2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 11 invisible), 1,849 guests, and 279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
F
F
At that price level (30+k) you could consider the following:

a. The Shigeru Kawai (SK2) at Robert Piano? That one's pretty nice. Did you also try the Wilh steinberg in Chiu Piano? Cheaper than Schimmel, and deeper sounding.

b. Bohemia at Gramercy in tanjong katong (but the pianos don't seem as well prepped there)

c. A sauter upright, which is very nice and very pretty, and allows you to do the rapid repeated notes in La campanella or similar pieces with ease. I'm not sure where Alvin is located nowadays.

d. A used grand piano say from Asia Piano or Emmanuel. (Emmanuel also has a Fazioli and Estonia in the past, but none to try at the moment I think.)

e. Recently a shop called Pristine Piano also started selling restored Steinways that you might want to take a look at.

Separately perhaps the mod could move these two queries (which are not about Hailun per se) to the Singapore thread and further boost its page count.

In progress

Beethoven: Op 109, Op 110
L
L
I bought a new Hailun piano 6 months ago.. the HL125 model I supppose.. not sure.. the height is 125cm. I'm not an expert in playing piano. Bought it mainly for my son who just started playing piano. Myself I dun even have a grade 1 in piano but i'm learning together with my son.

I can say that I'm very disappointed with this piano.. even though i am an amateur. Reason why I'm disappointed is the the piano keys have this "clock" "clock" feel and sound particularly when i play the keys on the RHS. the middle section also have this effect but not as bad as the RHS keys. Can this be fixed with proper tuning?

Now thinking about it, I should have forked out more money to pay for a better quality piano... Not sure if I should try to sell away the piano or just use it for the time being until when my son is really interested in piano

Any advise? Keep or return to the piano shop for half the price... I used it for only 6months..:~

P
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
P
Welcome to the forums, Lucida! I'm sorry you are having problems with your Hailun. My advice is to get a better technician who knows how to adress your problems. It seems the piano has not been prepped (action regulated in this case) properly. Properly adjusted piano actions should not be producing "clock clock" sounds in any way or fashion. I have played Hailun uprights, and i have not seen or heard problems like you describe.

Edit: contact your dealer and tell tham about it; pianos should not have any problems like you describe.

Best of luck!

Last edited by Rotom; 01/27/12 07:49 AM. Reason: What to do;

1942 Baldwin M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I would slam the dealer before the brand.

Platinum Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Platinum Subscriber
Originally Posted by Guapo Gabacho
I would slam the dealer before the brand.

Lucida,

This is not a brand issue, but a piano issue. If you have shared this with your dealer and they have not sent someone out to correct it, shame on them. If you can get no satisfaction from your dealer, then get in touch with Hailun directly through their website.

Keep us posted,

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
Visit one of our four locations
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Learn more about the Matchless Cunningham
Lucida #1832835 01/27/12 10:37 AM
J
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Before purchasing my Hailun 218 I played one Hailun upright, simply because it happened to be in the room! I can fully appreciate why you might have fallen for the instrument: the one I played had an absolutely beautiful tone.

Usually issues with touch are not difficult to address, at least in my experience. I wouldn't let go of the piano, because it is very unlikely you'll find anything in the same price range with remotely as beautiful a tone.

Recently purchased pianos SHOULD come with some kind of warranty; so try to have the action dealt with!!!

JG

L
L
I contacted the dealer and he say he will send someone to check the piano this Friday. Hope that the problem will be fixed. Will update again on my experience

Platinum Subscriber
Platinum Subscriber
Please do keep us posted, Lucida.

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
Visit one of our four locations
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Learn more about the Matchless Cunningham
K
KBS Offline
K
Hi Lucida,
I just came from a shop that had some Hailuns and loved how they felt & sounded! I was amazed, though, at how different they were from each other! (have to say that I also tried out the Petrofs, a Kawai, a vertical Steinway, along with others...). My head is spinning with the possibilities now, as when I left my home this morning, I really didn't think I'd be able to hear or feel the differences that everyone writes about...

I am sorry to hear that you've been having a problem with your piano, I hope that it is easily resolved by the tech visit. I am in an evaluative stage and now want to try many pianos before making the final purchase. Reading posts, (along with the comments of the pros who populate these forums), are very helpful to learn of issues, as well as resolutions, that others are encountering. Please do post with an update!

Last edited by KBS; 01/30/12 05:42 PM. Reason: Correct some spelling
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission