2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
50 members (AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, Carey, CharlesXX, 10 invisible), 1,657 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Online Content
Good morning chaps,

Casio Japan has recently announced two updated Privia models, the PX-135 and PX-735:

http://casio.jp/emi/products/privia/px135/
http://casio.jp/emi/products/privia/px735/

My initial impression is that these updated models represent an evolution of the existing range, with improved (i.e. more stable) keyboard actions and build quality.

The PX-135/PX-735 will launch in Japan from August - I expect the PX-335/PX-835 will follow later in the year.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
C
C
Any other information? I've done a Google search and all I find is in Japanese.

Is this only a change on the keyboard?

What about the sound?

M
M
Straight from Google translate:

Key Features
Sound and expressive power in pursuit of a beautiful grand piano sound
Representation that allows smooth, natural dynamics, "Linear Morphing sound AIF"
Grand piano is the instrument of change is very rich in sound intensity. Stronger and harder you play the sound brighter, softer sound softly softly you play, allowing a unique grand piano playing and expressive sound of a change in this intensity.

Casio digital piano, a full concert grand piano from the original manufacturer's world-renowned, multi-sampled sounds of the best strength. In order to change continuously without seams that sound, computer graphics technology "morphing" as applied to sound the "linear morphing sound AIF" has been developed. In addition, the innovative combination of filters to control the circuit and changes in tone, delicate pianissimo (Pianisshisshimo), the strong powerful (Folder Tisshi Shimo Tsu) to achieve a step change in the tone-free. Digital piano in the past was difficult, can be expressive representation close to playing a grand piano.

Rich built-in piano
"Modern" is a bright tone with ornate grand piano. "Classic" is a feature of the natural-sounding piano. Plump and warm in the "mellow", a bright and clear, "bright", easy to hear sound even smaller, suitable for practicing at home, such as "variations" and the acoustic piano sound rich built-in. Depending on the genre, the music, so choose the best types of sounds, it is possible to express nuances of the song is also brilliant.

More realistic-sounding speakers
The wide design of the speaker has realized the extent and dynamic sound of the unique beauty of a grand piano.

Pursue the comfort of a grand piano playing
Excellent roll "sensor Scaled Hammer Action 3 keyboard"
The combined action of a grand piano keyboard
with the three sensors

Like the spring without any grand piano equipped with only the weight of the hammer action mechanism, both the sense of touch and smooth playing solid answer. In addition, a total of three sensors placed on the side of the keyboard with hammer action grand piano according to the "Keyboard Scaled Hammer Action 3 sensor" chip. The same note roll unleash their outstanding performances. The sensor system, since continuous sound can be returned without turning off the keyboard, playing piano in a sense very close to the ground.

Of course, much heavier bass to reproduce well the characteristics of a grand piano lighter than the treble.

Stylish and compact design, color choice of two colors
Scene corresponding to a wide range of lightweight, compact

You can play freely in such a favorite place on the table is a compact model is convenient to move and store. The sophisticated design worthy of Purivia unique, stylish color scheme. Two-tone colors to choose from cool white pearl and black tone.
Pedal unit support stand / 3 for a full-fledged music (optional)

Stand: CS-67PWE (PX-135WE) / CS-67PBK (PX-135BK)
Pedal Unit 3: SP-32
※ The photo shows optional stand CS-67PBK, three-pedal unit when using the SP 32.

And enhanced features to help piano lessons
Set the same frequencies in the middle of the keyboard from the left and right, two people including parents and teachers and students, useful when practicing the piano, "Duet"

You can also change the tempo and time signature, metronome piano lessons to help
You can record / playback your playing, composing and recording capabilities can be utilized, such as checking the outcomes of the lesson
Lock button operation and prevent incorrect settings change "Panel Lock"
Additional color features piano music
Immediately beginner's fun to hear you play 60 songs, "Music Library" Internal (with music book ※ )
※ copyright reasons, may not be posted some songs in the score.
Off the melody of the song right or left internal parts, part features on / off you can play your own lessons
Features two layers can mix sounds, split function is divided by the tone in the bass and treble, compatible with a variety of playing styles
Essential piano, × 1 pin for use pedal pedal (damper) / pedal (SP-3) supplied with × 1
Digital sound effect that the spread and depth (Reverb, Chorus, Brilliance, DSP)
With such a convenient headphone jack for playing at night
(as played by two people listen to, comes with two headphone jack.)

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
All your base are belong to us!

V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Sounds like some very welcome improvements to the components, but it's not really clear if they improved the sounds or not. I suspect not, given that the "5" designation sounds like an incremental improvement to the existing package rather than new internal sounds. But, of course, that's just speculation.

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
James, is there any clue in these promos that makes you think the keys and build are any better than what Casio currently offers? I haven't looked terribly closely, but I can't find anything new and exciting here.

OP Online Content
dewster, yes the keyboard has definitely been improved.

Of course, I've yet to try it for myself, however judging from the scanned print-outs that I have here, action quality was one of the principal upgrades.

The number of instrument sounds and piano variations has also been increased, along with a handful of other improvements.

In my opinion, this refresh should address any criticisms regarding keyboard stability, and will therefore make the entry-level PX-135 an even closer competitor against the Yamaha P95 and Korg SP-170.

Cheers,
James
x

P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Good morning chaps,

Casio Japan has recently announced two updated Privia models, the PX-135 and PX-735:

http://casio.jp/emi/products/privia/px175/

My initial impression is that these updated models represent an evolution of the existing range, with improved (i.e. more stable) keyboard actions and build quality.

The PX-135/PX-735 will launch in Japan from August - I expect the PX-335/PX-835 will follow later in the year.

Cheers,
James
x

Hi James,

Your first link (above) looks to be okay, however:

I need to point out two things about the 2nd link, here.

1) Shouldn't it be "px735" instead of "px175"(?)
2) Your link shows no picture of any kind.*

*As I see Japanese text, nothing else.

Hope that this helps...

pv88

V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by pv88
Good morning chaps,

http://casio.jp/emi/products/privia/px175/

Cheers,
James
x

Hi James,

Your first link (above) looks to be okay, however:

I need to point out two things about the 2nd link, here.

1) Shouldn't it be "px735" instead of "px175"(?)
2) Your link shows no picture of any kind.*

*As I see Japanese text, nothing else.

Hope that this helps...

pv88

Just follow the first link - on the left of the page is a button to take you to the 735 (with pictures).

mabraman, 2015
P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by voxpops
Just follow the first link - on the left of the page is a button to take you to the 735 (with pictures).

@voxpops,

Yes, you are right about the first link, but what about the 2nd one?
(It does not show any pictures at all, just has Japanese text.)

And, the number was incorrect, should have been "px735."
(Not "px175." As for the number in the link, itself.)

Thought that James could make the corrections.

pv88

OP Online Content
pv88, thank you for noticing this error - the '175' link should indeed read '735' (as per the subject and body text).

I'll edit my initial post now.

By the way, text on the '175' url simply explains that the page cannot be found.

Cheers,
James
x

P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
[Edited]

V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
James,

Glad to be of some help as I usually notice small details, typos, and, etc.
(Tend to be a bit of a perfectionist, myself.)

pv88

For perfection, you need to omit the "and" before "etc." as it is redundant. The "et" from et cetera means "and". wink

mabraman, 2015
P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
[Edited]

V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
@voxpops:

Well, you are right about the "and" as I am the one who is not "perfect!"

Mistake corrected, as I edited the other post.

pv88

Only kidding with you, pv88. I'm always making mistakes. Perfection, for me, is an ever-receding dream - particularly when it comes to music!!!

mabraman, 2015
C
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by copperx
... I've done a Google search and all I find is in Japanese.

My wife's first language... Seems they have used linear morphing or interpolation plus a variable filter to remove the jumps between sample levels so the timbre changes continously with key velocity. I think this feature is new The rest of the page seems to talk about things that Casio already does

Wetter this actually sounds good, we will have to wait and see.

OP Online Content
ChrisA, I believe the 'linear morphing' technology was also present on the previous PX-x30 series.

It's interesting to read that your wife is Japanese - perhaps she can also assist with proof-checking your English? wink

James
x

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
ChrisA, I believe the 'linear morphing' technology was also present on the previous PX-x30 series.

Yes, the PX-330 and PX-3 (and PX-130 I assume) have fully blended layers.

A
6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
A
Sounds like some very welcome improvements to the components, but it's not really clear if they improved the sounds or not. I suspect not, given that the "5" designation sounds like an incremental improvement to the existing package rather than new internal sounds. But, of course, that's just speculation.

Yes... it is frustrating that, in some important respects, the current models sound inferior to the older ZPI based Casio models. I do like some of the new sounds, some of the strings and organs for example are quite nice on the PX3, so the AIF chip is capable of some nice stuff, but the EPs and honky tonk pianos are still way better on the older generation. The old electric piano patches felt like you were playing instruments, and somehow, the new ones feel "fake." Even the acoustic piano, while in some ways less "authentic," simply seemed to play more "musically" to me on the old models. And the 32-note polyphony never bothered me!

V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by anotherscott

Yes... it is frustrating that, in some important respects, the current models sound inferior to the older ZPI based Casio models. I do like some of the new sounds, some of the strings and organs for example are quite nice on the PX3, so the AIF chip is capable of some nice stuff, but the EPs and honky tonk pianos are still way better on the older generation. The old electric piano patches felt like you were playing instruments, and somehow, the new ones feel "fake." Even the acoustic piano, while in some ways less "authentic," simply seemed to play more "musically" to me on the old models. And the 32-note polyphony never bothered me!

I agree with all that. The only issue I had with my old PX-310 was slight latency when playing full chords in rapid succession. Other than that, I would still be happy playing it today, particularly for the EPs.

mabraman, 2015
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission