2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 10 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
OP Offline
R
Richard Galassi, I was told youl'd be tha man to ask about this one & the ONE of a kind Baldwin Grand built for my parents.... here we go sionce I'm new to this site anyone that can help fire away!!! ===================================================== IN PUT ON THESE 2 PIANO'S PLEASE!!!!! Grand Piano, Circa 1900 - 1915. This piano is in mint condition & has been professionally restored. Since it belonged to Vestal & Howard Goodman “The Happy Goodman” & was used on Video Special recording & Album & Cd cover, plus many of their songs were written using this piano & has been played by Bill Gaither “The Gaither Homecoming Video Series” & Andrea’ Crouch and many others famous friends. We have been very reluctant to sell this wonderful piano. However due to several family members suggestions we have decided to sell this timeless treasure! What's the scoop on this piano in everyone's minds???? should we sell it??? ================================ Baldwin ONE of a kind baby Grand w/ Player on it. ONE of a kind Color deep Blue almost Black... Info Below...HELP ANYONE? Measuring exactly 5'8", this Custom Grand falls in the middle of Baldwin’s size range for grand pianos. This means it will fit beautifully into almost any home. Superior craftsmanship and materials set this piano apart from Baldwin's competitors. This Custom Grand features a one-piece, continuously-bent rim design constructed entirely of maple. In addition, the soundboard is made of Sitka spruce with a tighter grain pattern and improved uniformity for exceptional tonal characteristics. The piano’s sharp keys are made from genuine African ebony wood with an added radius for a superior feel, and the Baldwin-engineered Renner hammers deliver world-class note-to-note clarity and consistency, while its superior action provides faster key repetition rates, in addition to an increase in dynamic tonal range. This piano was made exclusively for the world famous Happy Goodman Family in the U.S.A. The color was created for the Goodman Family and the signatures on the fallboard are exact duplicates of Howard and Vestal's autographs. If for some reason you do not want to have these signatures on the fallboard or the decals on the side they can easily be removed by your technician on their first visit to tune. I know they considering selling it ant thoughts????It's ONE Of A Kind don't forget!!! Memorabilia! INPUTS ON THIS PIANO ANYONE????? ALL ARE WELCOME TO COMMENT!!!! Email: goodmanandassociates@comcast.net for pictures

Last edited by Rick Goodman; 08/17/11 10:08 AM.

Rick W. Goodman
R
R
Rick

I previewed the Baldwin myself before you got it. It is a great piano. I think it was built in '06 +/- and it may have had a prototype Renner action in it but not 100% sure, we experimented with a couple of Renners in the same time frame in the R-1, a good technician in your area could verify that. I do remember how happy I was about the piano because I was a fan too and I played it before we shipped it. As far as the first piano is concerned we would need a serial number and brand name and size to be able to determine any important information on it.

Ric Overton
Ric@PianoSD.com
http://PianoSD.com
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Sorry but this forum is not the place to sell your piano.

Rich

Retired at the beach
Grotrian 192

Anton Rubinstein said about the piano: "You think it is one instrument? It is a hundred instruments!"
R
OP Offline
R
Well Here is the scoop on the Horace Waters it was built in 1900-1907.... Ser#70076 it's worth approx 40k-50k according to a family friend who is a reputable antique piano authority suggested an asking price of $40,000.00 to $50,000.00, but there NO set price at this time.

On The Baldwin it would perfect for a lobby in a nice restaurant or a company's office entrance lobby.... I'm about to put these on eBay & let the people decide..... what do you think. ALL???

Rick W. Goodman
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hi Rick! (Like your name, by the way smile )

Welcome to the Piano World Forums! Are you any kin to the “Happy Goodman family”? I love southern Gospel music! *** Edit*** Okay, I see that you are Howard and Vestal Goodman's son! Wow, it is certainly nice to meet you!! smile

Speaking as a moderator here, Rich D is right, advertizing pianos for sale is not allowed on the open forums… however, Piano World does have a classified ad section where you can advertize your piano for a small fee.

Also, you can send Rich Galassini a PM (private message), through Piano World, though he does check in here on the piano forum frequently.

All the best!

Rick

Last edited by Rickster; 08/30/11 07:51 PM.

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel

Platinum Supporter until December 31, 2022
9000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until December 31, 2022
9000 Post Club Member
40k to 50k! I wonder how much they ended up selling them for.

Search US techs by Zip Code
“If it sounds good, it IS good.” ― Duke Ellington!

Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
This thread is 13 years old, and you may not get an answer to your query since the OP has not been here since 2011!

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission