Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
61 registered members (camperbc, Animisha, BabyG, Beemer, ando, 5penguins, BLJ, AndrewJCW, amyram, 9 invisible), 1,483 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A video of mine playing Mephisto Waltz+Jeux D'eau+Scherzo n2 #1735926
08/18/11 03:04 PM
08/18/11 03:04 PM
R
Rafael_K Offline OP
Rafael_K  Offline OP
R

Hello! laugh

Here are some recordings of mine ( a little outdated, I've corrected most of the things wrong/bad ).

Critiques/comments/sugestions appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgRmAq65JKI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqqBCP-J4Ps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nessXtR8nDQ

Re: A video of mine playing Mephisto Waltz+Jeux D'eau+Scherzo n2 [Re: Rafael_K] #1735934
08/18/11 03:15 PM
08/18/11 03:15 PM
Manchester, UK
debrucey Offline
2000 Post Club Member
debrucey  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Manchester, UK
Very impressive indeed. You have a great career ahead of you. If you want it that is.

Re: A video of mine playing Mephisto Waltz+Jeux D'eau+Scherzo n2 [Re: Rafael_K] #1735985
08/18/11 04:25 PM
08/18/11 04:25 PM
Tallinn, Estonia
Jaak Offline
Jaak  Offline

Tallinn, Estonia
Good playing smile
At your age it is more than good, it is great.
Congratulations!

piano.social - Learn classical piano with Jaak and socialize with other piano students
MA, teacher and doctoral student of the Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre
Re: A video of mine playing Mephisto Waltz+Jeux D'eau+Scherzo n2 [Re: Rafael_K] #1736054
08/18/11 06:20 PM
08/18/11 06:20 PM
P
PaulaPiano34 Offline
1000 Post Club Member
PaulaPiano34  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
P

Quite extraordinary....wow, the Mephisto valse at age 14! I'm 14 and the hardest piece I play is Prokofiev's 2nd Sonata. I better get working!

Re: A video of mine playing Mephisto Waltz+Jeux D'eau+Scherzo n2 [Re: debrucey] #1736122
08/18/11 08:15 PM
08/18/11 08:15 PM
R
Rafael_K Offline OP
Rafael_K  Offline OP
R

Originally Posted by debrucey
Very impressive indeed. You have a great career ahead of you. If you want it that is.

Thanks! Oh yes, this is definitely what I want! laugh

Originally Posted by Jaak
Good playing smile
At your age it is more than good, it is great.
Congratulations!

Thank you! I am practicing to reach the top! laugh

Originally Posted by chobeethaninov
Quite extraordinary....wow, the Mephisto valse at age 14! I'm 14 and the hardest piece I play is Prokofiev's 2nd Sonata. I better get working!

Thank you! smile All I can say is practice harder and BELIEVE in yourself smile

I'm currently playing the 4th Transcendental Etude 'Mazeppa' and the 3rd Miroirs "Une barque sur l'Ocean" and Sonata Op.57 "Appassionata" by Beethoven. I'll also start learning the 3rd Prokofiev Sobata, a Preludio and fuga from Bach ( still choosing, but will be a hard one :P ) and some other pieces by Chopin.

Last edited by Rafael_K; 08/18/11 08:20 PM.
Re: A video of mine playing Mephisto Waltz+Jeux D'eau+Scherzo n2 [Re: Rafael_K] #1736262
08/19/11 01:02 AM
08/19/11 01:02 AM
D
Damon Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Damon  Offline
6000 Post Club Member
D

Originally Posted by Rafael_K
Hello! laugh

Here are some recordings of mine ( a little outdated, I've corrected most of the things wrong/bad ).

Critiques/comments/sugestions appreciated!

The Liszt was great! I was surprised though, that you hiccuped on the three tremolo/trill sections (marked Presto, I think) after making everything else look easy.

(I'm not familiar with the Ravel and I'm on a Chopin strike laugh )

Re: A video of mine playing Mephisto Waltz+Jeux D'eau+Scherzo n2 [Re: Damon] #1736291
08/19/11 02:49 AM
08/19/11 02:49 AM
Manchester, UK
debrucey Offline
2000 Post Club Member
debrucey  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Manchester, UK
Cant wait to hear your appassionata

Re: A video of mine playing Mephisto Waltz+Jeux D'eau+Scherzo n2 [Re: debrucey] #1736456
08/19/11 10:36 AM
08/19/11 10:36 AM
R
Rafael_K Offline OP
Rafael_K  Offline OP
R

Originally Posted by debrucey
Cant wait to hear your appassionata

Thanks! smile I'm going to record sometime again, because the recording I have is kind of old.

Originally Posted by Damon

The Liszt was great! I was surprised though, that you hiccuped on the three tremolo/trill sections (marked Presto, I think) after making everything else look easy.

(I'm not familiar with the Ravel and I'm on a Chopin strike laugh )

Yes, that Presto part was even harder, for me than the culmination for some reason! I struggled in that Presto. But it was mainly due to bad fingering. I've changed the fingers ( was 1/3 + 4 and now is 1/3 + 5 in the right hand ) and I've slowed down the tempo a tiny bit in that Presto for more control smile

I think I'll upload a newer version of it played in May. smile

Last edited by Rafael_K; 08/19/11 10:51 AM.
Re: A video of mine playing Mephisto Waltz+Jeux D'eau+Scherzo n2 [Re: Rafael_K] #1736717
08/19/11 06:31 PM
08/19/11 06:31 PM
P
PaulaPiano34 Offline
1000 Post Club Member
PaulaPiano34  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
P

I'm currently playing the 4th Transcendental Etude 'Mazeppa' and the 3rd Miroirs "Une barque sur l'Ocean" and Sonata Op.57 "Appassionata" by Beethoven. I'll also start learning the 3rd Prokofiev Sobata, a Preludio and fuga from Bach ( still choosing, but will be a hard one :P ) and some other pieces by Chopin.

Sounds like we like the same sort of music! I've played the Appassionata and once I've finished the 2nd Prok sonata, I'm starting the 3rd sonata and a Prelude and Fugue from Bach (for a competition). What pieces by Chopin? I've learnt the 1st Ballade, several nocturnes, mazurkas, and valses. No scherzi though. I really like the 1st and 4th Scherzi.

Re: A video of mine playing Mephisto Waltz+Jeux D'eau+Scherzo n2 [Re: PaulaPiano34] #1736887
08/19/11 11:56 PM
08/19/11 11:56 PM
R
Rafael_K Offline OP
Rafael_K  Offline OP
R

Sounds like we like the same sort of music! I've played the Appassionata and once I've finished the 2nd Prok sonata, I'm starting the 3rd sonata and a Prelude and Fugue from Bach (for a competition). What pieces by Chopin? I've learnt the 1st Ballade, several nocturnes, mazurkas, and valses. No scherzi though. I really like the 1st and 4th Scherzi.
Haha, this is cool! laugh I played the 1st Balade when I was 12 ( 3 years ago... Time flies... ), a mazurka, prelude, a couple valses, the 24th Etude and a Nocturne. I'm going to play the 8th Etude, and maybe something else smile

Re: A video of mine playing Mephisto Waltz+Jeux D'eau+Scherzo n2 [Re: Rafael_K] #1737072
08/20/11 09:40 AM
08/20/11 09:40 AM
P
PaulaPiano34 Offline
1000 Post Club Member
PaulaPiano34  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
P

Haha, this is cool! laugh I played the 1st Balade when I was 12 ( 3 years ago... Time flies... ), a mazurka, prelude, a couple valses, the 24th Etude and a Nocturne. I'm going to play the 8th Etude, and maybe something else smile

I learnt the first Ballade when I was 12, too! Only that was only 2 years ago for me! I'm learning op25no7 and then onto the Winter Wind or the Two Liszt Concert Etudes S145

Re: A video of mine playing Mephisto Waltz+Jeux D'eau+Scherzo n2 [Re: Rafael_K] #1737575
08/21/11 10:18 AM
08/21/11 10:18 AM
Louisville, Kentucky, United S...
Orange Soda King Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Orange Soda King  Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Louisville, Kentucky, United S...
One of y'all (yes, I said "y'all" - I'm from Kentucky!) should join me in the quest to conquer Saint-Saens' "Etude en forme de valse" Op. 52 No. 6. laugh

Great playing, by the way! Damon, at least listen to the Ravel and Chopin. I am on a strike of certain composers also, but I will still stoop down to listen to a fellow forum-mate play them.

Re: A video of mine playing Mephisto Waltz+Jeux D'eau+Scherzo n2 [Re: Orange Soda King] #1737929
08/21/11 09:56 PM
08/21/11 09:56 PM
D
Damon Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Damon  Offline
6000 Post Club Member
D

Originally Posted by OSK

Great playing, by the way! Damon, at least listen to the Ravel and Chopin. I am on a strike of certain composers also, but I will still stoop down to listen to a fellow forum-mate play them.

I listened to the Ravel and liked it, I just am not familiar enough with the piece to comment on it. I'm sure the Chopin was nice and maybe I'll listen in a couple of months, but right now I can't take him anymore.

And the funny thing is, I have had more Chopin in my rep than any other composer

Re: A video of mine playing Mephisto Waltz+Jeux D'eau+Scherzo n2 [Re: Orange Soda King] #1738134
08/22/11 06:42 AM
08/22/11 06:42 AM
R
Rafael_K Offline OP
Rafael_K  Offline OP
R

Originally Posted by Orange Soda King
One of y'all (yes, I said "y'all" - I'm from Kentucky!) should join me in the quest to conquer Saint-Saens' "Etude en forme de valse" Op. 52 No. 6. laugh

Thanks! laugh

Mmm, I'll ask my teacher about that piece smile

I listened to the Ravel and liked it, I just am not familiar enough with the piece to comment on it. I'm sure the Chopin was nice and maybe I'll listen in a couple of months, but right now I can't take him anymore.

And the funny thing is, I have had more Chopin in my rep than any other composer

Thanks! laugh I was just like that, was a little tired of Chopin, but now I am resuming my work on Chopin, namely the 8th Etude, and maybe the 4th Ballade.

Last edited by Rafael_K; 08/22/11 10:27 AM.
Re: A video of mine playing Mephisto Waltz+Jeux D'eau+Scherzo n2 [Re: Rafael_K] #1738637
08/22/11 09:57 PM
08/22/11 09:57 PM
D
Damon Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Damon  Offline
6000 Post Club Member
D

Thanks! laugh I was just like that, was a little tired of Chopin, but now I am resuming my work on Chopin, namely the 8th Etude, and maybe the 4th Ballade.

I'm glad you edited that because I had no idea how to answer. smile I'm just tired of Chopin, that's all.

Re: A video of mine playing Mephisto Waltz+Jeux D'eau+Scherzo n2 [Re: Damon] #1738651
08/22/11 10:15 PM
08/22/11 10:15 PM
R
Rafael_K Offline OP
Rafael_K  Offline OP
R

I'm glad you edited that because I had no idea how to answer. smile I'm just tired of Chopin, that's all.

When I re-read what I wrote this morning, I blushed more than a tomato... I really shouldn't post at 1AM, my mind gets completely offline :P I'm extremely sorry I wrote that!

Moderated by  Kreisler 

(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Insuring your piano
by Stitches. 10/13/19 07:14 PM
Yamaha clp 625 vs ydp 164
by Itsbeenawhile. 10/13/19 06:53 PM
Field Report - Accompanying on a Steinway "D"
by Seeker. 10/13/19 05:25 PM
What's Hot!!
Our August Newsletter is Out!
------------------
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour!

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics194,508
Posts2,878,916
Members94,657
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission