2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (36251, Doug M., Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, David Boyce, 6 invisible), 1,092 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 370 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 369 370

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Thanks Recaredo and Wayne. I enjoyed both of your posts very much. However, Wayne, I laughed myself silly and started getting hungry for a curry dinner! laugh

Good night!

Last edited by griffin2417; 08/01/11 01:26 AM.

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Night Griffin! I keep missing you online as I have been keeping unusual hours!

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Really great stuff, all! thumb

Renaissance

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Good one Elssa, glad your enjoying it....
Heres an old one, I expected someone else to post this, but they didn't so here it is....lovely song....Mike Oldfields sister Sally, From the water bearer albumn, and a hit single "Mirrors"

Enjoy...

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Rossy, I loved this! I've never heard Sally before. Though my partner has a few mike Oldfield CDs, which I also enjoy. I can't view the Velvet Underground on this cursed device I'm using right now. I will be at a desktop later. I'm very interested. I used to listen to some Velvet in college.

Elssa, thanks for Renaissance. I had not heard them before. I really enjoyed it. Keep them coming!

Folks, today is nuts! I have to rush off to finish yet another project. I won't be able to post until late today. Hope you all have a great day!

Carl

A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Great stuff this weekend.. sorry I was such a slacker.
I'll start off with some VU, also.

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Here's some White Stripes..

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
And Ella!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Well aparantly, today is "Yorkshire day" (News to me, but all the staff at the coop, on the shopping centre where I work, were dressed up for the occassion) So I jumped on the band waggon and 'av spent the day talking with an exagerated Yorkshire accent, and had a good few strange looks, and some laughter! Here's something a little different!

Last edited by wayne32yrs; 08/01/11 03:30 PM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
In Canada, today (which was formerly just a meaningless civic holiday) is now called "Emancipation Day," commemorating the commonwealth's emancipation of slaves.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by polyphasicpianist
In Canada, today (which was formerly just a meaningless civic holiday) is now called "Emancipation Day," commemorating the commonwealth's emancipation of slaves.

This is wonderful! Thanks for letting us know.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Well, I've been scarce today. And I'm eager to listen to today's postings. In the meantime, I'll offer my contribution.

This is my only post for today, and it's night time where I live. Therefore, I'm much more interested in music to unwind to. I had planned to do tonight's post later this weekend. However, the voice of Margo Timmins and Cowboy Junkies is just what I want to hear tonight. Here is their performance of "Shining Moon.".

Good Night!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I find this is a nice set of peices to wind me down at night

[Linked Image]

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Well, Heres to trying to answer everyone, AimeeO I love the VU and enjoyed the white stripes, Griffin, Cowboy Junkies are new to me, and I enjoyed that song a lot, Thank you!!

Polyphasicpianist, Wayne allready knows this, but I was born in Hull, what he doesn't know, is that at age 4, I was taken to William Wilberforce's House, which is a Museum.
Wilberforce was of course another Hull man,who fought all his adult life for the abolition of slavery, the best part of thirty years. He finally heard his bill passed just three days before his death. A lifelong friend of william pitt and buried in Westmisnster abbey.

Being taken to a slavey museum at such an early age had a profound and lasting affect upon me, the details, and images seen there are hauntingly horrible in the extreme, I would strongly advocate every child be shown around wilberforce house, lest by default , awareness of such inhumanity should become diminished.

It would also teach a valuable lesson: that the apparent "need" for the latest Xbox or mobile phone, when viewed in the light of ongoing human suffering all around us, is a selfish and ultimately futile mindset to be trapped into.

Everything was taken from the slaves, even their names, to be "given" so called Christian names.

In Carmarthen, there is an edifice to Thomas Picton, this is because he was a "war hero" and fell in the battle of waterloo.

However, what it does not mention on the edifice, is that Picton Governed the Island Of Trinidad with excessive brutality, meeting out abitary executions of (mainly) slaves.
Without any due process. His motto was, and I quote: "let them hate as long as they fear" When back in Britain he was charged with many of these serious offences,but wangled his way out of most of them on technical legalities.

He made much money from slavery.
Every time I see the edifice, I want to deface it or damage it, it is an affront to all that is proper.

Wayne, I never knew it was Yorkshire day, didn't even know there was such a thing, and what is Yorkshire dress?

It better not be flat cap, and a ferrett in the pocket , thats just sterotyping surely?
Heres a picture of wilberforce house.....more than worth a visit for anyone who finds themselves in Hull. [Linked Image]

And for my first music of the day........Dire Straits, and Brothers in Arms.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Okay, one more from Renaissance - Carpet of the Sun. smile

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Thats really nice Elssa, thank you.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Wayne, I never knew it was Yorkshire day, didn't even know there was such a thing, and what is Yorkshire dress?

It better not be flat cap, and a ferrett in the pocket , thats just sterotyping surely?

Near enough, although the ferretts had to be substituated with snotty rags! (Like the ones your nan used to spit on to wipe your face - this wasn't just me, was it?)

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Good evening Wayne, and yes it was just you, we were poor, but we did have a bucket and flannel for washing.
The water in the bucket was first used to peel potatoes, then grandad would slap granmas inner thighs with his leather belt, and when they went red, he would place the bucket there to heat up for our wash.
I was lucky, I was only 14th inline for the weekly bucket wash.
After we had all finished, granma used to have her shave in the water, then the "stock" (as she called it) was used for gravy making. It was tough in Yorkshire in those days, but we didn't complain, because we knew the Tongue stealer would come at night and cut our tongues out for being soft.

Forgot to mention, Grandad did use to spit on hankys, but that was blood on account of his TB, he wouldnt go to Doctors though, and preferred to pretend his cough was non-terminal and non infectious.

Last edited by Rostosky; 08/02/11 02:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention the TB.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Folks you gotta see this, its not music, but I dont know what it is, but the view showing the back of the head, also shows whats coming up like the lampost and trees...This is weird stuff indeed, and may interest you.....

Ipad head girl....???

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Good evening Wayne, and yes it was just you, we were poor, but we did have a bucket and flannel for washing.
The water in the bucket was first used to peel potatoes, then grandad would slap granmas inner thighs with his leather belt, and when they went red, he would place the bucket there to heat up for our wash.
I was lucky, I was only 14th inline for the weekly bucket wash.
After we had all finished, granma used to have her shave in the water, then the "stock" (as she called it) was used for gravy making. It was tough in Yorkshire in those days, but we didn't complain, because we knew the Tongue stealer would come at night and cut our tongues out for being soft.

Forgot to mention, Grandad did use to spit on hankys, but that was blood on account of his TB, he wouldnt go to Doctors though, and preferred to pretend his cough was non-terminal and non infectious.

We could go down the road................you were lucky, we didn't even have a bucket! But I think MontyPython already did a good job of that earlier, lol.

Gonna watch the vid you just posted, then will be back a bit later, probabily talkin' about things totally inapproriate, induced by my exessive drinking!

smile

Page 27 of 370 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission