Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
Welcome PianoTV members!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
128 registered members (alenastar90, akc42, anamnesis, ajames, Amedeus, 28 invisible), 1,195 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#1733743 - 08/15/11 06:18 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: jazzwee]  
CMohr Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
Happy Birthday CMohr  Offline

Oregon
25. Clemente - Milonga I love the story and glad you posted the lyrics in your description. I love how you start out a little sleepy and build to a hight point, and then end up perfectly to fit the words. I didn't notice any wrong notes - it's a great piece. Charming and a little melancholy at the same time - and charmingly played, also!

26. Wisebuff - Late Train I was looking forward to hearing your entry. Oh man, this is a gorgeous piece! The piano has a beautiful tone - and you played this beautifully, as well! I'm going to have to look into Rocherolle. Applause!

27. TX-Dennis (Dennis Turner) - Heal Our Land Your "goofing off" certainly didn't dampen your playing laugh. A very heartfelt performance. I had not heard this before now. So did Senator Hatch write the music or the lyrics , or was it a total collaboration? Beautiful song!

28. Wayne32yrs - Radiohead - Creep Pretty darn cool, Wayne! Love how you start out quietly like a love song and build to a more orchestral sound - great job - very enthusiatic playing!

29. IRPRONI (Ismael Rodríguez) - Rue Des Cascades Quite the impressive piece, played with passion! Two words - excelente y bravo!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1733755 - 08/15/11 06:39 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: CMohr]  
Cohenfan Offline
Cohenfan  Offline

Canada
I only had time to listen to the first 6 entries and so far, I am so impressed. Just love those recitals smile

Andy Platt : I love Chopin. And I really loved your playing. Very beautiful, I liked it very much.

Jazzwee : Only one take ? Wow. Fantastic playing and great feel. Excellent job.

Dannylux : I did not know anything about Bortkiewicz. It sounds very difficult to play and I think you did an amazing job with this piece. That was great.

Mohan Karthik : Peaceful. Dreamy. Beautiful.

Alleykatt : I remember being so impressed back in May with your beautiful rendition of Causeway Coastline, I still listen to it from time to time. And here we go again with this lovely piece of music, great playing and gorgeous piano sound. Loved it. Thank you.

Ken : I just love those blues. Very good playing and great feel. Excellent.

Self taught adult beginner since September 2009 ( Man, I REALLY need a teacher ... )
Roland HP-305
#1733765 - 08/15/11 06:45 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
CebuKid Offline
1000 Post Club Member
CebuKid  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

01. Andy Platt - Chopin Waltz in B Minor, Opus 69 No 2

I love Chopin! I love to listen...such beautiful, melancholy melodies. You did a fantastic job on this waltz, Andy, and it kept a nice 3/4 rhythm throughout. It sounded like you held your composure pretty well - especially for a live recital! Bravo! Keep up the good work.

02. Jazzwee - Naima (to do)

Aahhh..the resident Jazz pianist of the ABF. Again, a very piano bar feel to this. I like the "one take" approach. It shows that you're thoroughly prepared, and it simulates a live recital where, really, there are no mulligans allowed. smile I picture dancing the tango to this - even though I can't dance...LOL. Anyway, keep up the good work Jazzwee, and I'm fortunate to have the pleasure of listening to Jazz piano - a genre that I normally don't partake in.

03. Mohan Karthik - Quest for Greatness (to do)

This composition sounds like a man who is at a milestone in his life and ready to take on that new challenge....hence, the mountain in your YouTube video? smile This has a new-age feel to it...what a talent for you to compose this yourself! I liked the finale as well...the 1st couple of strains is where the man contemplates his next step and the 4th is when the man finally achieves the "greatness" that he seeks. Nice job, and again, what a talent to compose this!

PS-you've won a YouTube subscriber, my friend. smile

04. dannylux / Mel - Etude in D flat Op.15 No.8 (to do)

Wow, what a difficult Etude! You are definitely one of the virtuosos of the ABF. What a beautiful piece. I've never heard of this composer before. And yes, I listened carefully for the musical patterns that you describe and can't imagine playing such complex melodies in octaves. Great technical execution and great performance! Thanks for introducing us to this composer.

05. Alleykatt - Cathy - Dietro l'incanto

Ah yes, Einaudi...what a great composer this guy is! He seems to be a popular choice with ABF members. I haven't heard this one yet, and it sounds technically challenging. Your execution was great...it has a dark, ominous melody that repeats. You executed the trills nicely, and the rhythm sounds tricky in certain sections. Bravo! Keep up the good work, and I have subscribed to you on YouTube. smile

06. Ken. - Blue Monk (to do)

Man, your spinet piano has an impressive bass register - very deep and sonorous. I liked this little piece! You are doing fantastic for a 3 year long pianist. Is Blues your specialty? That's what I love about these recitals...I get to listen to stuff that I'd normally wouldn't listen to. smile

YouTube Channel
Scott Joplin Repertoire

Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life.
- Berthold Auerbach

[Linked Image]
#1733768 - 08/15/11 06:47 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member
BillM  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Maryland
I’m a big fan of the live recording. This is very well played and the quality of the recording is excellent. I don’t know enough about the piece to hear the nerves you spoke about in your comments, but it sounds fine to me.

02. Jazzwee - Naima
If you didn’t tell us this was played with a virtual backing I would swear it was recorded in some upscale Georgetown jazz club. Wonderful phrasing and a laid-back tempo makes this a real joy to listen to.

03. Mohan Karthik - Quest for Greatness
Nice composition. I like the photo that you used as a backdrop on your video.

04. dannylux / Mel - Etude in D flat Op.15 No.8
It is pretty clear that you retained the skills you obtained as a “kid”. A masterful performance of a complex and difficult piece.

05. Alleykatt - Cathy - Dietro l'incanto
It is obvious that you put quite a bit of thought and effort into your recordings and videos. A lovely song beautifully played.

06. Ken. - Blue Monk
The tone of your piano fits this piece perfectly. A very cool performance of a very cool piece. Like the ending.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
#1733775 - 08/15/11 07:02 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member
BillM  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Maryland
07. wouter79 - Maple Leaf Rag
A jaunty and playful rendition of a classic piece. Well done.

08. Mr Super Hunky - Dream With Me
An interesting composition. Given the title, I was expecting something a little slower, but this is very nice and has a certain edge to it.

09. Laura Joffe aka Ten left Thumbs - Two-part Invention no 4 in D min The harpsichord caught me off guard until I went back and read your comments. I’ll bet that was fun to play.

10. timmyab - Prelude & Fugue in f minor bwv 881
I’m so glad you decided to participate in the ABF recital. This is a very tender and moving performance. You seem to caress each note. Very well played. Your recording sounds professional.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
#1733783 - 08/15/11 07:15 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member
BillM  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Maryland
11. Monica K. - Le Matin
You can always be counted on to introduce us to beautiful piano music. This one is particularly enjoyable and skillfully performed.

12. Cohenfan - Traumerei
This piece is becoming an ABF standard. I am amazed at how well you play in such a short time. You should be very proud of this recording.

13. Peyton - Message From Space
I’m a big fan of pretty much everything you post. This is inventive, creative and down-right fun to listen to.

14. Riddler (Ed) - Jump Monk
I didn’t “prance” around while listening but I was boppin’ and swayin’ in my kitchen when this was blasting through the speakers. A very cool piece.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
#1733785 - 08/15/11 07:17 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: BillM]  
CMohr Offline

Oregon

14. Riddler (Ed) - Jump Monk Way cool! I may not be prancin', but certinly tappin' and a bobbin'! Really nice runs, very clean, cool sound. cool I loved it!

13. Peyton - Message From Space This is seriously fabulous! This piece along with last recital's would make me think you're someone else....Another genius work! Great video, too.

12. Cohenfan - Traumerei Yes, a piece of music one could spend a lifetime perfecting.....I think you played this expertly! It is sublime. Bravo!

11. Monica K. - Le Matin Oh, I really like this peaceful little piece! You definitely possess the perfect touch for this music - and you made it look effortless, to boot!

10. timmyab - Prelude & Fugue in f minor bwv 881 Wonderful technique and separation of voices. Played perfectly - exactly the way I imagine it should be played. You're more than welcome here! Your performance is very inspiring!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
#1733798 - 08/15/11 07:32 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
Strings & Wood Offline

Gold member until Dec. 2012
Strings & Wood  Offline

USA
37. Copper - Moon River
Copper, Nice job on a favorite of mine.

38. Bluekeys - Waltz in A Minor
I love this waltz, Bluekeys. Thanks for making me happy!

39. jotur/Cathy Turner - When My Sugar Walks Down the Street

Not sure if is this is specifically inspired... but I noticed a little extra something there, I'm just saying. smile Very Nice Cathy! Good luck in your competition!

40. anthonyb - I Giorni
Like notes delivered on the wings of butterflies.

#1733802 - 08/15/11 07:35 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
gerg Offline
1000 Post Club Member
gerg  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Houston, TX
If anyone wants to resubmit their prepped piece to Unsung Heroes, you are most welcome to do so.

http://www.ecital.net/submit.php

Listening now.

http://www.ecital.net
Wikicital: A collaborative effort to build a knowledgebase of classical music history combined with examples. Your chance to both perform and write...

Don't click here!
#1733804 - 08/15/11 07:38 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: Strings & Wood]  
Strings & Wood Offline

Strings & Wood  Offline

USA
41. CMohr - Summer Night

I am thinking there lies within you a moonlighting piano player soothing all who would spare the time to listen. I am basking... thank you!

#1733806 - 08/15/11 07:39 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: gerg]  
Strings & Wood Offline

Strings & Wood  Offline

USA
Originally Posted by gerg
If anyone wants to resubmit their prepped piece to Unsung Heroes, you are most welcome to do so.

http://www.ecital.net/submit.php

Listening now.

I wish... but, hardly. smile

... of course, I am referring to Chopin.

Last edited by Strings & Wood; 08/15/11 08:29 PM. Reason: additional comment

#1733807 - 08/15/11 07:40 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: CebuKid]  
CebuKid Offline
1000 Post Club Member
CebuKid  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

07. wouter79 - Maple Leaf Rag

Isn't "The Trio" hard, bro? This is a very fine job considering your level of experience. smile Like myself, you should really keep this piece in your rep. This piece made me depressed, and I worked on it on and off for many months, this, despite my experience and obsession with Joplin. This took me longer than all the others to learn. You, however, now have it under your fingers. IMO, this is a piece that takes years to refine, and most pianists agree it's a tough, tough piece. Keep it up, Wouter! Hope you consider Joplin more in the future. He's got lots of hidden gems.

08. Mr Super Hunky - Dream With Me (to do)

Very nice, Mr. Super S-H. I think you are the visionary and artist of the ABF - a free spirit who'd rather not constrain himself to "just learning pieces." Again, playing by ear and composition are God-given talents, and I'm glad to see a guy who challenges the status quoe. This piece was a very mellow, enjoyable one and sounded quite challenging. I'd never dream of composing this! Your grand piano has quite the thunderous sound to it. smile

09. Laura Joffe aka Ten left Thumbs - Two-part Invention no 4 in D min (to do)

I have a new-found "fondness" of all the Bach Inventions. I love how they sound on the Harpsichord and I actually plan to cheat and play an Invention on my digital in Harpsichord mode onfe of these days...lol. For you to play this at such a steady tempo on a relatively foreign instrument was an amazing feat! I thoroughly enjoyed this recording! PS-i didn't catch any of the missing notes because I'm still very new to Bach. smile

YouTube Channel
Scott Joplin Repertoire

- Berthold Auerbach

[Linked Image]
#1733828 - 08/15/11 08:07 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
TX-Dennis Offline
4000 Post Club Member
TX-Dennis  Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Texas
06 Ken - Blue Monk, Thelonious Monk
Nice job, Ken. Blues is something that needs real feeling and you certainly feel this.

07 wouter79 - Maple Leaf Rag, Scott Joplin
Impressive! You play at a nice steady tempos throughout, a necessity for ragtime, and what a lovely tone your piano has. Fabulous.

08 Mr Super Hunky - Dream With Me, M. S. Hunky
That is a nice dreamy piece. I always find pieces with lots of left hand arpeggios difficult, so this would be quite challenging for me. Sounds like it was easy for you, though. Great job, B.

09 Laura Joffe aka Ten left Thumbs = Two-part Invention no 4 in D min, Bach
Impressive job, Laura. I really enjoy the sound of a harpsichord, but I've never had the opportunity to play one. Bach is quite a challenge, whatever the instrument.

10 timmyab - Prelude & Fugue in f minor bwv 881, Bach
Anything by Bach is challenging. You're too hard on yourself. This sounds quite lovely with avery even tempo and great timing.

11 Monica K. - Le Matin, Yann Tiersen
It does look deceptively simple, but there are some really tricky rhythms involved in this one, and, as you said arpeggios are evil. Your performance is lovely and beautiful. Nice dynamics and you really bring out the melody over the bass notes.

12 Cohenfan - Traumerei, Schumann
Yes, this piece is much harder than the sheet music would have you believe, but you're too hard on yourself. You performed it tremendously well.

13 Peyton - Message From Space, Peyton H.
Beautiful and impossibly difficult sounding.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

#1733829 - 08/15/11 08:07 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: CebuKid]  
CebuKid Offline
1000 Post Club Member
CebuKid  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

10. timmyab - Prelude & Fugue in f minor bwv 881

This is truly "vintage Bach" and being a fugue, I don't think it should be too fast anyway. You maintained a nice rhythm throughout and I liked your dynamics a lot! Very good job, Timmy.

11. Monica K. - Le Matin

*comment on YouTube*

12. Cohenfan - Traumerei (to do)

Though a simple little piece, your recording sounded like that of a veteran! You are doing great considering your level of experience. I liked this mellow little piece, and yet again, from a composer with which I'm no familiar. Keep up your steady progress!

YouTube Channel
Scott Joplin Repertoire

- Berthold Auerbach

[Linked Image]
#1733845 - 08/15/11 08:25 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: Strings & Wood]  
Strings & Wood Offline

Strings & Wood  Offline

USA
42. Lain - Autumn Moon Over the Calm Lake
1. I adore autumn moons... so brilliant.
2. Calm lakes to reflect my thoughts.
3. And your playing to put it all in perspective.

43. Alpha Terminus (Jim Henderson) - Rondo Alla Turca

I have somewhat followed your journey with this piece and I champion your efforts with this performance!

44. Yamaha G-3 & P-80 - Por El Sur
Nice melody, although I am not familiar with this one, presented well.

45. MaryBee - Clair de Lune, from Suite Bergamasque
I don't know if I will ever be able to tame this one. I start with a teacher in September, so who knows... maybe so.
Marybee, you are well into this one. And, the part that side tracked me- you have well under hand. It is a beautiful piece. Stay with it.

46. Starr Keys - The Last Time I Saw Paris

Recording was distorted and did not project your true potential. I know there is a swan there somewhere.

#1733854 - 08/15/11 08:38 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
Starr Keys Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Starr Keys  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

california
I’m really enjoying listening intermittently and, in some cases, repeatedly to everyone’s submissions. I am disqualifying myself from commenting on people’s classical performances since I have little aptitude for this type of playing and don’t feel qualified to comment on it except when the progress and accomplishment is so stark and in your face since the last recital that even I get it--which just from my initial impressions seems to be the case with Wouter79 and Inlanding this time around, by the way.

I’ll weigh in later on some of the more contemporary and improvisational pieces. But right now, I just want to thank everyone who commented on it for your kind remarks about my piece. Peyton, as perhaps the greatest improvisatory composer (not to mention one of the best players) at Piano World, you particularly made my day with your comments about my improvs. Alpha Terminus and Jazzwee, I’m sorry about the confusion with the youtube video link. I was rushing because I missed the deadline last time and I guess I thought I was being asked to give the link to my Youtube videos so that people could check out other pieces if they liked the submission download, not a link for the video version of the submission itself. Sorry about that:)

Last edited by Starr Keys; 08/15/11 08:57 PM.
#1733856 - 08/15/11 08:40 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
Andy Platt Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Andy Platt  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Virginia, USA
The next 10 from me (last for tonight):

31. GracieCat - Wonderland It sounds very smooth to my ears and I don't know the piece well enough to detect much in the way of "random" errors but I know what you mean!! I thought you did a great job keeping a nice pace, giving great dynamic thrust when needed. Good job. P.S. Does this piece remind anyone else of the classic "Stand By Me?".

32. Augustina - Song from a Secret Garden This is a very beautiful piece - you do a wonderful job of having the melody balanced just right with the accompaniment. Actually, I kept returning to the accompaniment as I was listening - it had some slightly "different" parts and I enjoyed how you brought it out.

33. BillM (formerly b528nf7) - When I'm Sixty-four One of my favorite McCartney tunes - and luckily for me, sixty four is a little ways off. You really brought out a melancholic feel to this piece (which is, obviously perfect for it). And you created a truly imaginative arrangement - fantastic job. "Oooh!" too!

34. Strings & Wood - Op. 28 No. 20 Not a hint of Barry Manilow wink I love this prelude and you did a great job with it. There is a wonderful progression through the piece that prevents it becoming static. And it sounded pretty fortissimo at the beginning to me. Wonderful!

35. Griffin2417 (Griffin) - Prelude in G minor (BWV 558 ) This is great Bach playing - very nice and clear, great direction and good balance. I'm particularly impressed if this is your own transposition!

36. Teodor - Madder Sky (Code Geass) It sounds like this is a wonderful piece to play - lots of tremelos and great chords. Very nice playing - and wonderful picking it up without sheet music too.

37. Copper - Moon River The synth strings came as a nice surprise part way through! You brought a lot of pathos into your interpretation of this. I could feel the river drifting down - extremely romantic. Nice job!

38. Bluekeys - Waltz in A Minor No Chopin is easy. I assumed I would be able to knock this one out without too much problem but boy was I wrong so it's gone onto my study seriously one day. You did a fantastic job with keeping a nice rhythm but allowing the right hand melody to breath and flow.

39. jotur/Cathy Turner - When My Sugar Walks Down the Street You'll have them dancing at the festival with this - my foot was tapping all the way through. Very nicely played and you have a strong left hand going without overwhelming the melody. Great!

40. anthonyb - I Giorni Hmm, this seems strangely familiar ... I wonder where from?! wink This was so smoothly done, great flowing melody and a wonderful sense of balance to it.

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
#1733862 - 08/15/11 08:51 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: Starr Keys]  
CMohr Offline

Oregon
30. BenPiano - I Giorni Just fabulous, Ben! You obviously are connected to the music - no mistakes detected here. A wonderful piece to keep in your repertoire.

31. GracieCat - Wonderland Pretty smooth playing to my ears! I think it's an admirable performance. I don't know if it's just the recording, but maybe just lighten up the left hand a tad and it will be perfection. It flowed and it sang!

32. Augustina - Song from a Secret Garden Oh, so dreamy! Really nice playing on this one, Augustina! A beautiful song.

33. BillM (formerly b528nf7) - When I'm Sixty-four Loved it! You've put your stamp on yet another classic. Just a great performance! Loved your "whoo", too!

34. Strings & Wood - Op. 28 No. 20 Man, I love the bass on your piano! I can't think how this could be done any better. Pretty enthralling for 1:47!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
#1733870 - 08/15/11 09:03 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: Andy Platt]  
Cohenfan Offline
Cohenfan  Offline

Canada
Wouter79 : I am very impressed by your performance. Great playing, you really had a great feel for this piece. Congratulations.

Mr.Super Hunky : Beautifully played, great stuff. You are very talented.

Laura Joffe aka ten left thumbs : I did not expect the harpischord, but that was truly good.Loved it.

Timmyab : Bach can be very challenging but you really nailed this one. Great performance all over. Bravo

Monica.K : Wonderful. I loved the way you played this. Tiersen wrote so many great pieces, thank you.

Self taught adult beginner since September 2009 ( Man, I REALLY need a teacher ... )
Roland HP-305
#1733900 - 08/15/11 09:46 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
Lain Offline
500 Post Club Member
Lain  Offline
500 Post Club Member

01. Andy Platt - Chopin Waltz in B Minor, Opus 69 No 2 This is a very impressive live performance, excellent job! What nerves? I love your natural rubatos and confident tempo throughout this delightful waltz.

02. Jazzwee - Naima Wow, another one-shot recording. Your improvisational skills are phenomenal, thanks for sharing.

03. Mohan Karthik - Quest for Greatness Mohan, this could be used for a movie! The arppegios do convey a sense of questing and journeying. The gradual buildup and layering leading to the abrupt ending, however, leaves me wondering if greatness has been obtained.

04. dannylux / Mel - Etude in D flat Op.15 No.8 *jawdrop* Mel, this is definitely one of my favorite pieces in this recital. First, I learned about a new composer, thanks. I've been missing out. Second, you bring out the "sensuous, luscious" qualities of this piece so well, it seems as if you are dancing with Venus herself and plucking stars out of the sky to entice her. I can definitely hear the Chopin and Scriabin influences in this piece. Finally, I can't really hear how difficult this etude is, unless I'm looking at the score, meaning that your technical execution is close to perfect. Can't wait to hear your unsung heroes submissions.

05. Alleykatt - Cathy - Dietro l'incanto Cathy, the C B A B C B/A mini-resolutions are so beautiful. Your phrasing cannot be improved, and it does sound like you are truly enjoying playing the music. Great video, too! I've subscribed!

06. Ken. - Blue Monk Ken, you sound like a mini jazz ensemble! Go woo the masses now!

07. wouter79 - Maple Leaf Rag Classic.

08. Mr Super Hunky - Dream With Me Mr. Super Hunky, you've led me into a state of reverie...and now I must force myself back to reality to praise the magical effect your work has brought upon me. Thank you.

09. Laura Joffe aka Ten left Thumbs - Two-part Invention no 4 in D min Laura, every now and then I'll play this piece, which I've memorized as a child. It brings back such fond memories. Thank you for going the extra miles to bring us a period rendition.

10. timmyab - Prelude & Fugue in f minor bwv 881 Wonderful, two sensitive playings of Bach in a row! Now, where are my Bach scores!

"You are the music while the music lasts" - T.S. Eliot
#1733935 - 08/15/11 10:33 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
mr_super-hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member
mr_super-hunky  Offline
4000 Post Club Member

01. Andy Platt - Chopin Waltz in B Minor, Opus 69 No 2 Very well played. Nice and fluid. I don't listen to much classical but this was very enjoyable.

02. Jazzwee - Naima Very smooth and slinky. I liked it. I could listen to that all night long.

03. Mohan Karthik - Quest for Greatness This is such a delicate piece that you performed so nicely. Well done.

04. dannylux / Mel - Etude in D flat Op.15 No.8 Very nicely played Mel. You have such nice control in the way you play the keys. Top notch stuff here.

05. Alleykatt - Cathy - Dietro l'incanto I loved the powerful intro transitioning into the softer body. Very nicely done.

06. Ken. - Blue Monk (Phunky monk at that!. Nicely played. Exellent timing too.

07. wouter79 - Maple Leaf Rag Exellent job with this piece Wouter. Exellent recording as well. One of the best-cleanest recordings I've heard actually. Not much too improve at your level.

08. Mr Super Hunky - Dream With Me I liked it but I'm a little biased.

09. Laura Joffe aka Ten left Thumbs - Two-part Invention no 4 in D min Okay that was super cool. I loved it. Harpsichords rule!

10. timmyab - Prelude & Fugue in f minor bwv 881 I love this piece and your playing of it was so enjoyable to listen to. One of my favorites so far.

#1733937 - 08/15/11 10:39 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
TX-Dennis Offline
4000 Post Club Member
TX-Dennis  Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Texas
Aww crap . . . I had replies all typed out through BillM's piece. Then I did something flakey while typing and they all vanished. Now I've got to start all over.

Last edited by TX-Dennis; 08/15/11 10:40 PM.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

#1733945 - 08/15/11 10:53 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: TX-Dennis]  
jotur Offline
Gold Level
jotur  Offline
Gold Level

Santa Fe, NM
Originally Posted by TX-Dennis
...through BillM's piece...

And just how close to 64 are you?

smile

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Practice what you suck at - anonymous
#1733952 - 08/15/11 11:06 PM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: TX-Dennis]  
BenPiano Offline
1000 Post Club Member
BenPiano  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

US
Originally Posted by TX-Dennis
Aww crap . . . I had replies all typed out through BillM's piece. Then I did something flakey while typing and they all vanished. Now I've got to start all over.

I feel for you man. Done that a few times myself - now I limit my replies to about 10 submissions to minimize disaster when it strikes.

Learning to play since June 2009.
My piano diary on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/afpaSTU1096
[Linked Image] <- 10+ ABF recitals
#1733992 - 08/16/11 12:04 AM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
BenPiano Offline
1000 Post Club Member
BenPiano  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

US
01. Andy Platt - Chopin Waltz in B Minor, Opus 69 No 2 - Bravo! Way to open the recital with a *real* recital performance. Hats off to you for braving the ultimate red dot! And I liked the way you played this. That's the difference between having a teacher and me warping a piece so much over 1.5 into something that no longer sounds like a waltz! wink

02. Jazzwee - Naima - Impressive jazz!

03. Mohan Karthik - Quest for Greatness Nice - I like the way it built up throughout.

04. dannylux / Mel - Etude in D flat Op.15 No.8 - Wow, now that's some serious piano! Just awesome - picking my jaw up off the floor right now.

05. Alleykatt - Cathy - Dietro l'incanto - This is the first time I've heard this. I have the songbook, but shame on me. Wonderfully played - I absolutely loved it!

06. Ken. - Blue Monk - A classic - well played!

07. wouter79 - Maple Leaf Rag - Well played - great dynamics.

08. Mr Super Hunky - Dream With Me - Nice, SH - the title was very appropriate and I like the shifts in key you took this too. Glad to hear you're to the point where you would rather discover melodies - but on a side note, I hope next recital you're to the point where you set aside the two minutes it takes to trim the front and back of your audio to delete your zoom juggling performance. grin

09. Laura Joffe aka Ten left Thumbs - Two-part Invention no 4 in D min - wow and cool, a real harpsichord! Very authentic sounding, and of course, well played - the real deal!

10. timmyab - Prelude & Fugue in f minor bwv 881 - Love to hear Bach in these recitals. It sounds terribly difficult, but you played it well and I loved it!

Learning to play since June 2009.
My piano diary on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/afpaSTU1096
[Linked Image] <- 10+ ABF recitals
#1734030 - 08/16/11 01:26 AM Congratulations everybody!!! [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
IRPRONI Offline
IRPRONI  Offline

México
This is my first recital and I can say one thing for everybody, all the members did a great job, I would like give a comment for each one, but I don't have enough knowledge about music theory and I can't give a good feedback crazy

However I want you know... I listened all the pieces one by one and really any piece sounds like a beginner pianist wink all of you are very talented wow

I don't know much about classic music, but really sounds so good and make me feel really quiet, maybe someday I'll try to play that kind of music smile

Congratulations for them who share with us their own compositions, they have a really good sound laugh Monica you did a nice job with Le Matin really I envy your piano and your songbook ha

Alpha Terminus, Clemente, Andy Platt, jazzwee, CMhor, thanks for comment my performance I really appreciate it grin you did a great job with your pieces too, I can see I have so much to learn whome

I have a conclusion after this recital... I'm taking some interest in Ludovico Einaudi and the funniest moment was when I listened "Rondo Alla Turca" performed by Alpha Terminus, this song brings to me very very nice memories of my childhood although I have 23 years old I like so much the toons and enjoy watch it together my little sister (she is 11 years old)...!!! laugh

Well... thanks everyone for read my comment and if you want to talk with me is easier for me talk through a PM because I can check the new messages directly in my e-mail and I can response quickly wink

Happy recital #23 it was big success...!!! smile

#1734105 - 08/16/11 06:08 AM Re: Congratulations everybody!!! [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
CarlosCC Offline
2000 Post Club Member
CarlosCC  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Lisbon, Portugal
Unfortunately I had no chance to participate in this recital, but I just hear all your beautiful interpretations. Congratulations to all, you were all great!!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
#1734107 - 08/16/11 06:24 AM Re: Congratulations everybody!!! [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Peyton  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Maine
42. Lain, what a great way for me to start my morning (and a very dreary, rainy morning here in Maine). It's a beautiful piece and you play it so professionally (seriously). And so well recorded. My favorite performance so far.

41. CMohr, such a delightful, moody piece. You have a great feel for it. I can definitly see it being a soundtrack for a movie.

40. AnthonyB, I know I sound like a broken record but.... wow, that is great playing! Excellent performance.

"One's real life is often the life that one does not lead."- Oscar Wilde
www.youtube.com/Biffer5
www.peytonart.com

#1734108 - 08/16/11 06:24 AM Re: Congratulations everybody!!! [Re: CarlosCC]  
Cohenfan Offline
Cohenfan  Offline

Canada
Peyton : Brillant. Creative. Professionnal. That is some serious talent. Bravo.

Riddler Ed : Cool piece, I really liked your rendition. Great job.

Inlanding : Excellent playing and I have to say that Sun Up is the one I prefer the most. Impressive considering it is your own composition. Congratulations

Cscl : Thank you for playing those lovely Schubert's waltz. It was very well played, liked it a lot.

ToddVance : I have tried to play this a few times but it is kind of over my head right now. You did a great job with it, it is such a lovely piece and so difficult to play it right. Excellent job.

WasTrueBeginner : Wonderful. I really enjoyed this lovely piece of music, great stuff.Thank you.

Roland HP-305
#1734113 - 08/16/11 06:43 AM Re: Recital #23 -- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Recaredo  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Granada (Spain)

Andy, you made an impressive live recording. Clearly it’s not the same making a home recording and a live recording. I wish do this some day. Your performance is really inspirational for me.

28. Wayne32yrs - Radiohead - Creep

Wayne, your performance develops firmly the song’s dynamic. You manage to express your feeling toward this music. Well done!

35. Griffin2417 (Griffin) - Prelude in G minor (BWV 558 )

Griffin, while I was listening to your performance, I forgot the piece is original for organ. Your playing is very convincing on this transcription.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  BB Player, casinitaly 

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
CLEARANCE SPECIALS!
Save Big In our online store now

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
SummerKeys
Maine Coast Music Vacation for Adults
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Middle keys don't play on Kawai CN43
by flyingiguana. 01/19/18 12:13 PM
Small hands no worry
by RaggedKeyPresser. 01/19/18 11:34 AM
Piano Technicians Guild Magazines
by Piano Valentine. 01/19/18 11:01 AM
For Sydneysiders - Australia - the music sale Crows Nest
by Bach_ingMaddie. 01/19/18 06:25 AM
Chuck Leavell instruction question
by carolinakeys. 01/19/18 01:36 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics183,867
Posts2,688,592
Members89,481
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission