2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (AlkansBookcase, Barry_Braksick, danno858, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, 14 invisible), 1,836 guests, and 283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 28 of 370 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 369 370
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Sleep it off first Wayne, then a few coffees and a fried breakfast.. I dont drink, but I know the fry up works.
Mmmm, there is nothing like bacon except bacon.

Last edited by Rostosky; 08/02/11 02:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention "It's only 7.30 pm, how can you allready have had loads to drink?"

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
That's funny lol!

Took a bit of figuring out lol, I suggest; she must have video'd the four different angles seperatly, walking the same routine four times. Then play the four videos similtaneously. So she cant actually see anything, apart from downwards, and that's how she can see the path she has to walk, for it to work. (?)

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Not drinking yet Rossy, gonna open my first...... errrrr now smile

Oh and I'm veggie, so have to have veggie fry-ups, there still nice.

Last edited by wayne32yrs; 08/02/11 02:42 PM. Reason: to mention I have to have fake bacon

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Hi Everyone! I may not be posting again until late today. Besides job related stuff, I have to practice and record for the quarterly ABF Piano Recital! EEEK!!! Someone hasn't been practicing piano enough, and instead posting his favorite tunes. Who could that sluff off be??? wink

I'm loving the great posts I'm hearing today. We'll see if I can squeeze some time in tonight for one of my mellow evening posts. Have a great day!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Alright Griffin? I did a recording earlier today, it didn't go too bad, but I'm wondering whether to hold off uploading it, and do a couple more, 'cos I know I can play it a bit better, it's the red dot thingy, I get nervous, and rather than just playing it and listening, without thinking, I start thinking about what I'm playing, which removes the feeling, if that makes sense?

Hope your's goes well and look forward to hearing it smile

Sorry to go OT on your thread with the ABF recital Rossy smile

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi my friends.

I really want to listen to your recordings. I'm sure your performances will be very good, because all of you love the music. That's the most important thing to become a great pianist.

Coming back to this fantastic thread, I'd like to share this music. When I listened to it for the first time, I thought that it was the most beautiful music in the world.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Lovely Recaredo smile

Did u know Rostosky can play that piece with only his left foot? It did cause a bit of a a stir, here at PW! No-one was sure if it fell inline with the rules n regulations, but luckily for Rossy, it fell on a tuesday!

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wayne32yrs
Alright Griffin? I did a recording earlier today, it didn't go too bad, but I'm wondering whether to hold off uploading it, and do a couple more, 'cos I know I can play it a bit better, it's the red dot thingy, I get nervous, and rather than just playing it and listening, without thinking, I start thinking about what I'm playing, which removes the feeling, if that makes sense?

Hope your's goes well and look forward to hearing it smile

Sorry to go OT on your thread with the ABF recital Rossy smile

Wayne, I'll go OT one more time about the recital. I assume you record at home, right? My advice is keep what you've already recorded, and record again if you want. Then compare the two and decide which you feel most comfortable presenting.

I think my recording went pretty well today. However, I just do an audio recording. I have the luxury of having someone else record me on the stage of a small theater near where I work. I'll send you a PM with a few more details.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Recaredo
Hi my friends.

I really want to listen to your recordings. I'm sure your performances will be very good, because all of you love the music. That's the most important thing to become a great pianist.

Coming back to this fantastic thread, I'd like to share this music. When I listened to it for the first time, I thought that it was the most beautiful music in the world.

Your post was absolutely beautiful Recaredo. I love choral music. I would love to hear some more. Perhaps you might have something for this weekend. Thanks.

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Hya Folks! Nice one Recaredo, Do you have any likes in Popoular music? It would be good to hear them....

Wayne and Griffin, I am still waiting for spare parts for my Digital Piano that are meant to be on their way from Australia.
Untill they arrive, I cannot record anything to post, which is really starting to get on my nerves..
My keyboard now has the D below middle C and the A above it not sounding due to broken counterweights, with two more notes going the same way.... I have been trying to obtain these spares now for over a month, but have been promised they are on the way.

This is so aggrevating, I have to play either everything an octave higher or use inversions of chords to avoid the bum notes.....

Hopefully I will make the Sept or Oct deadline.

Anyways, here is a song sung by Maggie Reilly...Mike oldfields Moonlight shadow...

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
You seriously being serious Rossy, I just can't tell lol smile

Here's the song I'm playing for the recital, I'm not normally "into" this type of music, but this is an exeption;

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Evening Wayne, yep unfortunately I am being serious, and really miffed about it too... Do not buy an Ashton Stageperformer 500 , In the UK, you cannot get directly in touch with Ashton, only the distributers.. Mine was just out of garauntee when the counterweights started to break down.

It is a manufacturing fault, they have like this clear coloured rubber coating, well it had gone brittle and started to disintegrate, nasty.

If, and I say if, it is not sorted soon, I am seriously considering making a big publicity stunt, of ditching the keyboard off a cliff, on fire, and getting in touch with Roland, to say, hey do you wanna use this for an advert...like "should have bought a Roland?"

Thing is, I have an Ashton guitar, semi acoustic spanish, that is lovely, and a mixing desk, also made by ashton, no probs at all with them... Just their "flagship" keyboard.

Grrrr. £500 worth..

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
If, and I say if, it is not sorted soon, I am seriously considering making a big publicity stunt, of ditching the keyboard off a cliff, on fire, and getting in touch with Roland, to say, hey do you wanna use this for an advert...like "should have bought a Roland?"

Do it.......lol

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I will give them a few more weeks yet, they have promised the parts are on the way by express to the UK..Hmmm.

Meanwhile, I am developing a most stupid playing style!!

I love the D below middle C and the A above middle C, I use them in D minor AND d major chords!!

Anyways, I dont want to dwell on my little probs... happy happy... upwards and onwards, happy trails an all that!

More music..>. Seeing as I should have bought a keyboard made in Germany by folk with pride in their work, strict quality control, and absolutely NO messing about, and tidy properly when you have finished, zeriously.
Made me think of Kraftwerk....... Model.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Afternoon everyone (it's afternoon here). Finally, I am at my desktop computer and can see everyone's postings. I've enjoyed them all. Rossy, thanks for playing another piece featuring Maggie Reilly. I've started looking up a few others. Also, thanks for the Kraftwerks. I've heard of them, but never had a chance to hear them. I'd like to explore some of their other works. I understand some of the early Rap artists listened to Kraftwerks because of their use of electronics.

Wayne, I rarely have a chance to listen to Radiohead. I liked your posting. I'm looking forward to your recital recording!

Rossy, your piano frustrations tempted me to go totally OT about my frustrations with trying to start up a new phone system. I'll leave it at that!

I'll be back very shortly with a couple of postings!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
My first posting today will be a late 1950s and early 60s heart throb with many of my friends in high school. Here is Jackie Wilson singing one of his hits, "Lonely Teardrops."

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Speaking of heart throbs, here is another one from Memory Lane. Here Sam Cooke sings, "You Send Me."

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Okay, time to get out your dancing shoes! Here is Dee Dee Sharp singing "Mashed Potato Time." Another party favorite when I was in high school.

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Rossy, is this one your digital piano?

http://www.fivestarmusic.com.au/epa...ath=/Shops/fivestarmusic/Products/860060

I say it because that piano looks like these ones:

http://www.thomann.de/es/thomann_sp5500.htm

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR...tage-SP-3-Stage-Piano/art-KEY0002885-000

http://www.medeli.com.hk/products/sp/sp-5500.html

Maybe you should have several ways to get the pieces that you need to repair the piano.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

That's it for now. I must run. I am hoping I can do a later posting. If not, have a great day everyone!

Carl

Page 28 of 370 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission