece is absolutely remarkable, not just in terms of its melodic nature, but in terms of its craftsmanship. When you listen to all 4 minutes and 51 seconds of it you get this remarkable sense of an overarching continuity similar to the effect one gets when you listen to a Wagner Opera. Its lush chromaticism is almost overwhelming. It is just an unbelievably astounding and completely unappreciated work in my opinion.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Hi PPP. I'm going to have to check it out Sunday. My hand device won't let me view it.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

This will be my last post for the evening. I've enjoyed listening and learning.

I first became aware of Cassandra Wilson many years ago while viewing Ken Burns' production of the Jazz in America series on PBS TV. Cassandra is an American jazz musician, vocalist, songwriter, and producer from Jackson, Mississippi. Described by critic Gary Giddins as "a singer blessed with an unmistakable timbre and attack [who has] expanded the playing field" by incorporating country, blues and folk music into her work, Wilson has won two Grammy Awards. See what you think!

Good night!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Griffin, Cassandra Wilson has a delightful voice. I’ve really enjoyed that song.

Polyphasicpianist, thanks for your interesting post. Transfigured Night is the only composition by Schoenberg that I managed to understand. Through your post, I’ve listened to Zwei Gesänge for two times, and I’ve been shocked. I hope you post more music from Schoenberg, so see you have a good knowledge of him.

Last edited by Recaredo; 08/07/11 07:26 AM.
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Polyphasicpianist, it is a beautifull piece of music indeed, and shows what can be achieved when self taught?
Dont quite understand why no one has ever commented before, except that the internet is a strange and unusual place.

Hmm, Thinks to himself, "Alices adventures in wonderland" and a 21st centuary version: "rostoskys adventures on the interweb" maybe a book in that......?

Griffin, brilliant as usual, and Recaredo (the spanish casanova!) excellent...

My offering for Sunday noontime listening......

And now for something completely different:

No matter what race, nationality, creed, colour, or political inclination, the High seas will offer you no extra favour.
The sea is a dangerous place at the best of times, and thats without anyone else trying to blow you out of the water, whilst you sail upon her.

The lists of merchant vessels lost, go on and on and on and on, ad infinitum. It is a truly staggering subject matter to investigate.

Furthermore, here in the UK, we have prgramme after programme on the TV informing us about the "Few" (The RAF pilots) that we owe so much to, granted we do, However,

Without the "many" ( the men of the merchant navy) we would have starved , and I wouldnt be here talking about it.

In fact, I have invented a new saying, it goes like this:

"Never have so many, given so much, for so little.(recognition)

In Aprill next year we see the 100th anniversary of the Titanic disaster, and we also see Robin Gibb of the beegees bring out an albumn of the same name,done with , I believe the LSO. There will be mounds of memorabilia, tons of it, and a lot of folk will be making money from it.
There will be Pink and pleasent plastic replicas for sale.

Meanwhile the thousands of men from the merchant marine from the IInd world war who gave their lives go largley unrecognised...
This is my thought for today,and my music is?
The Red army choir Naval hymn, powerfull stuff indeed.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Good Sunday Rossy. That was a great post, and a wonderful tribute. It is also a good segway to my Sunday classical posts. My first post will actually be 3 posts. It has a very special connection for me because my better half had it in his collection of music when we first met 42 years ago. Since August is our anniversary, it seemed like a good idea to share it with you, and thank a certain Mr. Telemann for being there (in spirit and music) to get us off to a great beginning!

Here is the "Concerto in B Flat major for 3 Oboes, 3 Violins & Continuo" by Georg Philipp Telemann. This is the first track from Triple Concertos, performed by Collegium Musicum 90 and conducted by Simon Standage, 1995. The oboes are Anthony Robson, Richard Earle, and Chery Forbes. The violins are Simon Standage, Micaela Comberti, and Catherine Weiss.

I. Allegro

II. Largo

III. Allegro 2

Have a great day everyone!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
My next post is British guitarist Julian Bream. I posted one of his selections last Sunday. Here is one more, "Fugue in A Minor," by J.S. Bach.

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Loved the Telemann and bream Griffin, very good sunday mid afternnon here music!!

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Thanks Rossy. I have one more for now.

This is one of those times when I discovered something delightful, while searching for something totally different. Here are four gifted artists, vocalist and guitarist Sting, cellist Yo Yo Ma, trumpeter Chris Botti, and guitarist Dominic Miller performing "Fragile."

Enjoy!

Carl

A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Rostosky

Unfortunately,they were going to ask Milla Jovovich to play this part, but then decided they wanted someone less well known, I will of course complain on Millas behalf, and then email her again to let her know I am fighting her corner,despite the restraining order.
Hopefully, Milla will then invite me over for dinner and say things like "Rossy I am so proud of you, how can I repay you?"

And feed me expensive chocolates that she bought from Harrods,and ask me to play her expensive piano that is a proper German one.

Good luck with Milla. BillyO has had bad luck with her. She never returns his calls and doesn't buy him nice presents so he was forced to break things off with her.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I have not got a clue who BillyO is, but if he is trying to sneak his way between me and Milla or Jery Ryan or shirley manson, he better watch it. These are my special friends and I have been emailing them the longest, I have evidence from other forums going back to 2007, has BillyO? I think not.

TSK, TSK, mind you, imitation is flattery they say.

Buster bloodvessel, always looked like he was just on the point of busting a bloodvessel, I wonder what happened to him..??

Heres some ska ish reagge... Bad manners and lip up fatty.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Did that come accross as insanely jealous? my doctor said I had got better. Sorry AimeeeO. I am just cutting some text from newspapers and glueing them on a sheet of A4 to send a "letter" to billyO, this should clear things up.lol.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi my friends!

This weekend I could listen to amazing music from everybody on this thread.

Rossy, I also like Red Russian Army Chorus. It's a powerful staff as you say.

And, what could I say about Telemann’s music? It’s better to say it with music:

Have a great week, everyone!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Good evening there Recaredo, that is a lovely piece, I am getting quite taken with Telemann..
This should be a good week.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Just thought I'd show my face smile

Jill Scott.............although I wouldn't invite her to poetry night!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Oh wayne, I thought you should know this, i just caught a newsflash on a music channel thats on in the background...lady gagas new image for her latest single..
have you seen yet? I have!!!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Rostosky, your threads gonna overtake chopin lmao

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wayne32yrs
Just thought I'd show my face smile

Jill Scott.............although I wouldn't invite her to poetry

Thanks for posting this Wayne. I have not had a chance to hear Jill Scott until now. Loved it!

Carl

Page 32 of 370 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission