2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
27 members (clothearednincompo, crab89, Georg Z., David B, Fried Chicken, AlkansBookcase, 9 invisible), 1,162 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Washington? Oh, that's excellent news! I love the Bellevue area. I talked to Barbara Fandrich a couple of weeks ago & they are very excited about their new home. smile Anyway, Kansas City is still offering great classes & lots to do after hours - we're looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones!

Nancy Fanzlaw
Seamstress for the Band

www.FortePianoGallery.com
Forte' on Facebook

"The piano was God's gift to music." Lou Mason

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Yes, there most certainly are lots of classes to choose from alright! That's always been my biggest problem!! Which ones to attend! I'll be there too as will my son! Looking forward to it! Tons of new classes....cool!

I took the liberty of using the availability of the PTG website that shows all of the classes to send the link to several of my clients including my college so they could have a look-see at what types of classes we have available for technicians to attend. Most people don't have a clue that we can attend such wonderful events let alone that we even have any at all. All of my clients were very surprised at the variety of them and were also very impressed as to who some of the speakers were to be as well as the fact that so many manufacturer's are there. smile

Jerry Groot RPT
Piano Technicians Guild
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.
C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Everybody be sure to stop by my piano promo booth in the Exhibit Hall. I wanted to have my coffee pot to give away free coffee, but the coffee Nazis have put the thumbscrews to me on that one.

I am, however, planning to bake 12 dozen (that's really gross!) homemade chocolate cookies to give away to anyone who stops by - so be sure to get yours!

Plus, I'll be giving away a piano repair truck from Schaff. If you don't have one, you don't know what you're missing. Stop by for the particulars.

See you all there! Chuck

Tuner/Technician/Rebuilder/Technical Writer
www.pianopromoproductions.com
515-212-9220

"The act of destruction is infinitely easier than the act of creation" - Arthur C. Clarke
W
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by Chuck Behm
Everybody be sure to stop by my piano promo booth in the Exhibit Hall. I wanted to have my coffee pot to give away free coffee, but the coffee Nazis have put the thumbscrews to me on that one.

I am, however, planning to bake 12 dozen (that's really gross!) homemade chocolate cookies to give away to anyone who stops by - so be sure to get yours!

Plus, I'll be giving away a piano repair truck from Schaff. If you don't have one, you don't know what you're missing. Stop by for the particulars.

See you all there! Chuck

you need to do a photo shoot for making the cookies

Wayne Walker
Walker's Piano Service
http://www.walkerpiano.ca/
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Time is ticking away, but it is not too late to come to the convention in Kansas City!
[Linked Image]

One of the best things you can do for your career as a technician is attend the terrific business classes that are available and taught by some of the must successful techs in the business. Here's some examples:

45 Ways to Make Your Business More Successful by the PTG Economic Affairs Committee: Dozens of tips you can start using right away to get more clients, build your reputation, and boost your income!

The Business of Rebuilding by Wally Brooks: Learn proven approaches to coming up with professional estimates, appraisals, and contracts. Learn to successfully sell large and small restorations while covering your backside!

Cash is King! by Bruce Genck: A fast-paced information packed class presented by a 30-year professional.

Ethics by Isaac Sadigursky: You deal with some delicate issues with clients and colleagues everyday. Discuss ethical issues that affect your business and how to address them.

Gut Taxes by John Gallen: Taxes got you down? Let's gut your taxes. Are you doing what you can to lessen your tax burden? How will recent tax changes affect you and your business? Find all the Dutch loop-holes to which you are entitled!

Point Blank Business Plus Plus by Jack Wyatt: This is an updated version of Jacks famous and popular business class. Jack has definitely been an inspiration to me over the years! Much income is left unearned for services that pianos desperately need. By not pointing this out, we do our customers, our profession, and ourselves a great disservice.

Pricing Piano Service by Dale Probst: Explore a skill that is indispensable in developing a successful piano service business. Unfortunately, this critical segment of our craft continue to be mysterious, misunderstood, and even ignored.

Ryan Sowers,
Pianova Piano Service
Olympia, WA
www.pianova.net
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I definitely plan on going to at least 2 of these myself!!! I love these kinds of classes!

Jerry Groot RPT
Piano Technicians Guild
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I actually wound up taking in these 3 classes that Ryan posted.

45 Ways to Make Your Business More Successful by the PTG Economic Affairs Committee: Dozens of tips you can start using right away to get more clients, build your reputation, and boost your income!

Cash is King! by Bruce Genck: A fast-paced information packed class presented by a 30-year professional.

Point Blank Business Plus Plus by Jack Wyatt: This is an updated version of Jacks famous and popular business class. Jack has definitely been an inspiration to me over the years! Much income is left unearned for services that pianos desperately need. By not pointing this out, we do our customers, our profession, and ourselves a great disservice.

I just couldn't get out of bed for Dale's class on piano pricing.... To darn tired.... But, the other 3 were fantastic!

Jerry Groot RPT
Piano Technicians Guild
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.
R
R
Wow! Wouldn't it be great if the PTG made transcripts or videos of these classes for sale to members at a later date?

R
R
Wow! Wouldn't it be great if the PTG made transcripts or videos of these classes for sale to members at a later date?

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Chuck Behm

See you all there! Chuck

Hmmmmm, as many times as I stopped by, I never did see any of those cookies... smile

Nancy Fanzlaw
Seamstress for the Band

www.FortePianoGallery.com
Forte' on Facebook

"The piano was God's gift to music." Lou Mason

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Ha ha! Yeah! Where are the cookies Chuck?? You'll have to make 24 dozen for next year to make up for it! grin

Ryan Sowers,
Pianova Piano Service
Olympia, WA
www.pianova.net
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Feedback time... I had a hard time concentrating on anything but my upcoming tech exam, but still I scheduled classes. I'm glad I did.

Don Mannino's vertical regulation class was awesome.

The 37 steps with Yamaha were the best steps I've ever climbed, although we only got to 25 or so.

The tuning classes of Bremmer/Stopper/Andersen gave me the full spectra. Soon I will find my own space in there smile

Patrick Wingren, RPT
Wingren Pianistik
https://facebook.com/wingrenpianistik
Concert Tuner at Schauman Hall, Jakobstad, Finland
Musician, arranger, composer

- - - -
Dedicated to learning the craft of tuning. Getting better.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission