2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
21 members (cmoody31, dh371, Fried Chicken, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, admodios, clothearednincompo, crab89, 5 invisible), 1,234 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 50 of 370 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 369 370
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
morning guys, I just got up, it's 12.20 here, lol, and I'm singing this in my head for some reason!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I must get something done lol, leave you with a second vid...........

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
A guy wins the lottery, Seriously, the euro lottery, and gets 100 million.
He decides he wants some transport so he goes to the rolls royce dealers.
"What have you got in the line of luxurious silver shadows" he says to the dealer.

"well sir" says the dealer, "we have the twelve cylinder turbo charged automatic, it has a wrap round stereo system, a Plasma HD television, swimming pool in the back, a cocktail cabinet, and on a clear day, you can even see the driver, have you had a rolls royce before?"

"No" says the man.

"Ah" says the dealer "then its probably best you dont start with one of these, have you considered a Ford?"

So, the man goes to the Ford dealership, he says to the dealer there, "What Fords in the way of lumbering giants do you have?"

The dealer says "We have just sold the Last Ford Pubic,(it was made out of recycled corsairs) but we do have a Cortina estate, it has the usual nylon carpet, plastic upholstery, the extra two feet at the back usually used by our regular customers for taking their small dogs to shows, and comes complete with a radioshack fm/mw radio,
Tell me sir, have you ever had a ford estate before?"

"No" says the man.

"well" says the dealer, "its probably best to not to start with one of these, have you tried the Reliant dealership?"

So off goes the guy to the reliant dealership, when he gets there he says to the salesman,
" what have you got in the way of fibre glass bodied underpowered, three wheel automatives?"

"That would be the reliant robin" says the salesman " you can have one in any colour you like as long as its a shade of sickly green, but tell me have you any experience with this type of vehicle?"

"no " says the guy, "I havent"

The salesman says, "probably best to start off with something a bit less tricky sir, have you considered a motorcycle?"

So off goes the guy again, this time to the Yamaha dealers, when he gets there, he pushes his way past all the keyboards, the musical equipment and the electronic devices, and finally gets to a row of motorcycles, he says to the salesman:
"whats the best yamaha, I can get for the money?"

"That will be the R1" says the salesman, "enough muscle to rip your eyeballs out, zero to 100 miles an hour in a single heartbeat, stops on a sixpence and has a top speed of 212 MPH, tell me sir,
are you an experienced motorcyclist?"

"No" says the man.

"well its probably best not to start with a yamaha motorcycle then sir" and suggests a visit to a push bike shop.

The guy gets to the pushbike shop and finds the salesman, and aks,"what have you got in the line of reasonably fancy pushbikes?"

"we have this" says the salesman, and shows him an 18 speed racer, drop handlebars, super light weight carbon fibre frame and extols the virtues of being able to lift it off the ground with a single digit.

"Are you familier with this sort of high spec pushbike sir?"
"No " syas the man.

"well its probably best not to start off with one of these, have you considered rollar skates for your first endeavour of the wheeled variety?"

So the guy goes downstairs to the kids toyshop,

"What have you got in the way of ball bearing rotational four wheeled boots?" he aks the salesman.

"We have these sir" says the salesman, and shows him the latest in personal transportation footwear, "they have the latest ceramic hubs, a rubber bung on the front for stopping, no need to worry about laces, as they fasten with buckles, tell me sir, are you an accomplished roller skater?"

"No" says the man.

"then its probably best not to start out with these, have you considered a Hoola Hoop?"

"Okay" says the guy, "what have you got in the way of a large circumference pink circular plastic ring thats driven down the road using a stick"

"we have just the thing" says the salesman, and produces a hoola hoop and stick, AND, Its only 50p, on special offer today "shall I wrap it sir"

"its okay " says the guy, " I will take it as it is"

The guy pays his 50p and goes out of the shop, and having had quite a hard days shopping he decides he will have a pint in the pub.

He parks his hoola hoop and stick in the car park, and goes and has a pint. When he returns, he is horrified to find his newly aquired hoola hoop and stick not where he left it.

He rushes over to the car park attendent, and says "someones stolen my hoola hoop and stick, that I only just bought", and sits down and weeps.

The car park attendent, feeling sorry for the guy , says "how much did it cost?"

The guy says "50p"

The attendent says, "look heres 50p,you can go get yourself another one tommorrow when the shops open again."

The guy says "thats not the point"

"how am I going to get home now?"

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky

So Dudes and dudettes, I will be back later, If I start with a joke when I get back, you know all went well.....
Later, enjoy your day!

It must have been a fabulous day for Rossy! yippie Happy for you Rossy. I won't be posting anything until much later today. I'm listening to, and reviewing the ABF recital submissions. I'm really impressed with what I'm hearing so far. I have a ways to go, however, along with family matters to attend to. I will be lurking around here, however.

Have a great day everyone!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Indeed it was Griffin, everything went very well, in fact apart fromt he sheer length of time it took to dissasemble and clean each individual key (all 88 of them) and then reassemble all the new counterweights, and then rebuild, it could not have gone better!!

I will post some pics up of the operation later, suffice to say, its all working 100% again!

Thanks to everyone for their best wishes!!!

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Seeing as I am so totally happy today, I will post something extremely fine! In fact something excellent....
Enjoy this dudes and dudettes...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Finally you've got it! Congratulations Rossy. Now enjoy your piano!

BTW, the music by Schubert is always fantastic. That trio is amazing; the music calls directly to the human soul.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Evening all smile

Rossy, Glad everything went well with your keyboard parts!

I've been busy working on Lady Gaga's Born this way, Moonlight Sonata, and pedalling!

Lady G Spoof.....

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Ah, good evening Wayne !! funny spoof indeed..
My lad is off to UNI in a week or so, and he has got a brand new laptop, so he is giving me his old one, which aint that old!!
So, i will be able to use that just for music and nothing else, it allready has ableton on it, Could you Pm me about R5?

Would like that on the laptop, as I only have R3 on the Pc.

Then with the brand new keyboard I have now, should be able to get stuff together!

Will post some pics of the repair later!! It took hours and hours, till four in the morning!!!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I’d like to see these photos. I love to know the internal parts of a keyboard, and from any machine.

Wayne, glad to hear you’re going on working on Moonlight.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Rossy PM'd

Recaredo, I really like it, and it's not too hard smile

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
starting out, I had to remove the keybed entirely, like this...

[Linked Image]

These are two pics of the many "Pieces"

bags and bags of 88 of them!

[Linked Image]

Heres what they looked like all laid out ready to install, couldnt get them all in the photo!!!

[Linked Image]

Then when they were all fitted........

[Linked Image]

and finally (nearly) after washing all the keys and getting all the old grease off, and thouroughly drying them in a painstaking way, here they are refitted...YEEEEA HA.

[Linked Image]

Then the keybed was slotted back in, and all is well again..

Totall credit to James at Ashton music UK (musicforcedistribution) for managing to source the parts from Ashton after the garauntee expiry date....

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Congratulations Rossy! I am very impressed with what you've done. I doubt that I have the patience for this. It's frustrating enough with my iPad!

Evening Wayne and Recaredo. Hope you all are doing well. I'm just lurking while I get other things done. I'm still planning to post a few things later. However, it's probably pretty late on the other side of the Atlantic. Hopefully, you will be able to see them on Sunday.

I must get back to my other projects. I'll check back later, however.

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
WOW! well done Rossy!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Evening Griffin smile

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Thanks guys, I dont consider myself a patient person, generally, maybe I put it all into piano things!!

Was so tired afterwards, (with hours of concentrating) that I didnt feel like cooking , so a look in the freezer reveiled two microwave dinners.

This is what they were falsely named: "Supreme chicken dinners" by Birds eye.

I read the boxes and they both said "If you are not totally satisfied in any way, just return, stating where and when purchased for full refund"

Well, I looked up the word "supreme" in our old dictionary, and it clearly said "above all else" "better than"

So, I think false advertising happened, because these microwave dinners were definately not supreme to anything at all, except maybe a chicken dinner with ecoli sauce.

In fact, I was totally not satisfied, and wondered if anybody, anywhere, ever, HAS been totally satisfied with a microwave "instant" dinner of any description?

Music time.... but first check out this little chap, the manakin bird, if this doesn't crack you up, well you must be in a very serious mood indeedy!!

So to the music, and this bit from the magic flute... funny thing is, this is pretty much what it allways sounds like to me.......too high and too screachy..

[video:youtube]ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWh_2Iit3Ek[/video]

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Greetings Everyone! Sorry for such a late posting. What I had planned to do tonight had to be changed. However, I have something that might be of interest to smooth jazz lovers. In fact, this posting is a joint effort of me and PWF member Trapper John. It all started when I noticed he posted a recording of saxophonist Dave Koz another thread. I enjoyed it and asked if I could post it here. He was agreeable, and we struck up a brief correspondence on another music genre I'll do a post on another day.

In the meantime, the first post is Dave Koz's "Start All Over Again". Thanks Trap for this contribution!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

My next post is one of the first hits of Dave Koz that made me take notice, "You Make Me Smile."

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

My final post tonight is one of my all time favorite smooth jazz saxophonists, Grover Washington, Jr. (R.I.P.). Here is "Winelight."

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

I'm sorry to have to make this so short today. As you may know from earlier posts, it's a crazy and busy weekend! However, I will still be posting my weekly Sunday classical posts. Good night all!

Carl

Page 50 of 370 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission